Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

Chile relleno combo #5 plate!!!

You’re on a roll !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

cashews and raisins and beef jerky

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

that is some very dehydrated urine!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I made dal for the first time. It turned out pretty decent. Not the best but I just sort of haphazardly threw in the spices and didn't measure anything.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Just sandwiches tonight.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I cooked some potato gems, then poured baked beans and chilli sauce on top of them, covered them in cheese, and put them back in the oven for a bit. Pretty good.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Eggplant parmesan and a green salad with lemon vinaigrette.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A frozen Brew Pub pizza. It's on the counter cooling a bit before I slice it. I hope it's good!

Gonna throw some Frank's Red Hot Original on it!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A frozen Brew Pub pizza. It's on the counter cooling a bit before I slice it. I hope it's good!

Gonna throw some Frank's Red Hot Original on it!

omg it's been a long time since I've seen that av....

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Literally A Person posted:

omg it's been a long time since I've seen that av....

:) Just changed it. A Christmas present to you all. I realized I didn't have the original non-Ban-gif one so I just used that one since I don't know how to edit pics.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Filet Mignon, Chimichurri, Twice Baked Potato and 19 Crimes. I could have done a better job on the sear but the actual steak was cooked perfectly.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Gatts posted:

Filet Mignon, Chimichurri, Twice Baked Potato and 19 Crimes. I could have done a better job on the sear but the actual steak was cooked perfectly.

Chimichurri is god’s own steak topping

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Xpost from egg thread

Smugworth posted:

Only broke the first two batches of hollandaise
Xmas dinner is egg

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Chimichurri is god’s own steak topping

It is indeed good. It also reminds me of mint and coriander chutney.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Gatts posted:

I could have done a better job on the sear

You didn't boil it?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You didn't boil it?

lol no. Cooked in a pan with oil, butter, thyme and garlic, basted it for a couple minutes, finished it off in the oven.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Gatts posted:

lol no. Cooked in a pan with oil, butter, thyme and garlic, basted it for a couple minutes, finished it off in the oven.

Next time go a little higher heat in the pan for a better sear but other than that it looks fine.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Gatts posted:

When milk steak goes wrong.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

its all nice on rice posted:

When milk steak goes wrong.

It’s over medium at best

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I made a mini-meatloaf with roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli. I got the recipe from Budget Bytes for the most part.

Turned out pretty good! Not bad for a lonely New Year's dinner.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I bought some "cauliflower and broccoli rice" from the supermarket because it was marked down due to reaching its sell-by date. It smelled of farts. I cooked and ate it anyway, but it was real bad. I mixed soy sauce, chilli oil, hot sauce and chilli jam into it to try to disguise the flavour. It sort of worked. Not really.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh man, I lazily fried up some chicken and onions and added it to a spicy butter chicken sauce I got from an Indian grocer and had it over rice and it absolutely beat the poo poo out of the takeouts around here.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

A win today from the "marked down" section of the supermarket: turkey burgers.

With alfalfa sprouts, cheese, carrot, cabbage, and chilli & garlic sauce.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Crab omelet, or as I like to call it, cromelet

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

^^I'd let that happen

I've never made guacamole, I was just gonna use Alton brown's recipe unless anyone has an alternate offering?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I just made a turkey club and thought it was ok but kind of tasteless then realized with 1 bite left the bacon was still on the stove

:ughh:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Spinach Mac and cheese with turkey meatloaf.

Used blue cheese herb mustard it was bomb

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Tuna salad sandwich

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Steak, sweet potato, and broccoli.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Beef braised short ribs.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I just made a turkey club and thought it was ok but kind of tasteless then realized with 1 bite left the bacon was still on the stove

:ughh:

Like... burning?

Or just as dessert now

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

^^just sittin, the last bite was glorious

pro starcraft loser posted:

Beef braised short ribs.

:hellyeah:

I fuckin love short ribs, but they never go on sale here so you can get striploins or tbones for half the price when they do :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My nephew is staying over tonight so I'm gettin' chinese food for us. Not exactly sure what I want to get but crab rangoon is definitely going to be on the menu.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

My nephew is staying over tonight so I'm gettin' chinese food for us. Not exactly sure what I want to get but crab rangoon is definitely going to be on the menu.

sometimes when I get Chinese I get an order of steamed veggie dumplings and an order of pan fried pork dumplings.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
The most consistently good Chinese dish is veggie lo mein.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Salt and pepper X

Eat some fried food

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm getting Yu Hsing Shrimp (never heard of it before) and crab rangoon, he's getting pot stickers and beef lo mein. Then we're going to play a new board game I got; Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion. :3:

I probably should have learned how to play first but we'll figure it out after dinner. Got the first fire in the fireplace of the year going now too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'm getting Yu Hsing Shrimp (never heard of it before) and crab rangoon, he's getting pot stickers and beef lo mein. Then we're going to play a new board game I got; Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion. :3:

I think thats like the "beginner" set to help new people ease into Gloomhaven. Its supposed to be fun though