Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I wouldn't say it's obscure because it was made by Nintendo but I think a lot of people would be surprised how good 1 player mode in Mario Party Advance is.

It was definitely ignored though because the fun of Mario Party is multiplayer with friends and chances are if you are with all your friends you aren't going to have four GBAs, four copies of Mario Party Advance, and three link cables. Plus odds are you will be near electricity so you'd just play it on the Gamecube or whatever.

Anyway I don't even remember what made me try it but 1 player mode was one of my favorite game experiences ever (I played it some time in 2008 or so, long after the GBA was dead). It reminds me a lot of Mario Golf for the GBC and GBA where it has a bunch of RPG elements for 1 player mode. It's basically like Mario Party RPG. One memorable thing in the game I remember was you had to help this dolphin who was trying to be a stand-up comedian, but his jokes were terrible. So you'd have to go find him good jokes for him to use, and the audience ends up loving him if you do it right.

I really do think anyone who plays the 1 player mode of Mario Party Advance would absolutely love it, as weird as it is to probably hear someone say.

yup. you nailed it again, uncle at nintendo. a very obscure nintendo first party game. i should beat you about the head and neck you stupid little prick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Gears of War.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

League of Legenda. Hurr. gently caress off troll. Don't ruin one of the last vestiges of truly great discussion left.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

League of Legenda. Hurr. gently caress off troll. Don't ruin one of the last vestiges of truly great discussion left.

You have AIDS.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DOTA2. League of Legends. Smite. Fortnite. TF2 (2k21). poo poo is cash money. Ohh, aaah! (casually) Don't dank my loot box bro! Ahaha. (serious now) Did you seriously just take that?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DOTA2. League of Legends. Smite. Fortnite. TF2 (2k21). poo poo is cash money. Ohh, aaah! (casually) Don't dank my loot box bro! Ahaha. (serious now) Did you seriously just take that?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfak

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Gears of War.

In Training posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I enjoyed this Game Boy game Quarth when I was a kid. It's a shmup that pretends to be a puzzle game, but it has a cool scoring system where you can increase the size of the shapes for more points, but at greater risk you'll fail to complete them in time and die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFeJUERLmAU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

FactsAreUseless posted:

I enjoyed this Game Boy game Quarth when I was a kid. It's a shmup that pretends to be a puzzle game, but it has a cool scoring system where you can increase the size of the shapes for more points, but at greater risk you'll fail to complete them in time and die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFeJUERLmAU

I played this as a kid too and it's really neat.
I never beat it, though.
Maybe I should play it again.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Dept. Heaven JRPG series (Riviera the Promised Land, Yggdra Union, Knights in the Nightmare and Gungnir). Unfortunately the company who makes those has been on some financial dire straits or something so they haven't done the rest of the games that are supposed to finish the series.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the Valkyrie profile DS game was a cool strategy game. you can one shot any boss in the game in exchange for that unit permanently dying and the final maps +story finale change based on who's left in your party, and it's got NG+ cycles to try and keep everyone alive. neat game but kind of really easy from what I remember so it wasn't too engaging to actually play over and over but anytime anybody talks aboht VP they're talking about the Ps1 game and nothing else.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My little brother got hold of my account last night. He thought this was a different thread.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My little brother got hold of my account last night. He thought this was a different thread.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

the Valkyrie profile DS game was a cool strategy game. you can one shot any boss in the game in exchange for that unit permanently dying and the final maps +story finale change based on who's left in your party, and it's got NG+ cycles to try and keep everyone alive. neat game but kind of really easy from what I remember so it wasn't too engaging to actually play over and over but anytime anybody talks aboht VP they're talking about the Ps1 game and nothing else.

gamer, break out the cherry cream flavor gfuel and pour it into your 40 oz gfuel branded sippy cup gfuel dispenser. its time to get pogging:

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

gamer, break out the cherry cream flavor gfuel and pour it into your 40 oz gfuel branded sippy cup gfuel dispenser. its time to get pogging:

developer: dudulu

lmfao

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

SimEarth was the poo poo.
The SNES version was poo poo.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

dudulu niffynee now answer me these riddles three

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

b_d posted:

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

b_d posted:

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

b_d posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

b_d posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

b_d posted:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

b_d posted:

lol

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

kingdom under fire: the crusaders is a game where you control an army commander and hack n slash through huge battles like dynasty warriors games but also tactically command all the units like an rts from a minimap. all your units also have xp systems to gain levels and you buy and equip and upgrade each units weapons and armor through a system that’s pretty deep. it was an original xbox title but it got ported to pc in 2020 along with its sequel kingdom under fire: heroes.

i love it even though i didn’t think anyone else played it but i saw mandalore did a video on it a lil while ago https://youtu.be/IYTsnNPu-0E

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Necros posted:

kingdom under fire

briefly thought you were talking about bound by flame and was laughing my rear end off

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Necros posted:

kingdom under fire: the crusaders is a game where you control an army commander and hack n slash through huge battles like dynasty warriors games but also tactically command all the units like an rts from a minimap. all your units also have xp systems to gain levels and you buy and equip and upgrade each units weapons and armor through a system that’s pretty deep. it was an original xbox title but it got ported to pc in 2020 along with its sequel kingdom under fire: heroes.

i love it even though i didn’t think anyone else played it but i saw mandalore did a video on it a lil while ago https://youtu.be/IYTsnNPu-0E

You ever played Bladestorm the Hundred Year War? It is a weird as gently caress game from Koei that is like the warriors games but you command small squads on the battlefield. I played the poo poo out of it on the 360.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

b_d posted:

lmao

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Plutonis posted:

You ever played Bladestorm the Hundred Year War? It is a weird as gently caress game from Koei that is like the warriors games but you command small squads on the battlefield. I played the poo poo out of it on the 360.

nah missed it but it looks good and theres a remake for pc

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Plutonis posted:

bladestorm was also what i thought of. that game was sick as hell. flamethrower dudes ftw.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
from the same era: chromehounds. pvp mecha game with a persistent 3 way war that your wins/losses contribute to. you could customize the poo poo out of your mechs and each of the factions had different focuses. i think i played the slav faction. we got our asses kicked a lot lol.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

lol

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Muscle Wizard posted:

from the same era: chromehounds. pvp mecha game with a persistent 3 way war that your wins/losses contribute to. you could customize the poo poo out of your mechs and each of the factions had different focuses. i think i played the slav faction. we got our asses kicked a lot lol.

Some dudes got up to some crazy poo poo like having a huge rotating platform that was nothing but like 4 cannons spaced out to have each shot use the previous shot's recoil to center the aim of the next one

Mechwarrior meets Kerbal Space Program is a permanent niche genre but in the best way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Shadow President was an early 90s simulation game where you are the US president near the start of the first gulf war while the USSR is still a concern. Your goal is to make the right decisions to be re-elected in four years. The game has many spreadsheets filled with economic data and diplomatic options.

In one of my first games I ended the embargo on Cuba which saw the US standard of living go up .01%. Then started sponsoring as many covert opts as I could to free the UK from their tyrannical monarchy and got caught immediately. Whenever things go downhill it’s easy to press the red button and let the nukes fly although in the game’s defense it’s never a winning strategy.

Surprisingly detailed and you have a cabinet of advisors trying to keep you on the right path, and it’s amusing to see the Secretary of State yell that strong winds from Canada have blown nuclear fallout into Wisconsin. The global scenarios could get odd fast, I checked a random YouTube and a guy lost after a coup sponsored by Japan successfully overthrew his regime. Not a masterpiece but fun to mess around with.