Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Ignis posted:

AITA for recommending a sports anime to my niece (13f) that my sister (her mother) didn’t approve of?

For the non-watching anime audience, this is part of the description of Keijo (you might not want to google it :nws:)

Lmaoooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Ignis posted:

AITA for recommending a sports anime to my niece (13f) that my sister (her mother) didn’t approve of?

For the non-watching anime audience, this is part of the description of Keijo (you might not want to google it :nws:)

But what if it's Kawaii Kaiju Keijo?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Banning a 13 year old from doing something will definitely stop them

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Agrikk posted:

I like to think that anyone who uses “bruh” and “sikkunts” (whatever that is) is more likely to be a Linkin Park fan than an Adele fan.

"Sick cunts" aka "mad lad" aka "cool guy". Sounds about right for some 17 year old Aussie/kiwi who thinks they're a badass Source: used to work with some

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Ignis posted:

I just googled it. I'm pretty sure I'm on some kind of law enforcement watchlist now.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

lostleaf posted:

I just googled it. I'm pretty sure I'm on some kind of law enforcement watchlist now.

Ignis tried to warn you!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I thought of adding a gif to make a point, but that would probably net me a probie tbh

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Ignis posted:

I thought of adding a gif to make a point, but that would probably net me a probie tbh

A worthy sacrifice.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

PancakeTransmission posted:

"Sick cunts" aka "mad lad" aka "cool guy". Sounds about right for some 17 year old Aussie/kiwi who thinks they're a badass Source: used to work with some

And here I thought it was some weird slang for sycophants.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ignis posted:

Anime pedos really do think that they exist in this bubble where the rest of us don't see them until it's way, way too late

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Oddball teammates using positive masculinity and diligence to bond with each other and turn their has-been team into a national threat == big boob girls using big boobs to beat other big boob girls at boob wrestling

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Oddball teammates using positive masculinity and diligence to bond with each other and turn their has-been team into a national threat == big boob girls using big boobs to beat other big boob girls at boob wrestling

you forgot the butts :c00lbutt:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I notice that anime recommender did not include their age or gender

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

PancakeTransmission posted:

This is absolutely definitely Australian, a kiwi would use bro, not bruh.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for threatening to disinvite my parents from my wedding for their ignorant comments?

quote:

My (28M) fiancee (27F) and I are getting married next June, after dating for 10 years. I’m white British, from a village and she’s South Asian. My parents love her, and are welcoming of her, calling her a beautiful Indian princess, although it hasn’t been much of a culture shock for them. She’s very ‘Anglicised’, Brit accent, because she lived in several countries before coming to the UK at 17.

She went through a lot of racism before, which was horrible and direct, so she doesn’t complain about ‘small things’. By that I mean comments my parents make out of ignorance, like teasing her for her name, making jokes about terrorists (her family are not practicing Muslims), how our children will all be called Mohammed, saying they would give our kids ‘English nicknames’ because we’re planning to give them cultural names. Or calling her an ‘Indian kitchen maid’ if she’s doing chores, telling her when she gets pregnant she’ll have a ‘Delhi Belly’. She doesn’t react to those comments, but I know they upset her and she doesn’t say it because she knows it could be worse.

Last week, her parents came over to meet mine, and they flew over in a 15 hour flight. Her parents aren’t as ‘Anglicised’ as she is, and have heavy accents. I was so embarrassed when we went for dinner, and my dad started talking to them in a put on Indian accent. My mum kept asking her mum about dowries and forced marriages, which confused them because they were obviously not that traditional if they were happy with their daughter marrying me. She also asked her mum if I died, would my fiancee jump into the cremation fire. Kept calling our Indian wedding (which they wanted!) a big costume party. Then my dad after some drinks started making bomb jokes when the waiter came, like “oh, be careful, Mr X might blow this place up if you don’t do his steak right!”.

I could see my fiancee was embarrassed, but she didn’t say anything. After the dinner, she went to her parents’ hotel and I confronted my parents about the things they said. I have always told them those “jokes” add up, but they brushed it off because she never said anything. I asked her why she never did, and she said ‘what would I look like if I started this fight? why do i have to be the one that stirs the pot?’

My parents started arguing that it was because they never had exposure to South Asians. That’s not true, we live in a village but its near a huge multicultural city. Also, we dated for 10 years. It’s unfair: her family are wealthy and move in “socialite” circles while mine are working class, but her parents never were classist even though they were “used to” rich people. I got angry and said maybe our wedding is one costume party they may not be invited to. (They would be, I just said it out of anger). My mum started crying, and my dad called my fiancee and told her the fuss I made “because of her”, and now she’s awkward too.

Idk who I offended and how, but AITA?

quote:

I’m not sure if they’re racist

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

My sister(17f) is threatening to out me(19m) to our parents unless I break up with my bf(21m) cause she's obsessed with him

I read this and I have to question if the parents really do not already know their son is gay. They know he regularly goes over to another man's house for "sleepovers", just the two of them. Do they really not already know he is gay?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Nebrilos posted:

I read this and I have to question if the parents really do not already know their son is gay. They know he regularly goes over to another man's house for "sleepovers", just the two of them. Do they really not already know he is gay?

They are obviously don't straight guy things together liking taking about boobs

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Didn’t Zyzz die because he had like 1% body fat and passed out in a sauna alone, or was that someone else?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, maybe the OP shouldn't be recommending anime to their niece.

Or be allowed to live within 500 metres of a school.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Didn’t Zyzz die because he had like 1% body fat and passed out in a sauna alone, or was that someone else?

He had a congenital heart problem, but I think he was in a sauna when it went down.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for calling an acquaintance a closeted gay and embarrassing him?

quote:

"Elmo" is a former friend of my husband that hates me with the passion of a thousand suns, he tried for years to get us to break up but when it didn’t happen his hatred grew even more. I am unsure why he disliked me initially but I know a big part of it is because our birthdays are very close and my husband has always prioritized mine. He was always rude and condescending with me, would speak over me, the whole shebang. It was an issue for my husband since he defended me at the beginning but then I just told him to ignore it, I felt bad for Elmo because my husband was one of his very few friends.

It all exploded when we announced our engagement, Elmo was upset and let everybody know that I was just trying to trick my husband into marrying me because I was a social climbing gold digger. (Side note, it would be the other way around but Elmo didn’t know that then.) Needless to say he wasn’t invited and my husband said it was too much to keep ignoring it. They still sometimes see each other due to a pair of common friends, we would feel awful to request them to cut him off because that is now the extent of his social circle. I mean, he knows people but is not exactly liked around.

Last night, one of the common friends had a pre holidays party and invited us. Since my cousin "Ricky" is visiting I considered staying home or doing something else, but the organizer said he was welcome to join if he wanted. Ricky is gay, not a big deal for most but it seems Elmo is not a fan although in Elmo’s defense he might just dislike anything that has to do with me and not be homophobic but god only knows with him. We were there already when Elmo arrived, he was really happy to see my husband and began making small talk with my cousin when he saw me and made a face, I simply shrugged it off and just greeted him to be polite. Fast forward an hour or two, Ricky talks about his ex and how he misses him but doesn’t think is the right time for them.

Elmo interjects and says maybe he, Ricky, is just wrong. I look at him like wtf, Elmo says "I’m just saying he should let people know he’s gay before he gets close to them" Everybody was looking at us now and I just did a clutches pearls hand movement and said "OMFG, the audacity of a gay person shaking hands with a straight one" People laughed and I just rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen for more wine. Elmo followed me and said it was uncalled but he didn’t expect anything else from me. I told him is not my fault he is a homophobe and probably a closeted gay in love with my husband. He screamed, I laughed and said "at least now we know why you hate me".

We left and I apologized to the hosts but told them I couldn’t stay there. My husband found it hilarious and doesn’t care about Elmo anymore. The host sent me a text apologizing for the drama, reminding me it‘s not my fault. But my cousin feels calling him a closeted gay was uncalled for and if he is I just made it all worse.

AITA?

Oh, Elmo is 43 btw.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Obvious fake, Elmo is 6-ish and always will be

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I [16M] am trying to make my dad and his mistress/girlfriend's life a living hell

quote:

TLDR: I've been extremely disruptive and annoying to my dad and his mistress for the past 2 months, not sure what I should do.

I had (until 2 months ago) a normal family life. I have 2 other siblings, our family had dinner together most days, we went to movies, road trips etc. My parents argued sometimes but over minor stuff and resolved it within like 2 hours. Long story shirt, my dad came home and said he's been cheating on my mom for 2 years and wants to be with his AP now. Moved out, still financially supporting us (mom is stay at home). His girlfriend is a little younger than my mom (2-3 years younger I think).

My dad's been trying to get me to talk to her. Both of my siblings are adults (one college, one working) and yelled at my dad the day we found out and have cut both of them off. I'm still a kid so I don't really have a way to avoid them. I stay with my mom most of the time but realized I'll start hanging out with them and be a complete rear end in a top hat.

For example, I told my dad I would go with him and his girlfriend to the grocery store to get to know her better. I made up some excuse to go to a really far store (like an hour drive away) and my dad agreed probably because he was happy I wanted to meet her. When we got there, I told them I was going to the clothing section and would meet them in a bit. Well, I actually got back in the car, without saying a word to either of them and drove home and stranded them there. It took them like an hour to realize I left and then another hour to get home. Dad super mad at me.

My dad's girlfriend's FB is logged in on his laptop and he left it open once. I went into her account and made a paragraph long post about how shes a homewrecker (I wrote it like she was the one who was posting) and now shes lost all of her friends (according to my dad, idk how accurate that is)

I'm posting here because I'm not sure what to do. Obviously I can't keep acting like a 5 year old forever. At the same time, I feel extreme anger any time I see or thinking about them and I doubt that's going to go away any time soon.

What should I do?

quote:

Yeah I spoke with my siblings the older one told me to knock it off and ignore them, the college one told me to keep it up LOL.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Respect for a player

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mx. posted:

I [16M] am trying to make my dad and his mistress/girlfriend's life a living hell

keep up the good work

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
I’ve met the love of my life but we can’t date. It’s making me depressed.

quote:

I’m 15, in my freshmen year of high school. For the first few months of school, it was really slow. I struggled to keep my grades up, I had just a few close friends, and I was pretty bored most of the time.

About a months time ago, I had a project in 5th period English about “Culture and Climate” where we had to write about the school. While this all happened, I met this girl named Reagan.

When the group made a text chat, I texted her a few funny tiktoks I saw now and then, and we started chatting. When I got Snapchat, we started chatting on there. We’ve talked everyday for 16 days straight.

She’s the sweetest, nicest person I’ve ever met, and I think she’s my dream girl. When I’m around her, I feel happy, I feel like someone cares about me, and I feel we both really enjoy each other.

One of the best factors about this is that I am physically attracted to her. I’ve been in some other relationships with good people but it’ll never ultimately last if we aren’t attracted to each other.

She’s got nice long hair, curvy thighs, some nice breasts, and she’s 5’3 (I’m 5’11/6’0) so I stand pretty tall next to her. When I look at her while talking to her, I feel a sense of love almost.

The problem with all of this, is she’s gay. She’s got a girlfriend that she met online and seems to think she’ll actually have a long term relationship with.

I’ve met her girlfriend, she’s cool and all, but we live in Kentucky and her girlfriend lives in South Carolina. The way I see it, is that, that relationship won’t last.

I’m just sad about it all. I’ve never met someone I’ve loved, but if I do, it’s her. I can’t go 12 hours without talking to her or I think I’ve done wrong.

I’m hoping that something happens and she realizes that this relationship won’t work. I’m hoping she is gaining these feelings for me aswell, and that she’ll realize she was only gay, because she couldn’t find a good man.

Her dad left, and she’s been dealing with abusive boyfriends all her life. I understand her distrust in men. I’m just hoping she gives me a chance.

When I think about her, I think about us taking a trip to Spain/Mexico. (not sure why,) I imagine her wearing in the most beautiful dress, and smiling as she dances with me. (She has the most beautiful smile)

The song “South Of The Border” by Ed Sheeran makes me think about it. It almost makes me cry, thinking it might never happen.

I think I love this girl.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Yes dude. Do it. Nuke the poo poo out of her.

All lesbians really need a clingy dude to prove that they are not lesbians.

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
fuckin teenagers, mang

i remember when my "the one" broke up with me. i posted in E/N about it, way back in the halcyon days of 2012. all it took was a few older goons going "life goes on and also you're a dipshit" to snap me out of it. hope this kid has a similar experience.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

talking about the"love of his life" when he's had puberty for at max 20 minutes

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
fun fact: literally every single person he's going to tell they just don't understand the depth of his feelings has, at one point, been 15 years old

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

A new restraining order is born

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
His description of her body is boiling my blood, christ. :murder:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

packetmantis posted:

His description of her body is boiling my blood, christ. :murder:
I'm more personally offended at the assumption that ofc her relationship with her girlfriend won't last and she only thinks she's a lesbian because men have been horrible to her.

Like... just enjoy being friends, OP, because she can make you happy and really click with you, as friends. If you can't manage that because you're also attracted to her, that's on you!

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
i was trying to track that one down because i wanted to see how OP was responding to comments. didn't find it, but did find this:

Situationship

quote:

TL;DR: My long time best friend and I finally slept together after he told me he had feelings for me and is now uninterested.

So me (F24) and my best friend (M38) have been best friends for around 7/8 years now and have always been on and off friends with benefits. We’ve always had fun together and find that we’re compatible despite our age gap. No matter how our lives went I.e one of us moved farther away, one of us had kids or one of us got into a serious relationship, we somehow always found our way back to each other.

Recently, we started up talking romantically/sexually again and before long, we agreed to meet up and go on a date together. For around a week leading up to our date, we sent pics constantly and texted constantly. It was very clear that he was interested. However things took a turn different to when we’ve done things before in the past when he mentioned how he felt he had feelings for me which was difficult for him to understand. I told him that I shared this feeling with him and we really felt like we were closer than ever. He said that he feels we were always meant to be a couple and that was why we found our way back to each other every time. Although I shared his feelings, I was very surprised by this revelation and even somewhat skeptical.

Fast forward to last weekend, we met up and had our date. Everything went fantastic. It was like we had never been apart even though the pandemic has stopped us from seeing each other for 2 years. We ended up sleeping together and being very close which felt amazing. I felt safe and protected with him.

The next day I get home I texted him to make sure he was okay and he said he was fine. Something immediately seemed off because he wasn’t texting me with the same excitement or enthusiasm before. I put it down to being paranoid and I left it for 2/3 days before it had changed almost drastically in that he had gone from sending full paragraphs to literally just one word answers in texts like “yes” or even a single emoji and nothing else. I brought it up to him and he said it’s because he’s generally busy in the week with work and not as chatty. It’s now gone from texting every day to once a day if I’m lucky. I’m usually left on unread for 6+ hours even when he’s online other apps and posting selfies or statuses. I asked him last night where his head is at with the situation and he said that he’s “keeping his mind open” about it.

We’re now a week past our date and things just aren’t making me feel as good as they were before. I don’t know if he’s even still interested in me or what’s going on there. Should I just give up on the idea of him?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chloe Jessica posted:

i was trying to track that one down because i wanted to see how OP was responding to comments. didn't find it, but did find this:

Situationship

quote:

So me (F24) and my best friend (M38) have been best friends for around 7/8 years now and have always been on and off friends with benefits.

Oh noooooooooooo

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Okay, yeah, that's an age gap, but how bad can it be-

Oh.

Oh dear.

Yeah, do the math that's flat out disgusting.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The Bee posted:

Okay, yeah, that's an age gap, but how bad can it be-

Oh.

Oh dear.

Yeah, do the math that's flat out disgusting.

You did the math

You did the monster math

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
hahahahahaahahah recommending the butt battle anime hhahahahahahah

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I pray that "best friends for 7/8 years" means "known each other for 7/8 years total."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

kimbo305 posted:

I pray that "best friends for 7/8 years" means "known each other for 7/8 years total."

Read the rest of that sentence again. It contains the word "always." The generous read is that they have only been hooking up for as long as they've been "best friends" and oh hang on that's what you're saying :smith: