Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

There’s a Fleet Farm and a Farm & Fleet. I’ve only ever been in the F&F not the FF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Harbor Freight might be the only store with lower quality than Menards.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Dexo posted:

Farm and Fleet is the bougie Menards.

I've never felt high class in either of these stores.

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

There's some pretty bad Ace's out there.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

SirPablo posted:

Menards vs Fleet Farm

mills' candy aisle is better than any grocery store around me by far

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Fleet Farm aka "the Man's Mall" is the superior of the FF store

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SirPablo posted:

Menards vs Fleet Farm

They both suck. John Menard literally reduces store managers' pay to minimum wage if they allow union votes to happen in their stores, and is an absolute sex monster. Fleet Farm is also rabidly anti-union and anti-worker.

The real answer is Theisens (same concept as Fleet Farm / Farm & Fleet), based in Iowa, which gives a ridiculous fuckton of money to Toys For Tots every year.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm a block away from a Crafty Beaver

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

mastershakeman posted:

I'm at Menards and it sucks gently caress this place

and we like it that way

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Damnit I was gonna make a Harbor Freight joke

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Ok, maybe we should associate each current NFCN team with their appropriate all purpose hardware/goods store.

Bears - Menards
Lions - Harbor Freight
Packers - Lowes/HD
Vikings - Fleet Farm

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Menards is literally the suburb dad version of Farm and Fleet, which is the rural version. Menards is the Bougie one!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

HootTheOwl posted:

Menards is literally the suburb dad version of Farm and Fleet, which is the rural version. Menards is the Bougie one!

Rockford has both

My dad was always more of a Farm and Fleet person

Also Toyland loving owned to 9 year old Dex

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

SirPablo posted:

There's some pretty bad Ace's out there.

Ace is the place you fuckin pleb!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

While Menards is thread tradition.

...It's Fleet Farm you want you dumb bastards

Fleet farm has on site gas stations with FREE FRIGGIN pop corn. You can just HAVE IT. I have had the free popcorn twice in my 40 years on this earth

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Timby posted:

John Menard...is an absolute sex monster.

wait what

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Samadhi posted:

wait what

https://urbanmilwaukee.com/2013/06/20/murphys-law-the-strange-life-of-john-menard/

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

Rockford has both

My dad was always more of a Farm and Fleet person

Yep, farm and fleet was my go-to growing up. They eventually expanded and targeted suburban people and my dad got real mad the new stores didn't have tractor parts

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Not surprising at all, but it's a testament to his influence that this was not all over the news

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Samadhi posted:

Not surprising at all, but it's a testament to his influence that this was not all over the news

You're not wrong, but it brings again my complete lack of understanding why this thread chooses to overlook the owner of Menards being an objectively evil man just because "tee hee, the commercial! Save big money!"

Anyway, I'm just being a fuddy-duddy. Fields is going to get mauled at Lambeau tonight.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
You can’t beat that intense tire rubber smell when you walk into a Farm and Fleet. It’s a piece of my childhood.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I was so focused on Menards I forgot fields was even playing today, that the bears were playing the Packers, and that it wasn't at noon

I'm surprised the like is only 12 , this feels like an incoming 30 point beatdown

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

I'm surprised the like is only 12 , this feels like an incoming 30 point beatdown

Don't worry, I doubt the Packers are coming off of a bye or anything

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Bears lost by 10 last time. I’m thinking they lose by 17 this time.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Places Ive lived with Farm and Fleet:
Dekalb
Macomb

Places I've lived wth Menards
Northwest Suburbs

Places I've lived with neither:
San Antonio
Central Texas
Nor Cal

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mastershakeman posted:

I was so focused on Menards I forgot fields was even playing today, that the bears were playing the Packers, and that it wasn't at noon

The body only has 12 thoracic vertebrae.
but also 24 ribs, but still, 30 breaks on Fields is high.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

My sister lived with the Menard daughter in a house in college. No real stories, just sounded extremely privileged, but was only going to UW Eau Claire so I guess not crazy privileged. Still, leaving notes she was flying off to France for the weekend privileged.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

I worked for Midwest manufacturing, which is owned by Menards, for a summer in college, and it was awful. So many injuries, and so many people working through horrific injuries because we lost incentives if you had to go to the hospital. However, we had quotas we had to meet which was hard with the safety equipment so people often removed the safety stuff.

One guy tried to insist he didn't need to go to the hospital after he cut off his finger!

On my last day they had to call a flight for life helicopter because a pile of trusses fell on a guy.

It was awful.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

That's not the right way to save big money.

Also lol you're such a piece of poo poo Donald Turmp cuts business ties with you.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

sheri posted:

I worked for Midwest manufacturing, which is owned by Menards, for a summer in college, and it was awful. So many injuries, and so many people working through horrific injuries because we lost incentives if you had to go to the hospital. However, we had quotas we had to meet which was hard with the safety equipment so people often removed the safety stuff.

One guy tried to insist he didn't need to go to the hospital after he cut off his finger!

On my last day they had to call a flight for life helicopter because a pile of trusses fell on a guy.

It was awful.

:tviv:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Guy was probably right about his finger, when my dad chopped his off on accident there wasn't much blood. Went to the hospital and the doctor (drunk) was like what do you want me to do? I'm not gonna reattach it

Then they had to argue about keeping it , if you don't go you dont have to deal with that. Didn't even get a jar of formaldehyde so it just went in the freezer

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Dexo posted:

Samadhi posted:

Any man that buys a tool at Menards is in for a bad time, but they're generally the best place for raw materials

:hmmyes:

We're real near a Tractor Supply Company now, and it checks most of the Fleet Farm boxes (except for beekeeping supplies :argh:)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Lions have so many players out with illness (both COVID and otherwise) that they had to activate seven players from the practice squad just to field a team.

Today's game is going to be an adventure

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If the Broncos somehow manage to lose, they should be relegated to FCS football.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

Guy was probably right about his finger, when my dad chopped his off on accident there wasn't much blood. Went to the hospital and the doctor (drunk) was like what do you want me to do? I'm not gonna reattach it

Then they had to argue about keeping it , if you don't go you dont have to deal with that. Didn't even get a jar of formaldehyde so it just went in the freezer

Aaah for real? I always thought that if you got to the hospital fast enough they could reattach stuff.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
The doctor being drunk may be the more important part of that story

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

sheri posted:

Aaah for real? I always thought that if you got to the hospital fast enough they could reattach stuff.

Supposedly they can but that requires a competent doctor to be available

On the plus side there a LOT of practical jokes you can do with a frozen finger and a missing one on a hand

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Lions have so many players out with illness (both COVID and otherwise) that they had to activate seven players from the practice squad just to field a team.

Today's game is going to be an adventure

I am so excited for Clownball today. :woop:

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Gonz posted:

If the Broncos somehow manage to lose, they should be relegated to FCS football.

Only if the NDSU Bison get elevated up to the big leagues. Be Herd !!!

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

I'm personally going to bail for Succession at 8 and if the game is as bad as it seems like it's gonna be, then I'm not coming back.

Sorry, Bears. Watching a real-life murder is not how I want to spend Sunday night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Timby posted:

You're not wrong, but it brings again my complete lack of understanding why this thread chooses to overlook the owner of Menards being an objectively evil man just because "tee hee, the commercial! Save big money!"

Yeah I never found the joke that funny to begin with and was mystified as to why it came back again for this year's thread