Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Thoguh posted:

Sometimes somebody posts in here about something particularly stupid happening in the D&D thread so I go look, forget to close the tab, and then accidentally post in it later when I come back and forget which thread I’m in.

I also feel like an idiot every time that happens.

luckily it’s real easy to realize when you hosed up because you inevitably get a sixer for not being unquestioningly Open Biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Tomorrow is Sunday. Time to make beans/lentils.

Spiced Lentils with Carrots
Crock Pot Pinto Beans

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

LionArcher posted:

oh god I’m posting in the other thread I’m an idiot.

jesus christ oocc is an insufferable lib dumbass

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/athesphatic/status/1469743924289753088

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

lol eat poo poo fucker

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Non-instagram link about the two omi cases detected today in Tennessee! https://www.wreg.com/news/local/omicron-variant-detected-in-shelby-county/

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

HiroProtagonist posted:

lol eat poo poo fucker

How long can a death certificate be delayed if the family are obstructing?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

good, that dude sucked on a shingle

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

[extremely FDA panel voice]

well, let's wait and see

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Lmao I used to work in Olympia. He is the biggest Trump supporter in the Washington Senate and his biggest issue he was against was climate policy.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is from Bourla - the actual quote:

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/585065-pfizer-ceo-says-fourth-vaccine-shot-may-eventually-be-needed

quote:

"I think we will need the fourth dose," he said, pointing to his previous timeline of 12 months. "With omicron, we need to wait and see because we have very little information. We may need it faster."

no poo poo we're going to need it faster than 12 months

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

if we stay scared, the virus wins. i say, onward, unto the breach!

https://www.applebees.com/en/menu

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UkHSmDxX1t4

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Does anyone know any groups / non profits that are doing outreach or education for Covid?

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Coldrice posted:

Does anyone know any groups / non profits that are doing outreach or education for Covid?

... The CDC?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

:rimshot:

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Coldrice posted:

i keep sending my uncle this thread and he keeps replying with minion memes about the stolen election

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

No I meant like trying to actually teach people to avoid Covid

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1469856755568062469

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Coldrice posted:

California DHCS is running a program called CalHope that has resources and does outreach, funded by Medi-Cal and a FEMA grant.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So I double checked with my 3M 7500 and it also has the sound of air escaping and it took some doing but, yeah, when I close the filter bayonets, the sound stops. So it seems like I'm definitely somehow getting some of my outflow going through the inflow. But my inflow is pure. So I assume it's still safe? What are the consequences of this and how do I fix it? My secure click also does it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So I double checked with my 3M 7500 and it also has the sound of air escaping and it took some doing but, yeah, when I close the filter bayonets, the sound stops. So it seems like I'm definitely somehow getting some of my outflow going through the inflow. But my inflow is pure. So I assume it's still safe? What are the consequences of this and how do I fix it? My secure click also does it.

So you've got exhaust going out your filters? That'll shorten their lifespan but shouldn't hurt you otherwise. If it's happening with two masks, are you exhaling like you're trying to blow down a little pig's house?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Coldrice posted:

No I meant like trying to actually teach people to avoid Covid

it’s called THIS THREAD!!!!!!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

DoombatINC posted:

So you've got exhaust going out your filters? That'll shorten their lifespan but shouldn't hurt you otherwise. If it's happening with two masks, are you exhaling like you're trying to blow down a little pig's house?

Nope and doesn't happen with my honeywells.
Like is there a way I can a check to make sure with water or something? I mean obviously there's some differences but a leak is a leak and if air is getting through somewhere then water should, too, right? So if I cover up the exhalation area and the part where the filters go (and obviously remove the filters), and then fill the mask with water and nothing leaks, that means I'm good right?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Are you blowing hard enough to “pop” your ears when you do this, like you might on an æroplane or on a trip up a mountain?

That might explain the “static” sound.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

How long can a death certificate be delayed if the family are obstructing?

its not up to them (source: me, worked in an ME's office)

DCs are certified by an ME doing the autopsy who determines the cause and time (or best estimate) of death

the family can't obstruct poo poo about a DC but they can gag press reporting on it. which is imo a good thing overall.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Bullfrog posted:

if we stay scared, the virus wins. i say, onward, unto the breach!

https://www.applebees.com/en/menu

looks like applebes doesn't do blooming onions? the loony left at it again

ill take my 1 gallon bag o f beverage to go, please

https://www.applebees.com/en/menu/catering/beverages?order=1

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

we've done it. we've won

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

take off the filters and do a check

if it's still there, do a quick wipe down of the intake flappy valve to clear up any gunk on the seal line. i just checked my secure click and it was making a small sound when i had the exhaust blocked, cleaning the intake valve solved it.

edit: there's also a little buzzing on the secureclick from the speech diaphragm picking up the sound of me exhaling, that's normal.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 12, 2021

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
it is hard to keep a death underwraps. I suspect he is hosed up and too proud to admit it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Just a reminder for anyone in the Puget Sound area, there's a drive-thru Moderna site in Bothell with hundreds of appointments open 12/20-12/29 (that for some reason isn't showing up in the state's database / search, the last time I checked at least).

https://www.seattlevna.com/

also you can see Oreo the orca!

https://twitter.com/xylotthemes/status/1468313552935079938?s=21

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Bearjew posted:

we've done it. we've won

It might be a good sign that Thanksgiving this year was safer than Thanksgiving last year, since so many people had given up on safety measures by then; at least this year, many of the 25-person family gatherings involved vaccinated people. Of course, these daily case number still mean the daily deaths count is going to climb to 1,500 in a few weeks.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Brogeoisie posted:

I continue to lose faith in peoples ability to do exponential math

This reminds me of a class I took where we were asked to guess how thick a piece of paper folded 50 times would be. I think it was a high level cognitive psych course

I was closest but I was still off by orders of magnitude.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/mailonline/status/1469331110060568584?s=21

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Thoguh posted:

Sometimes somebody posts in here about something particularly stupid happening in the D&D thread so I go look, forget to close the tab, and then accidentally post in it later when I come back and forget which thread I’m in.

I also feel like an idiot every time that happens.

this happened with me and the gbs thread thankfully it didn't make any waves

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

colored red: countries best prepared at accepting fighting covid-22

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

the only two threads i get mixed up sometimes are TRUMP and this one

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!