Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Pink Floyd peaked with their first album.

Most everything post Piper at the Gates of Dawn is masturbatory trash about how "me dad went to The War innit" and/or how Syd was the heart of the band and it's sad he had brain problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was told so many stories about how he melted his brain with LSD and all modern rock was built on the fallout of seeing such a visionary reduced to a vegetable

Then it turns out he just got sick of music and retired to work in his backyard and gently caress all y’all

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Customers who viewed this item also viewed "Brenda's Beaver Needs a Barber", "Dee's Big Nuts", "Who Will Help Jack Off the Horse", "Show Me Your Cock", "Do You Want to Play With My Balls", "My Smelly rear end", …

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hyperlynx posted:

Thanks!

Also thanks! Will do.

Well, yeah, there we go. If that's their thing, that's their thing and more power to em, but it's not for me. Relatively clean, though, I guess.

Heebie-gbs?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

I get this reference :(

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

Most everything post Piper at the Gates of Dawn is masturbatory trash about how "me dad went to The War innit" and/or how Syd was the heart of the band and it's sad he had brain problems.

Mad Max 'that''s bait' gif but he's doing a jerking off hand thing

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Mad Max 'that''s bait' gif but he's doing a jerking off hand thing

Well it is their best album

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Mad Max 'that''s master bait' gif but he's doing a jerking off hand thing

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Oh boy 170 new posts in the funny pictures thread I bet there's a lot of funny pics to laugh at!

Oh.

:ohno:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sometimes I like the idea of prog rock, but then I actually try listening to it and can't get through the 17 minutes of aimless noodling

I like some of Rush's early work but it probably doesn't count since it's the songs where they get on with it and there's a semblance of structure

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
You should check out Budgie then, they're like Rush from the timeline where they went in the opposite direction and doubled down on the Working Man thing instead of getting really into D&D and Ayn Rand.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If they sound like Anthem, Bastille Day, and Best I Can I definitely will, those are probably my favorite Rush songs.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

FreudianSlippers posted:

Syd came back to the studio once to hear what they were working on, but he just stayed long enough to tell them the new song sucked

And that song was Shine on You Crazy Diamond

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

I feel people who like prog rock probably have a big overlap with people who assign deep meanings to obscure Eastern European movies that are 60% close-ups of people looking at things, while both are generally just overwrought, unenjoyable, exhausting and not that deep at all.

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

Pope Hilarius II posted:

I feel people who like prog rock probably have a big overlap with people who assign deep meanings to obscure Eastern European movies that are 60% close-ups of people looking at things, while both are generally just overwrought, unenjoyable, exhausting and not that deep at all.

you could probably drop the 'both' from your sentence.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Phlegmish posted:

If they sound like Anthem, Bastille Day, and Best I Can I definitely will, those are probably my favorite Rush songs.

Ah, Brian Pern

Did you know he invented world music?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The music started playing in my head. I think the game has only like one song.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

I seriously want to get this shirt but I have a feeling it won't start good conversations

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pope Hilarius II posted:

i dont think those things have much if any overlap actually, other than being two things you dont like

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pope Hilarius II posted:

:goonsay:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I dont get the feminist rat pic

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Nickelback are my favourite prog rock

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I wish superhero movies still had ill-fitting power ballads on their soundtrack, I will never forgive that Nickleback guy for killing the trend with his Spider-Man song (which I thought was OK)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
This dude did a prog rock concept album of Ocarina of Time and it fuckin slaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDH3g6rRjM8

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

I wish superhero movies still had ill-fitting power ballads on their soundtrack, I will never forgive that Nickleback guy for killing the trend with his Spider-Man song (which I thought was OK)

LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH OF SPIDER-MAN

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bike tory posted:

Nickelback are my favourite prog rock

Chuds loved them back in the day, every sensible person hated them. Along with Creed they coined the term, "Butt-Rock."

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

LifeSunDeath posted:

Chuds loved them back in the day, every sensible person hated them. Along with Creed they coined the term, "Butt-Rock."

Doubling down on beta I see

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU9CLiWL_ig

lmao this video is almost as old now as it was from Puddle of Mudd when it was made

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Mr. Crow posted:

Doubling down on beta I see

While you were figuring out how to bully me, I've been scratching your CD's on the pavement and now the ONLY one left is Nickelback, and you're about to leave for college, so have fun on that drive rear end in a top hat.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what about incubus aka butt rock for girls

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Pope Hilarius II posted:

This is a terrible analogy.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

what about incubus aka butt rock for girls

that's called boob rock.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I only listen to post-late 90s Yes

Did you know they released an album back in October?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

LifeSunDeath posted:

While you were figuring out how to bully me, I've been scratching your CD's on the pavement and now the ONLY one left is Nickelback, and you're about to leave for college, so have fun on that drive rear end in a top hat.

:lol: you think I went to college I can't afford that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Reiche posted:

I only listen to post-late 90s Yes

Did you know they released an album back in October?

Apparently they were fronted by the guy from The Buggles at one point

I don't actually know anything about Yes, I just like to regurgitate factoids I heard on Todd In The Shadows