Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

hatty posted:

I’ll give $5 if you can guarantee they joycons haven’t been in anyones mouth or butt

P sure that's part of the QA process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Google Butt posted:

can I get some chill game suggestions that aren't Stardew, Portia or animals crossing thanks

A Short Hike.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
a short hike is fantastic but its name is accurate, if you were looking for something to sink lots of hours into

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Google Butt posted:

can I get some chill game suggestions that aren't Stardew, Portia or animals crossing thanks

A Short Hike. It's short but chill.

Aside from that if you're ok with Time Trial Racing Lonely Mountain: Downhill is pretty great. Trying to make the times can be a bit stressful I guess? but generally is just you zooming poorly around a really pretty landscape. Accept crashing and either find a shortcut or follow the path. It's really pretty great.

In that vein, I'm looking forward to finally getting the GTA collection because just driving in those, in particular San Andreas is just pleasant.

BotW has its own chill way of playing if you don't give a gently caress and just wander.

Some of the older FF games can be like that too especially with the cheat modes.

Yoku's Island Express is genuinely very chill and good. And there's something about Pikuniku.

And how could I forget Tetris Effect, the best tetris game. Check the SNES and NES apps too. With rewind they can be very nice and enjoyable experiences without the pressure of death, in particular the platformers. Kirby's Dreamland 3 is also just cute as all get out.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 12, 2021

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Breath of the wild is super chill and you can just do whatever and it won’t mess up the story progression

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Google Butt posted:

Picross

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Google Butt posted:

Yoshi's Crafted World is very chill. Just go 'round collecting things.

Untitled Goose Game is also super chill. I spent a day playing that when I was feeling like poo poo after getting my COVID vaccine. Really great chill and be a horrible goose game.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Google Butt posted:

Unholy Heights. You manage an apartment building full of demons and do occasional tower defense.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Google Butt posted:

Spiritfarer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pKJ-NuSjNE

It can get a little sad sometimes though.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Seconding a short walk, it starts off a little "what if phones but too much?" but the ending resolves that a lot better than you initially suspect

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

chaleski posted:

How the hell did Nintendo mess up N64 ROMs, didn't they work perfectly fine on the loving Wii and WiiU

Sound lag is pretty common across emulators, espedually n64

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

chaleski posted:

How the hell did Nintendo mess up N64 ROMs, didn't they work perfectly fine on the loving Wii and WiiU

Short answer is the folks that made them run well on the Wii don't work there anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ounQZv1MFNA

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
N64 games have never run "perfectly fine" on any piece of hardware ever in the history of the world, including on an N64.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

American McGay posted:

N64 games have never run "perfectly fine" on any piece of hardware ever in the history of the world, including on an N64.

The GameCube ran them just fine.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
GameCube definitely didn’t run Majoras Mask just fine

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
how's everyone liking paper mario?

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

American McGay posted:

Doom 64.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Google Butt posted:

Carto is pretty chill and fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR8CjIYwmxM

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Looper posted:

how's everyone liking paper mario?

I'm fighting the urge to drop $50 on the expansion pack just to play it again (even with emulation issues) but it's one of of my favorite games ever. It's a perfect example of a chill game Google Butt asked about

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

Rune Factory 4 :twisted:

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I just finished Paper Mario a few weeks ago on N64 and it holds up really well. It’s surprisingly fun and engaging for such an easy RPG, definitely worth playing

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
paper mario on n64 is better than thousand year door

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Willo567 posted:

:yeah:

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
the horny computer was really bad in ttyd

e: and bowser was really good in pm which made the contrast worse

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Willo567 posted:

:hai:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I like how Mario is a mute moron child in PM.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
He doesn't even know how to read. Luigi has to read him his mail.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

So Mario in those games is a dimwitted murder machine hired by the princess, where compensation are kisses on cheeks?

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Honestly I’m having a great time with Paper Mario, I’ve played the opening once or twice and I hope this time I stick to it.

Normally I find it a major chore going back and forth. But it’s perfect for handheld play, I do the optional grindy bits when I’m watching TV and then give the game full attention when I’m in a new region or in a particularly difficult fight.

Im unsure if it can be beaten with 10hp only but hey I’m trying it out.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Fine Nintendo,
Fine.
Paper Mario is wonderful still

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ive never played paper mario

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I folded and got the expansion pack, I blame you guys :negative:

Google Butt posted:

ive never played paper mario

You should, all the Mario RPGs are really good up until Sticker Star

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

McCracAttack posted:

Spiritfarer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pKJ-NuSjNE

It can get a little sad sometimes though.

Seconding this suggestion. Whole game has a relaxed pace that makes total sense in the setting. And the melancholy is through the roof, which is nice if you're in the mood for it.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

First off, got the Split Pad Pro just because of this thread.

It's a game changer, I no longer lose the feeling in my hand after an hour. Get it!

Also Danganronpa Collector's Edition finally came and it's great to play them in bed, but drat the Switch can't even handle Danganronpa 1. Loads of sluggish animations, especially when going into the menu. Bit pathetic really! Was it like this on the Vita? Thought for sure Switch could play this 10 year old game at 60fps. That's a lol

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
To anyone that doesn't want to pay 50 bucks for the expansion pack, you should be banding together with seven other people to pay ten bucks each a year for the exact same benefits. The issues with Nintendo Online are a lot easier to swallow when it's less than a dollar a month.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Momomo posted:

To anyone that doesn't want to pay 50 bucks for the expansion pack, you should be banding together with seven other people to pay ten bucks each a year for the exact same benefits. The issues with Nintendo Online are a lot easier to swallow when it's less than a dollar a month.

We have a thread up in the Mart for exactly this purpose. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3983185&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=3

As far as I can read, there’s currently a group looking for 2 more members.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

StrixNebulosa posted:

Has anyone in here played the Invisible Inc port? How is it?

I love Invisible Inc, and the port is great. No issues.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I love Invisible Inc, and the port is great. No issues.

Yay, thank you! Good to hear, having it on the go will be a lifesaver.

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

Google Butt posted:

I thought this was a very sweet, mellow game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbdM7MC91yA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

woofbro posted:

Im unsure if it can be beaten with 10hp only but hey I’m trying it out.

Respec down to 5 HP. :sickos: