Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dewgy posted:

What does Irn Bru taste like anyway? I saw some not too long ago at the import section of the fancy supermarket and I was kinda tempted.

Just try it imo. It’s like bizarro fizzy bubblegum soda. Blackcurrant and orange? It’s hard to explain but extremely good. I haven’t had anything like it. I just wish I could get the diet kind in the us for a reasonable price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Just try it imo. It’s like bizarro fizzy bubblegum soda. Blackcurrant and orange? It’s hard to explain but extremely good. I haven’t had anything like it. I just wish I could get the diet kind in the us for a reasonable price.

Diet irn bru.....

:blastu::scotland:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Can you still get the original recipe with bucketloads of sugar in it? Because that's defo the best one.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Diet irn bru.....

For real.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
My Scottish mate was very adamant that it tastes best from a glass bottle and not a can or PET bottle. He was right.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

kirbysuperstar posted:

My Scottish mate was very adamant that it tastes best from a glass bottle and not a can or PET bottle. He was right.

Your mate is spot on

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I wonder what would happen if you mixed Irn Bru and Mezzo Mix.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Read After Burning posted:

Right? I just wanna time-loop and be babbled at by a strange scarecrow dude! (Wait...there was a scarecrow in Majora's Mask... :tinfoil:)

Whatcha playing instead? This weekend I'll be playing more Darkside Detective, Psychonauts 2, and either Soul Calibur or Mortal Kombat (I've been letting my fighting game "muscles" slack and I feel like picking one of these back up).

Gonna be playing Guardians of the Galaxy mostly with some bayonetta (this is me trying to finish some unfinished ps3 games)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Irn-Bru is so good

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Diet irn bru.....

:hmmyes:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Looks like that Guardians of the Galaxy game is actually a good one from user reviews. Might be a good Christmas present...

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Fireman Sam is a dentist

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN_Aojo24tY

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Diet irn bru.....

This

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Drinking calories outside of a tasty special coffee sucks

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
uhhh, beer? slushies? milkshakes? wtf

edit: a delicious peach mango smoothie???

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

:dafuq:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Kilometers Davis posted:

An ice cold black tea with a lemon wedge, or perhaps a nice fizzy mineral water to really help set off my savory entree! Hell yeah!!!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Okay yeah beer milkshakes slushies are good too relax ya drat animals

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’ll gently caress with some good orange juice too even though it’s basically soda too

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Milkshakes are wonderful

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They really are, let me find this great video I saw of a duck drinking one *opens google*

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Escobarbarian posted:

Milkshakes are wonderful

Conversly a disappointing milkshake is a day ruiner

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

If you drink a protein shake fast enough you can convince yourself you drank an actual milk shake a couple hours before

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’ll gently caress with some good orange juice too even though it’s basically soda too

It took me way too long as an adult to realize that juice is just sugar water. drat good sugar water tho

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Inspector Hound posted:

If you drink a protein shake fast enough you can convince yourself you drank an actual milk shake a couple hours before

Protein, Tbp of unsweetened peanut butter, 2 raw eggs and some water. Delicious

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Brother Tadger posted:

It took me way too long as an adult to realize that juice is just sugar water. drat good sugar water tho

Some pulpy orange juice makes me a happy boy. It’s drat fine stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Juice still has whatever vitamins you'd get from the fruit, so even though it's basically sugar water i don't know if I believe it's just as bad as Mountain Dew or whatever. Although all of the fiber is ripped out so afaik it all just turns to piss. If you drank it with a fibrous meal though..? I dunno I'm not a nutritionist I'm just some slob. Still seems better than code red

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/Tortilla_Senpai/status/1469791592550580227?t=vvIVyuDg0r215dHZNxrfpA&s=19

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:stwoon:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Greatest thing I've seen in a while.

Also pretty awesome to see they've moved away from DDR style dance games that aren't really dancing. Whatever that game is, it looks fun.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The fructose present in fruit juice is a much easier for your body to process than the sucrose and more complicated polysaccharides present in soda, but it’s still basically just big glass of liquid candy if you’re on any kind of a diet.

For example, a glass of real Tropicana might have a lot of vitamins and fiber, but proportionally less than if you just ate an orange, while containing the sugar content of 2-3 oranges.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Beer on the other hand is essentially just liquid bread, a little bit of carbs and water. Sports drink.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

:thatsrad:

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

So it looks like my PS4 Pro's disc drive might have spontaneously died. Every disc I put it in now just makes weird clicking noises and doesn't read.

Tried a number of tricks I saw online for disc read issues. None of the discs are scratched so it isn't that. Tried booting into safe mode ans rebuilding the database, didn't work. Saw someone mentioned putting the PS4 on its side sometimes helps. That worked exactly once but as of today, nope. Back to clicking and not reading discs.

Anything else I can try or am I stuck with a digital only PS4 now?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Buy a new cd drive and replace it? Yours might just need cleaning. Why not youtube some repair videos and see what you can do.

A cd drive rarely needs soldering or anything like that as it is mainly moving parts that cause issues. Unless it is the laser, but clicking usually is the moving parts.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

veni veni veni posted:

Juice still has whatever vitamins you'd get from the fruit, so even though it's basically sugar water i don't know if I believe it's just as bad as Mountain Dew or whatever. Although all of the fiber is ripped out so afaik it all just turns to piss. If you drank it with a fibrous meal though..? I dunno I'm not a nutritionist I'm just some slob. Still seems better than code red

Eat an orange and you're also getting fiber and other stuff. You'd probably not be able to sit down and eat eight oranges. You can happily drink the liquid sugar from eight oranges, though. And nobody can hear your pancreas scream....

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Today I got to leave work early at 1:30 PM due to all the rain causing our office's power to flicker (it's an old building), and I have the next 4+ hours to cuddle up in bed and play PS4. :kiddo: I needed this.

In addition to Darkside Detective (adventure game/visual novel), I'm playing Psychonauts 2, but am also tempted to both start The Good Life AND continue past the beginning of Disco Elysium. I'm really starting to see why people need that backlog website...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Lol i havent updated that account on the backlog website in so long that its now part of the backlog

Useful tho for the randomizer when you are crippled with choice

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I know the formula is half your age plus 7 for one thing. But what about the backlog?

howlongtobeat.com needs an age/backlog function to let you know you should stop buying games because you will die first.

Say 1000 hours a year. Average age of 80. So let's see.

80 - age = X.

If you are 40 then 40,000 hours of games. That seems like a lot.

I think my idea needs some work. I'll put it on the backlog and work on it later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What is up with the Nier games? Apparently one of them is sort of like a hybrid re-make prequel? The other is just the second game?