Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I once owned a house in the city that still had the tram call sitting there in front of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
In my city they turned them into medians OR the street is now double wide.

The irony is, they then recently decided to rebuild the trams and have to basically tear up the roads and medians that were created.

They want to take it to another town that is a bit more suburban but that city voted no because they don’t want “those people from that city” causing “issues”.

We need a dog whistle emote.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

dialhforhero posted:

In my city they turned them into medians OR the street is now double wide.

The irony is, they then recently decided to rebuild the trams and have to basically tear up the roads and medians that were created.

They want to take it to another town that is a bit more suburban but that city voted no because they don’t want “those people from that city” causing “issues”.

We need a dog whistle emote.

There is one: :dogwhistle:

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Sagebrush posted:

who names a chicken bessie? bessie is a cow's name. chickens are named things like noodle or pot pie.
Ahem. Henrietta.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

My town ripped up all the tram lines thirty years ago, then five years ago they realized that trams are good actually, so they spent the last five years and a billion dollars buying apartment buildings to tear down to put new tram lines in, leaving hundreds of people homeless and living in tents. Then they cancelled the tram project.

All the buildings will still be torn down though, because now they've been empty for too long and have to be condemned. Police have started burning the tents

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdj5SvPa/

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

flavor.flv posted:

My town ripped up all the tram lines thirty years ago, then five years ago they realized that trams are good actually, so they spent the last five years and a billion dollars buying apartment buildings to tear down to put new tram lines in, leaving hundreds of people homeless and living in tents. Then they cancelled the tram project.

All the buildings will still be torn down though, because now they've been empty for too long and have to be condemned. Police have started burning the tents

And that, my friends, is capitalism.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

flavor.flv posted:

Why didn’t those people just find apartments elsewhere?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Anne Rice

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Incredible

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

who names a chicken bessie? bessie is a cow's name. chickens are named things like noodle or pot pie.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
most US cities that got rid of public transit did so because the silent generation / baby boomers wanted it. They grew up with the idea that owning your own car and driving yourself around was american as gently caress. Everything was less crowded and nobody gave a gently caress about pollution yet, so why not. The cities that actually were very densely populated back then never got rid of their systems, as far as I know.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Rancid chicken memes are my new favourite

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

:golfclap:

Very nice

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

it's me, I'm weed and memes

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

bike tory posted:

I also mix in some mental illness there, just for some extra spice

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

bike tory posted:

add star wars and marvel onto that list

e: oh yeah that can fall under banner of 'mouse' now lmao

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

bike tory posted:

homeostasis is my entire personality, which makes me a loving loser.

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Dec 12, 2021

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

bike tory posted:

Radio Free Asia is owned by the US government and used to publish straight up propaganda. their poo poo often gets picked up by the likes of the NYT and by the time it's debunked everyone's forgotten it was published in reputable media

this one always makes me lol because its like RFA completely missed the point of it being a harsh criticism of capitalism in south korea

the idea that it would be viewed as anything but :hmmyes: in the DPRK apparently doesn't register

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/YilZBKV.gifv

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

fartknocker posted:

There is one: :dogwhistle:

Oh, I thought that came from the deviantart/furry threads

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

HiroProtagonist posted:

this one always makes me lol because its like RFA completely missed the point of it being a harsh criticism of capitalism in south korea

the idea that it would be viewed as anything but :hmmyes: in the DPRK apparently doesn't register

Is Tim Pool in charge of it?

(He’s the one who watched Squid Game and was Iike “my takeaway is communism bad”, right?)

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

bike tory posted:

online_dating.jpeg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"the one" is doing so much heavy lifting in that sentence that it is forklift certified.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bike tory posted:

it's missing "beard"

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Is Tim Pool in charge of it?

(He’s the one who watched Squid Game and was Iike “my takeaway is communism bad”, right?)

Tim Pool is consistently a terrible person with abjectly dumb ideas, but there were multiple articles I remember written in US press saying the exact same thing so it is probably more like an ouroboros

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Would...woudl this work??

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It would work as a splendid demonstration of Newton's third law. Among other things.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if the striker/hammer is aligned with the primer and hits it with enough force, sure, you could set off the bullet that way.

the brass casing is nowhere near strong enough to contain the explosion without the gun's chamber around it, though, and with no barrel the gas won't be effective at pushing the bullet forwards. so it will just blow up in your hand like a grenade

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The important question is will it be fun

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Heath posted:

The important question is will it be fun

how much do you hate your hands? it's fun in direct proportion to that

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

hawowanlawow posted:

it's missing "beard"

how would i make my wife my entire personality. oh right pence

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

yes, technically. assuming the hammer hit the firing pin correctly.

what would happen afterwards is a .50 BMG round going anywhere within a 100 yd, 30^ area cone (or worse) of where it was pointed

eta: direct primer striking a loose round is probably just going to make it tumble (bc there's no rifling to add spin) but you will absolutely set it off to go where god takes it if you follow through with it

HiroProtagonist has a new favorite as of 23:53 on Dec 12, 2021

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
My brain asks me if Miette / Rita Repulsa memes were ever a thing. Because my brain wants me to die in a pondering-related accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Here's a video of exactly what a .50 BMG does when you strike a primer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ9jOGde4ws