Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Those are similar concerns you could have had for Tomlin. He spent most of his nfl career working for a defense loaded with HoF talent that dragged Brad Johnson to a Super Bowl win. Then his one year on his own he oversaw a defense that was first against the run and last against the pass.

There’s no good indicator of who will be a good HC when they get promoted. Working for a great coach on a great team used to be considered a good indicator. I mean that’s where most of the Super Bowl coaches in tbe 90s/00s came from. Y’all are just sour on it bc that has not been the case for anyone under belicheck bc he’s a terrible role model but that’s a single case. It’s still as good an indicator as anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

By keeping them off the field and not throwing 30 INTs per season?

Yes.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1470079038127550471

gently caress my life man

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
How didn't someone just punch him? Like just Geno Smith that bitch so he cant talk

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

he absolutely thinks admitting it it a power move.

"Yeah I called those people I hired losers."

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Deleted

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

It was Dov saying Urban confirmed he called his coaches losers, but it was deleted because Dov, being Dov, didn't check his sources before tweeting and Jay Glazer said otherwise

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Y’all are just sour on it bc that has not been the case for anyone under belicheck bc he’s a terrible role model but that’s a single case.

My fun pet theory is that Belichick, having realized his underlings are being hired to coach his future opponents, mentors them wrong on purpose and just overrides their bad decisions. We'll have an entire generation of poo poo-brained coaches and coordinators that he's carefully seeded throughout the league.

PsychoInternetHawk fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 12, 2021

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

My fun pet theory is that Belichick, having realized his underlings are being hired to coach his future opponents, mentors them wrong on purpose and just overrides their bad decisions. We'll have an entire generation of poo poo-brained coaches and coordinators that he's carefully seeded throughout the league.
Ah, the Nick Saban approach

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
“Brady runs that whole offense anyways” is something delusion ex-Patriots turned Bucs fans tell themselves because they truly believe Tom Brady is some sort of deity incapable of following mortal instructions.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

DariusLikewise posted:

“Brady runs that whole offense anyways” is something delusion ex-Patriots turned Bucs fans tell themselves because they truly believe Tom Brady is some sort of deity incapable of following mortal instructions.

The Bucs started running what Brady wanted last year coming out of the bye. This isn't some fantasy. It was widely reported.

Leftwich could turn out to be a good coach and probably deserves to get a shot. But the list of coordinators who failed after leaving uber talented units behind is long and ever growing.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 12, 2021

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/HashTaguars/status/1470082338629505031

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

“The Bucs added some concepts that Brady is familiar with” to “Tom Brady is the actual mastermind of the Bucs” is a major logic leap

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
So I guess you think Adam Gase was the genius behind Peyton Manning cause he "used concepts Manning was familiar with" (ie ran the offense Manning had been using for years)?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not sure you can really compare Brady and Manning on that front at least

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

So I guess you think Adam Gase was the genius behind Peyton Manning cause he "used concepts Manning was familiar with" (ie ran the offense Manning had been using for years)?

What does Adam Gase and Peyton Manning even have to do with this?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Describe the “New England offense” and how it’s what the Bucs are doing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Do we have a list of predicted head coaching candidates in general?

I ponder for no particular reason watching the Raiders right now, I mean bless Rich Bisaccia and he seems to be a solid guy/working coach and all but he's not getting that job.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Interesting but how does it explain Josh McDaniels? For all his personal faults as a coach he won a playoff game with Tim Tebow. Maybe he's the only person who actually learned Belichicks secret (watch film all the time and learn and learn more).

Although it doesn't disprove your theory. Billy paid him more to get back with the Patriots cause they figured out he would probably be a good coach

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

Do we have a list of predicted head coaching candidates in general?

I ponder for no particular reason watching the Raiders right now, I mean bless Rich Bisaccia and he seems to be a solid guy/working coach and all but he's not getting that job.

From a few months ago: https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/09/17/future-nfl-head-coaches-hackett-brady-daboll-leftwich

I fully expect either Hackett or Stenavich to get poached from the Packers. Especially Stenavich, he's done an absolutely amazing job with the line despite losing four high-tier starters.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Refs don’t call holding on the offensive line?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Isentropy posted:

Belichicks secret (watch film all the time and cheat and cheat more).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RJ_Writes/status/1470083496953757706/photo/1

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

yup, i see it now, the jags are definitely struggling

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

get rid of the ball extremely quickly

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/12/17/nflpa-players-be-wary-signing-with-jaguars/ Two years ago to the week

Sinbad's Sex Tape
Mar 21, 2004
Stuck in a giant clam

Isentropy posted:

Interesting but how does it explain Josh McDaniels? For all his personal faults as a coach he won a playoff game with Tim Tebow. Maybe he's the only person who actually learned Belichicks secret (watch film all the time and learn and learn more).
That was John Fox with Mike McCoy and Adam Gase

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Sinbad's Sex Tape posted:

That was John Fox with Mike McCoy and Adam Gase

Alright now I'm confused, how the hell did that happen?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Tim Tebow is God's favourite son is how it happened.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Isentropy posted:

No one knows to this day.

Record: 8-8-0, 1st in AFC West Division (Schedule and Results)

Coach: John Fox (8-8-0)

Points For: 309 (19.3/g) 25th of 32

Points Against: 390 (24.4/g) 24th of 32

Expected W-L: 5.8-10.2

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Patrick Spens posted:

Tim Tebow is God's favourite son is how it happened.

All He Did Was Win

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Isentropy posted:

All the raiders had to do was win week 17. that's all.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Tim Tebow came back from a 1% win probability three times that year, it was LITERALLY one in a million

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1470136394286870530

Urb can't possibly last another week. They gotta rip off the Band-Aid to save Trevor.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What is the thought process behind benching Robinson again?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

FizFashizzle posted:

Quicker to get fired.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Urban didn't recruit him at Ohio State so he must be bad

This isn't a joke

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Urban didn't recruit him at Ohio State so he must be bad

This isn't a joke

This is 100% Urbans mindset

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

FizFashizzle posted:

James RB1son's backup Carlos Hyde played for Urban at Ohio State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1470146173969305607

OK I think we're done here