Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

cruft posted:

I mispronounced this one during a big talk once. Oops.

That company has to know people do that. My brain always translates it to keep rear end first before key pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go
Clock watching is cool and good, actually

idiotsavant
I’m watching the fully sick ASL season instead of the clock tyvm

Also work is observing christmas on the 27th??? And NYD on ???? this is some back assward poo poo going on rn

Escape From Noise

My liquid measurements on hot side were way off. No wonder I haven't been hitting target gravity!

The boss started measuring with the flow meter from zero on the sight glass, the problem is that there's probably 100-200 liters between the bottom of each tank and the zero mark on the sight glass.

Spent a few hours dumping in 10 liters at a time and measuring as soon as I could at 50 or 100 liters. Should work better now.

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

idiotsavant posted:

I’m watching the fully sick ASL season instead of the clock tyvm

Also work is observing christmas on the 27th??? And NYD on ???? this is some back assward poo poo going on rn

We get statutory holiday on the 25th, 26th, and the 1st here, and if any fall on a weekend it becomes the next Monday, and Tuesday if relevant. I'll be getting the 27th and 28th off because of this, sounds like your work is doing similar and giving the 27th in lieu. You'll probably get the 3rd off as well for NYD

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Coffees consumed: 3
Time spent at work: 2 hours
Bored?: Hella

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Just spray and prayed a bunch of job applications!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
You guys know of or need any remote computer touchers, drop me a line. Especially if it can get me some data analyst type work. (SQL, R, Tableau, etc.)

NumptyScrub

Zurtilik posted:

You guys know of or need any remote computer touchers, drop me a line. Especially if it can get me some data analyst type work. (SQL, R, Tableau, etc.)

Sent you a PM, in case my place has anything open you like the sound of

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm done with work for the year. finst punmp

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Escape From Noise

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm done with work for the year. finst punmp

That is awesome

Escape From Noise

Lol. I was freaking out. I just took the measurements for my pre-boiled gravity and they were 1.023, which is actually lower than the other beer I brewed with less malt and more water a few weeks ago. I was wondering what the hell just happened, then I realized that I probably just grabbed my sample from the tail end of the pipe so I just got the gravity of the second running.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I have a job and I have to touch computers so I'm going to post ITT at long last starting 2morrow :tfrxmas:

FAIR WARNING WORK CREW

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

NumptyScrub

Areola Grande posted:

I have a job and I have to touch computers so I'm going to post ITT at long last starting 2morrow :tfrxmas:

FAIR WARNING WORK CREW

computer touching is a skill that we will all help you to obtain :coal:

Areola Grande

NumptyScrub posted:

computer touching is a skill that we will all help you to obtain :coal:

why does this keyboard have 2 windows keys let alone one :confused:

NumptyScrub

Areola Grande posted:

wait wth this is not right :psyduck:

Keyboards with more than one windows key are haram what kind of operation are you working for :thunk:

Areola Grande

NumptyScrub posted:

wait wth this is not right :psyduck:

Keyboards with more than one windows key are haram what kind of operation are you working for :thunk:

State Building where some keyboards have extra keys and some are missing keys and some ladders lead to the roof :stare:

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

the one on the left is to pry off and drop on the curb for the homies that aren't with us anymore

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

the one on the left is to pry off and drop on the curb for the homies that aren't with us anymore

will do :auspol:

Escape From Noise

Areola Grande posted:

FAIR WARNING WORK CREW

Welcome to work crew! Mondays, am I right?

Escape From Noise

Today went... very smoothly somehow. Got in at 8 and started setting up, mashed in at like 8:30, and after a little adjustment, I was off to the races! I freaked out that I wasn't going to hit target gravity, but then I realized that I'd only collected the sparge. Wort in tank was like 6 points above target gravity, and I had plenty of space left in the tank! I think I probably got less in the tank than I'd like, but only just. Far better than my first three beers. Looks like my adjustments on the measurements helped a lot. I got everything in the tank by 2. I keep thinking I must have skipped something to be done so early, but all looks well! Now I have a couple hours to clean.

Escape From Noise

I'm actually really happy with how today went, overall. I'm still a little frustrated about those first three beers, but I was able to at least access the problem and fix it. Still needs some fine-tuning but overall, huge step in the right direction. I need to start realizing that my bosses here are willing to listen to me, so I'm going to need to chat with them about this beer in the tank now. It's really too thin. They wanted low alcohol and sweet which isn't very possible. You need that backbone. I should have brought that up, but I also used way too much water and was way off target gravity. But it's fixable!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Finger Prince

Probably not what your bosses were thinking of, but wouldn't a British mild be low alcohol and sort of sweet? Just really really dark.
I'm glad things are coming together for you though. I knew you'd be able to get things working.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 21, 2021

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

Probably not what your bosses were thinking of, but wouldn't a British mild be low alcohol and sort of sweet? Just really really dark.
I'm glad things are coming together for you though. I knew you'd be able to get things working.

Oh yeah, I'd do that for sure. The style I was making was a fruited kettle sour with a pilner/wheat base. I could probably use other malts, maybe crystal but then I worry it'd taste weird and caramelly, whereas if I just up the ABV a bit it'd add more of a base while maintaining that crispness. We'll see!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Areola Grande

work is a fart

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

NumptyScrub

Areola Grande posted:

work is a fart

I enjoy farting more than work I think :thunk:

NumptyScrub

Work is a shart

Ass-penny

good luck with yer beer EFN, glad your new boss will actually listen to you when you have input.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

gently caress a job

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

gently caress:

-this job
-this boss
-this loving town
-this entire county
-this loving state
-every loving god damned thing I've ever touched here

gently caress
A drat
JOB

Areola Grande

Cardi BYOB posted:

gently caress:

-this job
-this boss
-this loving town
-this entire county
-this loving state
-every loving god damned thing I've ever touched here

gently caress
A drat
JOB

:tfrxmas: let's regulate

Escape From Noise

I overslept! Argggg!

Farecoal

There he go
One of my roommates has COVID but I tested negative so I have to go into work anyway :nsa:

Ass-penny

My coworker is sick again, but tested negative for covid so she's coming in anyway, which is like, maybe see if someone can call vet your shift instead? Willing to bet she asks me to close for her too, but I should offer to do that, because she told me she is sick. Bleh.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
Work is a butt

Not one of the good ones

A smelly butt

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
ugh, what a slow day.
they're testing positive left and right where my wife works and although nobody in the office here is sick, several grounds crew people have it. kinda feels like it's just a matter of time at this rate.

cruft

Sarah Cenia posted:

ugh, what a slow day.
they're testing positive left and right where my wife works and although nobody in the office here is sick, several grounds crew people have it. kinda feels like it's just a matter of time at this rate.

Yeah, Omicron is just tearing it up. My sister and 3/5 of my sisters-in-law have put their entire families through it. Seems like the symptoms are tolerable if you're vaccinated, but there's no telling whether they're going to have the long-term weirdness that seems to have come with all the prior variants.

I remain happily shut away from the rest of the world here in my basement with 3 years worth of pop tarts and my posting rig.

Escape From Noise

Maybe I'll get to see my family and friends back in the US again in my mid 40's...

cruft

Oh my god, I so don't want to be here right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

last time I was at work it was December 16, I don't wanna go back gently caress a job

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!