Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

also

Fandaniel: Okay I left my clone in Syrcus Tower.
Emet: Wh
Emet: Why did you make him giant

My friends and I were speculating on whether the Amon in the tower was a clone or the OG and he left after we fought him.

We decided that it was a clone, but he let Emet think it was him sealed so he could cloud- and skyfish for a few thousand years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i posted a couple of these before but i just can't get over how much i love my WoL

EW ending

god i love that smirk

wan paaaanch

not really the greatest angle but whateva

also got this today

help

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

At this point, can any amount of incompetence from the NW devs really surprise you any more?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

Makes me wonder if Fandaniel being Amon was them trying to intentionally subvert things.

I wondered that, but it makes sense as it is. We’ve all seen how Amon dressed and how Fandaniel acted, of course they turned out to be the same person.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

hopeandjoy posted:

My friends and I were speculating on whether the Amon in the tower was a clone or the OG and he left after we fought him.

We decided that it was a clone, but he let Emet think it was him sealed so he could cloud- and skyfish for a few thousand years.

It's like if you release a goldfish in a lake. The only reason it's small in your tank is because your tank is small, once it's in a larger area it just grows.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Regalingualius posted:

At this point, can any amount of incompetence from the NW devs really surprise you any more?

I really don't know much more than "economy lol"

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I have finished the expansion, time to pay the screenshot tax

also I'm glad Meteion was the last boss instead of another Amaurotine again, and I'm glad she's alive. Emet's great as the final antagonist Shadowbringers because it's their society's last hurrah. By Endwalker they effectively do not exist - there's one dude bleeding out in a tower and one lady who rejected their society. Another Ascian, or the final confrontation being either Hydaelyn or Zodiark, would have been boring. With so much of the story being about finding reasons to live without some grand purpose, trying to force another fight with an extremely dead society we've moved on from would have felt wrong.

Although it was painfully obvious the moment Y'shtola did her thing that none of them were gonna die. Doubly so when I noticed G'raha's crystal bridge wasn't on the map.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

vhweltall posted:

I dunno, I say things about my significant other that aren’t true when I’m pissed off. It’s still a valid exercise.

Maybe don’t do that?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

vhweltall posted:

I dunno, I say things about my significant other that aren’t true when I’m pissed off. It’s still a valid exercise.

You sound like you suck.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Nodosaur posted:

also

Fandaniel: Okay I left my clone in Syrcus Tower.
Emet: Wh
Emet: Why did you make him giant

We already know the answer to this: After the Allag unlocked the secret of growth magic from Sephirot, it became trendy to be huge. This is actually where Gigas come from, people who were stuck as gigantic after the empire fell and the tech to reverse it collapsed. Subsequent generations mutated.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

55 MSQ minor spoilers, I've been enjoying Zucchini Loaf's Endwalker adventures, lots of fun sketches, but I was hoping he'd take a screenshot of this bit:

Strong lad :allears:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Gearhead posted:

We already know the answer to this: After the Allag unlocked the secret of growth magic from Sephirot, it became trendy to be huge. This is actually where Gigas come from, people who were stuck as gigantic after the empire fell and the tech to reverse it collapsed. Subsequent generations mutated.

Huh. Come to think of it, the Echo flashback had the POV of someone looking down from above when they were talking to Emet.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Gearhead posted:

This is seriously the funniest thing. No, it’s not that they were genetically engineered to be used as slave labor or some other awful experiment, it was just loving cool to be huge. If anything tells you the Allagans were hosed up, it’s this.

vhweltall
Jun 14, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Maybe don’t do that?

I’ll stop being emotional when internet people stop being strident and self-righteous. Deal?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Zone 4, post 83 trial I love the Lopporits and all of the FFIV fanservice in Bestway Burrows, including the 16-bit humming and I think a straight rip of the SNES battle theme in the Carrotorium.

I was a bit let down that the music in boss fates (or at least the one I've done so far) wasn't the FFIV boss battle music, but maybe that'll come up later!

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

Whenever things seem dire in FFXIV remember: you could always be playing Wildstar instead.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I mean, technically, you actually can't be playing Wildstar instead. I suspect the same will be true of New World within the next six to nine months.

Anyway just finished the MSQ and it loving ruled

vhweltall
Jun 14, 2007

S.J. posted:

Honestly I think I've probably fought Amon at least every other week just from alliance roulettes for like... a long time now.

e: maybe not quite that often but still

ee:

Doubtful but also lol

Ahh yes, the rhetorical coup de grace, “lol.” Why can’t I understand what you’re saying in 3/4 of your posts?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

vhweltall posted:

I’ll stop being emotional when internet people stop being strident and self-righteous. Deal?

There is a difference between emotional and verbally abusive.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Even the poster who started this argument by calling the devs incompetent has already put their keyboard down and walked away from the argument.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Holy poo poo, the concept art for the final zone if you use that one plugin.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

wizardofloneliness posted:

This is seriously the funniest thing. No, it’s not that they were genetically engineered to be used as slave labor or some other awful experiment, it was just loving cool to be huge. If anything tells you the Allagans were hosed up, it’s this.

it's literally one of my favorite lore things. Such a great, dumb, thing.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

For those that have finished the MSQ I have a couple of questions I'd love to pose.

What is your favorite new dungeon?
What is your favorite new map?

For Myself (Various Large Spoilers All Across The Expansion, including towards the end)

Dungeon: Ktisis Hyperboreia is gorgeous and I'm still listening to the music from there on repeat. I think some other dungeons probably have more interesting fights & mechanics but this one felt special. Doing it with Trusts was an A+ experience.
Map: This one is harder. I love Thavnair & Radz-at-Han for being gorgeous and interesting and also just because I'm a Dancer main. But objectively I think either Elpis or Ultima Thule probably win. Both are extremely gorgeous with a lot of amazing plot beats and great music.

vhweltall
Jun 14, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

There is a difference between emotional and verbally abusive.

Trying to use an example involving something so personal and context-sensitive was probably a poor choice on my part. Verbal abuse is not cool.

vhweltall
Jun 14, 2007

Xarbala posted:

Even the poster who started this argument by calling the devs incompetent has already put their keyboard down and walked away from the argument.

If I could login, I could go back to being a lurker and sparing you all my horrible posting.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

S.J. posted:

when are we going to get an Endwalker queue gang tag

[red]<Queue Slayer>[/red]

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
The regular/mid boss dungeon music is so good. I especially love the guitar crunches synced with the drum beats at the start. Helps that they line up with the stomps/slight screen shakes of SAM's opening Ogi

isk fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 13, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vhweltall posted:

uhhhhhh

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

e: maybe he's a boomer or a techbro?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

wizardofloneliness posted:

theyre right

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i understand sometimes angers flare up so im not saying anyone who calls their boyfriend dumb once when theyre mad about forgetting important legal docs or whatever is an abuser, but i would not describe it as a valid exercise and if you do it anything resembling consistently its behavior you need to correct, like, immediately. like i dont care if you get mad at squeenix about endwalker queues and this isnt an internet thing this is entirely unrelated.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAkRRlouklE

:same:

(and then I queue up and I guess go watch netflix or something)

E: oh I guess this isn't the *wrong* thread per se I just meant to post this somewhere else

Runa fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 13, 2021

vhweltall
Jun 14, 2007

Barreft posted:

e: maybe he's a boomer or a techbro?

So no one ever goes into a room by themselves and mutters things at the wall? Then slowly collects themselves and reconciles? This is ultimately on me because it was a bad analogy, but I’ve never yelled this garbage directly at my SO.

e: I want to underscore that my comment was bad. I am a bad poster that should be playing EW instead of posting.

vhweltall fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 13, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

okay my initial assumption is you were saying it to your SO but also no i dont think muttering at a wall is healthy behavior

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so anyway

do they do anymore "choose your own adventure" stuff like with Team Krile and Team Thancred early on cuz I liked that?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

so anyway

do they do anymore "choose your own adventure" stuff like with Team Krile and Team Thancred early on cuz I liked that?

That's just to split the population at the start. They did the same thing in shadowbringers, you convene back no matter what.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

What’s something good to spend white crafters scrip on if you already have all of the level 3-8 master recipes and 500 gear from ShB?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I think it is a little incompotent if your queue system does not actually function as a queue because it randomly kicks people out and closes the client. I think this opinion will not harm anyone.

Regalingualius posted:

What’s something good to spend white crafters scrip on if you already have all of the level 3-8 master recipes and 500 gear from ShB?

Materia is probably a good bet.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Cicadalek posted:

I think it is a little incompotent if your queue system does not actually function as a queue because it randomly kicks people out and closes the client. I think this opinion will not harm anyone.

You'd be surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That's just to split the population at the start. They did the same thing in shadowbringers, you convene back no matter what.

aw. I'm disappointed