Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Why are you zapping shaggar?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
finished off the last of the Martha Coolidge/Michelle Meyrink trilogy with Valley Girl tonight. bitchin' soundtrack obvs.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Chris Knight posted:

finished off the last of the Martha Coolidge/Michelle Meyrink trilogy with Valley Girl tonight. bitchin' soundtrack obvs.
featuring an 18 year old nicolas cage!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
watched the irishman tonight. very good. im so tired

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

NoneMoreNegative posted:

PLEX Random Button: SONIC (2020) - welp, I remember there was a bunch of hoo-haa about the original design for Sonic having to go back and be re-tuned, and the results were... fine? Bit of an odd one, it felt like an actual kids film and not a 'pander to manchildren' film like WRECK-IT RALPH was, but what kids in 2020 give a poo poo about Sonic? Do they even make Sonic games anymore? Carey was obviously having fun with his Robotnik role, and out main lead man was fine if bland. Sonic himself, I only ever played Sonic 1 way back when so I'm sure I missed a bunch of easter eggs and nods, but the CG work was good and the character acting was charming enough. If you have kids this would be perfect afternoon watching, only the mildest of hedgehog peril and nothing frightening.

my 4 year old was terrified of sonic and my toddler was fascinated by jim carey

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

i liked it a lot but i also think the hoffa-era is fascinating but i understand most people wouldn't.

the worst part was the de niro de-aging still looked like poo poo and he looked like 70 years old even when he was supposed to be like 20. cant fix sagging old man shoulders.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it was so extremely long

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/chrisricewriter/status/1469920725771325444?s=21

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

so glad i had one fan in my chaturbate room

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

the worst part was the de niro de-aging still looked like poo poo and he looked like 70 years old even when he was supposed to be like 20. cant fix sagging old man shoulders.

Please, we solved this in the 80s.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i started watching honest thief (yet another liam neeson vehicle) and just closed the tab about fifteen minutes in (when the fbi agents went to the storage unit). friends, it was so bad. weak concept, lots of bad acting (except liam and his lady friend), and one of the worst scripts i’ve ever suffered through

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Xaris posted:

i liked it a lot but i also think the hoffa-era is fascinating but i understand most people wouldn't.

the best scene in the movie is where he beats up the shopkeeper. he's supposed to be in his 20s, and with the camera pulled far enough back you could maybe believe it, but nobody has ever moved in a more distinctly 80-year-old way.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

p sure she had that stroke awhile ago too

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

finished the last expanse book i enjoyed it a lot

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Oh yeah for Expanse-likers, Telltale Games (that do the decent 'Choose Your Adventure' games) announced an Expanse game for 2022 in the recent Game Awards 2021 livestream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZkR_O4QafI

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/TURBO_VIRGIN_01/status/1470078176755957762?s=20

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Oh yeah for Expanse-likers, Telltale Games (that do the decent 'Choose Your Adventure' games) announced an Expanse game for 2022 in the recent Game Awards 2021 livestream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZkR_O4QafI

it's funny having it adapted as an interactive adventure when it was originally designed as a rpg campaign

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
my ten year old is a audio book fiend and so far together we’ve plowed through the hobbit, the entire lord of the rings trilogy and however the gently caress many Harry Potter books there are.

i kind of want to introduce him to discworld, but I’m a bit worried it’ll go over his head. thinking about starting with guards, guards. should I just start with color of magic?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

start with the hogfather bbc movie and switch to the books if he likes that

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

infernal machines posted:

it's funny having it adapted as an interactive adventure when it was originally designed as a rpg campaign
the expanse as a disco elysium type isometric rpg is simply too beautiful for this world

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/headkittens/status/1469546356482084866

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Kenny Logins posted:

the expanse as a disco elysium type isometric rpg is simply too beautiful for this world

i would play the hell out of that

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Kernel Sanders posted:

my ten year old is a audio book fiend and so far together we’ve plowed through the hobbit, the entire lord of the rings trilogy and however the gently caress many Harry Potter books there are.

i kind of want to introduce him to discworld, but I’m a bit worried it’ll go over his head. thinking about starting with guards, guards. should I just start with color of magic?

colour of magic is kinda bad and iirc pratchett said not to start with it

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Kernel Sanders posted:

My 9yo and I started with Wee Free Men (Tiffany Aching 1) and he loved it.

CRIVENS

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah there’s a whole bunch of discworlds specifically written for younger audiences and they’re mostly pretty great. wasn’t a huge fan of maurice but the aching books are real good

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

MrQueasy posted:

My 9yo and I started with Wee Free Men (Tiffany Aching 1) and he loved it.

CRIVENS

that's a loving banger

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
king richard was a good movie. will smith is real good in this sort of role, it’s nice to see him get back to it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
WoT series is so far exactly like the book inasmuch as it spends forever doing nothing.

New expanse is fine.

Further updates as event warrant.

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020

rotor posted:

WoT series is so far exactly like the book inasmuch as it spends forever doing nothing.

at long last, jerry seinfelds dream of a show about nothing is coming to fruition

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Yeah I tried Wheel of Time and I just couldn't get into it. Granted I'm not really into fantasy but still.

And the trollops or whatever look kind of lovely 🤷🏻‍♀️

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i’ve liked wot so far. there’s definitely a lot of placeholder happenings, and yeah, the trollocs look silly, but it’s a neat universe that i happily know nothing about

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

time is a flat circle

mystes
May 31, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

time is a flat circle
CoT (Cube of Time)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I thought the trollocs looked awesome, one of the best things about the show tbh

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rjmccall posted:

i’ve liked wot so far. there’s definitely a lot of placeholder happenings, and yeah, the trollocs look silly, but it’s a neat universe that i happily know nothing about

i initially read this as 'meat universe' and now i'm a little worried about things. generally

mystes
May 31, 2006

dioxazine posted:

i initially read this as 'meat universe' and now i'm a little worried about things. generally
It's called a meatverse

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the meatrix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

haveblue posted:

the meatrix