Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

kecske posted:

isn't the DWP entire expenditure like ~£180m a year? they could just hand that money out no strings to UC claimants and have it be a better investment

£180 billion, not million

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

kecske posted:

isn't the DWP entire expenditure like ~£180m a year? they could just hand that money out no strings to UC claimants and have it be a better investment

It's ~180bn, not m

We have something like 14m people with disabilities using the long term/limiting definition, so if all of them claimed PiP then you'd lose half of this 500m to the Christmas bonus. It's a full quarter of the realistic/internal government benefit fraud estimate, though

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

:psyduck:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

We saw everyone criticising Biden’s press secretary for scoffing at the idea of free testing and decided hey, that could be us

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Lol I found one of those “I did that!” Biden stickers stuck next to the fuel price on the petrol pump last night.

In ASDA Greenhithe, Kent.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Noxville posted:

£180 billion, not million

I blame monday morning

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

kecske posted:

The Cruelty and pettiness is the point. When confronted with the fact that it's more expensive to police benefits than to just assume that everyone is telling the truth people still demand that you police benefits because Britain is a country that prides itself on just being the most petty cunts.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Lol I found one of those “I did that!” Biden stickers stuck next to the fuel price on the petrol pump last night.

Biden might not actually have the big GAS PRICES lever on his desk, but he certainly has a lot more responsibility for the price of crude oil than ASDA does

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Britain is a country that prides itself on just being cunts.

A few years ago I would have said PM Clarkson would be the perfect representation of this, but even he seems to have recognised the country's a bit hosed. Strange times

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1470329586944720896

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Convex posted:

A few years ago I would have said PM Clarkson would be the perfect representation of this, but even he seems to have recognised the country's a bit hosed. Strange times

Clarkson is performatively a dumb oval office. In reality he's merely a mediocre arsehole.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
CHEREMY CLOHKSHOHN :mcrappe:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

An authoritarian wedge that he is driving, in case he hadn't noticed.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

'everything I don't like is a nazi' - political discourse in 2021. I hate that all MP statements read like a search engine optimised set of buzzwords, like they're fishing by trial and error for the political konami code.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Joe flexing his soft power overseas.

Ah that Nazi Germany, famous for making sure that everyone had their vaccines up to date and nothing else. Anyway back to voting with the party line on banning all protest and stripping citizenship from anyone with a brown parent if they steal a pack of biscuits.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Everything is fascism except for actual fascism, which is fine actually

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I am staring at a "You are in a queue" screen. It isn't telling me where I am in the queue. I am itching to refresh the page in case it lagged out or something but then I will lose my place if hasn't. This doesn't seem like a good method.

I am in the queue for the queue? :crossarms:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Jippa posted:

I am staring at a "You are in a queue" screen. It isn't telling me where I am in the queue. I am itching to refresh the page in case it lagged out or something but then I will lose my place if hasn't. This doesn't seem like a good method.

Is this for the booster? It should give you a number. Took about 10 minutes to get 10k places. It'll also auto refresh every 15 seconds.

If it's not the booster page then who knows?

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Jippa posted:

I also had this where it didn't seem to load the queue properly and give me a position or anything.

I finally got through after being taken to the enter your NHS number multiple times only to be told they can't find a vaccination centre matching my details (I have the stringent criteria of "no access needs"). I tried last night but the nearest centre was 16 miles away in a completely different city. I live in a major city, not in the middle of nowhere, how am I meant to get a booster if there is nowhere to get one?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Red Oktober posted:

Is this for the booster? It should give you a number. Took about 10 minutes to get 10k places. It'll also auto refresh every 15 seconds.

If it's not the booster page then who knows?

Yeah cheers I see it refreshing now.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

But if you don't pay attention and realise you've got through it'll timeout and chuck you back into the queue. Not sure how long the timeout is though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ebola Dog posted:

I also had this where it didn't seem to load the queue properly and give me a position or anything.

I finally got through after being taken to the enter your NHS number multiple times only to be told they can't find a vaccination centre matching my details (I have the stringent criteria of "no access needs"). I tried last night but the nearest centre was 16 miles away in a completely different city. I live in a major city, not in the middle of nowhere, how am I meant to get a booster if there is nowhere to get one?

Try entering your postcode both with and without a space, last time that gave me entirely different results, including "anything in the actual town I live in"

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Clarence posted:

But if you don't pay attention and realise you've got through it'll timeout and chuck you back into the queue. Not sure how long the timeout is though.

It's under a minute, I was looking for my NHS number and it timed me out.

Then when I went to enter it I realised the autocomplete already knew it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Managed to order a pack of PCR tests at half past midnight last night. So it's me, I got the last pack. Fight for it, proles.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Noxville posted:

We saw everyone criticising Biden’s press secretary for scoffing at the idea of free testing and decided hey, that could be us

Going to be cool when we Americanize the education system to match.

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1470141286502080519

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
I'm also in a waiting area, apparently. I don't see any signs of auto refreshing either. Guess I'll continue to stare at it for a bit longer

Edit: Nevermind, in a queue of 3k now. Just had to grumble about it first

Deketh fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Dec 13, 2021

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/nex3/status/1469944681223966721

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
The NHS site is not doing well, this morning. I've been in the queue (with a number) a few times, made it to the end and got trapped in endless loops of "Do you know your NHS number?" Yes. "Do you know your NHS number?" Yes "Do you..." etc.

Then it errored and now I'm in a queue of unspecified length again.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm glad my mum bothered me to sign up yesterday I managed to get a Friday appointment. Typical of Johnson to try and clamour some good will and end up making GBS threads up the NHS site.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

OwlFancier posted:

Try entering your postcode both with and without a space, last time that gave me entirely different results, including "anything in the actual town I live in"

I tried this and got the option for one 20 miles away (in a straight line). This is a load of bollocks.

What's the point in telling everyone to get a booster if they can't even provide places to get one in major cities?

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
I had to book in at a centre 10 miles from me despite getting my first 2 in the town I live in. I guess they're booked up or something?

Also I got this "If you have booked a 3rd dose, you will not be able to get vaccinated without your referral letter." Bit confused, is this a booster or a 3rd dose? I don't have a letter, have I hosed up

Deketh fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Dec 13, 2021

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

A co-worker came into my office today without a mask on to tell me his boss has tested positive. Argghhhh c'mon dude ffs.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

Deketh posted:

I had to book in at a centre 10 miles from me despite getting my first 2 in the town I live in. I guess they're booked up or something?

Also I got this "If you have booked a 3rd dose, you will not be able to get vaccinated without your referral letter." Bit confused, is this a booster or a 3rd dose?

people with immunosuppressive conditions (leukaemia, lymphoma, taking immunosuppressive drugs etc) get a three-dose primary course of immunisation for covid (and then they will also get a booster dose later).The rest of us get a 2-dose primary course and a booster. Assuming you're in the latter category then you don't need to do anything.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

oxford_town posted:

people with immunosuppressive conditions (leukaemia, lymphoma, taking immunosuppressive drugs etc) get a three-dose primary course of immunisation for covid (and then they will also get a booster dose later).The rest of us get a 2-dose primary course and a booster. Assuming you're in the latter category then you don't need to do anything.

Phew. Thanks mate

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

day 1 of work from home and every single one of the office staff here have jumped on the train and come in to work instead lol. :crnasickos:

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

Deketh posted:

Just had to grumble about it first

That is the British way

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

My GP just phoned me up and said "do you want your COVID booster? Cool, we can do you a flu jag at the same time."

The only downer was I won't get it until the 22nd, which was 2 and a half weeks from when they called. If I was willing to go through to Nairn i could have gotten it that week but instead I'm getting it from about 90 seconds walk from home so worth the wait.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I get this message when I try and re book my booster jab.

"Our records show you have already been contacted by a local vaccination centre about having a covid-19 vaccine that is not currently available through this booking service."

Then..

"If you have had both doses of the vaccine, you do not need to book any appointments. If you think this is incorrect you can contact your GP surgery".

On my local surgeries website they have a pinned message in the covid section saying they are doing one final booster on a specific date for over 50's.

So I basically have to wait until Jan 4th for the booster I booked a while back now? Seems really silly. There are no all day walk in places any where near me. Only places doing one off clinics for a few hours which will be flooded with people.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Deketh posted:

Also I got this "If you have booked a 3rd dose, you will not be able to get vaccinated without your referral letter." Bit confused, is this a booster or a 3rd dose? I don't have a letter, have I hosed up

They want to give you a different booster than your main shot so that could be what’s filtering out your original vaccination centre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

Noxville posted:

They want to give you a different booster than your main shot so that could be what’s filtering out your original vaccination centre.

Perhaps, although my colleague managed to get booked in at that centre. He had the same vaccines as me. I've also got to wait til the 4th Jan which is a bummer

Andoman posted:

That is the British way

:britain: