Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

fuctifino posted:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/510-million-to-crackdown-on-benefits-fraudsters

You can be sure there will be no such checking of dodgy PPE contracts

This would generate so much more govt revenue if used to give HMRC more people and expertise to target tax evasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

forkboy84 posted:

My GP just phoned me up and said "do you want your COVID booster? Cool, we can do you a flu jag at the same time."

The only downer was I won't get it until the 22nd, which was 2 and a half weeks from when they called. If I was willing to go through to Nairn i could have gotten it that week but instead I'm getting it from about 90 seconds walk from home so worth the wait.

My GP shamed me into getting a flu shot in like, ten minutes when I was calling about Asthma. Funnily enough they won't do an asthma check up in person lol. I had a horrible time on the first az jab and haven't had a flu jab in possibly ever so not looking forward to potential side effects

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/510-million-to-crackdown-on-benefits-fraudsters

You can be sure there will be no such checking of dodgy PPE contracts

don't want to be alarmist but doing this in the middle of a pandemic really implies they're trying to harass people into a grave, if that wasn't already the conclusion

i guess it's down to "stupidity or malice?" once again

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

If there's a chemist near you doing them, might be worth just rocking up.

The one by me has two queues - booked and walk-in, and they're taking people from both (although more from the booked, obviously).

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

oxford_town posted:

people with immunosuppressive conditions (leukaemia, lymphoma, taking immunosuppressive drugs etc) get a three-dose primary course of immunisation for covid (and then they will also get a booster dose later).

Oh! I am in this category and have been calling my 3rd jab the booster. Is there any actual difference?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1470363546533994508?s=20

I can't decide if it's weird or good that the Prime Minister can't ask for broadcast time without some counter-address being scheduled.

Anyway I look forward to being deeply inspired by Keith's speech.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Can't be less inspiring than the One Show (or can it?)

Oh dear me posted:

Oh! I am in this category and have been calling my 3rd jab the booster. Is there any actual difference?
I had the third dose and they checked the card to make sure it was the same as the other two I got, whereas I think the booster is either supposed to be different or it doesn't matter. I guess we still have a booster in the new year on top too so that's different.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Aidan_702 posted:

My GP shamed me into getting a flu shot in like, ten minutes when I was calling about Asthma. Funnily enough they won't do an asthma check up in person lol. I had a horrible time on the first az jab and haven't had a flu jab in possibly ever so not looking forward to potential side effects

I don't remember ever having side-effects from a flu jab apart from a bit of pain in the shoulder and if you've got asthma or any other lung problem a flu jab is an *incredibly* good idea.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
If it's looking like a shambles at the mo, it's because the vaccination programme staff had a couple of hours of non-specific warning that some thing was going to be announced on Sunday night.
"Compress your 7 week booster rollout into 3 weeks" is a pretty big thing to ask.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I don't remember ever having side-effects from a flu jab apart from a bit of pain in the shoulder and if you've got asthma or any other lung problem a flu jab is an *incredibly* good idea.

In my experience people who complain they got the flu from the flu jab went for the jab in peak flu season as opposed to September.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

My brother in law has basically been vaccinating 6 days a week for months and he’s really pissed off. I think the announcement came as a surprise to him and the surgery he works for. He’s said they’re already on their knees and are losing staff weekly so has no idea how they’ll meet the target.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Endjinneer posted:

If it's looking like a shambles at the mo, it's because the vaccination programme staff had a couple of hours of non-specific warning that some thing was going to be announced on Sunday night.
"Compress your 7 week booster rollout into 3 weeks" is a pretty big thing to ask.

That is totally fair. I'm just starting to get that covid anxiety again which I haven't had for a while. :sludgepal:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lady Gaza posted:

My brother in law has basically been vaccinating 6 days a week for months and he’s really pissed off. I think the announcement came as a surprise to him and the surgery he works for. He’s said they’re already on their knees and are losing staff weekly so has no idea how they’ll meet the target.

What are they losing the staff to? Burnout?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I've got an expired first-aid certificate and used to be quite good at darts when I had a local with a dartboard, I'll do some if they need an extra pair of hands.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Lady Gaza posted:

My brother in law has basically been vaccinating 6 days a week for months and he’s really pissed off.

I read this as he's been injecting himself daily and is now suffering whatever the vaccine equivalent of roid rage is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That episode of star trek where they have the super dudes with the super immune system that starts attacking everyone around them.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

What are they losing the staff to? Burnout?

Basically, yeah

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Maugrim posted:

I read this as he's been injecting himself daily and is now suffering whatever the vaccine equivalent of roid rage is.

I can’t find the actual forums page so have a tweet of a screenshot of forums post in which a goon gets 30 jabs

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1470123702364913673?s=20

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Maugrim posted:

Bolognese blood. For further details see forums user Wang Commander

E;fb

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Lady Gaza posted:

I can’t find the actual forums page so have a tweet of a screenshot of forums post in which a goon gets 30 jabs

lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is the US just, like, you can roll up and just ask them for a vaccine?

Is this what no centralized medical infrastructure does?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Anyone's free around north greenwich and you can just rock up and take my slot.

Because I tested positive this morning so can't get it. :discourse:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
If that goon doesn't die of weird thick blood then he's patient zero for the vaccine resistant strain that kills us all.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

OwlFancier posted:

Is the US just, like, you can roll up and just ask them for a vaccine?

Is this what no centralized medical infrastructure does?

Yes

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I got my booster last week, it gave me a full body ache.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lady Gaza posted:

It was in the CSPAM thread and was pretty obviously a piss-take, I assume of the goon who low-carbed himself into kidney failure.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Brexit Metaphor of the day…

https://twitter.com/BreakingDotUK/status/1470390556530511876

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

But were any sex arses damaged? :ohdear:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Nenonen posted:

But were any sex arses damaged? :ohdear:

No, they are all ship shape after the ramming.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

Can't be less inspiring than the One Show (or can it?)

Well, there's no chance Gyles Brandreth shows up during Kieth's broadcast so he's got that over The One Show if nothing else

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

What's the side effect situation like with the booster? I'm getting mine a few days before christmas.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It was in the CSPAM thread and was pretty obviously a piss-take, I assume of the goon who low-carbed himself into kidney failure.

Just because it's a piss take doesn't mean it's not a thing.
My friend sent me this just after I read that Wang Commander tweet. It's like there is a culture of people who are mainlining Covid vaccines.

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1470161631430778886?t=QwKzDyTZh5oNNirKLpx95Q&s=08

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Miftan posted:

What's the side effect situation like with the booster? I'm getting mine a few days before christmas.

Exactly the same as the first doses, in that it's pretty much random, regardless of what your original side-effects were. I've not heard of anyone having anything worse than shivers/aches/tiredness, and it's very rare to continue past 48 hours.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Question IRL posted:

It's like there is a culture of people who are mainlining Covid vaccines.

Yeah, like the CSPAM thread.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

Just because it's a piss take doesn't mean it's not a thing.
My friend sent me this just after I read that Wang Commander tweet. It's like there is a culture of people who are mainlining Covid vaccines.

https://twitter.com/Independent_ie/status/1470161631430778886?t=QwKzDyTZh5oNNirKLpx95Q&s=08

*extremely crowded house voice* 🎶 ten vaccines in one daaaay 🎶

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Just hook me up to an embalming machine to replace my blood with vaccine.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Got my booster. Booked it last Thursday for today. Steady but slow stream of people coming in and I was in/out in 15 minutes including the 10 minute wait afterwards. I was surprised it wasn't busier, but then I don't exactly live in a bustling city.
My 1st/2nd doses were AZ, but this one is Moderna (Spikevax), and I felt pretty bad after the 1st AZ, so we'll see what happens with this.

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

The one thing we do not appear to have a short supply of is idiots.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

OwlFancier posted:

Just hook me up to an embalming machine to replace my blood with vaccine.

This comic but replace mosquitos with viruses, and poison with vaccine

http://nedroid.com/2011/07/mosquitoes-mo-problems/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just went round all 4 pharmacies in town and not a LTF to be found anywhere.