Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cleared both the EXs today. They were pretty fun. Even managed to nab the weapon coffer.

(spoilered because the weapon aesthetics will make it very obvious who the trial is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I'm like 90% sure the sword from that set is the same weapon (don't fuckin click this if you haven't finished Endwalker) Venat uses to sunder the world so thats pretty bad rear end

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Chillgamesh posted:

I'm like 90% sure the sword from that set is the same weapon (don't fuckin click this if you haven't finished Endwalker) Venat uses to sunder the world so thats pretty bad rear end

Yep. It's the same sword and shield Venat uses herself in Elpis.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

How's this for a WHM Raise macro?

code:
/micon "Raise"
/p Raising <t>
/ac "Swiftcast" <me>
/ac "Thin Air" <me>
/ac "Raise" <t>

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'm thinking that because swiftcast has an ogcd delay, as does thin air, it won't work as advertised.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'm thinking that because swiftcast has an ogcd delay, as does thin air, it won't work as advertised.

Yeah, this. The game will attempt to cast Swiftcast, Thin Air, and Raise at the same time and probably just hit Swiftcast and leave you standing there after printing your text to the chat log. You would have to put a /wait delay between the action lines.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Alright, how about this?

code:
/micon "Raise"
/p Raising <t>
/ac "Swiftcast" <me>
/wait 1
/ac "Thin Air" <me>
/wait 1
/ac "Raise" <t>

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Do not macro your rez ability. Trust me, I used to do it, just don't.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

You can make the wait .5s instead. That said, yeah, I don't super see the point of a rez macro since if you're swiftcasting it, it's instant, and if you're hardcasting it with multiple downed players the other healer can now check to see who the target of your hardcast is on the party list.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Just rez whatever fool fell down if you aren't busy making the tank not die. Or let the rdm do it. No need for macros.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Chillgamesh posted:

You can make the wait .5s instead. That said, yeah, I don't super see the point of a rez macro since if you're swiftcasting it, it's instant, and if you're hardcasting it with multiple downed players the other healer can now check to see who the target of your hardcast is on the party list.

You can't, wait only takes integers. You really shouldn't macro combat abilities outside of a couple of exceptions anyway.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think the only combat ability I have a macro attached to is Living Dead and that's mainly because the healer kind of needs to know immediately when you've used that so it's just a brief /party message. Even then, I don't really press it much at all.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Thundarr posted:

Or let the rdm do it.

I Verraised everyone at least once in my run of the last trial.

Chillgamesh posted:

Did they change the timing thing? I was under the impression that decimals were rounded up to the next full second.

efb answer is above

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Macros are for when you want to yell BURY STEADY SWORD in chat on ability uses, or when you're lazy about crafting so you make a website do it for you.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I wish there was a way to make my summons even larger than large

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Macros are for attaching edgy party chat messages to every one of your DRG abilities.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ibblebibble posted:

You can't, wait only takes integers. You really shouldn't macro combat abilities outside of a couple of exceptions anyway.

Charles Get-Out posted:

Did they change the timing thing? I was under the impression that decimals were rounded up to the next full second.

lol welp. Yeah using multiple abilities on a macro is a really bad idea, it takes the extant laggy clunkiness of XIV's macros and makes it even less responsive.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Here are a couple random thoughts I have as a healer:

I'm not going to see your raise macro because I'm swiftcasting raise on them at the same time.
I'm not going to see your living dead macro because I'm looking at the HP bars/status ailments and I can see your living dead buff.
I actually just generally don't look at party chat much of the time anyways. Judging by how people respond or react to party chat mid combat, I'm not alone here.

Also, I don't know if it's wildly known yet, but if someone is slowcasting a spell at a target, be it a raise or damage spell, it shows their target number / letter beside the cast bar in the party status window. Here's an example from the patch notes:

At least this way you can prevent two people from casting on the same target.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
How my Monday is going.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

These world boss fates loving fall apart if there's literally six hundred people in the instance. Ran it with a full party twice, with four and three tanks, and got bronze both times. I got silver once a different time somehow, but I still need one more silver at best to get this goddamn mount.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The macro is mostly cause I'm sick of shaking my mouse to find my cursor so I can click Swiftcast -> Thin Air -> Raise, costing precious time. It'd be amazing if there was better chording or hotkeying options, but...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CJ posted:

How my Monday is going.

:chloe: What an unfortunate queue number to land on.

Good on you for getting your (booster?) though.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I've not even seen the Chi fate yet because people on my server keep killing it at weird times of day.

I was somehow able to jump through instance congestion to get a gold win on the guy in Thavnair though. Maybe he has mechanics but he went down so fast he only got to do like three things.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The NHS just 2002ed me. I'm going to try again at 3am.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Hommando posted:

Do not macro your rez ability. Trust me, I used to do it, just don't.

What? You absolutely should.

Mine is:

quote:

/macroicon "Raise"
/macroerror off
/ac "Thin Air" <me> <wait.1>
/ac "Swiftcast" <me> <wait.1>
/ac "Raise" <t>
/ac "Raise" <1>
/ac "Raise" <2>
/ac "Raise" <3>
/ac "Raise" <4>
/ac "Raise" <5>
/ac "Raise" <6>
/ac "Raise" <7>

So the vast majority of the time I don't have to even bother targeting anyone.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Offkorn posted:

Mine is:

your cohealer opts to use the exact same macro after 2+ people die. the person they raised first hasn't accepted their raise yet. you hit this macro.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vitamean posted:

your cohealer opts to use the exact same macro after 2+ people die. the person they raised first hasn't accepted their raise yet. you hit this macro.

Also, what if you need to rez a red mage first, who will typically appear near the very end of the party list?

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Vitamean posted:

If one of the dead ppl has a raise icon, I target the other and hit the macro. If one of the dead ppl is a RDM, I target them and hit the macro.

It's very simple and effective.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Vitamean posted:

Same thing happens when they both swiftcast raise someone.

Bigger issue is:

Arist posted:

Also, what if you need to rez a red mage first, who will typically appear near the very end of the party list?

There's priority in raises.

But I don't imagine they're doing anything difficult so whatever.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

There's priority in raises.

Yes, hence the "/ac "Raise" <t>" line at the beginning.

First it tries to raise your target. If the target can't be raised it then goes down the party list to find someone to raise.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

tru

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ibblebibble posted:

Let's see... I have one button to set a focus target (just so that I can put it on my bar and remember, shift-F works fine otherwise, use it before combat) and another to Eyes my focus target. Nascent Flash can be macroed to always hit slot 2 (or wherever you keep your other tank). Rekindle targeting the tank might be useful for Summoner. That's all I can think of for the jobs I play. Definitely something I try to keep to a single active command, for example for Dragoon you can do something fancy like "focus enemy, target nearest player, Eyes them, retarget focused enemy" to guarantee that you're getting someone who isn't out in left field, but I found it misfired half the time and had to be reclicked to go off.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Marcoing healing bubbles to drop at your feet can be useful if you can’t stand the cursor/are using controller. Otherwise I haven’t really found a use for macroing combat abilities, including Raise, for the various reasons people have already stated.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I feel like I should macro dragoon's scary buff line, since switching targets for it and back is really clumsy for me....

RME
Feb 20, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

Marcoing healing bubbles to drop at your feet can be useful if you can’t stand the cursor/are using controller. Otherwise I haven’t really found a use for macroing combat abilities, including Raise, for the various reasons people have already stated.

The new double tap to place is nice

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok, stayed over because of a back sprain so I was able to play most of the morning. It looks like a re-image wasnt necessary, stripping the drivers with tools, having a fresh install of stable ones and capping frames to 90 seems to have helped. Either that or my crashes are somehow related to volume of people in the instances which would be absurd but who knows.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

OddObserver posted:

I feel like I should macro dragoon's scary buff line, since switching targets for it and back is really clumsy for me....

I ended up making dedicated keybinds for switching to focus target and switching to nearest enemy, that way you can focus target your tether-buddy and have the benefit of a giant arrow over their head too

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I use a macro called a key combination and it's tab to cycle targets and shift+tab for nearest enemy

F1-8 targets a specific member of your party, you just have to look at your party list to know who's who

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
On controller it's really easy to tether people, though it takes a bit to learn the muscle memory to do it without clipping. Up->up->up->tether is something I press a Lotz and it sends me right back to the boss afterwards because the party member was only a soft target

You do want to use it second when you double weave it with something else, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Offkorn posted:

Mine is:

loving cursed