Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Posting on 667 now because I was little late sorry guys

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Hail Santa

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Year 667 (DCLXVII) was a common year starting on Friday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 667 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.

Events
By place

Byzantine Empire
Arab–Byzantine War: Caliph Muawiyah I launches a series of attacks against Byzantine holdings in Africa, Sicily and the East.[1]
Europe
The Lombards, under King Grimoald I, destroy Oderzo (Northern Italy). Much of its population flees to the nearby city of Heraclea.

Arabian Empire
King Javanshir of Caucasian Albania (modern Azerbaijan) revolts against the Muslim-Arabs, but is defeated (approximate date).

By topic
Religion
Wighard, archbishop of Canterbury, dies of the bubonic plague while returning from his consecration in Rome.[2]
The Abbey of St. Vaast in Arras (France) is founded.

Births

Hisham ibn Urwah, prominent narrator of hadith and scholar

Qasim ibn Hasan, son of Hassan ibn Ali

Deaths

January 23 – Ildefonsus, bishop of Toledo
Daoxuan, Chinese Buddhist monk (b. 596)
Severus Sebokht, Syrian scholar and bishop
Su Dingfang, general of the Tang Dynasty (b. 591)
Wighard, archbishop of Canterbury (approximate date)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bypzKTTptqM

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

eating a Red Baron pizza for the first time ever

it's not very good though

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Ho ho holy poo poo

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

it's the dough that really makes this a 1-star pizza also it smells vaguely of maple syrup

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Red Baron pizza isn't about being good. It is about sadly but affordably eating an entire pizza alone in an apartment.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Ya baby. Shake that bowl full of jelly.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Meme Poker Party posted:

Red Baron pizza isn't about being good. It is about sadly but affordably eating an entire pizza alone in an apartment.

well holy poo poo that's exactly what I just did!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

IIRC Palermo’s is the only frozen pizza that approaches good.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

well now I gotta figure out what I'm gonna do to bounce back from that disappointing lunch

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

well now I gotta figure out what I'm gonna do to bounce back from that disappointing lunch

In my experience the only bounce after eating an entire Red Baron pizza is the one you do onto the couch.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i have leftover fajitas and an untouched order of mole enchiladas for later from a place that has just insane portions.

Each entree comes in this size of foil pan absolutely filled with rice/beans/entree/ Extras :staredog:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I would recommend a complex and healthy salad, either of your own devising or from an appropriately bougie salad chain like chop’t or sweetgreen.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I would recommend a complex and healthy salad, either of your own devising or from an appropriately bougie salad chain like chop’t or sweetgreen.

what kinda salad you get when you go to those kinda places

i always go for whatever has cilantro and corn :q: if they dont have that then some lame caesar

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Aardvark! posted:

what kinda salad you get when you go to those kinda places

i always go for whatever has cilantro and corn :q: if they dont have that then some lame caesar

they have a huge selections of various greens and toppings and dressings, which you can mix and match to your desires.

they have some 'stock' salads as well, generally something with a southwest flavor, some variety of chicken caesar, something with like a ginger dressing and chow mein noodels, and so on.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Prof. Crocodile posted:

If you want to support the fact that the sweetgreen founder thinks his salad cures covid sure

otherwise Chop't is your salad of choice

https://www.eater.com/2021/9/1/22652747/sweetgreen-ceo-covid-health-mandate-anti-fat-bias-vaccines

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What’s the worst frozen pizza, Red Baron or Celeste?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If you want to support the fact that the sweetgreen founder thinks his salad cures covid sure

otherwise Chop't is your salad of choice

https://www.eater.com/2021/9/1/22652747/sweetgreen-ceo-covid-health-mandate-anti-fat-bias-vaccines

well his tirade sounded a lot less crazy before the astra zeneca vinaigrette got recalled

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I eat big salads pretty regularly but I always make them myself. Not tonight though, I've got some fresh lo mein that I need to get cooked.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

I feel like I'm very reasonable when it comes to frozen pizza, I know what to expect, the bar isn't set high. But that Red Baron was truly bad and it was all the dough's doing. Never had a Celeste though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'd say Celeste is worse but its been awhile since I've had either. I ate an Open Nature frozen pizza last week and it was pretty decent

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Are bagel bites still a thing? Because they’re probably the worst frozen pizza.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Prof. Crocodile posted:

well his tirade sounded a lot less crazy before the astra zeneca vinaigrette got recalled

Gotta add your MRNA to the salad

gives it that nice zing

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I'm walking home again. It's been raining, so instead of snow we now have slush and fog.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Are bagel bites still a thing? Because they’re probably the worst frozen pizza.

I love eating bagel bites again once every couple years and thinking wow, these aren't great

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

And as for food, oven baked salmon and boiled potatoes today, I think.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

I love eating bagel bites again once every couple years and thinking wow, these aren't great

I do this with any flavor of Pop Tart besides Brown Sugar Cinnamon

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Those are nowhere near the worst, although it probably depends on the specific crust/toppings you got. Some of those California Pizza Kitchen ones are horrible, beyond random store brands.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Eating at Red Robin to wind up the thread

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Try the Donatos pizza if you actually do have a red robin near by btw, I think most of them have it now. "Ohio style" pizza, by which I just mean it's thin crust and party cut. I like pepp + mushrooms

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Computer viking posted:

I'm walking home again. It's been raining, so instead of snow we now have slush and fog.

computer viking don't fall!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

Try the Donatos pizza if you actually do have a red robin near by btw, I think most of them have it now. "Ohio style" pizza, by which I just mean it's thin crust and party cut. I like pepp + mushrooms

Do you mean AT red Robin? Is it a ghost kitchen?

I do see an ad for one nearby. Never heard of it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Bloop posted:

Eating at Red Robin to wind up the thread

You can get Red Robin fries in the grocery freezer aisle now, so you can have the only good thing at RR without actually entering an RR. I highly recommend this approach.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Bloop posted:

Do you mean AT red Robin? Is it a ghost kitchen?

I do see an ad for one nearby. Never heard of it

Kind of, Donato's is a real chain from Ohio. They got in to an agreement with Red Robin to basically ghost kitchen out of their restaurants. I'm familiar with the pizza and it seems exactly the same, if limited in options.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
missed satan page due to being at work. capitalism is the true satan

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Pizza place near me that has been a staple of the community for 20 years is shuttered due to "covid, supply chain issues",etc. gently caress

F
F
F
F
F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Don’t trust anything done “Ohio Style”