Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jiro posted:

The speed that they're making all this stuff is hilarious, also the the byproduct of all that loving waste from making everything is horrifyingly astounding to me. And also funny that the book really never addresses.
I thought they were going to address this with Xeno talking about playing the role of "dark scientist" to spare Senku some heat for the dirtier parts of producing this stuff but lol, nope.

It'd probably be bad for the pacing of the manga though- you'd have to devote a lot of pages to the byproducts of the production of the stainless steel and hypergolic chemicals and so on.

To be honest though the most pollution produced by the team so far is just the lovely bunker oil they were using before they made the jet boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Not just the main team but now every established city across the world especially the Corn city with more and more livestock, the mining cities.....

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theyre not fully into modern day capitalistic overproduction and at a fraction of a fraction of the world pop the impact will not be that great.

And all of the industrial runoffs can be captured and processed safely and unlike profit motivated companies they actually have the incentive to not ruin the places they inhabit and the knowledge to make that a reality.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TheKingofSprings posted:

All of these kids should have 7 kinds of cancer by this point

It's okay, that's why the Medusa is there. Just petrify the cancer, problem solved.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
the environmentalist angle would provide a satisfying motivation for "why man", they petrified the earth to stop people from destroying it and gave it a chance to heal.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Cloks posted:

the environmentalist angle would provide a satisfying motivation for "why man", they petrified the earth to stop people from destroying it and gave it a chance to heal.

"DO YOU WANT TO DIIIIIIEEE???

...the icecaps haven't recovered yet!"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Z=223. 0

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1011914
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dr-stone-chapter-223/chapter/23688?action=read

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Lots of real nice moments in this one. xeno all but blushing giving stanley his chewing tobacco, gin having a very serious bow, senku's little countdown to himself, those last couple of spreads

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
So about now is the perfect time for why man to petrify all of earth, giving team space's mission some extra incentive to succeed and defeat why man. Or, if they need ground support still, it'll happen after the Hohmann transfer burn has been performed and Senku and Co are part way to the moon.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Vengarr posted:

I forget—why can’t they make/use transistors?
Besides needing rare metals, transistors are tricky and time consuming to produce (I know, space rocket, but still) and also not really necessary if they already have computers working through other means. It would be an optimization of existing technology rather than something new. Also, primitive transistors break more easily than what they're using now.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Even with access to unlimited tech we don’t have transistors right now so it’s hard to blame Dr. Stone :v:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
They won’t use transistors because it would take seven chapters to explain how they work without violating our current understanding of physics.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Xeno as the dark scientist handing the pollution they've been causing and Why-man having an environmentalist motivation for petrifying everyone both sound like fun choices to me.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Why-man was just trying to protect them all from the Anti-Spirals.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://youtu.be/ssfJoMeszqY

Gotta say, that is not the voice I have in my head for Ryusui

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Scholtz posted:

https://youtu.be/ssfJoMeszqY

Gotta say, that is not the voice I have in my head for Ryusui

oh jeeze, no new season until next year? just a special episode for ryusui? this year?...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Z=224. In Space
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1011915
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dr-stone-chapter-224/chapter/23711?action=read

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

:cripes:
Boichi: It's not upskirting if there is no up or down!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

If Kohaku weren't so blunt I'd say the "Is that so..." while looking out the window was her seeing the sexy android space station with her super eyes

this was a really pretty & cool chapter
we've might've sped through a lto to get here but it really is rad that yeah! we're here! in space!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Boichi really pulling all the stops out for the art in this chapter.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

rannum posted:

If Kohaku weren't so blunt I'd say the "Is that so..." while looking out the window was her seeing the sexy android space station with her super eyes

this was a really pretty & cool chapter
we've might've sped through a lto to get here but it really is rad that yeah! we're here! in space!

I stand by sexy android made of phones will show up. im pretty sure they had morse code lights in the sky again during the "everyones frozen" period.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Renzuko posted:

I stand by sexy android made of phones will show up. im pretty sure they had morse code lights in the sky again during the "everyones frozen" period.

the sexy android is absolutely showing up no question, I was just saying for a moment I thought Kohaku already saw it but was keeping quiet but that's not something she'd do.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

sexy android space station is the dream of a dying nascent sentient AI as it burns up in the atmosphere

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Sexy android isn’t showing up. I don’t believe it. I don’t want to believe it!

Also this was another sweet chapter.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Tiddytron will return

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Am I incorrect or didn't Chrom show Senku the ISS in orbit earlier in the manga?

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Am I incorrect or didn't Chrom show Senku the ISS in orbit earlier in the manga?

Thats the end of the iphone android's side manga, chrom either before they meet senku, or early enough that senku hasnt taught them japanese, he sees the lights and realises its a pattern over time, but he cant understand it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Z=225. Docking

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1012639
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dr-stone-chapter-225/chapter/23768?action=read

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
This chapter is a delightful mix of practical problems you'd see pop up and fun shonen poo poo with the docking procedure.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I Am Fowl posted:

This chapter is a delightful mix of practical problems you'd see pop up and fun shonen poo poo with the docking procedure.

Yeah, like how they probably only factored in oxygen and fuel for three people and Ryusui tagging along is bound to cause some issues going back.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

I loving love Ryuusei

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm pretty sure one of the 4 isn't coming back from the moon. Like, not that anyone will straight up die but I could easily see say Senku ending up petrified on the moon and waking up some years later after he's retrieved and civilization is pretty much rebuilt on its own- with that being the ending.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Balache404 posted:

I loving love Ryuusei

Local Capitalist Too Stoked to Die

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
I hate this comic for making me root for the born rich ur-capitalist like this.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

amigolupus posted:

Yeah, like how they probably only factored in oxygen and fuel for three people and Ryusui tagging along is bound to cause some issues going back.

I'd say when they sent ryusui up they gave what was needed to account for him (food, fuel) but then he's turned himself into a reaction wheel so

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm kinda okay with Ryuusei showing up like this, but him being his own reaction wheel is a step too far for me I guess. He's not Taijuu with infinite stamina. He's the guy with infinite desire.

Doesn't it also go against his charactization? He desires, but he desires the best for everyone. But this stunt could technically kill them all. The launch of that part was also calculated without his extra weight.

I didn't like this chapter. :(

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Darth TNT posted:

I'm kinda okay with Ryuusei showing up like this, but him being his own reaction wheel is a step too far for me I guess. He's not Taijuu with infinite stamina. He's the guy with infinite desire.

Doesn't it also go against his charactization? He desires, but he desires the best for everyone. But this stunt could technically kill them all. The launch of that part was also calculated without his extra weight.

I didn't like this chapter. :(

My take is he was intentionally sent up and probably has spare components to swap into the computer with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
All he has to do is spin, doesn't take stamina when you are in space and don't feel gravity pull your brain down.