Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

New War, New You!

Also, the game appears to be patching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

T1 bayos are going to be wild. Also unlocking nukes before the ability to shoot them is gonna be funny.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I am very excited to die in snow with mouthful of scrap muffling laments of absence of sledgehammer. Maybe one day I will be allowed to fire howitzer, or at very least watch two people drag it by me. In the meantime, I will gladly toil.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
I'm extremely excited about getting concrete objectives done this war instead of being my usual passive self. Looking forward to some real growth and self reflection.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Here are the patch notes.

I am way too happy about shoveling dirt into shell holes and broken trenches.

Also a heads up to new GOON players, the population will peak with this one so if you are fighting or going to combat zone to logistics you will have to wait in line to cross over. Bring a book, have your phone at hand or get a Podcast set up if you aren't in Discord and chatting.

Welcome in advance to sale players, you are in the Warden army now. Pain is part of the process.

Gath
Sep 23, 2009
Anyone see the strange ANVIL thing they are working on? Like medieval foxhole. Could be neat in future. Instead of trucks and truckering i could be a peasant whipping horses and running from dudes with sticks.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Gath posted:

Anyone see the strange ANVIL thing they are working on? Like medieval foxhole. Could be neat in future. Instead of trucks and truckering i could be a peasant whipping horses and running from dudes with sticks.

Finally a reason for sledgehammers to be a researchable technology.

e: This hit me before, so a heads-up if you're new: Download and install today's patch *before* you try to join the game. There'll be a rush as we get closer to game time.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 14, 2021

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Pour one out for the rush of bagging 2-3 Colonials with one 30MM/40MM shell :smith:

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 22, 2021

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

ngl the last thing i expected out of foxhole was seeing a lot of people experience accurate union organization circumstances including the out-of-touch hostile employer and lots of first timers slowly realizing the value of direct action

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
So apparently while the devs gave us so many more mines to play with they didn't bother telling anyone they were cutting the output of each of them in half :garak: . Net result is that a very large part of the playerbase got really mad and the last 24 hrs on the Foxhole subreddit has been people going off about this. I guess someone at Siegecamp noticed or maybe decided this wasn't a great idea as the 1st patch for this version announced a 50% increase in all mine outputs :stonklol: . This isn't the first time that totally unannounced intentional changes have been added to to the game and probably won't be the last.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Danann posted:

ngl the last thing i expected out of foxhole was seeing a lot of people experience accurate union organization circumstances including the out-of-touch hostile employer and lots of first timers slowly realizing the value of direct action

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
im gonna be a BOATMAN

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

so i logged in and spawned somewhere on the west coast. i grab a rifle and some ammo and start schlepping my way towards the front. down the hill, across a bridge, past some bunkers, etc. As I'm walking along the side of the road some guy jumps out of the bushes at me and says, in a heavy european accent, "hello! i need to borrow your gun!"
i stop for a moment to make sense of what the gently caress just happened, and he says there are two partisans in the woods just over there but he has no ammo. i figure okay, why not, and drop him my starter pistol and the two clips I spawned with. then, as he's getting his inventory sorted out, i load my rifle and fix the bayonet.
we duck across the road and into the bushes. almost immediately there's gunshots, and I see a colonial trooper taking pistol potshots at us from atop a rock outcropping. buddy drops to a knee and starts shooting as the second colonial comes out of the bushes at the base of the rocks. we exchanged some bullets, but both of them died and both of us were okay.
that was the first time i killed somebody

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 16, 2021

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Danann posted:

Game is, relatively speaking, very low population especially for an update war specifically because of this. It's great.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Peak population on launch day was 4114 people logged in. 24 hrs later the primetime peak was 2519. The bit with the loving with the mines pissed off a lot of people. They mucked around with the tech mats/prototype system with the same give/take routine. Prototypes used to cost like 150 mats on the initial level and was like 600 near the end. Now its something like 24 mats and it goes up by 1 each level, so prototypes won't ever cost more than like 30 mats. That's the give bit. The take bit is that instead of needing 20-30 kits to fill a level its something in the multiple hundreds now. So while the overall amount of tech material needed may have actually gone down its super annoying now because a scrap field might give out 10-20 tech materials tops with a dev stating that getting 0 is entirely possible.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
I pulled 250 tech mats today! Wow!

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

pokchu posted:

I pulled 250 tech mats today! Wow!

:science101:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The future of war will be fought in space. Or at the end of a fabricated bridge on a lake.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Don't forget barges to destroy the enemies counter-bridge.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

SeanBeansShako posted:

The future of war will be fought in space. Or at the end of a fabricated bridge on a lake.

Friendship ended with Rattenkrieg, now Fischenkrieg is my best friend

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I wonder why this game attracts so many weebs

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Edit: I just realized you said weebs and not wehraboos so my original post is out of place

gently caress Nazis. gently caress ‘em in their stupid asses.

Keeping that in the post because why not.

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 20, 2021

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

dialhforhero posted:

Edit: I just realized you said weebs and not wehraboos so my original post is out of place

gently caress Nazis. gently caress ‘em in their stupid asses.

Keeping that in the post because why not.

I've been seeing the wehraboos as well, such a strange thing to be into

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
*driving an officer car and sees someone with 88 in their name* oh no my brakes went out

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

For those missing the rich contextial experince of cross faction voip I came across a Colonial dying in the snow outside Foxcatcher

rear end he called me in local chat, before dying before I could beat him to death with my bare hands. I doubt we're missing anything.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

SeanBeansShako posted:

For those missing the rich contextial experince of cross faction voip I came across a Colonial dying in the snow outside Foxcatcher

rear end he called me in local chat, before dying before I could beat him to death with my bare hands. I doubt we're missing anything.

Maybe he was telling you where he needed medical attention but instead you warcrimed him. For shame.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

GruntyThrst posted:

Maybe he was telling you where he needed medical attention but instead you warcrimed him. For shame.

He can shove things up his rear end in Colonial territory not near Foxcatcher during a war then.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
I watched 5 colonial gunboats get deleted by Howitzer garrisons today.

We're defending integrum, folks!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

On a serious note we should just chill out in the Discord channels again now, a few of us regulars seem to be squad hopping a lot these days and Group chat is being drowned out by HMG fire.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Yeah, I've wound up turning special effects way down, and that just lets me listen; when I try to talk to somebody in local chat in a warzone, nobody can hear each other.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

We had an extremely successful artillery op today. We moved the front line really far in Oarbreaker with 3 120mm guns. We killed 3 bunker bases and counter batteried their arty, causing a full 200 meter advance of our frontline. it was insane.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Game is discounted at 25% during the Winter Sale, come join us and learn the wonders and wizardry of artillery.

atal
Aug 13, 2006

burning down the house
I spent all day watching episodes of Frasier and making lots of 120mm shells for the Artillery barrage later. It's a chill game when you want it to be. I will probably fight in Mercy's Wish this evening, which will not be chill at all.

No step back!

Goons have a smallish community but are good with newbies which really helps explain what can be a complex and counterintuitive game.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
We've been whipping in Oarbreaker & Fisherman's the last two days, so much so that we're the only front that has not only held, but made gains this war (holding partisan island again + still holding lions head.) Keep up the great work, and the 120mm shells flowing!

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Goon Artillery makes the world go boom

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Fun fact, this is the first war with a activity stat tracker that records pretty much all your contributions during said war.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

At least one or two people who work with the various scrap ports out there are past 2 million resources gathered :stonkhat: . Scrapping for 8 hours indeed.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

SeanBeansShako posted:

Fun fact, this is the first war with a activity stat tracker that records pretty much all your contributions during said war.

Does it track things like shipping as well? Because having a scrap-ton-kilometer counter would be pretty rad.

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017
Hey, been playing for a couple weeks now but itching to do some more coordinated / organized stuff. Is the GOON squad here pretty organized or is it more of a just casual sort of thing to randomly play together whenever someone happens to be online? Love the idea of playing in a group that is coordinating with other groups for a bigger picture.

If not wouldn't mind some recommendations for a good organized group that's not too LARPy (like I'm cool with having someone be in-charge or whatever so people actually do poo poo together, I just don't want to LARP ranks or stuff like that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Oysters Autobio posted:

Hey, been playing for a couple weeks now but itching to do some more coordinated / organized stuff. Is the GOON squad here pretty organized or is it more of a just casual sort of thing to randomly play together whenever someone happens to be online? Love the idea of playing in a group that is coordinating with other groups for a bigger picture.

If not wouldn't mind some recommendations for a good organized group that's not too LARPy (like I'm cool with having someone be in-charge or whatever so people actually do poo poo together, I just don't want to LARP ranks or stuff like that)

GOON is pretty casual, but might be a good first taste of more organized play? If not, several goons are in 82DK, who are much bigger and much more organized. GOON will often hang out near where they're based and sometimes assist and coordinate with them.

I *think* there's ostensibly some kind of Warhammer 40K LARP thing going on, at least with the name, but I don't get the impression that's actually the case in practice. I dunno, MREBoy's with them and could probably provide more detail.