Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Man whose wife won a lawsuit to treat his COVID-19 with ivermectin has died

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/12/13/pennsylvania-man-treated-covid-ivermectin-dies/6498445001/

Keith Smith, whose wife had gone to court to have his COVID-19 infection treated with ivermectin, died Sunday evening, a week after he received his first dose of the controversial drug.

He was 52.

Smith was in a hospital in Pennsylvania for nearly three weeks and had been in the hospital’s intensive care unit in a medically induced coma on a ventilator since Nov. 21. He had been diagnosed with the virus on Nov. 10.

His wife of 24 years, Darla, had gone to court to compel the hospital, UPMC Memorial, to treat her husband with ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug that has not been approved for treatment of COVID-19.

York County Court Judge Clyde Vedder’s Dec. 3 decision did not compel the hospital to treat Keith with the drug, but it did allow Darla to have an independent physician administer it. He received two doses before Keith’s condition grew worse, and the doctor halted the treatment.

Nice job killing your husband.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with people?

:horsedrugs:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The only cure is

There is no “cure”

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

MrMojok posted:

This loving face-generating thing is about as cute as the Greg Kelly posts you guys used to spam, only it somehow manages makes even less sense.

If this garbage even consistently looked like anybody and was relevant to this thread, I’d applaud it, but you loving morons are reveling in pasting poo poo that has nothing to do with anything, so… well done, idiots, I guess.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Tesla podcast, get my NFTs, here's me with Musk, own a Delorian, trying to get on that GRIIIIIIIIIFFFFTTTTT I'M PICKLE GRIFFFFFTTTTTTT!!!

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

The Last Call posted:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/12/13/pennsylvania-man-treated-covid-ivermectin-dies/6498445001/

Keith Smith, whose wife had gone to court to have his COVID-19 infection treated with ivermectin, died Sunday evening, a week after he received his first dose of the controversial drug.

He was 52.

Smith was in a hospital in Pennsylvania for nearly three weeks and had been in the hospital’s intensive care unit in a medically induced coma on a ventilator since Nov. 21. He had been diagnosed with the virus on Nov. 10.

His wife of 24 years, Darla, had gone to court to compel the hospital, UPMC Memorial, to treat her husband with ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug that has not been approved for treatment of COVID-19.

York County Court Judge Clyde Vedder’s Dec. 3 decision did not compel the hospital to treat Keith with the drug, but it did allow Darla to have an independent physician administer it. He received two doses before Keith’s condition grew worse, and the doctor halted the treatment.

Assisted suicide finally legalized

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Last Call posted:

LMAO

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Last Call posted:

He was 52.

No no no. You see it’s the hospital’s fault for not allowing the :horsedrugs: sooner! If they hadn’t forced her to waste time with a lawsuit, her husband would still be alive today!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Ok, I asked for this and this is magnificent

(It also looks nothing like me and no metadata can tell people where I live)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I don’t think that actually happens though. People just get dumber and dig in more.

MrMojok posted:

There is no “cure”

It happens. Like one in a thousand complete shitheaps, like libertarians or neo-nazis, will have an epiphany and realize their entire worldview is horseshit.

But we probably shouldn't hang our hopes on 1 in 1000 "seeing the light", so it's best to just give them an unlimited supply of :horsedrugs:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Lamech posted:

babies named Elon

Signs that humanity is hosed.

1. Donald Trump was president.
2. This.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LifeSunDeath posted:

Tesla podcast, get my NFTs, here's me with Musk, own a Delorian, trying to get on that GRIIIIIIIIIFFFFTTTTT I'M PICKLE GRIFFFFFTTTTTTT!!!

USED TO own a Delorean

Still has it as his handle

LOL

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

MrMojok posted:

This loving face-generating thing is about as cute as the Greg Kelly posts you guys used to spam, only it somehow manages makes even less sense.

If this garbage even consistently looked like anybody and was relevant to this thread, I’d applaud it, but you loving morons are reveling in pasting poo poo that has nothing to do with anything, so… well done, idiots, I guess.

quote:

"Play is essentially wish fulfillment"

-- Lev Vygotsky

Let us have our fun, grandma. Not all of us have to get up at 5:00am for our double shift at Wal-mart.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It happens. Like one in a thousand complete shitheaps, like libertarians or neo-nazis, will have an epiphany and realize their entire worldview is horseshit.

But we probably shouldn't hang our hopes on 1 in 1000 "seeing the light", so it's best to just give them an unlimited supply of :horsedrugs:

I hope Trump has a flicker of that epiphany right at the moment he’s making GBS threads himself to death, his life force squirting itself forcefully into an already full diaper, hopefully in front of an audience, cameras rolling.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

No, :horsedrugs: is what's right with people.

Wait, no, you're right.

:horsedrugs: is the answer. And the question.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Data Graham posted:

USED TO own a Delorean

Still has it as his handle

LOL

goddamn that guy is a loving tool. he's like that dude from office space but about tesla:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Polio Vax Scene posted:

I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!

No you wouldn't.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

MrMojok posted:

Haven't posted anything from him in a while since he's an rear end in a top hat but rest assured he's still covering the most important issues facing the country.

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1470474019099095045

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The Last Call posted:

He was 52.

lmao, the perfect murder

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Let us have our fun, grandma. Not all of us have to get up at 5:00am for our double shift at Wal-mart.

Owned

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

lmao, the perfect murder

"Your Honor, it was a politically motivated killing, totally different than what you're talking about."

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

When Diogenes saw a child drinking water from his hands, he threw away his cup, and stated that a child had beat him in simplicity of living.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Won't defend his innocence after being summoned by the highest legislative branch in the nation

But at the drop of a hat he'll appear on Fox News

Somehow this is okay and he's not in jail lol

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Why is there such confidence in invermectin? Did Q say it works?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Hazo posted:

Won't defend his innocence after being summoned by the highest legislative branch in the nation

I can't help but wonder if this isn't just a way for him to help his defense by simply making it harder for the prosecution to find impartial jurors since it's being splashed all over the airwaves like this but also how is it not obstructing justice?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Hazo posted:

Rank and file republicans are motherfucking traitors, and stupid as poo poo. Bully them until they gently caress off. Never stop. gently caress em all.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The US is one law change away from the hellscape that is “President Musk” lol.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Libertarians are gonna clean up our legal system, and restore the power of consent to the people.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BigglesSWE posted:

The US is one law change away from the hellscape that is “President Musk” lol.

It would require a constitutional amendments that the red states would never agree to.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It would require a constitutional amendments that the red states would never agree to.

But it's Musk bro, he's been the wisest with capital allocation, that's why he should be entrusted with all capital.

TO THE MOON bro.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bright Bart posted:

Why is there such confidence in invermectin? Did Q say it works?

It has been a miracle cure in right wing conspiracies for quite a while, just looking for a disease.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

A dog's owner can say anything to a dog in the right tone and have it met with approval. Because they don't understand english. These people are much stupider than dogs. Comparing them to the noble canine is making me feel bad.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

You’d be amazed what chuds will be able to swallow with the right backing by billionaire money and lobbying efforts.

The comedy option ofc would be for Musk to run regardless of the constitution and the GOP just goes “wellp I mean should a piece of paper stop this stable genius from getting a chance at the big times?”

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

The Last Call posted:

He was 52.

actually it was because they refused to give him the paste. IT'S THE DOCTOR'S FAULT

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Him have big money he person of year yeah have many moneys.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

My favourite moment of Star Trek Discovery was when they name dropped Musk as a pioneering hero in Earth history.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

because why not, play both sides of the...lunacy game.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

LifeSunDeath posted:

Libertarians are gonna clean up our legal system, and restore the power of consent to the people.

Mostly to the teenaged people though.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
My dad told me to listen to some loving coast to coast (lol) interview with a "scientist" last week and said "you believe the science, well this was a scientist and the poo poo he was saying would open your eyes about the vaccine"

Turns out it was known conspiracy anti-vaxxer tv/movie producer Del Bigtree. When I told him this he loving blew up at me and minimized his own lack of "doing research" by googling or even hearing the title of the person he automatically thought was 100% right about the vaccines. chuds are literally this dumb and can't be convinced that they maybe shouldn't think they are the smartest person in the room.

Sorry if I repeated that story, gently caress it's still hilarious to me.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

T Bowl posted:

My dad told me to listen to some loving coast to coast (lol) interview with a "scientist" last week and said "you believe the science, well this was a scientist and the poo poo he was saying would open your eyes about the vaccine"

Turns out it was known conspiracy anti-vaxxer tv/movie producer Del Bigtree. When I told him this he loving blew up at my and minimized his own lack of "doing research" by googling or even hearing the title of the person he automatically thought was 100% right about the vaccines. chuds are literally this dumb and can't be convinced that they maybe shouldn't think they are the smartest person in the room.

Sorry if I repeated that story, gently caress it's still hilarious to me.

the internet has armed them with bulletproof "research" and now we're all hosed because they're also shooting up our schools so we can't just hide in the halls of academia and be nerds anymore.