Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Killer robot posted:

For those who didn't get the comics reference, Doom Force was an early 90s one-shot where future Niles created a Doom Patrol successor as parody of X-Force.

Hahaha that's amazing. Those Liefeld butt cheeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
This has easily been the best season of Doom Patrol. Althought I miss Niles

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hollismason posted:

Althought I miss Niles

Big same, show needs more absolutely scenery devouring Timothy Dalton.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Killer robot posted:

For those who didn't get the comics reference, Doom Force was an early 90s one-shot where future Niles created a Doom Patrol successor as parody of X-Force.

It was a fantastic Liefeldian and Cliff's reference to it via the pouches was parfect.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

god what an incredible season. I was worried at the start of the season that they would never improve, but they really started up a cool new status quo to keep things fresh and let the characters keep growing.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah that's the thing I really liked about this season: the massive character growth they've all had.

They actually DESERVE to believe they're heroes now. Especially Cliff. Seeing a confidant Rita is great too though I wonder if what she did to The Brain is hinting she's become more like Niles than she should.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I love Young Justice's evil Spider-man.

Yeah, I felt confused as to how they'd wrap the Doom Patrol season up but they mostly did it. Can't wait to see how they mess up the Suez Canal next season.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I like when Josh Keaton gets to be Spider-Man, and I'll bet Spectacular getting screwed the way it did is why Weisman keeps bringing Black Spider around every so often in Young Justice

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

guess no one else watches YJ but me.

Nice that they decided to address events that happened during one of the time skips (was happy that this season barely had one) and the re-interpreting of Killing Joke with Cass paralyzing Barbara by mistake is a lot better than what we originally got. Not only is it better because Barbara isn't an object to be brutalized to motivate Batman, but it also shows that being in their line of work there are always risks and sometimes accidents happen

Also, I'm a little scared of what M'gann is going to do if she clues in to who provided the bomb, without Connor to keep her in check she's gonna go completely over the edge and probably attempt to turn Darkseid into a vegetable

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm watching it and mostly surprised that they went back to M'gann on Mars.

Brent Spiner Joker was better the second time is about all I can add to that.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Wait, Young Justice is back?

I thought that ended years ago?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Wait, Young Justice is back?

I thought that ended years ago?

No, the only thing that ended on that show was their animation budget.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I don't remember the animation ever being anything to write home about for Young Justice, I'm just here for the superhero soap opera

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

Big same, show needs more absolutely scenery devouring Timothy Dalton.

That's true of every show though.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Aces High posted:

I don't remember the animation ever being anything to write home about for Young Justice, I'm just here for the superhero soap opera

I'm watching it on HBOMax and the end credits gags get me every time.

Just watched the one that had Superman talking to Lois from the Watchtower garden looking at earth (with his boots off) and going into a panic attack demanding a boom tube from Cyborg because he heard Jonathan start crying in the background after Lois was giving him the riot act about conveniently never being around to change diapers and there being poop on the ceiling.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Not sure I really needed to see that dude's whole renal system, Young Justice.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

cool that we got to see another member of the Marvel Family, kinda annoyed that she won't acknowledge the Marvel name especially since Captain Marvel never once referred to himself as Shazam in season 1 but I guess WB/DC told Weisman to stop that

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

man Weisman really loves his "it's all according to plan" type villains doesn't he, although if ever there was a villain it made sense with, an immortal that has been around for tens of thousands of years like Vandal Savage would be one of them

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Aces High posted:

man Weisman really loves his "it's all according to plan" type villains doesn't he, although if ever there was a villain it made sense with, an immortal that has been around for tens of thousands of years like Vandal Savage would be one of them
Vandal Savage could easily have made all his plans work out if he'd just changed his name to "Hero McNicey" a hundred years ago so that superheroes wouldn't be so gung-ho about stopping him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aces High posted:

Eh, this shows that even though he mostly got what he wanted, it wasn't what he planned at all.

Still not really a fan of this magic arc, but if they bring in more magical characters and we get Constantine and/or the Spectre that would be fun.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So I caught up on Doom Patrol yesterday and marathoned the last 8 episodes with some friends. It's shocking how much this show can pack into an episode without feeling rushed and just how loving weird and nonsensical it can be while still being coherent.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CW is developing another DC show that isn't going to be set in the mainline Arrowverse. Gotham Knights is coming from some of the writers/EPs of Batwoman and is set in a Gotham where Bruce Wayne has been murdered and a new rag tag team has to protect the city. The show description mentions the main character is "(Bruce Wayne's) rebellious adopted son" which sounds like Dick but weird that they don't specify it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

muscles like this! posted:

from some of the writers/EPs of Batwoman

oh no

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It could be that's why s3 has been so much worse. They were off developing this.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

It could be that's why s3 has been so much worse. They were off developing this.

S2 and S1 were both terrible. I had watched all of the episodes of all Arrowverse shows but after Batwoman season 2, no more. I can't believe season 3 is worse, wow.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It sounds like they're just gonna make a version of Titans in which Dick Grayson can't say "gently caress Batman" and stab a guy in the dick with scissors tbh

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 14, 2021

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

It sound like they're just gonna make a version of Titans in which Dick Grayson can't say "gently caress Batman" and stab a guy in the dick with scissors tbh

So, completely worthless then?

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Spacebump posted:

S2 and S1 were both terrible. I had watched all of the episodes of all Arrowverse shows but after Batwoman season 2, no more. I can't believe season 3 is worse, wow.
I don't think Batwoman S3 is worse. It's the same. They are all very bad. If anything S3 is slightly better because Alice's insanity is now presented as some actual insanity rather than stupid zany-for-its-own-sake villainousness, and there are some villains that aren't just that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CW is developing another DC show that isn't going to be set in the mainline Arrowverse. Gotham Knights is coming from some of the writers/EPs of Batwoman and is set in a Gotham where Bruce Wayne has been murdered and a new rag tag team has to protect the city. The show description mentions the main character is "(Bruce Wayne's) rebellious adopted son" which sounds like Dick but weird that they don't specify it.

I assume they're giving themselves leeway in case Dick's earmarked for HBO Max/movies or just verboten due to Titans. They can make it Jason or with a stretch, wiggle Tim or Damien in the spot. Or a brand new character.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Perhaps worse, it’s an adaptation of the upcoming video game of the same name.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Open Source Idiom posted:

So, completely worthless then?

Yeah that was the implication I was making there. I actually love watching Doom Patrol and Titans for vastly different reasons. But man after the first few seasons of Arrow I just haven't been able to dig the CW poo poo. Way too many episodes and if they cut the seasons in half and used the same budgets those shows could probably be a lot better. Legends is like the only halfway good one because it has the ability to just get weird with it and be goofy af.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

Yeah that was the implication I was making there. I actually love watching Doom Patrol and Titans for vastly different reasons. But man after the first few seasons of Arrow I just haven't been able to dig the CW poo poo. Way too many episodes and if they cut the seasons in half and used the same budgets those shows could probably be a lot better. Legends is like the only halfway good one because it has the ability to just get weird with it and be goofy af.

Yeah, hard agree on most of that. I'd rate Legends over Titans though. Pennyworth is pretty.good too.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, hard agree on most of that. I'd rate Legends over Titans though. Pennyworth is pretty.good too.

I haven't really heard anything about Pennyworth yet so I might need to check that out. Is it on any streaming services yet?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is supposed to be on HBO Max sometime early next year.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Professor Beetus posted:

I haven't really heard anything about Pennyworth yet so I might need to check that out. Is it on any streaming services yet?
The weird thing about Pennyworth is, as far as I can tell, it's got absolutely nothing to do with any other DC characters or stories. It's a completely unrelated story about a guy who coincidentally happens to be called Alfred Pennyworth; there's no way it could possibly connect with any version of that character's future that I'm aware of.

It's ok though. :shrug:

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Spacebump posted:

Ignore muscles, I have no idea what they're talking about. The show stabilised after S2 and has moved on from the Kane/Crows era. It's still a CW show and the writing still requires incredible suspension of disbelief at times, but it's finally coming into its own. As someone else mentioned, the Alice stuff this season is interesting, and they're making a new generation of the classic Batman rogues gallery (thanks to Batman's trophies being stolen & then lost in the river end of last season).

jassa fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 14, 2021

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

jassa posted:

Ignore muscles, I have no idea what they're talking about. The show stabilised after S2 and has moved on from the Kane/Crows era. It's still a CW show and the writing still requires incredible suspension of disbelief at times, but it's finally coming into its own. As someone else mentioned, the Alice stuff this season is interesting, and they're making a new generation of the classic Batman rogues gallery (thanks to Batman's trophies being stolen & then lost in the river end of last season).

It's not as bad as it was, but it's still bad. It's possible that it'll pick up in the second half; there's some potential there; but there's always been potential. Potential is the easy part.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Tiggum posted:

It's not as bad as it was, but it's still bad. It's possible that it'll pick up in the second half; there's some potential there; but there's always been potential. Potential is the easy part.

Like I said, it's still a CW show.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao that stargirl is the best cw dc show to date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao that stargirl is the best cw dc show to date.
I think the first or second season of Flash, when it was lighthearted and upbeat, was equal to Stargirl. So maybe Stargirl is only the best because it hasn't had time to go downhill yet.