Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Like hardcore punk shows don’t get that out of control I don’t anyone has actually died at one in ages.

yeah but that's because the people at hardcore shows are in their 40s now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

"fertile teen girls" is a phrase that pretty immediately means you're a creep

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:females:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

:sickos:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I always wonder why does "natural" excuse pedophilia and not like... Every other crime?

"It's natural to take available resources that enhance your individual success, why do you call it 'theft'?"

"It's just natural assertion of dominance, how can you call it murder?"

It's facially asinine, but they keep going back to that well

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Redditors are the worst.

On a side note I discovered I still have a Slashdot account from like 15 years ago and checked it out. Back in the day I think they were leaning libertarian but looking at all of the comments on the articles they're pretty solidly liberal and antitrump.

I'm happy about that.

I feel the same way about Fark. Fark was always kind of conservative leaning but never too far right. I was afraid they would all turn trumpy but as it happened the vast majority of Fark commenters outright rejected trump and republicans in general after 2016. It was a relief.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

ikanreed posted:

I always wonder why does "natural" excuse pedophilia and not like... Every other crime?

"It's natural to take available resources that enhance your individual success, why do you call it 'theft'?"

See also: people who are intense about 'natural' anything and still wear glasses. Nature sucks sometimes!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/SocDoneLeft/status/1470327383295205381?t=DFHmzWmnplnQhhqsgkiOBA&s=19

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

HopperUK posted:

See also: people who are intense about 'natural' anything and still wear glasses. Nature sucks sometimes!

Have you met any of those people who are extremely anti technology, are trying to get rid of anything not based on doing it by muscle power from their lives, but wear glasses/contacts?

I get it, but you should probably be consistent in your ideology before you get all smug at people about it

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The nearsighted Luddite

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

"just my take"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ikanreed posted:

Goes the opposite way too. People say "it just ain't natural to gaymarry another man" then drive their car to work where they'll sit in a cubicle for 9.5 hours pushing buttons on a computer.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Redditors are the worst.

On a side note I discovered I still have a Slashdot account from like 15 years ago and checked it out. Back in the day I think they were leaning libertarian but looking at all of the comments on the articles they're pretty solidly liberal and antitrump.

I'm happy about that.

Slashdot back in the day had all the Bad Opinions that now seen to have migrated to Reddit. I remember their obsession with flying cars (technology will solve All The Problems!), befuddlement as to why public and mass transport was ever necessary (just drive!), insistence that everyone's grandmother should be using Linux (mine loves it!), and one thread about how a million dollars "was hardly any money at all".

Like to think it's the same posters now, but they've grown up.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Goes the opposite way too. People say "it just ain't natural to gaymarry another man" then drive their car to work where they'll sit in a cubicle for 9.5 hours pushing buttons on a computer.

It's not natural to marry anyone! All weddings are unnatural!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

goldenninjawarrior posted:

It's not natural to marry anyone! All weddings are unnatural!

and this is why everyone should be poly :v:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

and this is why everyone should be poly :v:

Everyone should be asexual.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
poly says her back hurts

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I think antiwork is just full of conservative hate-posters.

Yes there are fake text message exchanges that deserve mocking, but even topics like student loan debt forgiveness are half-full of dipshits making the same conservative talking points about responsibility and fairness or whatever. And these are highly voted comments.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Reddit sure is being weird and mad about people posting pictures of Iran before the 1979 revolution, I guess they just really like theocracy

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

I don't think they're mad, there was just a very samey trend of people posting "College students in Tehran before the revolution c. 1978" and it's always girls in bikinis or something, so people started parodying it. Weird maybe, but not likely politically motivated IMO.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Probably standard levels of running this thing into the ground.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

hawowanlawow posted:

Reddit sure is being weird and mad about people posting pictures of Iran before the 1979 revolution, I guess they just really like theocracy

Iranians and Muslims in general don't like it because it's a shallow way of thinking about Iran's history and the state of the country during the Shah's rule. They even make memes about it.

https://old.reddit.com/r/islam/comments/mbfseg/basically_reddit_described_in_a_picture/

The picture above seems reasonable to me. It's definitely a shallow way of looking at a country. More cleavage=more freedom!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

William Bear posted:

Iranians and Muslims in general don't like it because it's a shallow way of thinking about Iran's history and the state of the country during the Shah's rule. They even make memes about it.

https://old.reddit.com/r/islam/comments/mbfseg/basically_reddit_described_in_a_picture/

The picture above seems reasonable to me. It's definitely a shallow way of looking at a country. More cleavage=more freedom!

especially in america, home of the sexually repressed, land of Hooters

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
r/HermanCainAward taught me nurses love facebook and are pretty much the dumbest mother fuckers alive

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

its_my_birthday posted:

r/HermanCainAward taught me nurses love facebook and are pretty much the dumbest mother fuckers alive

Any credential you can imagine can be earned by a right wing American, and almost every single one is an idiot.

Doctors you can't imagine graduating med school in a million years, professors you doubt could pass a 101 class in their program, judges you couldn't trust to read your cell phone contract. MBAs who can't calculate interest.

Just thriving mountains of what you'd think was career ending incompetence.

I think maybe some of the libertarian programmers know how to program.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i believe the herman cain award is when covid deniers die of covid

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020

Sid Vicious posted:

i believe the herman cain award is when covid deniers die of covid

yeah but there's a whole genre of anti vax nurses that gets posted a lot or at least those are the ones that stick out to me when i browse it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

its_my_birthday posted:

yeah but there's a whole genre of anti vax nurses that gets posted a lot or at least those are the ones that stick out to me when i browse it

i was just letting the other guy know it sounded like they thought it might have been a legitimate award

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Sid Vicious posted:

i was just letting the other guy know it sounded like they thought it might have been a legitimate award

No I was talking about professionals in their field becoming gibbering morons who don't understand a goddamn thing to comply with their right wing ideology, of which dumbass antivax nurses are an example

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ok

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ikanreed posted:

Any credential you can imagine can be earned by a right wing American, and almost every single one is an idiot.

Doctors you can't imagine graduating med school in a million years, professors you doubt could pass a 101 class in their program, judges you couldn't trust to read your cell phone contract. MBAs who can't calculate interest.

Just thriving mountains of what you'd think was career ending incompetence.

I think maybe some of the libertarian programmers know how to program.

no programmers know how to program

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

this sounds completely accurate to me

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

it's true

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I’m a nurse and now a programmer and I don’t know how to do anything

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Mein Opa!

Butter Activities