Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for snapping when I found out that a guy saw my girlfriend naked?

quote:

My(25M) girl Lydia(23F) ... Lydia has always had trouble with being alone at night and most nights I stay on facetime with her till she falls asleep so she feels safer.

Her boyfriend sucks but uhh that's pretty not normal for a 23 year old, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Raere posted:

Her boyfriend sucks but uhh that's pretty not normal for a 23 year old, right?

Woman who isn't well-adjusted gets into relationship with a jealous, probably abusive shitlord. Tracks for me.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

DrBouvenstein posted:

A story in several parts (if it's not obvious, all posts/comments are same user):'

Posted 4 months ago:
The end of a relationship with a narcissist

Posted 3 days ago:
Can I get rabies from another person?

So yeah, when asked about leaving him 4 months ago:

In case you're wondering...yes, he is a covid denier, too:

Posted 2 days ago:
I realized yesterday that my husband has been lost to QAnon:
Nice when the trash takes itself out. OP should take out a life insurance policy on her chudsband for when he inevitably dies from this or tongue kissing everyone in the chick fil a to own the libs.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I believe some of the first symptoms would be a tingling or numbness in the limb the was bit.
(That comment was a joke, because he already acts rabid)

Blastedhellscape posted:

Since the racoon was defending itself from a dog when this absolute moron stuck his arm into the fight there's a pretty good chance it wasn't rabid, so idiot-germ-theory-disbeliever will just end up being obnoxiously smug and even more set in his beliefs when his brain doesn't swell up and kill him.
First, he would need a brain.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

r/relationships: I said that if she was a cuckold I wouldn't be.

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Jeff should make things fair by looking at the OP naked. It's the only way.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Chloe Jessica posted:

AITA for wishing my husband would get me a Christmas gift?

"Why yes, my husband has absolutely no redeeming traits. Nothing wrong with that, right?" This is one of those posts I want to believe is fake, but there have certainly been plenty of women who put themselves in similar of worse situations.

quote:

AITA for giving my coworker a fantasy novel for Secret Santa to try to broaden her horizons?

As someone who reads a lot of nerdy genre fiction I'd actually love it if someone gave me a book that was outside of my comfort zone and challanged me to read stuff from a different perspective, and if I had a workplace secret santa where I could make requests maybe I'd put that on my wishlist. "Buy me a book I'd never think to read on my own."

But giving a gift outside of someone's comfort zone when they didn't ask for that is the exact opposite and one of the biggest rear end in a top hat gift-giver moves you can make. I wonder what OP would have thought if someone had randomly given them like...Dioblo Cody's memoir or some random book on how to repair houses as a secret santa book present.

(Also I'm sure my idea of asking for a book outside your comfort zone for a secret santa would most likely result in getting some Larry the Cable Guy or Ben Shapiro book from a lot of coworkers that they most likely found in a bargain bin. Probably not the best idea unless you work with some actual book snobs who would put a little thought into it and find something interesting).

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Maybe it’s just me, but if my gf was passed out naked in the shower with no explanation or clues as to why, some other guy seeing her naked would be the exact last of my concerns

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Maybe it’s just me, but if my gf was passed out naked in the shower with no explanation or clues as to why, some other guy seeing her naked would be the exact last of my concerns

who let the cuck in, lol

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
OP reminds me of Timmy in this skit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2qNsNW2KEc

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nooner posted:

who let the cuck in, lol

who

who who who

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

My girlfriend is experiencing all sorts of unknown and so-far-undiagnosed medical troubles. Normal so far. So, I just saw red and freaked out when I realized that some guy I know may have *SEEN HER NAKED* when he tried to give her medical attention while she was passed out in the shower. That's perfectly normal, right?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Nooner posted:

who let the cuck in, lol

:mad::mad::mad:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think if he both got her something from her list and also something outside her genre preferences it wouldn't be so bad, but it's inexcusable to ignore what someone requests.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Chloe Jessica posted:

AITA for giving my coworker a fantasy novel for Secret Santa to try to broaden her horizons?
Wait, so she got some unrelated high fantasy novel because she thought the books the recipient wanted were "normal" or did she do it because they were "cringy"? Can't have it both ways.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think if he both got her something from her list and also something outside her genre preferences it wouldn't be so bad, but it's inexcusable to ignore what someone requests.

Sounds like she did just that, in addition to the book she also got requested socks (which got given away). Sounds like a "INFO" post, really needs a few more details. this lady has no social skills at all.

edit; OH GOD BABY YODA SOCKS I MISSED THAT, WHAT THE HELL

Serephina fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 14, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not letting my kid be baptized?

Way to grossly violate your wife's trust and all that, but it takes a special kind of rear end in a top hat to decide that your wife and child almost dying is actually all about you and how God wants you back in the fold.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"The books she wanted were too normie! Anyway, I bought her Star Wars socks because everyone loves Star Wars"

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Antivehicular posted:

"The books she wanted were too normie! Anyway, I bought her Star Wars socks because everyone loves Star Wars"

Also I bought the cheapest possible packaged tea that isn't Lipton.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Serephina posted:

Sounds like she did just that, in addition to the book she also got requested socks (which got given away). Sounds like a "INFO" post, really needs a few more details.

If she put half as much thought as she insists she put into it, she'd have gotten more neutral socks. Colorful fluffy socks or something. Not Star Wars socks for the person they judge as a "pumpkin spice latte and Hallmark" woman.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for destroying my friend’s manicure?

quote:

I’m a home based nail tech and one of my friends reached out to me wondering if I could do this very extravagant Christmas set. She wanted them very long, sculpted with acrylic, rhinestones, hand painted nail art, and asked if I could custom make some Christmas tree charms. The total for all this would come to around $275 and would take almost all day. I told her the price and she replied with “great, thanks!”

I was beyond excited to work on her because I love doing OTT sets and my clients rarely ask for them.

Fast forward to this afternoon, she comes to my house and I walk her to my nail table. I ended up working on her nails for five hours. After putting on her final top coat and sticking her hands under the lamp to dry, I ask if she’d like to pay with cash, card or on Venmo.

She laughed and said she thought they’d be free since we’re friends. I told her no, and that she needed to pay. She refused multiple times.

As soon as she took her hands out of the lamp, I grabbed them and my clippers and cut off most of the length, leaving them not much longer than her natural nails.

She started screaming at me and demanded I redo them. I told her no and asked her to leave. She stormed out and drove off.

All her friends are messaging me saying that I’ve ruined the event she needed the nails for and that I’m a terrible person.

I never told her that she’d be getting the set for free.

AITA??

Edit: a few of you seem confused as to how I was able to clip her nails quickly without her getting away.

these are the clippers I own and are meant for trimming down long nails very quickly and efficiently.

I also have very large hands for a woman (thanks to my Nigerian dad) and hers were a bit on the small side, so I was able to hold both her wrists in one. Yes, she did struggle.

"OK, so the price is $275."
"Sounds good, book me in!"
*does nails* "How do you want to pay?
"What? PAY????"

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Midnight Voyager posted:

If she put half as much thought as she insists she put into it, she'd have gotten more neutral socks. Colorful fluffy socks or something. Not Star Wars socks for the person they judge as a "pumpkin spice latte and Hallmark" woman.

Yea sorry I missed that teensy detail, I recant everything. What an utter failure to clear a very low giftgiving bar.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Best strategy is to wrap her in a towel, then let out one hand at a time. Make sure to give her a lot of treats after

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

haveblue posted:

Best strategy is to wrap her in a towel, then let out one hand at a time. Make sure to give her a lot of treats after
I might like that gift personally, but I don't think you should try this if it wasn't on their list.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I like to imagine that woman bug-eyed and screaming like a pug during her nail trim.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I can't imagine doing something for 5 hours that someone said yes to a price about and then not getting paid. partially loving up her nails shows restraint......

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Shoulda gotten paid up front, but NTA for doing a trim.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PetraCore posted:

Shoulda gotten paid up front, but NTA for doing a trim.

This. 5 hours goddamn

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Fil5000 posted:

Was Hugh the guy who hid under a truck to avoid talking to her

im late but yes, yes he was

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
Hugh was paraplegic and he hauled himself out of his wheelchair to get under the truck

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I’m not sure if I (24M) should make amends with my twin sister

quote:

Tl;dr: fiancé cheated, on me. Sister continued to be friends with her and even made her the maid of honor. I have since completely cut her off.

So my dad posted about this situation. I know because my friend sent it to me haha. But it got locked because he doesn’t know how to follow guidelines of subreddits. But it got me thinking and now I want to ask you guys.

So I had a fiancé (24F) and I just knew she was the woman I’d spend my life with. She was great in every way. Her and my sister clicked greatly and they became best friends, which was huge for me because my sister and I were best friends as well, so we’d go on double dates with her and her now-husband. I found out my fiancé was cheating on me and blew up on her. She cried and said the usual stuff, but I was destroyed and called off our engagement and broke up with her. She ended up getting in a relationship with her affair partner (which stands til this day). Afterwards, before I blocked my ex on everything as I simply forgot, I saw her post on facebook a picture of her new bf happily hanging out with my sister and her then-fiancé. I got angry at my sister and told her I thought it was wrong for her to do that. I know that she’s a grown woman, but I thought that she would be mad at her too, especially since we are so close (I mean, we are twins). She tried to explain to me that she loves me more than anyone, but that she cherishes her friendship with my ex and didn’t want to let either of us go. I ignored her after that and she called me. We went back and forth, her trying to plead with me and me angrily refusing to see her POV. I then told her “have fun with your new friendship. Don’t contact me again. Im done with you” and then blocked her and my ex on everything.

Since then, I’ve moved from our old apartment and have gotten a new one, and changed my number. My father and a few trusted friends have this info and have been instructed not to give it to my sister. My father had been telling me that my sister had been distraught and wanting to talk to me, but I was pretty adamant that I didn’t want to. He obliged.

Then, she called me on a new number and told me she was getting married and that she would love for me to be there. I was ecstatic at first, then I remembered my ex and asked if she and her new bf would be there, to which she replied that she was going to be a bridesmaid and that the bf would be there. I then told her that as of now, we are both only children (a little harsh but I was angry) and hung up the phone and blocked the number.

They are married now, but my dad tells me that she is visibly distressed and that he’s afraid it will take a toll on her marriage. I don’t want this to happen, but I am in no way over any of this. I still feel betrayed twice and don’t really want to see her at all. My biggest thing is that when she was cheated on by her college bf (who I became friends with), I scolded him and comforted her. But when I get heartbroken by my FIANCÉ AND SOON TO BE WIFE, she feels like it’s okay to mingle with her and the guy who helped break us up. It’s as if I don’t matter and although I love her to death, I feel a lot of hatred towards her right now.

So guys, what should I do? Should I reach out or wait until I feel better. Part of me thinks the latter, but I want to know how you guys feel.

I love how any time anyone says "I don't want to pick sides", it just means "I'm picking a side but don't want to feel bad about it"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’d love to read the dads post on it lol

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Boy there's a lot of "grow up, baby" and "YOUR SISTER COULD DIE TOMORROW AND YOU WOULD BE SAD" morons in those replies.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

What the?! What do you mean I have to lie in the bed I personally made for myself and my self alone? That's not fair! WAhh!!

Also apparently the dad posted about this on AITA and a few other places, and had his posts locked.

Here's something nice

I (34) might be a boy’s (15m) father and I’m anxious about telling my wife

quote:

(On mobile so sorry for any mistakes)

He called me last night after dinner. I thought it was honestly a prank. He mentioned his mom’s name who was my ex in highschool. And she passed away of complications from covid a few months ago. She never told him about who his dad was and his grandparents told him. He’s calling me with their permission because he apparently wanted to talk to me. I was already speechless and don’t think I reacted well to the boy. His grandma (my ex’s mom) took the phone from him and I recognized her voice. She explained some more. The fact that my ex found out she was pregnant after I broke up with her because I wanted to go to an out of state college and we didn’t want to do long distance. She said they were against it because she was still young but that’s how she wanted it. This was too much.

I didn’t want to believe it.

She told me we could get a paternity test done since I don’t believe her but I should get ready to accept that I’m his father once the results get back. This kept me up all night. My wife could tell somethings up but I haven’t had the guts to tell her yet. We’re still on the fence about having kids. If he ends up being mine then that impacts both our lives when we weren’t even sure about wanting children. A teenager isn’t a child I know but still. She deserves to know. But I can’t get the words out

Update: I (34) might be a boy’s (15m) father and I’m anxious about telling my wife

quote:

Thank you for all your helpful advice when I posted this before. It really eased my nerves about telling my wife because you’re right it’s not like I cheated and I never even knew about the kid. After I told my wife we reached out to his grandparents to arrange getting a paternity test. My wife and I talked many times even before the results came in. This was wild for her. As it was for me. But she told me if he’s my son then he needs me and she hopes I feel the same way. I do completely. Not gonna run out on the boy for my own actions. I’m glad we were on the same page about that. The fact that she told me she would’ve lost respect for me if I didn’t want to try being involved or at least support my kid was heart warming. She’s incredible.

Got the results back a couple days ago and we took a look together. I’m his father. I don’t know why but I was crying. My wife hugged me, honestly I don’t know why I did. It just hit me that I’m a father and all the time we missed together. We talked to his grandparents again and I got to talk to the boy for a minute. Mostly to tell him I’m sorry for how I initially reacted with him and that wasn’t fair to him. Kid seems really eager for us to meet (I am too), he asked me if it’s okay to call me dad and I’m like of course it is. We’re still trying to figure things out in terms of scheduling a meeting. He has my number now and he texts me everyday. Nothing in particular just to say hi . But it makes me smile and he seems like a sweet boy. My wife says he has my crooked smile. I have no idea how she’s managing this so well. I’ve been a wreck these last few days. Going from panicking “holy gently caress I have a son, what am I gonna do???” to feeling sad and guilty about missing out on his life, and then talking nonstop about little stuff he’s told me about himself so far.

I’ve even asked my wife how the heck are you so composed right now?? The following days after I told her she was distant while she tried to process it but now she’s in that let’s get down to business mode. She thinks maybe it’s just her way of still processing this. I’m so grateful I told her. Having her support has made this a lot easier

And here's something, um. It's a thing. Spoilered for incest? It's weird.
I (21F) moved in with older male colleague, dad is acting jealous and it’s extremely creepy.

quote:

I had a really strict upbringing and was never allowed to talk to or befriend males as my father would get livid over it, but recently I got a job a receptionist at this law firm and I’ve befriended a colleague.

He heard about my upbringing and apparently it reminded him of a kid he use to foster, so he offered that I could share his apartment if I pay a third of the bills (his wife use to pay a third of bills and rent but she lives away for work) so I agreed because getting some adult experience of like having a roommate would probably be a good experience.

I didn’t tell my dad he was a man because I knew he’d be angry, but when he found out he started calling me a whre and a slt and saying that I was a typical woman and that I have no loyalty to him or to our “relationship” and that I was a cheating bi*ch before he knew he was already demanding a key and the security code and calling me every hour and a half.

He tried to show up to the apartment and called my roommate a sl*t stealing pig and I’m freaked out, he seems jealous in a romantic way and it’s really weird and uncomfortable, I feel like I need some advice but I don’t know who to talk to, it’s extremely uncomfortable and I’m really worried.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Chloe Jessica posted:

Hugh was paraplegic and he hauled himself out of his wheelchair to get under the truck

:same:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i just read a 32 page Pick thread instead of sleeping and learned nothing. dear god, i hate myself

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

value-brand cereal posted:

I (21F) moved in with older male colleague, dad is acting jealous and it’s extremely creepy.

What in the actual gently caress

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for calling my sister selfish because she doesn’t let us hold or see her new baby?

quote:

So I (17F) was recently blessed with a little nephew about 3 months ago which I am so grateful for, but my sister (29F) has been off since he was born and even before then. Let me list out a few:

Prenatal:

- She didn’t want anyone to come to her prenatal ultrasounds aside from her husband (my BIL). They were fine showing us the photos from them, but she never wanted us to come. Additionally, she refused to do a transvaginal ultrasound which would have given a better view of my nephew.

- Never let us touch her belly and was constantly trying to cover it like with a pillow or her coat, especially towards the end of her pregnancy.

- She wouldn’t let us be in the delivery room. She insisted on wanting only my BIL in there. She didn’t want anyone visiting her until after my nephew was born.

- She really wanted to try a natural birth with no epidural even though she is a pretty small person. When my mom bought up trying a c-section, my sister wouldn’t listen.

- Part of me thought she was faking the pregnancy, but I did see her changing clothes or taking on and off a sweatshirt and leaning back to stretch and there was very much so a baby in there.

Baby!!

- She doesn’t want anyone around when she’s nursing aside from my BIL on occasion. He says it can be painful to her and that she’s not comfortable doing it in front of us… why? We’ve all seen boobs before. Girl… it’s literally all she has to do. Her husband changes the diapers, plays with him, and all that. She just needs to feed him.

- She lost weight pretty fast following the birth. Her stomach took like two months to return to normal, but she lost most of the baby weight pretty quick because…

- She eats like a bird. At thanksgiving, she picked at her plate and when I called her out on it, she got upset. My BIL and her went into a room away from people and he got her to eat a bit.

- She’s gross. There always seems to be spit up or milk or something on her shirt. I’ve seen her wear the same shirt days in a row. Her hair is always greasy or tangled, her hands have these bruises because she does this thing where she cracks her knuckles all the time and bends her fingers back.

- She doesn’t like anyone touching the baby. My parents can hold him and I can do, but at thanksgiving she wouldn’t allow for any of our family to hold him People are going to want to hold him and it’s a little selfish of her to not let them.

Anyways, she and my BIL let us know that she wanted to spend Christmas Eve by themselves. The whole thing just seems super selfish to me and I told her that and now she’s not texting me back. I’m worried, but mainly annoyed.

AITA for calling my sister selfish because she doesn’t let us hold or see her new baby?

EDIT: Apparently OP cut a bit out of the post......

OP posted:

"Anyways, she and my BIL let us know that she wanted to spend Christmas Eve by themselves. The whole thing just seems super selfish to me and I told her that and now she’s not texting me back. I’m worried, but mainly annoyed. To be honest, I’ve considered calling CPS a few times just to knock some reality into her and I mean if she can’t take care of herself, how is she taking care of a kid?"

Evil Willow fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Dec 14, 2021

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

kntfkr posted:

i just read a 32 page Pick thread instead of sleeping and learned nothing. dear god, i hate myself

link me because i hate myself too

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Miserable Maid posted:

I’m not sure if I (24M) should make amends with my twin sister

I love how any time anyone says "I don't want to pick sides", it just means "I'm picking a side but don't want to feel bad about it"

im in the gently caress the twin sister boat, it seems like a no brainer decision.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Evil Willow posted:

Apparently they edited this part out after immediate backlash:

"Anyways, she and my BIL let us know that she wanted to spend Christmas Eve by themselves. The whole thing just seems super selfish to me and I told her that and now she’s not texting me back. I’m worried, but mainly annoyed. To be honest, I’ve considered calling CPS a few times just to knock some reality into her and I mean if she can’t take care of herself, how is she taking care of a kid?"

Which, tbh, makes it seems like they realized they went too far with a troll story and tried to fix it up a bit. But hey who knows, they could have just thought that was a reasonable thought as long as they don't actually do it and are just extremely lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

value-brand cereal posted:

And here's something, um. It's a thing. Spoilered for incest? It's weird.

I really hope she's actually listening to the comments, because they bring up a good point. Its nice that she got away from her psycho father, but immediately moving in with an older man who "just sees her like a daughter"...

She simply jumped from one problem to another