Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Huh, looks like the Star Trek Armada games have been added to GOG.
https://www.gog.com/partner/startrek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://twitter.com/TrederiaGames/status/1462042037302272000

this game someone poster earlier is really fun, anyone who likes golf games (I do, even though I never play golf in real life and I'm not really interested) should definitely give it a try. it's pay what you want

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Just starting playing Dying Light with a buddy and we have all these overpowered weapon blueprints. At what point do these not be overpowered anymore? Are there certain DLCs we should disable to get rid of this stuff or should we just level up some more?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Just starting playing Dying Light with a buddy and we have all these overpowered weapon blueprints. At what point do these not be overpowered anymore? Are there certain DLCs we should disable to get rid of this stuff or should we just level up some more?

If it's the ones I started with, they are not quite as strong as endgame weapons. It's easy enough to just...not use them. Real runners use traps and throwables anyway.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just finished Heavenly Bodies in co-op with a friend of mine, it's local co-op only so we played over the course of a few sessions through the steam remote streaming and we seriously had a blast. The physics are hilarious and while it's pretty short (we finished in 5 hours) the missions they have you do are really fun and varied and man it was just a ton of fun to fumble our way through them. I can't recommend it enough if you have a friend to play through the co-op campaign with. There's solo stuff and I'm sure it's fine but the real meat and potatoes here is in the co-op I think.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on Endzone: A world apart? It’s in this months humble (which I canceled a few months ago). It gets decent reviews but people mentioned it can be ball crushing hard.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/933820/Endzone__A_World_Apart/

some one here gave it to me recently (sorry i dont remember who) but ive had a ton of fun with it. ive got 22 hours in it about half of that is probably in the tutorial which i took my time with. the main game mode has a difficulty option but i played my first game on normal and got about 100 seasons in before everything fell apart because i did something stupid. its a lot like Banished if youve played that but with more going on.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

GreatGreen posted:

So to get ready for Halo 5's campaign, I've decided to play all the Halo games as I've never played them before.
I'm starting with Halo 1, Master Chief Edition. Godddamn has this game not aged well.

I think I'm on the last or 2nd to last level, playing on Normal. Christ what in the ever loving difficulty spike is this? Is the game bugged or something? The most recent similar games I've played are Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal, both of which I beat on Nightmare, and Halo 1 on Normal is causing as many deaths as the new Dooms did on their hardest difficulties. However, unlike the new Dooms, Halo doesn't feel good or fair at all. The game constantly saves checkpoints with the player at 1 health pip, no resupply in sight, then forces you into chokepoints and fills those narrow hallways with exploding enemies that spawn right next to you on both sides, or rooms full of dudes who two-shot you from full health in under a second. I'm spamming grenades, backtracking, using everything at my disposal, and the game is just one bullshit unavoidable hallway explosion blender death after another. The game says it's on Normal but I've never played any game on "Normal" that felt nearly this frustrating.

Also, while I'm bitching, the plot is really, really, really stupid. "Halo: a weapon built to destroy the universe so the Flood won't destroy the universe." Wow what a great solution to that problem, guys. Nailed it. Also it seems... very strange that so much of the late game is literally just backtracking to pad content.

I know the game is like a million years old, beloved by many, and supposedly amazing at its time, but wow did the difficulty go from "fine" to "wall" in like two levels. So, you know, anybody else looking to play Halo 20 years after the fact... just be aware that if you just want to cruise through it for the story, put that poo poo on baby easy mode.

edit: yeah I'm convinced there's something weird going on. Either that or Halo's difficulty rockets up in a way no other game's does towards the end. AI is hyper aggressive and extremely competent compared to how piddly it was just a few levels ago. I'm getting sticky grenade spammed the *instant* I poke my head into rooms, enemies grenade spamming on death in very narrow hallways and choke points, I'm getting one-shot by lowest-level enemies. Something is definitely up. So, you know, heads up for anybody looking to play through HMCC on "Normal" difficulty. I did end up beating the game, but I came away thinking it was just frustrating and tedious.

That level introduces the spec ops elites and grunts, who wear black armor and indeed are a step up in difficulty. Spec ops elites in particular really love lobbing a plasma grenade at you as their opener, and spec ops grunts carry fuel rod guns which are basically the covenant equivalent of the rocket launcher.

Halo killing all sufficiently complex life is indeed kinda dumb (why couldn't you target the flood directly?) but assuming targeting the flood is impossible then it makes sense - deprive the flood of hosts so that it dies off completely and new intelligent life can rise in the galaxy again. The real dumb part was keeping samples around for research tbh. Guess they didn't expect people who couldn't read Forerunner to break into high security facilities.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 14, 2021

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Just finished Inscryption. The short version of my review is: It’s a great game and you should play it. The long version:

Part 1: The Cabin
This was amazing. The game is so fun, it’s atmospheric, the escape room part where you’re slowly accumulating resources and allies and putting together an escape plan is incredibly compelling. My only complaint about this part is that it was too short. The mechanic where after every run you make a super OP deathcard seemed really cool, but I never got the chance to play any. There were also other mysteries in the cabin that I didn’t get to solve before the escape. That’s honestly my only complaint: the fact that there wasn’t enough. 9/10

The rest of this review is mega-spoiler territory, only read it if you have completed the game.

Part 2: Inscryption
The moment when you realize that you are playing a completely different game, and then you realize that the game you have been playing this whole time is a simplified version, is mindblowing and amazing. Easily one of the best parts of the experience. The mystery aspect of the game is at its best here, as you attempt to piece together what all this is and how it came to be the thing you saw in part 1.

Sadly, the game itself is not as good. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a ton of fun. However, the mechanics that get dropped from part 1 (combining, mixing, and modifying your cards) were some of the best, while the new mechanics are relatively weak. Magnificus’s set in particular completely blows. His and Poe’s sets are extremely parasitic, in that if your deck doesn’t revolve around energy or mox then the cards that use those mechanics fall completely flat. Whenever I tried to make an energy or mox deck, I found myself asking why I wasn’t making a Leshy/Grimora deck where the creatures get stronger when you play creatures and you don’t have to manage a secondary resource. In terms of gameplay, this is the weakest part of the game. 7/10

Part 3: The Factory
This is where the game goes back to being the sort of thing you came for. It’s a return to the first-person draft-focused card game with an escape room twist. However this time it is not a roguelite and you have to manage your deck over the entire playthrough. The first 1/5 or so was marred for me by the fact that, at first, I did not understand the energy mechanic. Despite supposedly being a “new game,” part 2 never provides a tutorial for the mechanic. I assumed that you get +1 energy each turn, and if you want more you have to save it up or play a creature that generates it. Consequently I was frustrated by how weak all the creatures seemingly were and how difficult it seemed to play the more expensive ones. Eventually I realized that I was often finding myself with more energy than I expected to have and thus was not understanding the mechanic correctly, so I checked the rulebook, but that also didn’t explain it. Eventually I made an educated guess about the next most likely way for it to work and that ended up being correct. After that frustration was resolved, I really enjoyed it. Not quite as much as part 1, but that’s personal preference. The mox mechanic returned here and continued to be a real nothingburger, but at least it’s not so bad that it is actively frustrating to play like in Part 2. In terms of story, this is where the mysteries start being resolved and it really seems to be leading up to something. The sense of wonder and intrigue is not as strong as it was in part 2, but of course you can’t keep that going forever. 8/10

Part 4: The End
The ending takes a sharp turn partway through and I have extremely disparate opinions about the first and second parts of it. The deletion sequence is incredibly well done and heartbreaking. Each character has a different reaction to their situation: Grimora’s peaceful acceptance, Leshy’s meloncholic nostalgia, Magnificus’s desperate resistance. Whenever my character reached out to shake their hands, I wanted so badly to pull them out and save them. My one nitpick is that despite the game’s attempt at an explanation, it really doesn’t make any sense that Luke’s desperation to find the big secret at the core of the game would drive him to allow the files to be deleted. That’s a minor thing though. I’m a softie and I hate a sad ending, but this was incredibly well done. 9/10.

Then you see the big secret that it’s all been leading up to. Well, you don’t actually. What you get is REDACTED and static and a few disconnected scenes that make little sense based on what had happened thus far. So apparently the ending wasn’t actually an ending, it was just another part of the mystery. See, the characters and story and world I became so invested in were destroyed in service of a totally different story about Hitler and a secret Soviet code and the devil or something. So the ending isn’t actually an ending, it’s just the first in a series of clues in an ARG that points to a larger mystery that will maybe get resolved in a future game, hopefully. I think. Honestly my interest evaporated like water in a skillet once I realized how much homework I would have to do to get the ending (that isn’t really an ending!) to make sense. Here’s what really chafes me: I played Pony Island, The Hex, and now this. 5 years passed, 3 games completed, and yet apparently I need to wait even longer and potentially play a fourth game before this comes to a satisfying conclusion. What a bummer. 4/10

Overall, it was awesome and I couldn’t put it down. Though the game never quite reaches the high point it starts out at, it continues to be an absolute joy all throughout, right up to the moment you play your very last card. 8/10.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Dec 14, 2021

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

So to get ready for Halo 5's campaign, I've decided to play all the Halo games as I've never played them before.
I'm starting with Halo 1, Master Chief Edition. Godddamn has this game not aged well.

I think I'm on the last or 2nd to last level, playing on Normal. Christ what in the ever loving difficulty spike is this? Is the game bugged or something? The most recent similar games I've played are Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal, both of which I beat on Nightmare, and Halo 1 on Normal is causing as many deaths as the new Dooms did on their hardest difficulties. However, unlike the new Dooms, Halo doesn't feel good or fair at all. The game constantly saves checkpoints with the player at 1 health pip, no resupply in sight, then forces you into chokepoints and fills those narrow hallways with exploding enemies that spawn right next to you on both sides, or rooms full of dudes who two-shot you from full health in under a second. I'm spamming grenades, backtracking, using everything at my disposal, and the game is just one bullshit unavoidable hallway explosion blender death after another. The game says it's on Normal but I've never played any game on "Normal" that felt nearly this frustrating.

Also, while I'm bitching, the plot is really, really, really stupid. "Halo: a weapon built to destroy the universe so the Flood won't destroy the universe." Wow what a great solution to that problem, guys. Nailed it. Also it seems... very strange that so much of the late game is literally just backtracking to pad content.

I know the game is like a million years old, beloved by many, and supposedly amazing at its time, but wow did the difficulty go from "fine" to "wall" in like two levels. So, you know, anybody else looking to play Halo 20 years after the fact... just be aware that if you just want to cruise through it for the story, put that poo poo on baby easy mode.

edit: yeah I'm convinced there's something weird going on. Either that or Halo's difficulty rockets up in a way no other game's does towards the end. AI is hyper aggressive and extremely competent compared to how piddly it was just a few levels ago. I'm getting sticky grenade spammed the *instant* I poke my head into rooms, enemies grenade spamming on death in very narrow hallways and choke points, I'm getting one-shot by lowest-level enemies. Something is definitely up. So, you know, heads up for anybody looking to play through HMCC on "Normal" difficulty. I did end up beating the game, but I came away thinking it was just frustrating and tedious.
Halo 1 is a pretty bad game, tbh. The quality gets better for 2 and 3 - and apparently plummets again with 4.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

anilEhilated posted:

Halo 1 is a pretty bad game, tbh. The quality gets better for 2 and 3 - and apparently plummets again with 4.

How dare you erase ODST and Reach, the two best games in the series (I haven't played Infinite yet tho)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Is Kingdom: Two Crowns one of those sequels that is just better in every way or is there plenty of reason to start with Kingdom: New Lands? Both of them are in a bundle I bought for a different game.

Edit: Or even Kingdom: Classic for that reason, because that also exists I guess.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I think halo 1 got such hype because it was the first console game you could LAN 16 people into a game and it was the first console FPS that got the now-standard dual stick control scheme to be widely adopted. The game introduced console players to big FPS matches with good fluid FPS controls. LANing consoles together seems ancient now, and everyone takes dual sticks for granted, but those two things were revolutionary at the time. You gotta consider Goldeneye 64 was the console multiplayer standard up to that point.

The campaign was throwaway and boring. It got good reviews but all of the reviewers also set up big LAN games as part of their process, and I think the glow of that experience rubbed off on a mediocre campaign when it came time to do a write-up.

e: Oh also it had a dedicated grenade and melee buttons. Halo set a bunch of standards of how an FPS should control that are still in place 20 years later.

vaginite fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Dec 14, 2021

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I’ve always felt I was missing something in the Halo series, although I only played the first 3. Farting around in multiplayer was great but I couldn’t get the slightest bit invested in the story of faceless army man, matrix lady and the noble alien dudes.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Fruits of the sea posted:

I’ve always felt I was missing something in the Halo series, although I only played the first 3. Farting around in multiplayer was great but I couldn’t get the slightest bit invested in the story of faceless army man, matrix lady and the noble alien dudes.

Nah I get that. I kind of put halo with half-life: the best thing that was ever made at the time but trying to go back and play it after 20 of it’s formula being refined and iterated on is painful. And at least in my experience the multiplayer was always the thing that made people think Halo was good. The campaign was there for when the internet went out.

E: and to go forward a bit, Halo 2 was the first console FPS you could play over the internet. I think you gotta think of it in terms of these things we love today not existing until Halo introduced them, which is why they were so well liked at the time.

vaginite fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Dec 14, 2021

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

vaginite posted:

E: and to go forward a bit, Halo 2 was the first console FPS you could play over the internet. I think you gotta think of it in terms of these things we love today not existing until Halo introduced them, which is why they were so well liked at the time.

That was Q3A on Dreamcast :colbert:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SCheeseman posted:

That was Q3A on Dreamcast :colbert:

It was Doom on SNES with Xband :colbert:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Original Halo has classic levels, but the campaign as a whole is meh. The enemies always were and always will be a treat to fight compared to most shooters generic baddies that all look and act the same.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

It was Doom on SNES with Xband :colbert:

That was direct dial rather than internet-based.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

vaginite posted:

Nah I get that. I kind of put halo with half-life: the best thing that was ever made at the time but trying to go back and play it after 20 of it’s formula being refined and iterated on is painful.

I am going to disagree with this one, Half-Life's campaign is still one of all time greats.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Seems like a good deal but how is the DLC and is it worth waiting for some kind of 'complete' edition?

Mierenneuker posted:

Is Kingdom: Two Crowns one of those sequels that is just better in every way or is there plenty of reason to start with Kingdom: New Lands? Both of them are in a bundle I bought for a different game.

Edit: Or even Kingdom: Classic for that reason, because that also exists I guess.

It's been a while, but I think two crowns is the best version and has the most stuff in it. I wouldn't bother with classic. I think classic has a gameplay loop where everything basically just keeps getting harder until you will eventually lose (the challenge is to see how long you can last). Classic also has way less stuff than the other two. New Lands and Two Crowns have more of a 'campaign' type of thing where you conquer tougher and tougher places and travel to new more difficult places with new stuff (and bring some stuff along from the old place). It's been a while so it's a little hazy.

TLDR play two crowns imo.

Damn Dirty Ape fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Dec 14, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SCheeseman posted:

That was direct dial rather than internet-based.

It had a matchmaking service that dialed you to the other person, so I'm counting it

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

ZearothK posted:

I am going to disagree with this one, Half-Life's campaign is still one of all time greats.

Yeah as someone who finished both Half-Life 1 and Halo 1 years after the fact I think Half-Life aged better out of the two.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Half Life 2 was the only game to give me motion sickness. Those vehicle missions were killer.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Honestly in some ways I feel like there's ideas and parts of Half Life 2 that other games still haven't done as well.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Zurtilik posted:

Honestly in some ways I feel like there's ideas and parts of Half Life 2 that other games still haven't done as well.

One thing I would have really loved to have seen from HL3 would be a robust squad control/strategic command system, either as part of the combat or as a meta-game layer. It would be really cool to see the game gradually expand in scale and scope mechanically in the same way that it does narratively.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Original Halo has classic levels, but the campaign as a whole is meh. The enemies always were and always will be a treat to fight compared to most shooters generic baddies that all look and act the same.

Yeah, Halo 1 especially you could tell they were just throwing different sets of enemies into the same room and it was still a fun experience . Worked alright up until the flood who have always been the least interesting aspect of the halos

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Coincidentally, I'm also currently marathoning the Halo series after only playing the first one near its release (currently on Halo 4), and yeah I came away with much the same feeling on Halo 1. Quite good and revolutionary in a number of ways when it released, but holy poo poo the last third is pure tedious padding.

On the bright side, the series gets iteratively better as it goes along. Halo 2 is already a significant step up in just about every respect, and come Halo 3 they really find their groove. Depending on taste, I'd say either 3 or Reach are the best in terms of singleplayer. ODST is a fun little side story, but doesn't quite stick the landing with what it seems to be going for.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Zurtilik posted:

On the other hand, there's always at least one goon who comes out of the woodwork to shake their fist at how bad and awful Half-Life 2 was and it was never good and it was all hype.

I really have to go back and replay HL2 properly again (I got about halfway during that "remember Half-Life, Valve?" event a couple years back) because I want to try and pinpoint what it is that makes it so contentious these days. Outside of goons just being contrarians, anyway..

It's easy to say it's simply because it's a transitional state between old school shooters and modern ones, but that explanation never entirely sat well with me.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

TLDR play two crowns imo.

Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll be tackling the Kingdom games in reverse order... or just quitting at Two Crowns if I don't dig it.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Seriously digging Yacht Club's new Wario's Woods game. I went in expecting a match 3 loot box kind of thing and bought it basically to donate $20 for how much Shovel Knight paid out over the years. Turns out that even though Pocket is in the name, it's not really a mobile game. Really dumb and bad name choice.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

John Murdoch posted:

On the other hand, there's always at least one goon who comes out of the woodwork to shake their fist at how bad and awful Half-Life 2 was and it was never good and it was all hype.

I really have to go back and replay HL2 properly again (I got about halfway during that "remember Half-Life, Valve?" event a couple years back) because I want to try and pinpoint what it is that makes it so contentious these days. Outside of goons just being contrarians, anyway..

It's easy to say it's simply because it's a transitional state between old school shooters and modern ones, but that explanation never entirely sat well with me.
It's not a bad game but the vehicle sections really drag on, most of the physics stuff is very tech-demo-like, and the level design is lacking compared to HL1. I get that they wanted to lean more into real-world open spaces and convey a sense of distance, and I guess they did, but as a result it feels like there's only three or so actual tightly designed levels (Ravenholm, Nova Prospekt, Citadel) connected by very long travel sequences. Whenever I play it, I find myself looking forward to getting through the current area more often than not, whereas in HL1 I am just enjoying the moment most of the time.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Perestroika posted:

Coincidentally, I'm also currently marathoning the Halo series after only playing the first one near its release (currently on Halo 4), and yeah I came away with much the same feeling on Halo 1. Quite good and revolutionary in a number of ways when it released, but holy poo poo the last third is pure tedious padding.

On the bright side, the series gets iteratively better as it goes along. Halo 2 is already a significant step up in just about every respect, and come Halo 3 they really find their groove. Depending on taste, I'd say either 3 or Reach are the best in terms of singleplayer. ODST is a fun little side story, but doesn't quite stick the landing with what it seems to be going for.

2 is one step back, three steps forward. The open landscapes are pretty much gone and it’s a far more linear experience. 3 meanwhile brings back that Halo scale.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I despised Halo for the longest time since not only did it allow Microsoft to shoehorn themselves into the console gaming market but it and Call of Duty killed off the fast paced classic style FPS for the longest time. I hate how loving slow you move in Halo and how drat floaty the jumps are. I also hated the two weapon limit as well. I just don't really see the appeal of Halo and still refuse to buy an Xbox console to this day because of it.

EDIT: That being said, I did buy the Halo MCC and beside the terrible D-Pad, the Xbox controller is a fantastic standardized gamepad option for pc games.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 15, 2021

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

John Murdoch posted:

To be honest though, some of that stuff might just not be that attractive to gamers at large which is why there hasn't been a ton of effort to replicate it. I feel like the physics stuff you see more in things like Bethesda-type games than you do in most mainstream FPSs, for example. I feel like vehicle missions are more common in third person than first person games, at least vehicle missions of that breadth. Even when you are in a vehicle in a lot of FPS games I feel like you kind of just become to designated shooter rather than having to drive and I wonder if part of that is that driving first person while also having to wearily look around for enemies is kind of what makes the motion sickness in HL2 such a common complaint.

I'll say I don't play a TON of FPS games though, so I'm sure some goons could point out the 1,000 times I'm actually wrong. Lol.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Zurtilik posted:

To be honest though, some of that stuff might just not be that attractive to gamers at large which is why there hasn't been a ton of effort to replicate it. I feel like the physics stuff you see more in things like Bethesda-type games than you do in most mainstream FPSs, for example. I feel like vehicle missions are more common in third person than first person games, at least vehicle missions of that breadth. Even when you are in a vehicle in a lot of FPS games I feel like you kind of just become to designated shooter rather than having to drive and I wonder if part of that is that driving first person while also having to wearily look around for enemies is kind of what makes the motion sickness in HL2 such a common complaint.

I'll say I don't play a TON of FPS games though, so I'm sure some goons could point out the 1,000 times I'm actually wrong. Lol.

The physics gimmick and vehicles were what I hated about HL2 and the rest of the game didn't grab me enough to make up for that, so I never finished it, so I don't think you're entirely wrong.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Dear Steam-thread,

I am really in the mood for a good isometric RPG, preferably with turn based combat so I don't have to act quickly. Single character is prefered to a whole party. Replaying Fallout 2 without having a clue about it would be a dream come true.

Is there such a thing on Steam? Trying to find things on it is pretty impossible.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

Yours truly,
Kuule

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Play Divinity: Original Sin 2 and take the Lone Wolf trait.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
UnderRail could just be the thing for you

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I finally started Slay the Spire after being put off by its Newgrounds graphics and art design and it's really good! What a surprise! What else is out there in the deckbuilder genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Dear Steam-thread,

I am really in the mood for a good isometric RPG, preferably with turn based combat so I don't have to act quickly. Single character is prefered to a whole party. Replaying Fallout 2 without having a clue about it would be a dream come true.

Is there such a thing on Steam? Trying to find things on it is pretty impossible.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

Yours truly,
Kuule

may check out wasteland 3. Had some issues but probably the closest you can get to classic Fallout.

Baller Time posted:

UnderRail could just be the thing for you

also this. Underrail is great.