Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

TheWeedNumber posted:

link me because i hate myself too

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824031&userid=0&perpage=40&highlight=hugh&pagenumber=1 it's not that good or interesting, have fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The only way to win the posting about Pick game is to not post about Pick. I just lost, so that you have a chance to win

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Midnight Voyager posted:

Woman who isn't well-adjusted gets into relationship with a jealous, probably abusive shitlord. Tracks for me.

I tried to picture what kind of guy would both use "cuckold" unironically and also be willing to Facetime a grown rear end adult to sleep on most nights and I came up with someone with significant self-esteem issues as well.

The guy I made up in my mind in order to be mad at, is someone who, despite being a dipshit has lucked into finding someone stupid and/or unwell enough to have a relationship with and is now stuck in a relationship he is not really ready for and doesn't really want or enjoy, but feels compelled to go through the motions because he thinks or knows he won't be able to do better.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for calling my sister selfish because she doesn’t let us hold or see her new baby?

EDIT: Apparently OP cut a bit out of the post......

prenatal: 29[f] is completely normal and has healthy boundaries from an entitled and lovely family give me a better view of your baby through your vagina!

postnatal: 29[f] has boundaries from an entitled and lovely family, but also appears to be suffering from postnatal depression, possibly exacerbated by being surrounded by lovely, entitled people

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Chloe Jessica posted:

AITA for giving my coworker a fantasy novel for Secret Santa to try to broaden her horizons?

Turning your nose up at romance novels and gifting a fantasy novel instead pleases the irony gods.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Miserable Maid posted:

I really hope she's actually listening to the comments, because they bring up a good point. Its nice that she got away from her psycho father, but immediately moving in with an older man who "just sees her like a daughter"...

She simply jumped from one problem to another

Sees her like a foster kid. As in, a child you take in because of an abusive, deceased, or otherwise unsuitable home environment, in order to support them without necessarily serving as a 1:1 parent replacement.

Dude could be a total creep; she certainly has no capacity to judge that on her own and needs to find some kind of professional support, but nothing in the post suggests he’s definitively not on the level.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA For not sharing my Limb Loss Lump Sum with my mom and sister?

quote:

About 3 months ago I got an accident at work where the tip of my ring finger got amputated getting caught in the seam of a delivery truck. I received a lump sum of a little over 12.5k. Nothing too crazy. My mom now expects me to give her and my sister 1k each.. Really for no reason. I tell her that this little bit of money is literally a compensation for me for literally losing a permanent piece of my body. I've had the money for 3 days now and everytime we talk on the phone she sounds sad and mopey like something is wrong. I don't owe them anything an I feel like it's so selfish that they think they're entitled to this little bit of money.. And i an rear end in a top hat for considering saying no to her?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Tell her you'll buy the tip of her finger off her for 1000 bucks

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

When my dad died and I got his pension my grandmother on his side literally gave me a list of stuff she wanted me to buy her, everything from a new Rascal scooter to the newest iPad. She'd message me on Facebook every few months to remind me that she didn't have much time left to live and strongly hint that I should buy her those things before time ran out. She lived for 10 more years after that lol.

Some pertinent info : She used his $40k death benefit to pay for his funeral, no way in hell did it cost the entire 40k. Also I hadn't spoken to my dad in years, and I hadn't spoken to her for decades because she cut all contact from me when I was 8 for not writing a long enough thank you card for a birthday gift lmao

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

hawowanlawow posted:

he should probably go pick a fight with this guy and get his rear end kicked

Ugh! I feel like I know this guy.

My girlfriend and I lived with her best friend for several years. Together we'd go on trips all the time, and we'd often end up on beaches where people would be nude/topless (we don't live in the US). Between that, and just general living together, I had seen her naked a lot.

One day she gets a boyfriend who is a big macho dude. He is very threatened by the fact that I live with his girlfriend, and when she wasn't around he'd ask me weird questions about completely dumb stuff. He straight out asked me if I hosed her, and when I told him no he just gave me a sarcastic look and said "Suuuuuuuure...." and then went on to imply that I must be gay, because I didn't blow up my life cheating on my girlfriend with her best friend in the same loving house.

He'd then ask all sorts of other questions in order to 'prove' that I must have done something with his girlfriend in the years before they even met.
"Did you ever fall asleep on the couch at the same time?"
"You stayed at her parent's house, when you visited her family? You all slept in the SAME ROOM?"

One night we're all at a bar together playing foosball. She is wearing some low-cut top and everytime I am on the opposite side of the table the boyfriend keeps insinuating that I'm trying to glance at her tits. I keep telling him I'm trying to focus on the stupid drunken foosball game and to leave me the hell alone. He then insists that I would do ANYTHING for a chance at seeing her naked, until I finally snap and shout at him that I don't need to sneak a glance down her shirt, I've seen her naked hundreds of times over the years and I don't need to get into a fight to catch a split second glance of sideboob.

He swings a punch at me and I dodge and he hits some random guy in the back of the head and then gets into a big fight with this dude he never met and gets us all thrown out of the bar after smashing a whole shelf of bottles. I am not a ninja who can dodge punches, he was just that belligerently drunk that I think he still might have hit the other guy even if I stood still.

They're married with kids nowadays.

Mr. Grapes! fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 14, 2021

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

TheWeedNumber posted:

link me because i hate myself too

Oh poo poo I thought they were referring to this thread

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for snapping when I found out that a guy saw my girlfriend naked?

I've got some bad news for this rage elemental about the sex of some of the nurses in the hospital who might see her naked too, depending on how sick she is.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Vim Fuego posted:

who

who who who

:golfclap:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Mx. posted:

AITA For not sharing my Limb Loss Lump Sum with my mom and sister?

12 grand for losing the tip of your ring finger? Anyone got a guillotine? No win no fee on these kinda things right?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Midnight Voyager posted:

Boy there's a lot of "grow up, baby" and "YOUR SISTER COULD DIE TOMORROW AND YOU WOULD BE SAD" morons in those replies.

I don't know if it was that way before, but if you look now the top comments are all universally supporting OP and condemning the sister.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Oh,kids.

Gave my (20f) boyfriend(20m) an ultimatum and he didnt chose me

quote:

We have been togheter for 4 years now, I never really liked his childhood friend Amelia because she is that kind of friend who is always out of line. Whenever I had a problem with Amelia saying/doing/posting something he told me I was crazy for thinking that Amelia was out of line. I dropped the issue since I really thought I was overreacting.Turns out a friend of Amelia got a girlfriend, and the girlfriend didn't like the way Amelia acts with her bf, basically the same issues as me.
When we were talking over the phone we had a conversation about what happened with amelia and the other friend, and I started questioning if I was really overreacting I had an issue with her, because how is it possible that 2 people had the exact same issue with her. I told my bf that I am not crazy about Amelia as he said and that he should set boundaries with her and take a step back on the friendship with her (temporary) or he could take a step back in our relationship. He said I was being unfair and that he didn't want to loose Amelia's friendship but he didn't want to breakup. I told him that response was enough for me and hung up. We have not talked since.
So I guess that he is my ex bf now
I dont know how to feel or how to proceed for the next days, I feel hurt and sad. I have been with him for 4 years and he couldn't decide between a friend he sees once a month and just hangs out with or me who he sees frequently and knows him and helped him through his issues.
I guess I am just asking how to get over this breakup because I really thought he was the one, how do I make the sadness go away?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Woodchip posted:

Oh,kids.

Gave my (20f) boyfriend(20m) an ultimatum and he didnt chose me

quote:

how is it possible that 2 people had the exact same issue with her

well at least they're watching bad tv shows and breaking up with their boyfriends instead of watching Fox news and goose stepping

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

He sees her once a month and you're losing your mind (and relationship) over it?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

ilmucche posted:

He sees her once a month and you're losing your mind (and relationship) over it?

"She would post pictures of them on social media an captioned on things like "my only love", ""we look like a couple here" or any romantic quote. Everytime I was around she would sit on his lap, or if we had a date she gets mad and starts sending messages like "why you didn't come to see me?" or "your girlfriend doesn't let you come huh?", or "why you spend so much money on her?, you should see me I am your friend" wich was really annoying but he said that it is just the way she is."

yeah dunno why the op didn't add that to the op but no one here seems very bright.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Whorelord posted:

"She would post pictures of them on social media an captioned on things like "my only love", ""we look like a couple here" or any romantic quote. Everytime I was around she would sit on his lap, or if we had a date she gets mad and starts sending messages like "why you didn't come to see me?" or "your girlfriend doesn't let you come huh?", or "why you spend so much money on her?, you should see me I am your friend" wich was really annoying but he said that it is just the way she is."

yeah dunno why the op didn't add that to the op but no one here seems very bright.

hmm yeah that would be a good thing to put in the op

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Whorelord posted:

Lol that seems like super relevant information to have left out. I stand corrected

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Whorelord posted:

I was expecting this from "Turns out a friend of Amelia got a girlfriend, and the girlfriend didn't like the way Amelia acts with her bf, basically the same issues as me". What's that saying about girls with no female friends again?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Limb Loss Lump Sum

mods plz

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

at bank, lost fingat

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

ilmucche posted:

I’m still stuck on “he couldn’t choose between a friend he sees once a month and me.” He very clearly managed to do just that, lady.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hellblazer187 posted:

I don't know if it was that way before, but if you look now the top comments are all universally supporting OP and condemning the sister.

Seems a theme where a bunch of lovely idiots supporting the obvious rear end in a top hat get in early but get downvoted to oblivion. One upside of the reddit model maybe.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Seems a theme where a bunch of lovely idiots supporting the obvious rear end in a top hat get in early but get downvoted to oblivion. One upside of the reddit model maybe.

Yeah, sometimes it takes a bit for the comments to stabilize to a sensible equilibrium. Sometimes it's just lovely Reddit it's getting their first before a critical mass is reached. Sometimes it :decorum: poisoning. A lot of redditors seem particularly bad at comprehending nuances of human interaction and rely on a couple bright line rules that can never be crossed. For example redditors go ballistic of snooping through phones regardless of context. Or "you can never out someone even if they're sexually harassing you" is another one I've seen pop up in the initial wave of reactions.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for snapping when I found out that a guy saw my girlfriend naked?

Years ago I was at the beach with my then-girlfriend (now ex-wife), her best friend Sara, and Sara's new boyfriend Todd. We didn't realize until we were already in the water that the current was particularly strong and eventually Sara went down hard and got caught in the undertow. This tiny 4'11" woman just disappeared under the water so I reached down, grabbed her as hard as I could, and started pulling backwards while my ex tried to help. During this Sara lost her top but neither of us even noticed, she was coughing and had obviously swallowed water, we just wanted to drag her further from the surf. Well Todd saw she was topless and lost his loving mind, awkwardly trying to push me while screaming but his feet kept getting stuck in the sand as the water was going in and out. Meanwhile Sara is literally vomiting water and now people are starting to crowd around as Todd keeps repeating "I KNEW YOU WANTED TO gently caress HER" even though I just met the guy for the first time an hour ago. He finally ended up getting arrested for punching the lifeguard in the side of the head when the guy tried to put a towel around Sara's shoulders. I honestly can't remember what happened to him after that.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Years ago I was at the beach with my then-girlfriend (now ex-wife), her best friend Sara, and Sara's new boyfriend Todd. We didn't realize until we were already in the water that the current was particularly strong and eventually Sara went down hard and got caught in the undertow. This tiny 4'11" woman just disappeared under the water so I reached down, grabbed her as hard as I could, and started pulling backwards while my ex tried to help. During this Sara lost her top but neither of us even noticed, she was coughing and had obviously swallowed water, we just wanted to drag her further from the surf. Well Todd saw she was topless and lost his loving mind, awkwardly trying to push me while screaming but his feet kept getting stuck in the sand as the water was going in and out. Meanwhile Sara is literally vomiting water and now people are starting to crowd around as Todd keeps repeating "I KNEW YOU WANTED TO gently caress HER" even though I just met the guy for the first time an hour ago. He finally ended up getting arrested for punching the lifeguard in the side of the head when the guy tried to put a towel around Sara's shoulders. I honestly can't remember what happened to him after that.

So you're saying he got instantly angry?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My dad has this story about being a kid and a woman losing her top in the waves in Rockaway and he helped her look for it while it was tied around his ankle.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

kdrudy posted:

So you're saying he got instantly angry?

Pretty sure if this was Fightman, he would've gotten his rear end kicked by the OP, then the lifeguard, then his 4'11 girlfriend, the ocean, a passing flock of seagulls, and some random children on the boardwalk.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for being angry that my Boyfriend got my name tattooed on him?

quote:

So today is my 30th birthday (woooooo) and my boyfriend of 2 years revealed my birthday gift, a brand new fresh tattoo on his hip, my name with flower petals around it, I was honestly angry about this, both of us have tattoos so it's not the fact he got ink that is whatever, but my name...I have no idea why he'd do this without consulting me and making sure i'm ok with it, i've always thought name tattoos (excluding your children) are tacky at best and at worst look like you've been branded. He doesn't understand why i'm unhappy and people are telling me to just accept the romantic gesture for what it is, but I just can't believe he'd get something permanent like this done without checking...

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I'm sure these guys just really care about their gf's privacy and aren't just upset someone saw their "property."

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Grimdude posted:

I'm sure these guys just really care about their gf's privacy and aren't just upset someone saw their "property."

thats exactly what it is, the guys are reacting in a hypersensitive way to the perceived disrespect of making a move on his woman/property

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Soylent Pudding posted:

Yeah, sometimes it takes a bit for the comments to stabilize to a sensible equilibrium. Sometimes it's just lovely Reddit it's getting their first before a critical mass is reached. Sometimes it :decorum: poisoning. A lot of redditors seem particularly bad at comprehending nuances of human interaction and rely on a couple bright line rules that can never be crossed. For example redditors go ballistic of snooping through phones regardless of context. Or "you can never out someone even if they're sexually harassing you" is another one I've seen pop up in the initial wave of reactions.

To be fair, the very top comments WERE perfectly fine, but there was just a gross number of lovely ones in cursory glance range too. It does look much better now.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Nobody touches her boobs but me!

What's CPR?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Brawnfire posted:

Nobody touches her boobs but me!

What's CPR?

Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation. Done to the tune of "Stayin' Alive".

AITA for telling my friend that we're not throwing her a second bachelorette?

quote:

My friend "Lucy" got married in late 2019. I was one of the bridesmaids, with another good friend of ours serving as MOH. There were 4 other bridesmaids as well. Early on, Lucy told us she wanted to do a girls weekend getaway for her bachelorette. At first she picked an affordable getaway but then changed her mind and picked another spot, for a longer period of time. It was going to cost a lot of money to attend, not to mention fell during a time some had to work. The MOH and I managed to get the money and take time off work, the rest of the bridal party said that it was either take off time and spend money on the trip or the wedding. Lucy agreed obviously the wedding was more important and just the three of us went on her bachelorette. We had a really fun time but my friend did keep saying she wished everyone else was there. Understandable.

Other important factors: we all spent a decent amount of money to attend this wedding. Lucy lives in a different state than most of her bridal party, only one bridesmaid was local to her. We were spending money on flights, Air B&Bs, the dresses, hair, nails, makeup, gifts for her, etc. Not to mention, all of us took time off work. And I don't regret it, it was a super fun wedding and I'm glad I was there to support my friend.

Shortly after she returned from her honeymoon, Lucy started hinting at a "redo" for her bachelorette stating that it sucked not everyone came. We all said we didn't have the money or the PTO at the moment. Myself and the other bridesmaids-in private-at various points agreed we really had no desire to throw her a second bachelorette. The topic was dropped for a bit when everything happened around the world, but occasionally, Lucy would bring up that we needed to have that bachelorette once everything cooled down. We all just ignored it.

Things are doing better now, all of us are completely vac'd. This time, the MOH ended up contacting us, wanting to set up a second bachelorette. All of us were honest, most of us are recovering financially from the past couple of years (two girls lost their jobs, my husband lost his so I was the sole breadwinner for awhile, we're just now recovering from all of that) and given how much we already spent on the wedding, it's just not practical for us to throw her a second. We said maybe we could all have a smaller reunion in 2022 but nothing like she desires (she wanted us to go back to the same expensive spot). I guess MOH reported this to Lucy, who shared she was really disappointed that she didn't get a "proper bachelorette" even though she's been married now for 2 years. I told her that she was being a little greedy. She had a fabulous wedding, bachelorette party, bridal shower and engagement celebration (not all of us attended all events, but they were still thrown). At this point, we don't owe her another lavish trip.

She and the MOH are upset with us, saying we're making Lucy out to be a burden. AITA?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gonna have to get divorced if you want to do it again, sorry

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

thats exactly what it is, the guys are reacting in a hypersensitive way to the perceived disrespect of making a move on his woman/property

I kinda take the view that what's actually going on is that these people are just constantly looking for a confrontation of some sort because threatening violence and 'winning' is the only way they feel can validate their existence.

The threat isn't the 'move on woman', the threat in both stories is that some other man just became the hero of their story and they can't stand that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation. Done to the tune of "Stayin' Alive".

Thanks...