Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Arrived home from work to find an.unexpected box!

And inside,

some boardgame component bowls (which fold flat) that I'd already been eyeing off in a store, and a cool dice case with matching tray!

Thanks LR TGSS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

And inside,

some boardgame component bowls (which fold flat) that I'd already been eyeing off in a store, and a cool dice case with matching tray!

Thanks LR TGSS!

Oh neat, something I didn't know I always wanted.

What's the flip top one with the grid for

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
That's the dice case - it has that foam, and a few layers of firmer foam without holes that can be cut to fit other dice (I think)!

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Holiday joy arrived at my doorstep today!

This delightful wolf...fox...thing just screams "HOLIDAY JOY IS MANDATORY!!!!" What's inside, you ask?

My Santa certainly delivered! My gaming crew had just been discussing how we'd like to pick up Gloomhaven again! And what is that next to it?

A neat tiny dungeon-crawler! This should be fun to pack on my trips.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

LR5 gift deployed!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Tracking advises that LR object has arrived to target, but no contact to confirm.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Dec 13, 2021

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

LR4 gift deployed!

There's a chance half of it won't arrive in time because some companies don't believe in shipping estimates.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

And inside,

Thanks LR TGSS!

I chose well then :v:

A box from Milsims arrived on my door today, the same time my box from Milsims to UrbanLabyrinth was delivered per tracker notification, and I momentarily paniced thinking they had accidentally mailed it to the billing address.

Fortunately it was weird coincidence, and instead I got two whole armies of awesome 15mm WW2 mans to paint and play with, thanks Santa!

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

The Bloop posted:

A golden bubble pack arrived in the mail today.

. . .

Thank you, mysterious benefactor goon

Yay they finally arrived!

Shoutout to our fellow Goon that runs the Unnatural One Etsy store. He was super easy to shoot ideas back and forth with and even bumped me the top of the priority list to ensure it got sent out in time.

I didn't know you'd be getting bonus die and hamsas, that rules. The big-dice box is intended to be done up as a hi-viz vest, hence the color and orange strip going down the middle.

I had asked if he could 3D print some tiny hard hats and put them in there but the color we were running with is too opaque for that work.

Hope you enjoy them, and if they ever roll under a couch or something they should be extremely easy to locate!

edit-
Oh, by the way, per Unnatural One: "It also has fluorescence under UV (doesn't glow in the dark and despite my phone it's actually glowing yellow)"

Maybe one a once-over with a Geiger counter on these things. They apparently defy the capability of cameras to capture their true image.

Wrr fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 13, 2021

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

Aggro posted:

My holiday cheer arrived earlier this week but I finally had a chance to sit down and unbox!

I’ve played a lot of Splendor on Steam, so I’m stoked to have a physical copy that I can bring as a palate cleanser on game night. I dig a game that seems simple, but can get surprisingly cut throat.

Thanks Santa Goon!

Hey, glad you like it! I looked for some good dexterity-y games but I couldn't find anything that wasn't stinking Pre-Order or out of stock, they're big this year! I'm also in awe at the size of that lad, the copies they have at my walmart are like the size of a hardcover book.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

My lightning round is severely stressing me out, it STILL hasn't shipped (I am never touching Etsy for time sensitive materials again for as long as I live), so if I don't get a shipping notification by tomorrow, my Santee is gonna get a gift certificate for Miniature Market as an apology. I'll still let the package ship and not demand a refund or anything, think of it as a bonus for your bonus, but I'm not holding my breath it'll arrive on time. This is seriously Grinching my holiday. :\

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Glad you like everything! Managed to find JotL for half off so Tin Helm found it's way into the box too :toot:

Wolf fox thing is correct - she lays like that a lot when I'm working on minis, on her side, legs fully stretched, mouth open, one wild eye staring directly at me.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

Hey, glad you like it! I looked for some good dexterity-y games but I couldn't find anything that wasn't stinking Pre-Order or out of stock, they're big this year! I'm also in awe at the size of that lad, the copies they have at my walmart are like the size of a hardcover book.

It is an unnecessarily large box for sure! The whole game fits easily in a box the size of like, Skull.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Round 5 cheer deployed - no gift options for the third time running but this one should be Very Obvious...

ETA is December 21st so riding the deadline. Goonspeed, little gift.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Aggro posted:

It is an unnecessarily large box for sure! The whole game fits easily in a box the size of like, Skull.

YOU ARE HUGE

THAT MEANS YOU HAVE

uh

Pretty self-contained guts in a very wide space.

Huh.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
LR 5 gift sent off. 1 package will arrive this Thursday and the other one says 2 to 3 business days via Royal Mail so we will see. Hopefully both arrive Thursday

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Lightning Round 5 gift ordered. ETA is December 21st, so hopefully it doesn't get delayed.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Thank you Chekans316!

I love the bony Boi and I love the book! I'll start reading this tomorrow 😍

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
An enormous (but suspiciously lightweight) box showed up on my doorstep today.

Inside were two much smaller gift bags.

and within those were much smaller boxes...

and in those were some sweet pieces of terrain! Yay!
'

Thank you Ibntumart!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Bucnasti posted:

An enormous (but suspiciously lightweight) box showed up on my doorstep today.

Inside were two much smaller gift bags.

and within those were much smaller boxes...

and in those were some sweet pieces of terrain! Yay!
'

Thank you Ibntumart!

Glad you like them! There was a bewildering world of terrain available I swear didn’t exist back in my (2nd and 3rd edition) 40K days. Also this is part one...part two will arrive when FedEx decides to drop it off (hopefully by Wednesday though).

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Shout out to my secret santagoon for this

Can't wait to add it in to our next game session. At some point my work will calm down and we will get it on the table!!

I'm so excited but loving nervous for my people to get their gifts. Like...
This is such a cool thing. The secret Santa. Exciting but nerve racking

Edit: I dont think my pic worked again, it's the Moore expansion for Viticulture!!

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 14, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Can't wait to add it in to our next game session. At some point my work will calm down and we will get it on the table!!

Edit: I dont think my pic worked again, it's the Moore expansion for Viticulture!!

When you upload a pic to Imgur, the URL in the address bar is the URL of that page, not of the pic. You gotta click the pic to get its url, thusly:

also not sure if this is part 2 of your main round, or a quick delivery of your LR5 present!

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Leperflesh posted:

When you upload a pic to Imgur, the URL in the address bar is the URL of that page, not of the pic. You gotta click the pic to get its url, thusly:

also not sure if this is part 2 of your main round, or a quick delivery of your LR5 present!

It's part 2 of the main round.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gaghskull posted:

It's part 2 of the main round.

Hooray!

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

According to tracking my santee received their gift a week ago. I didn't see anything posted here though - I hope a porch pirate didn't make off with their gift!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
All cheer has been deployed as of this morning, please update the spreadsheet of holiday merriment

The other part of Rid's gift is still in the missing void of international shipping. Amazon.de says delivered by 21 Dec but there is no actual tracking I can access. C'mon reindeer, don't let me down!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

There was a package in my mailbox! Apparently it's been there for a few days, because the carrier hand delivered my mail yesterday due to a certified letter and the day before was Sunday. I must've just missed it in the mailbox Saturday.

Oh, Q was involved. Nevermind, he probably just sent it backwards through time to gently caress with me and my Santa. Through Q all things are possible, so jot that down.

Inside was a super nice leather case full of...

Metal dice with white faces and rainbow trim!

The camera doesn't really do justice the how bright the edges are and how the color shifts in the light. They're super cool!

Thanks, Gau!

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Tiny Chalupa posted:

protip: right click on the image and choose "copy image address" to get the url of the image for the BBcode. Thats how I do it on imgur.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

It's a bonemas miracle! :black101:

Thanks Bone Lord, Lord of Bones!

I totally missed this post. That was me. :v:

Hope you like them! I have no drat clue what's what in AoS.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Main round gift is finally marked as shipped with a delivery date of the 18th, I'll keep an eye on it and send something faster if it gets waylaid before the due date.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

InternetJunky posted:

According to tracking my santee received their gift a week ago. I didn't see anything posted here though - I hope a porch pirate didn't make off with their gift!

Sent you an e-mail with a link to your Santee's post! :)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Rhjamiz posted:

I totally missed this post. That was me. :v:

Hope you like them! I have no drat clue what's what in AoS.

Neither do I! I just wanted skeleton and to use them vs my friend's orks or stormcasts (fantasy orcs or space marines)

Seems they're useful as heck too

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Oooh, look what came in the mail for me today:

Gift included:
1. Absolutely awesome leather dice bag
2. 3 mini painting brushes
3. A really nice set of D&D dice
4. 3 mini paints
5. A fantastic blue dragon miniature
6. A large and invaluable gemstone (not pictured, it's already in my safety deposit box at the bank)

This is exactly what I needed to get me back into mini painting, plus no home is complete without a set of dice. You are awesome Santa and this couldn't have been a better gift!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Got two boxes!

First box:

Better "Wach" out, there's a spooky ghost!

Second box:

This time it's a spooky scary skeleton. And a spooky scary agony uncle!

I think these are different santas, since they have different order numbers, but I don't know. So thank you, Santa or Santas! I am going to have one heck of a famous bench for any undead team between these and Hedningen's Franky!

I still don't get this running joke thing, but I'm guessing it has to do with undead and nature. Un-natural?

I'm also not sure if that Heresy Rising book earlier was part of this or not.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I got another gift! Double lucky day for me!

I've never heard of this before, which is awesome! Doing some research online it looks like this is the fourth edition of a RPG from the early 90s that leans into horror in the draining, unsettling form rather than goofy fun jumpscares with werewolves. I'm very excited to read this, because it seems like exactly the kind of thing that will be a fascinating book to peruse even if I never get to play it.

Plus, look at this artwork! It's like if Guillermo del Toro did the concept art for Bloodborne.

This picture isn't upside-down, it's like that in the book. Stylistic as all heck. I'm getting flashbacks to reading Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark under my blanket when I was 10 years old.

Thanks so much, Scary Santa!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

rydiafan posted:

Hmm, this could be your main, first, fourth, or fifth round gift(s). I hope someone will let me know!

thegodofchuck posted:

Got two boxes!

Similar situation here!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

rydiafan posted:

I got another gift! Double lucky day for me!

I've never heard of this before, which is awesome! Doing some research online it looks like this is the fourth edition of a RPG from the early 90s that leans into horror in the draining, unsettling form rather than goofy fun jumpscares with werewolves. I'm very excited to read this, because it seems like exactly the kind of thing that will be a fascinating book to peruse even if I never get to play it.

Plus, look at this artwork! It's like if Guillermo del Toro did the concept art for Bloodborne.

This picture isn't upside-down, it's like that in the book. Stylistic as all heck. I'm getting flashbacks to reading Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark under my blanket when I was 10 years old.

You are very welcome sir! That is the first bonus round btw

That is the 1st RPG I ever played and even 20 some years later I vividly recall some amazing campaigns I played with just really indepth crazy things that occurred and legit character growth

I was so nervous picking that out for someone so I'm glad your digging the artwork! Really a great dark setting

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

thegodofchuck posted:

Got two boxes!

Better "Wach" out, there's a spooky ghost!

It's two different Santa's! There's another part that's coming later.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I was so nervous picking that out for someone

I can totally understand. This seems to be very boundary-pushing and not for everyone. That said, I like they way they handle it. I actually captured part of the section about the social contract in my last photo above, where they talk about having a safe word/signal, and the players giving the GM a confidential list of triggering topics that are off limits. It allows for challenging content without making an unpleasant situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Alrighty, updates!

My Santee's package has arrived as of yesterday according to USPS.

My own gifts have arrived!

Junior inspector Shifu is busy inspecting all the closets in our new house for the millionth time, now that he's pretty sure the ceiling fans aren't after him. I had to bring packages to senior inspector Po, who I guess will get to it someday.

Somehow a note that is both very revealing but also mysterious. Love the owl paper!

Since the big day is quite near and it will be the first time babies can help tear things apart, I'll be holding off on opening them until Xmas. Thanks very much to my Santa. One is almost certainly a movie, which I look forward to inflicting on/delighting my family.

Merry Goonmas, Goons and all!