Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Juche Couture posted:

Regardless of everything else loathsome about him, the fact Starmer didn’t even try to extract any concessions in exchange for supporting the plan B vote tells you everything about his political nous.

Sorry, I’m ‘on one’ today. It makes me anxious to even post about covid cause I don’t want to express myself poorly (more than usual).

:justpost:

It's ok, honestly

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ro5s posted:

Edinburgh seems really booked up, best I could get is the middle of january.

Check again in a week - there's lots of scrambling going on at the moment to open up more capacity, so a lot more slots might be available by then.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I need to cancel my first booster appointment, as my local authority texted me and I got an appointment two days earlier and about five minutes away. Score!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

peanut- posted:

An acquaintance of mine has been in an (NHS) hospital for two weeks now while they fix the complete gently caress-up a private hospital made of his gall bladder removal.

It's cool that the privatised side of our health system gets to just wash its hands of all its mistakes and difficult treatments and let the NHS deal with it.

You could say it is…galling.

It does suck. I was wondering about making private hospitals pay for post-op NHS care if needed but it would just incentivise them to leave anything remotely tricky to the NHS.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

therattle posted:

You could say it is…galling.

It does suck. I was wondering about making private hospitals pay for post-op NHS care if needed but it would just incentivise them to leave anything remotely tricky to the NHS.

They already do this (leave the complicated stuff to the NHS).

Also if they were forced to treat the complications they would just bill the patients/insurance and you know how that's going to end.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1470668693583667200
:chloe:

"Ironic pedophiles" is like "ironic nazis", you get enough of them in one place and suddenly it turns out that half of them aren't ironic.

what dreams it is he thinks he's crushing?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Wait I thought it was antisemitic to say antisemitism wasn’t a problem particular to Labour

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
There's some loving magnificently joined-up thinking going on here. For some reason all of the vaccination sites in Tower Hamlets have stopped using the RVS for volunteer stewards in favour of using their own volunteering organisation[1] so I decided, because I feel like getting on the train to go volunteer in Hackney or Lewisham is kinda counterproductive, to sign up. They've got a big page begging for more volunteers urgently because they're so short-staffed, I go through the sign up process... and get told I'll need an enhanced DBS check. Also this check will take over 6 weeks. I mean I sort of get that the organisation generally - which does do work in schools and hospitals - would need that sort of cover, but this is to point at loving chairs in a pharmacy, something I've been managing to do for almost a year without noncing anybody.

Oh well, looks like I'll be taking my elite asking-people-to-put-their-masks-on skills to Homerton or New Cross, and the borough of my birth will be deprived of the best natural-born teller-of-people-their-ten-minutes-is-up-and-they-can-go they ever had.

[1] Now I don't want to say this was a result of the mutiny that I and another RVS volunteer led at the Mile End Art Pavilion site against the absolutely ridiculous check-in system they had that meant elderly and vulnerable people were queuing up outdoors in the pissing rain while dozens of chairs went unused inside, or the blazing row I had at another site with a supervisor who wanted me to tell people to just leave after five minutes because they couldn't be bothered getting more chairs for the post-jab waiting area, but I really don't have the highest opinion of that lot. They *do* get some very nice jackets though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Noxville posted:

Wait I thought it was antisemitic to say antisemitism wasn’t a problem particular to Labour
When McDonnell says there are antisemites in Labour and they need to be dealt with swiftly, that's proof that Labour is institutionally antisemitic, when Starmer says you just have to believe him that there aren't, that's proof that it isn't.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

but this is to point at loving chairs in a pharmacy, something I've been managing to do for almost a year without noncing anybody.
Another Baddiel dream crushed.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I need to cancel my first booster appointment, as my local authority texted me and I got an appointment two days earlier and about five minutes away. Score!

Similar thing happened to me this morning. Finally got the website to load to book an appointment in early Jan, and then got a text from my GP letting me book one for next Tuesday.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Within minutes of each other I got an email from North London NHS asking me to volunteer at their reopening mass centres, a text from RVS telling me they desperately need volunteers for shopping for people isolating, and a ping from the NHSBT app telling me they need my blood as soon as possible. Beginning to think I might need to get an agent to handle all of this demand.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
You could go freelance chair shuffler. People pay a lot for interior design.

Where have all these chairs been this whole time anyway? How many un sat upon chairs are there in the UK?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Where have all these chairs been this whole time anyway? How many un sat upon chairs are there in the UK?

Dear DWP
Some people on benefits have too many chairs.
I suggest a chair tax.
Yours sincerely
A Gammon.

(That'll stop 'em watching their 55" plasma screen tvs)

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Tried to go to a walk in for a booster today, the bristol one was totally overwhelmed. Got there about 0840 for a 0900 open, Waited for 90 mins before the volunteers walked around and told us that we were past the cutoff for the morning, and that we weren’t even guaranteed a spot in the afternoon. They had 6 jabbers and were managing about 100 jabs per hour, which is quite impressive! Unfortunately I had 3-400 people in front of me and had to get to work.

I have one booked on the 30th anyway so no huge problem.

I felt awful for the volunteers as they are obviously under a lot of pressure, but luckily everyone I saw in the queue was patient and friendly

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Dear DWP
Some people on benefits have too many chairs.
I suggest a chair tax.
Yours sincerely
A Gammon.

(That'll stop 'em watching their 55" plasma screen tvs)

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

When McDonnell says there are antisemites in Labour and they need to be dealt with swiftly, that's proof that Labour is institutionally antisemitic, when Starmer says you just have to believe him that there aren't, that's proof that it isn't.

Can't be antisemitic if you've already purged the party of Semites! :thunk:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I don't move the chairs, I just point at them. I got told off for moving them once. The most important thing I've been allowed to change the layout of was the positioning of the emergency Mars Bars in the first-aid post at The Valley, because some idiot had left them on the windowsill.

As to where they come from - there are *loads* of spare chairs, probably enough to constituted a surfeit, thanks to social distancing. If you go poking around the storage room of anywhere that has a lot of chairs you'll find huge teetering piles of them.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

I took a wheelchair-bound friend for their booster a while ago, moved so many fucken chairs :anarchists:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Triple-jabbed for freshness

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

SpicePro posted:

My Dad emailed me yesterday to brag about not getting any vaccination for covid or for flu and that he caught covid and it wasn't that bad.

I just want to email back 'you are a oval office' 10,000 times then log off but I realise this is a waste of my time and energy.

If he caught OG covid and that's his only protection he is going to be pretty at risk from Omicron.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
The UK has kept a national strategic chair reserve since the 50s that can be deployed at a moments notice in the event that a soviet attack took out all our park benches

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

lmao what on earth

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1470772284742946833?s=20

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

ro5s posted:

Edinburgh seems really booked up, best I could get is the middle of january.

Ocean Terminal had some places just open up for after 6pm on 31st of December. Not many left though...

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

sebzilla posted:

Triple-jabbed for freshness

triple-jabbed chips

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Wes Streeting being wrong on every conceivable count other than us not literally living in the 1930s.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

The UK has kept a national strategic chair reserve since the 50s that can be deployed at a moments notice in the event that a soviet attack took out all our park benches

It's true, I have at least ten chairs in my shed for no discernable reason given only three people live in my house and we have no space for that many guests. But they're there, in case of emergency.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Lovely chat with my schizophrenic friend, I didn’t know about the immortal parasites in the vaccine, or the self-replicating graphene oxide. It’s turned everyone’s blood into a superconductor, and the booster is a stimulant to make the graphene oxide line up in your blood. Sometime between now and 2030, probably in 2025, there’s going to be a massive solar event, and then it’ll happen. What’ll happen, I asked?

“I think everyone who’s had the vaccine will drop dead on the spot.”

Evidence:
- a 1963 film called Omicron about parasites being in your blood
- that Omicron game with David Bowie someone posted recently
- see the government having parties and that? That’s because they know there’s not a virus. When Boris claimed he had it that’s because they were testing a method to remove the parasites from his blood.
- another name for a solar flare is a coronal mass ejection, you can’t tell me that’s a coincidence
- for the past two years there’s been explosions all over the world, they make a pattern to send a message to space (not sure how this is connected, didn’t want to interrupt)

This is all very entertaining until he says “…anyway Jesus and the devil say I need to kill you, so…” and pulls out his big knife.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

feedmegin posted:

If he caught OG covid and that's his only protection he is going to be pretty at risk from Omicron.

CNN interviewed some dude who was unvaccinated and in hospital with covid. At first you were like "lol you dumbass" and then they reveal it's his second time in the hospital with covid. Dude literally got it the first time and went "vaccines? for pussies" then got owned again.

Not that I want to defend that oval office but it's a response to that Tory wanker Marcus? Fysh who said that he'd be voting against covid measures because we are NOT Nazi Germany and he won't allow us to move towards that.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm glad that weirdo Dreamcast game Omikron is finally getting some love.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

loving lol

https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1470740368480219139

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
You know what is reminiscent of Nazi Germany, changing the law so you can remove people's citizenship based on ethnicity.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

wee darren there finally getting his shot at the big time on GBNews, the channel doing famously well!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So called not in the familiar diminutive sense, but because his first show will be

Guavanaut posted:

Darren Grimes drinking a teacup of hot bulls piss on GB News to own the libs.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Guavanaut posted:

So called not in the familiar diminutive sense, but because his first show will be

We just need to start spreading the rumour on right wing sites that hot bull’s piss provides immunity from COVID.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm honestly surprised that there wasn't something like that already. There's been a thread of alt-right weirdness stretching back at least 150 years about animals with large testes excreting a lot of virilizing hormones in their urine, which can be consumed for manly vigor.

Instead we got people misprescribing malaria drugs and drinking horse paste.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Dousing yourself in it would probably aid adherence to social distancing rules so it wouldn't be entirely untrue.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I got my flu and covid jabs today, flu first and the lady asked which arm

I said left because I sleep on my right side

When I saw the covid man he wanted to jab my right "in case you have a reaction, so we know which one it was"

Currently flu jab is winning in terms of the muscle ache, although that may just be because it's had an extra two hours

I'll keep you updated on the race and eventual winner, but I do know one thing for certain

I'm not going to sleep well tonight!!!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

I got my flu and covid jabs today, flu first and the lady asked which arm

I said left because I sleep on my right side

When I saw the covid man he wanted to jab my right "in case you have a reaction, so we know which one it was"

Currently flu jab is winning in terms of the muscle ache, although that may just be because it's had an extra two hours

I'll keep you updated on the race and eventual winner, but I do know one thing for certain

I'm not going to sleep well tonight!!!

it's a god drat arms race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The world might be terrible but apparently god spent all the sunset budget on teesside today.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 14, 2021