Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

Grapplejack posted:

gabe buy the rights

So for some reason many DOTA people are saying that HON heros and poo poo were datamined from updates? This IS from reddit so take with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Also some mention of a convergence? Highly lore related stuff idk anything about it but I remember really likeing HON back in the day and it would be cool to see some stuff enter DOTA.

AcidRonin fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Early S2 heroes were kinda neat prolly cuz icefrog had some input on em but the later stuff was garbo rear end

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

Geight posted:

Early S2 heroes were kinda neat prolly cuz icefrog had some input on em but the later stuff was garbo rear end

can anybody walk me through the taxonomy of this poo poo again? Icefrog gets hired to do DOTA 2 but that was after some part of DOTAs development moved to LOL and HON right?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

the official valve line is that icefrog never worked on HON and any claims that he did are libel from Pendragon, who had run the site DotA-Allstars.com, but was later hired by riot.

the blizzard suit over the copyrights says that icefrog started working with S2 on HON at some point after first being contacted in 2006 and would continue until he was hired in October 2009 by valve. Basically Icefrog worked on HON for somewhere around 1-3 years depending on how quickly he actually was hired after getting first contacted.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I didn't know Valve had an official stance on the matter but yea a guy who worked at S2 for awhile went to work at Valve right about when they would have started making Dota2 so it's assumed that guy is Icefrog, which is (maybe) why the original few S2 heroes are actually pretty nifty, the ones after that got a lil shaky but usually became cool, and then they got REAL garbo

Geight fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 14, 2021

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Was told he did work there for a while, but at a perfectionist's snail's pace that drove Maliken nuts. The game started out with more advanced and modern features that IF forced be reverted to match the War3 engine as perfectly as possible, so more time and money spent/burnt.

It culminated to an eventual explosive falling out where IF walked and what existed was developed into HoN.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Maliken was an angel and would never get mad about something like that. Also he never raged out and dropped slurs when we trolled him in pubs no way man.

Also Nome was a giant wuss.

Chair In A Basket fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 14, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OG/Nigma is starting in about 15 minutes

Nigma in actual danger of relegation if they lose this lol

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
They did beat Alliance yesterday, but Alliance are also pretty bad, so I doubt NGX are beating this iteration of OG

emdash fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 14, 2021

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I keep forgetting that that wasn’t in DPC

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
NIGMA BALLS

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Taiga is GAMING

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lmao what the hell is iltw doing. Nigma needs a roster change like yesterday

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I don't know why they drafted a Slark in the first place, there is so much catch and stun on OG that it makes 0 sense to draft a fragile carry.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Snap constantly repositioning Slark into stuns is loving delicious

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

lmao what the hell is iltw doing. Nigma needs a roster change like yesterday

They really should have dropped iltw and picked up someone more emotionally stable, that dude is so easy to rattle and when you get to him he starts playing like poo poo or throwing on purpose

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

an entire galaxy of balls, nigmad, like tears, in rain.....time to lose.....

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
You can sortof see the theory in that fight. OG’s cores don’t have the spikiest damage, so fights should be drawn out, which is generally good for Slark. But yeah, the disables and catch are a huge problem.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Kuro has lost it man

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How big is iltw's hero pool? Feels like I see a bad slark game out of him like every other nigma series since they picked him up.

Maybe I am combining it with other bad slark games in the region though.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Every player on Nigma is washed as gently caress

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
not the mc viper

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lmao at everyone at nigma dying except for miracle. jesus

E: omg it happened again

just feeding

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Luna glaives into spiked carapace is gonna be glorious

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

lagidnam posted:

Luna glaives into spiked carapace is gonna be glorious

When was Nyx picked, cause literally every Nigma Hero has something that Carapace is easy to proc with. Some of it they can control like Io just not using Spirits but two cores are going to have uncontrolled damage out there.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
ILTW...

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

MadHat posted:

When was Nyx picked, cause literally every Nigma Hero has something that Carapace is easy to proc with. Some of it they can control like Io just not using Spirits but two cores are going to have uncontrolled damage out there.

I haven't seen the draft but someone in the matchday thread on Reddit said it was first pick...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lagidnam posted:

I haven't seen the draft but someone in the matchday thread on Reddit said it was first pick...

io was first pick followed by OG taking nyx/razor

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The sadest storm spirit

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

mfw OG has an entirely new roster and they still kick our rear end.

I gotta say the new OG is fun to watch. Ammar the Fucker wins again

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yeah, second overall pick, after Wisp.

I didn’t realize there was so much stream delay on these. dotabuff says this game was over fifteen minutes ago. I mean literally over, as opposed to what this game was fifteen minutes ago in stream time.

…and there we go

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
nigma balls

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Abed Tinker

Excited to see EG win or lose this one at this point.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
EG getting water closeted

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

rip egg

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
eg bros.....

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.