Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Captains lasting as long as managers at pooshited these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i remember back when Kroenke got full control at Arsenal people here saying it was way better he got control than usmanov who now supposedly secretly owns and controls everton lol

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ashley Youg

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mertesacker is taller than any of those players

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Fairly comprehensive pasting that. Not entirely unexpected but you can't handwave away a 7-0. Need a result against arsenal on Saturday or I'd be concerned about going into the January window when we clearly need experienced players to fill in the gaping holes in the squad (and a replacement for raphinha who is clearly going as soon as a bid comes in) and bielsa just will not sign them

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

if your poo poo failmen keep Newcastle up I will be incandescent with rage

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I mean, then I'll remember to laugh at Leeds and also loudly discuss if it's worth putting in a bid for various players at 10% of their real value

but before that

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The closer Leeds get to the drop zone, the more the big Sam music starts playing

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Total Meatlove posted:

The closer Leeds get to the drop zone, the more the big Sam music starts playing

That would be the absolute worst thing

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

tarbrush posted:

I mean it's already a Big Sam squad - a bunch of blokes who all run very fast in all directions to no apparent benefit plus one talented midfielder/forward who looks all the better for being surrounded by cloggers.

In fact has anyone seen Bielsa and Allardyce in the same room at the same time? Has anyone checked if that "Spanish" he's supposedly speaking isn't actually just Brummie with some extra vowels added at the end?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

tarbrush posted:

It's spelled b-e-s-t actually

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Big Sam rules and has never done anything wrong.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

big sam shoveling buckets of cash to his agent mates while newcastle get relegated would be the funniest outcome and thus the best outcome

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't even know who we'd get in if they sacked bielsa. We have sensible owners now rather than petty small business tyrants so I know they'd at least think about it but I can't shake the dread that id wake up and it'd be loving aitor karanka or something

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Big Sam rules and has never done anything wrong.

drinking a pint of wine was the most humanising thing he's ever done

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Leeds only have like 3 good players, Bielsa getting them to play as well as he has is a small miracle but like all his teams they've burned out eventually and reverted to the norm. Bielsa should stay and get them promoted again next season even if they get relegated, imo

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Pint of Wine Sam is one of humanity's treasures.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Weaponized Cum posted:

Pint of Wine Sam is one of humanity's treasures.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Across North London during that time:

2005–2012 Ledley King (Retired, now a club ambassador)
2012–2014 Michael Dawson (Sold to Hull, later retired and returned as a club ambassador)
2014–2015 Younès Kaboul (Sold to Sunderland.)
2015–present Hugo Lloris

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

AJ_Impy posted:

Across North London during that time:

2005–2012 Ledley King (Retired, now a club ambassador)
2012–2014 Michael Dawson (Sold to Hull, later retired and returned as a club ambassador)
2014–2015 Younès Kaboul (Sold to Sunderland.)
2015–present Hugo Lloris

Cant tell which list is worse tbh

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Don’t know the bigger crime, the hair or that collar

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

sticksy posted:

Don’t know the bigger crime, the hair or that collar

it's the hair and you know it

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

https://twitter.com/RobTannerLCFC/status/1471115016954732551

PL saying you gotta play cause Spurs have missed too many games already. Love to see it

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What a joke

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

https://twitter.com/RobTannerLCFC/status/1471115016954732551

PL saying you gotta play cause Spurs have missed too many games already. Love to see it

It doesn’t specify the breakdown between “illness” and COVID though, so I’m assuming the PL doesn’t give a gently caress unless there’s a certain number of COVID cases

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sourdough posted:

I don't get it really, Fabregas through Koscielny were all good captains. If you post United's over the same time, would it look better?

They all left the season after they were given the armband with the exception of the strippers.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
ledley king was pretty drat good between injuries

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

bewbies posted:

ledley king was pretty drat good between injuries

Yeah those 15 minutes were special

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Rumour has it that AFCON might actually be postponed or there may be an exclusion of players based in Europe

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

ZeeBoi posted:

Rumour has it that AFCON might actually be postponed or there may be an exclusion of players based in Europe

Given the current infection rate something has to give somewhere

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Brighton have 4 players out with Covid and another 4 first team players out with various injuries and suspension, going to get an absolute pasting by Traora tonight.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

It doesn’t specify the breakdown between “illness” and COVID though, so I’m assuming the PL doesn’t give a gently caress unless there’s a certain number of COVID cases

The PL are going to have to come down quite hard on clubs trying to game the system, either they've got a youth team/reserve squad for a reason or they forfeit.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

newcastle have 0 playuers with covid but we're loving shite so it doesn't matter

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

CyberPingu posted:

To be fair most of them were loved by the fans, even Kaboul was pretty popular.

It gets worse of you go back further though, Sol Campbell and Jamie Redknapp dor example

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1471163739261091840

Get ready for Christmas Break everyone

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Burnley Watford is off, as Watford have the 'rona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006