Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Worst Obituary, Worst Gaslighting.

Seriously, get hosed Varvel. You and your Republican buddies support the exact combination of deregulation, stripping of labour protections and climate change denial that led to people dying in factories after being repeatedly told they'd get fired if they took shelter rather than remain on the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Not gonna lie, I definitely want a MISERY Hatred DISCORD shirt.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

he's a hateful piece of poo poo, but I cant help but respect his dedication to continually adding references to his crappy cartoons

Hell yeah, gonna get me that shirt

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Thoughtless posted:

Not gonna lie, I definitely want a MISERY Hatred DISCORD shirt.

Don't forget to get the matching face mask that is skin tight enough to show your liberal smug grin :smugdog:

Or is it two masks? I can see the outline of another mask. So two skin tight masks, then. Because nothing says MISERY and HATRED like wanting to protect others.

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

I think this cartoon is the real personification of 2021, although begging strangers for lifesaving medicine was a thing long before GoFundMe made it omnipresent. My area had a fund raiser meal event to help a local family with a sick child.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Misery-Hatred is the official D&D Discord.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/PeoplesParty_US/status/1470782024877232133?t=Uz2KixLSaQy_FSgLixQfQA&s=19

Found this one in the wild

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

There will never be a visual takedown of the two party system that surpasses the Big Dog shirt on the subject

As ever, Garrison's ability to really torture a metaphor at CIA blacksite levels of skill sets up apart from the lesser moron chuds like Branco and Ramirez

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

This is literally not how this works. How the gently caress do you get something so wrong? :argh:

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

There will never be a visual takedown of the two party system that surpasses the Big Dog shirt on the subject

As ever, Garrison's ability to really torture a metaphor at CIA blacksite levels of skill sets up apart from the lesser moron chuds like Branco and Ramirez

Link to Big Dog? I don't know what that is

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Count Roland posted:

It's a t-shirt company for fat guys and edgy dad's.
They're also frequently used as meme bait.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Count Roland posted:

They're a shirt company that's inherited the void left when Big Johnson shirts fell out of favor

Alas, no longer for sale, and I'm pretty sure their social media is pretty locked down thanks to the America Deserved 9/11 photoshop coming up every year

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Count Roland posted:

Preferred shirt of Boomer Dads throughout the 90s

Unless you had the kind of dad that wore Big Johnson shirts, then my condolences.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Count Roland posted:

See attachment.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Thoughtless posted:

See attachment.

Oh. Well that isn't very interesting at all.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Count Roland posted:

Oh. Well that isn't very interesting at all.

That’s the point of Big Dog shirts. Boomers think they’re edgy and in your face but the shirts themselves are like “Washing the dishes after dinner SUCKS!”

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Somehow this cartoon is about nuclear power in Sweden. The girl is a reference to Saint Lucy's Day. But that day isn't particular to Sweden and it has nothing to do with nuclear power.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/23/cops-took-more-stuff-from-people-than-burglars-did-last-year/

It appears the mugger is also a cop!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Thoughtless posted:

See attachment.

The tiny text at the bottom reads "But really I vote Republican."

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Alhazred posted:

Somehow this cartoon is about nuclear power in Sweden. The girl is a reference to Saint Lucy's Day. But that day isn't particular to Sweden and it has nothing to do with nuclear power.

Lucy brings light to the darkest time of the year. In the current energy crises we need nuclear power to ensure cheap and reliable electricity. Hydroelectricity is having special difficulties this winter because of ice forming, the power companies want to let thick ice form first so ice won't cause problems later in the winter but this year several hydropower plants are having the same situation at the same time. Nuke plants will churn electricity steadily through the year.

St. Lucy was also a martyr for converting to Christianity and was sentenced to a brothel to be raped. The holy spirit made her so heavy that even oxen could move her. Then they tried to burn her on a stake but again the holy spirit protected her from flames and tar. Finally they figured out that the holy spirit can't protect you from swords and she was beheaded. These days in memory of martyrs are so educational, especially when we're not even Catholics and don't believe in saints in these parts!

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 14, 2021

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am announcing my new T-Shirt company, Big Marx.

If you can’t run with the BIG MARX.

STAY IN THE GALLOWS.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson’s Christmas Covid crisis – At least one person in the UK had died with the Omicron variant, Boris Johnson has said as he refused to rule out imposing further restrictions across England in the run-up to Christmas" Also ‘Even the reindeer were unhappy’: life inside Britain’s worst winter wonderlands

Telegraph:

UK booster jab rollout to increase to 1m a day to battle Omicron ‘tidal wave’; Boris Johnson may face biggest rebellion so far over new Covid rules

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Sunak warns over multibillion cost of booster programme

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson warns of Omicron ‘huge spike’ as Commons votes loom

And since he's particularly political this week, football cartoonist David Squires:

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

the article posted:

My main job was to welcome people in groups of 20 to 30, along with another elf. We had to act as if we were on a jet liner taking visitors to Lapland, with projected images of clouds behind us. We gave the families a speech to try to get the kids excited and then pretended the room was airborne. The whole thing was pretty embarrassing and ended after a few minutes with the “landing” and rows of blank faces staring back at us.
lol

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mikl posted:

This is literally not how this works. How the gently caress do you get something so wrong? :argh:
Fishman did actually tell a joke there though

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Special Minister of State Ben Morton. Independents spark funding concern, call to inform the AEC (SMH). "The federal government is urging people to tell authorities about independent candidates who will contest the election next year in a bid to force groups like Climate 200 and the “Voices of” movement to disclose the source of their funds."

Rowe:

Moderna vaccine to be made in Australia, with hopes for Victorian plant to open by 2024 (ABC).

Downes:

Tasmanian premier Peter Gutwein. After reaching its 90pc COVID-19 vaccination target, Tasmania has reopened to the world (ABC).

Knight:

‘Total bloodletting’ for state Labor as seven MPs shown the door (The Age). "Seven sitting Labor MPs, including three former ministers, have been told their political careers are over, escalating the threat of byelections and ongoing instability for the Andrews government as it heads into an election year. The worst fears of a group of MPs mostly aligned with sacked powerbroker Adem Somyurek were realised on Thursday morning when it was confirmed the coalition of dominant Labor factions intended to force them out."

Warren Brown:

Leak, Son of Leak:

WA's border to reopen on 5 February, even if 90 per cent vaccination target isn't reached (SBS) "The announcement by Premier Mark McGowan on Monday has ended months of speculation and frustration for locked-out families."

Pontikos:

This is an illustration for a paywalled opinion piece in the Daily Telegraph by Joe Hildebrand.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Pontikos:

This is an illustration for a paywalled opinion piece in the Daily Telegraph by Joe Hildebrand.

I'm guessing it's a poo poo opinion?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

I am announcing my new T-Shirt company, Big Marx.

If you can’t run with the BIG MARX.

STAY IN THE GALLOWS.

If it's not just the people's hog in various locations, what is even the point?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Trapezium Dave posted:

Pontikos:

Thomas is sad that the kid is suggesting his life matters? He'd rather go back to sleep than deal with the wokeism that's going to remind him of his days as a tank engine and what that did to the environment.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Also ignores the fact that there's already a canonical bus character in the Thomas cinematic universe. Just poor research, you hate to see it

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/happyroadkill/status/1470862896129318913?t=eVQwiV0-FaZystEqnqou6w&s=19

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

America Deserved 9/11 photoshop

This is like finding out Santa isn't real :(

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:

Pontikos:

Time to break out old faithful.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

Al Goodwyn

RE: RE: FWD: RE: Watch this Liberals Head EXPOLDE! DESTROYED by Logic!!

Walt Handelsman

Phil Hands

Clay Jones

Brian McFadden

Jack Ohman

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Marshall Ramsey

Something about the way this is framed made me think it was an obituary for a second.

Jen Sorensen

Jeff Stahler

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Pulling the Strings
Soros funding the elections of radical leftist AGs and DAs is creating lawlessness and chaos across America.

Lawlessness divided by Chaos

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Raised By Birds posted:

Al Goodwyn

Crazy how hypocritical and ignorant my opponents look when I frame their argument wrong, isn't it?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Raised By Birds posted:

Al Goodwyn

The strawman's head is exploding because they can't believe that the cartoonist doesn't realise that "holy day" is in fact more inclusive than "Christmas".

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

SubG posted:

The strawman's head is exploding because they can't believe that the cartoonist doesn't realise that "holy day" is in fact more inclusive than "Christmas".

The cartoon only makes sense if you consider Christianity to be the only valid religion. Which that cartoonist does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

Lawlessness divided by Chaos

Hmm a ghoulish Jewish man behind the scenes acting as puppet master to do things like cause chaos and lawlessness in a country that the artist claims would otherwise be the greatest in the world. Where have I seen this before?