Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Collateral posted:

Which books?

The Wheel of Time books, jesus christ. There's a whole thread for postin' bout books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

King of Bleh posted:

The current division is pretty unusable for anyone except the 100% full-spoilers crew. If you want broad discussion on random generalities of the setting like "what even is The Dragon stuff about anyway" this thread instantly goes berserk, and if you go to the other thread without having fully read the book series you're inundated with untagged spoilers about stuff that won't come up in the show for potentially years.

this is why I don't want to bother with the book barn thread fwiw. Like I just want to discuss what's currently happening in relation to the books I don't really care about what might change seven books in the future, but instead I just sort of post a reaction after watching and then mostly skim this thread.

The post about all the bonus content was cool I didn't realize where it was hidden. I watched them all while waiting for my xiv queue last night it was very good. Highly recommend.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

King of Bleh posted:

The current division is pretty unusable for anyone except the 100% full-spoilers crew. If you want broad discussion on random generalities of the setting like "what even is The Dragon stuff about anyway" this thread instantly goes berserk, and if you go to the other thread without having fully read the book series you're inundated with untagged spoilers about stuff that won't come up in the show for potentially years.

If you've watched the show you can talk about what the show has already revealed, and there is a lot of broad discussion to be had there. If you've read the books you should probably temper yourself and post in the book thread because you already know the whole arc and can figure out what the show is going for. Meanwhile i'm just starting book 5 in the new readers thread and I still can keep the progress of the show and the book fully sperate in my head because I don't have years of preconceived ideas. I'm still not going to just flat answer the hundreds of people who are show only with a book spoiler.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The only moral spoiler is my spoiler.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

IcePhoenix posted:

this is why I don't want to bother with the book barn thread fwiw. Like I just want to discuss what's currently happening in relation to the books I don't really care about what might change seven books in the future, but instead I just sort of post a reaction after watching and then mostly skim this thread.

The post about all the bonus content was cool I didn't realize where it was hidden. I watched them all while waiting for my xiv queue last night it was very good. Highly recommend.

You can do that in the book barn spoilers thread. We do lots of that. You can actually talk about whatever you like w/r/t book spoilers. It's totally your choice.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How are u posted:

You can do that in the book barn spoilers thread. We do lots of that. You can actually talk about whatever you like w/r/t book spoilers. It's totally your choice.

I don't want to filter through all the things I don't care about so no I can't

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't want to filter through all the things I don't care about so no I can't

Oh, my bad. You don't want to? By all means then, please, continue to post about the books in the NO BOOK SPOILERS thread.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

While there has been a serious spoiler problem, lmao at the fact that this particular argument was started by someone posting supplementary material from the show itself.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

im a spoiler

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

eke out posted:

literally posting spoilers in the non-spoiler thread to argue for why i should be allowed to post more spoilers

It's literally not a spoiler cheif, that was what you thought in your head.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm so outraged by all the spoilers, I'll continue to post in this thread.

Tyrion escapes, Tywin shot dead on toilet

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
To the Vincents belong the spoilers

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How are u posted:

Oh, my bad. You don't want to? By all means then, please, continue to post about the books in the NO BOOK SPOILERS thread.

ok

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
I like this thread as someone who read 9 out of 14 books 20 years ago have and kind of forgotten all details except the overarching poo poo.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Threadkiller Dog posted:

I like this thread as someone who read 9 out of 14 books 20 years ago have and kind of forgotten all details except the overarching poo poo.

hah, so many people dropped the series at that point

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

How are u posted:

The Wheel of Time books, jesus christ. There's a whole thread for postin' bout books.

I apologise, perhaps I wasn't specific enough. Of the Wheel of Time books.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Collateral posted:

I apologise, perhaps I wasn't specific enough. Of the Wheel of Time books.

All of the books in the series.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anatomy of this thread

15% posting about the show
5% posting spoilers
79% posting about spoilers
1% posting about posting about spoilers

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rarity posted:

Anatomy of this thread

5% posting spoilers

.01% posting about posting about posting about spoilers.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

Anatomy of this thread

5% posting spoilers

which percentage do :supaburn: why doesn't everyone post in the book thread please post in the book thread :supaburn: posts fall under

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I'm excited to see this "Eye of the World" thing Moraine was mentioning at the end of the episode. A surprising plot thing we hadn't heard of before Siuan mentioned it 20 minutes prior.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm mostly just curious whether the next episode will have any Mat in it, acting on his own in some capacity or if he'll just awkwardly disappear until next season. Exploring the ways should be cool too, since they have a fun look about them, but the Mat thing is what I'm most curious about.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

I'm excited to see this "Eye of the World" thing Moraine was mentioning at the end of the episode. A surprising plot thing we hadn't heard of before Siuan mentioned it 20 minutes prior.

She had a dream about it, so let's all risk our lives because of it!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the best thing about this show is it's going to save you from having to read a drawn-out 700+ page book.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Turin Turambar posted:

I mean, Moiraine has spent 20 years wandering the world after something similar happened; so she has form at the very least.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Turin Turambar posted:

Doesn't make any less sense then walking across an entire continent to climb a volcano because that one friend who only comes over for your weed says to do it.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

CainFortea posted:

Does make any less sense then walking across an entire continent to climb a volcano because that one friend who only comes over for your weed says to do it.

Well, in the books

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

CainFortea posted:

Doesn't make any less sense then walking across an entire continent to climb a volcano because that one friend who only comes over for your weed says to do it.

hey spoiler alert

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Turin Turambar posted:

It must be pretty important if that's Moiraine's reaction, yeah. I imagine they will elaborate on it in the next episode.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Why don't the eagles just fly the one power to the eye of the world?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

cheesetriangles posted:

The one power is stored in the tainted brown eye of the world friend

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

cheesetriangles posted:

Dany sort of forgot about the eagles.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

So, what do the TV only watchers think the eye of the world is?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

e: oops wrong thread lol

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Data Graham posted:

e: oops wrong thread lol

Laughing at this

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

etalian posted:

the best thing about this show is it's going to save you from having to read a drawn-out 700+ page book.

Reading is the worst qtiyd

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

regulargonzalez posted:

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Dramatika posted:

The one power is stored in the tainted brown eye of the world friend

Pinkeye of the World.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

regulargonzalez posted:

Reading is cool and girls like guys who read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
e: nevermind