Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

butt dickus posted:

forgot to post that i went ahead and ordered this since it was on sale for $120 but i'll be using it for my other setup. the dynavap one is real nice what with the case and all

oh boy

the dynavap, ladies and gentlemen

I am getting better with it

and I am mad I spent many times $50 on what this little beautiful thing can do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
dynavap owns. I’m real hyped to have a minimally-crackpipe go-kit now.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Dynavap arrived today!

Step one: immediately lose the little adjust a bowl screen because it popped out and disappeared into the ether.

Step two: cram a spare starry screen into the business end instead.

Step 3: vape some Double Dragon. Holy poo poo.

But for goons already using one without an electric heating element, a question: does the heating process make the cap pop and it's not quite ready yet? I followed the video I had already watched and their little quickstart cars and when it popped, it was not really doing much. I had to heat it up more before it was doing anything.

E: about 10 minutes after using dynavap and I can feel the molecules in my body moving. Bit I still want to know actual usage tips and tricks kthx

Droogie fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 2, 2021

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Three things to try for bigger clouds: try to heat it slower, heat near the open end of the cap (near the A in the Dynavap etching) and cover the air hole for a second or two when you first start to take a hit.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I tend to not push heating past the click(s). The first cycle is always light and terpy, 2 & 3 are the hard hitters. The stainless steel tip can absorb more heat to toast a bowl more than the titanium though.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

KingShiro posted:

I tend to not push heating past the click(s). The first cycle is always light and terpy, 2 & 3 are the hard hitters. The stainless steel tip can absorb more heat to toast a bowl more than the titanium though.

this was my experience as well. first hit can be weak, second and third were what put me on my rear end.

i found a single flame torch to be vastly superior to a triple or quad flame as well. you can pinpoint where you want to heat instead of blasting the entire cap.

depending on the strain sometimes I would get weak hits if I stopped at the click, but I never went more than two seconds past. that was usually sufficient to give it an extra kick in the rear end without combusting or loving up the cap

and don't be like me where you take a hit, set it down for ten seconds and immediately forget you took a hit and reheat to combustion point. nothing worse than having to break out the alcohol and do a cleaning when all you want to do is be high

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

KingShiro posted:

I treat my induction heater like an automatic transmission. Straight forward ease of use. The first and second click are extremely reliable. As Shiro mentioned, I think the best quality hits are 2 and 3. I tend to pulse the first heat cycle, reset, and then draw on the second heat cycle for a more "normal" throat hit. For new strains I enjoy a slower, more terpy approach to appreciate the flavor from the first cycle. I'll take 4, maybe 5, hits off a bowl. I'll often heat past the clicks for a second or two using an IH.

I treat torching like a manual transmission. Once you find your groove you'll have more control over the experience. I "respect the click", always, with a torch and will typically get 3, MAYBE 4, hits off a bowl. Combusting is a right of passage and probably necessary to help you learn your technique. I don't heat past the first click when using a torch.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I’ve used a torch since I’ve had one, but my ispire is coming Saturday so I get to try that out soon, ordered the skullkandy insert for it today. Still gotta order a new glass stem too.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Thanks all. I took a lot of the advice here (after finding the bowl screen, in my hair, 4 hours after losing it) and everything suggested made for a great experience.

I can barely keep my eyes open. Wow!

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Attach it to a waterpipe, heat to the second click right on the edge of the cap and you're basically dabbing flower

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

SwissDonkey posted:

Attach it to a waterpipe, heat to the second click right on the edge of the cap and you're basically dabbing flower

this is dangerous info lol

and I am so gonna try it

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

It took me a while to get the rotating down as well while torching it. Once I got that down I noticed a big improvement, also like others have said usually the first hit feels a little weaker for whatever reason, but the next couple rip.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I just took 3 rips off my dyna with no vapor production before I realized I forgot to load it and boy I couldn't tell ya what's more redder my face or my eyes

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Shotgunning weed with a shotgun during Vietnam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIP7tVbZWxI

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Vlaphor posted:

Shotgunning weed with a shotgun during Vietnam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIP7tVbZWxI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0FoVuUYh4w

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
they finally took away my Pax 3 app

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
my ispire came in. and my dynacoil. and the adapter to put the dynavap in my bong. and let me tell you something: i'm high

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Excellent taste

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
This water soluble THC drink infuser stuff tastes like post workout taint but it definitely works

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Those soldiers got so high they stayed in Vietnam after 1972

ok fine maybe they were there in january 73. im high

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's a decent Vietnam memoir called ...And A Hard Rain Fell. I read it during my Iraq deployment. Dude was a pacifist but largely just followed along like a decent troop. He talked a bit about drug use during his Vietnam deployment, and his follow-up tour in I think the Philippines, where he basically did drugs, gained rank and had a local girlfriend.

It was interesting, but didn't follow the status quo on wartime memoirs, glorifying battles and testosterone, rather focusing on a scared kid and the ways he coped in the moment.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

This water soluble THC drink infuser stuff tastes like post workout taint but it definitely works
Man, I have Fluresh, which tastes like post-workout taint and has the added benefit of not doing a goddamn thing. Even after shaking really well. Maybe I got a bad batch? What are you using?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

Man, I have Fluresh, which tastes like post-workout taint and has the added benefit of not doing a goddamn thing. Even after shaking really well. Maybe I got a bad batch? What are you using?

Select! The lady at the dispensary told me that Fluresh apparently didn't properly mix their THC stuff so that it wasn't truly water soluble, meaning that it's a total crapshoot if your body will pick it up. I'm a little over half way through a bottle of 1:1 Fluresh drink stuff and A) yeah, it tastes like absolute taint and just keeps getting worse 2) it works, sometimes, and sometimes it feels like CBD and sometimes it feels like THC but mostly not both?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Are those like Ripple? Ripple packets kinda work sprinkled on a burger, but sometimes I’ll try to put one in a soda and forget that it makes pop bubble over and spill everywhere.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's a decent Vietnam memoir called ...And A Hard Rain Fell. I read it during my Iraq deployment. Dude was a pacifist but largely just followed along like a decent troop. He talked a bit about drug use during his Vietnam deployment, and his follow-up tour in I think the Philippines, where he basically did drugs, gained rank and had a local girlfriend.

It was interesting, but didn't follow the status quo on wartime memoirs, glorifying battles and testosterone, rather focusing on a scared kid and the ways he coped in the moment.

"Wartime" by Fussell is a terrific book in this genre, about the experience of wartime military life outside of combat.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

Select! The lady at the dispensary told me that Fluresh apparently didn't properly mix their THC stuff so that it wasn't truly water soluble, meaning that it's a total crapshoot if your body will pick it up. I'm a little over half way through a bottle of 1:1 Fluresh drink stuff and A) yeah, it tastes like absolute taint and just keeps getting worse 2) it works, sometimes, and sometimes it feels like CBD and sometimes it feels like THC but mostly not both?
Ooh, poo poo, that makes sense! I have the THC-only variety and am squeezing a ton into a drink absolutely whenever just to use it up. I usually forget that I ever did because it doesn't do anything (and I'm a lightweight, remember). I'll try Select next time.

Right now I'm enjoying a Camino THC/CBN gummy. I can heartily recommend that whole range of terpene-added gummies. I think the terps make a difference, but who knows.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

E wrong thread!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I bought $130 worth of homemade edibles from a guy, and he gave me like pounds and pounds of cannabis puppy chow. It’s taking me a great deal of effort to get high because they’re so disgustingly sweet, and at the same time they worsen your dry mouth. Oh well it’s better than not having any edibles, back to eating weakly medicated sugar bombs.

I don’t want to just bitch and moan so I admit the vape carts and the pre-rolled joints i also got are pretty nice.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 8, 2021

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Got an ispire

got some Cookies Sweet Tea sugar

holy gently caress it tastes delicious

and uh, whee

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there anyone here with a Puffco Peak and notices that particularly dank concentrates will sorta leak out of the bowl and clog up the air pathway from the base? Like in through the hole at the bottom of the glass part too? I am definitely not cleaning out the bowl after every use so that probably doesn't help and it's not a huge deal, it just means I have to clean it more often, but I was wondering if anyone else had the same thing happen to them.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

explosivo posted:

Is there anyone here with a Puffco Peak and notices that particularly dank concentrates will sorta leak out of the bowl and clog up the air pathway from the base? Like in through the hole at the bottom of the glass part too? I am definitely not cleaning out the bowl after every use so that probably doesn't help and it's not a huge deal, it just means I have to clean it more often, but I was wondering if anyone else had the same thing happen to them.

I had this happen when I was using one of those Buddies Toro devices. Letting it dry then stabbing at it with a pin seemed to free stuff up easily, but still annoying.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

Ooh, poo poo, that makes sense! I have the THC-only variety and am squeezing a ton into a drink absolutely whenever just to use it up. I usually forget that I ever did because it doesn't do anything (and I'm a lightweight, remember). I'll try Select next time.

Right now I'm enjoying a Camino THC/CBN gummy. I can heartily recommend that whole range of terpene-added gummies. I think the terps make a difference, but who knows.

Fact: I think I have over half a bottle of the Fluresh 1:1 stuff left and I determined to finish it this week. I'm mostly excited for the sketchy dosing and terrible taste!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also, the Select drink enhancers tasted like rear end, but actually worked within 15-20 minutes of drinking it. The Fluresh one is a total dice roll though so let's see how this goes

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

Fact: I think I have over half a bottle of the Fluresh 1:1 stuff left and I determined to finish it this week. I'm mostly excited for the sketchy dosing and terrible taste!
As much as I'd love to dump the rest of my bottle into a big mug of coffee or something solely to get rid of the stuff, just imagining the taste is a huge deterrent. Goonspeed.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Weed thread I'm mad, Arizona got recreational weed last year and the way it got pushed through was by talking up how the tax revenue was going to education.

Well guess what, after 1 year we have the numbers

https://azdor.gov/reports-statistics-and-legal-research/marijuana-tax-collection

$175million in tax revenue.

$6.6million went to community colleges. We have 20 community colleges so that is approx $330k each

$0 went to any other education fund

$82 million went to the Marijuana Excise Tax fund which is split between DHS and local law enforcement.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 15, 2021

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
That sucks for sure, but is this wrong then?

quote:

The revenue will be used to implement and enforce regulations related to the act; the remaining revenue is required to be split between community colleges (33%), police and fire departments (31.4%), the state highway fund (25.4%), a justice reinvestment fund (10%), and the state attorney general for enforcement (0.2%).

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Well the cops gotta be dressed fresh to death while they continue to violate your rights so

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

That sucks for sure, but is this wrong then?

I have no idea what I am talking about, maybe 33% of the excise tax goes to community colleges and that's separate from the Education Tax revenue

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

As much as I'd love to dump the rest of my bottle into a big mug of coffee or something solely to get rid of the stuff, just imagining the taste is a huge deterrent. Goonspeed.

It keeps getting worse somehow too! Like it's gone from "Mmmm, alright" to "ACK WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS poo poo". A little over half way done I think. It's hard to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bake it in to something overpoweringly chocolatey