Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Saoshyant posted:

And here you are, at the tall end of 2021, trying to play Nights with a 2D controller like some sort of barbarian, SMH.

Which works great! There's just no way to go back in the menus.

I'm not buying another controller with a stick, I already have an N64!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sorry to break thread code but if you grabbed call of Juarez gunslinger you should really play it. Only about 6 hours and really fun

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Thanks, I think Rayman has taken over Super Mario and is now the game that I own on the most platforms.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

site posted:

Sorry to break thread code but if you grabbed call of Juarez gunslinger you should really play it. Only about 6 hours and really fun

Yeah, I've been playing it and it's really entertaining. It's a simple enough fps but it's got some unique mechanics that make it more than a tedious head-clicker, and the framing device is fun particularly when it interacts with the landscape.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Saoshyant posted:

This game is not only cool but it actually has historic importance. It was the reason Sega came up with an analogue controller back in the day, which then went on to become the basis of the Dreamcast controller, which then went on to be the basis of the first Xbox controller (the Duke), and so on...

And here you are, at the tall end of 2021, trying to play Nights with a 2D controller like some sort of barbarian, SMH.

The Dualshock 1 predated the Dreamcast controller.

If anyone started the analog stick shift, it was the N64, really.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

It's got pretty great PvP as well iirc.
E: that might have been the previous game actually?
EE: yep, definitely the original game has the fun PvP. Gunslinger is still very good though.

Hollandia fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 15, 2021

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Fuzz posted:

The Dualshock 1 predated the Dreamcast controller.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't pre-date the analog stick controller for the Saturn. You're still right about the N64 though.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Q_res posted:

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't pre-date the analog stick controller for the Saturn. You're still right about the N64 though.

To me, NiGhts Into Dreams and Saturn was the "we're all sorry your parents got divorced" combo. We will still smoke your weed and use your dad's hot tub though. Maybe if you weren't so stingy on the E.

Man, kids are awful.

The Dreamcast my kid brother got didn't have a good life either.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Humble Bundle codes for steam for:

Syberia 1 and 2
Garfield Kart

If anyone wants them

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Shenmue 3 is free on EGS today (just today, they're doing daily xmas freebies again)

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/shenmue-3

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Ahhh forgot to get call of juarez

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

repiv posted:

Shenmue 3 is free on EGS today (just today, they're doing daily xmas freebies again)

can't checkout. servers being smashed?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
The EGS mystery games are on.
Today Shenmue 3 and a new one tomorrow.

Still havent found a leaked list yet this year.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Rinkles posted:

can't checkout. servers being smashed?

I was excited to try the new shopping cart but checking out just crashes EGS

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

poor epicstore, thought of shenmue and died

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
tbf I think most people who think of Shenmue 3 want to die a little

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Is Shenmue 3 something that people who never played 1 or 2 would like? Cause I got the impression that it's not back when it was a kickstarter.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Shenmue 3 actually rules quite a bit if you have any fondness for 1 or 2. It feels exactly like another one of those.

If you don’t like Shenmue at all then, well, you won’t like 3 either!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Tagichatn posted:

Is Shenmue 3 something that people who never played 1 or 2 would like? Cause I got the impression that it's not back when it was a kickstarter.

The fighting is seriously bad compared to the first two games but otherwise it captures the gameplay and slice of life detail stuff of the first two. It’s worth a try for free and has a recap video if you need to know the gist of the story.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I haven't played 3, but I was pissed when I looked up info about it and people said the story doesn't wrap up. Like, THIS was your chance to finish it, dude!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

JazzFlight posted:

I haven't played 3, but I was pissed when I looked up info about it and people said the story doesn't wrap up. Like, THIS was your chance to finish it, dude!

You gotta admire the balls of someone so dedicated to their original vision that they didn’t bite.

Believe in Shenmue. There’s an anime adaptation due out next year. I guess they could finish the story off that way if they needed to.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

man nurse posted:

You gotta admire the balls of someone so dedicated to their original vision that they didn’t bite.

Believe in Shenmue. There’s an anime adaptation due out next year. I guess they could finish the story off that way if they needed to.
Sounds like you're not properly admiring those balls if you're considering the possibility of finishing it in an anime rather than waiting 15 years for a new kickstarter retro wave to fund S4 (which also won't be a conclusion).

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

man nurse posted:

Shenmue 3 actually rules quite a bit if you have any fondness for 1 or 2. It feels exactly like another one of those.

If you don’t like Shenmue at all then, well, you won’t like 3 either!

Every day is the day that the snow turned to rain

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

repiv posted:

If you get this and actually play it enough to have a positive opinion it looks like there's DLC that's both initially cheap to begin with and half off until Jan 6.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

man nurse posted:

How many parts was Shenmue originally supposed to be? wasn't it some insane number like 12?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Skwirl posted:

How many parts was Shenmue originally supposed to be? wasn't it some insane number like 12?

IIRC, twelve chapters split across five games. So, if we are getting the other two games that story will be finished. One day.

I believe.

Truly.

C'mon Yu Suzuki, let me give you money...

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
lol shenmue 3 for free, thx daddy epic, cant wait to experience the inspiration behind mainline yakuza games

also a 10 bux off coupon for 15 bux n above games, applied on a per item basis, not bad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

man nurse posted:

There was a short trailer for it and the anime is adapting the first game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

IIRC, twelve chapters split across five games. So, if we are getting the other two games that story will be finished. One day.

I believe.

Truly.

C'mon Yu Suzuki, let me give you money...

Oh right, the first one was just the first chapter and then with the second one they realized how insane that was so it was the next three chapters.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Chapter 2 is a comic.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I didn't pay attention to Shenmue so I didn't know it had story DLC. Is it "during the game" stuff, or separate adventures like those Far Cry DLC set on Mars or whatever

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

huhwhat posted:

lol shenmue 3 for free, thx daddy epic, cant wait to experience the inspiration behind mainline yakuza games

also a 10 bux off coupon for 15 bux n above games, applied on a per item basis, not bad

Oh nice, been waiting for another $10 coupon.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Epic Games Store posted:

We are experiencing high transaction volume, please try again later.

This will not stand. I need to redeem this free game that I will never install, let alone play.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I will NEVER accept free goods and/or services from this company EVER. AGAIN.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

2house2fly posted:

I didn't pay attention to Shenmue so I didn't know it had story DLC. Is it "during the game" stuff, or separate adventures like those Far Cry DLC set on Mars or whatever

It’s incorporated into the second half of the game as an elaborate set of sidequests and it’s entirely passable unless you really loving love making secret coded messages by arranging teacups.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

man nurse posted:

unless you really loving love making secret coded messages by arranging teacups.

How-- how did you know my secret fetish??

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Anyone else having trouble with Epic? When I go to claim Shenmue the store page just loads up a blank unresponsive page.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah i'm trying to look at hitman and the store is just totally making GBS threads itself

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Hank Morgan posted:

Anyone else having trouble with Epic? When I go to claim Shenmue the store page just loads up a blank unresponsive page.

yeah, the site's overloaded since the sale went live earlier today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I liked the concept of Shenmue better when it was Yakuza.