Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

more like podiacast

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Atrocious Joe posted:

Scorsese needs to make a mob film about the founding of the US. Robert de Niro can play increasingly senile President George Washington in the frame story which will be set during the crushing of the Whiskey Rebellion. They can de-age him for flashbacks.

I want to see CGI Robert DeNiro starting the 7 Years War. Ray Liotta can be Sam Adams and gets a monologue about how he does mob poo poo in service to founding a Christian Sparta. Joe Pesci can be Benjamin Franklin and falls asleep during the Continental Congress.

This is the movie that can reunite America.

He decided to make one romanticizing the origins of the fbi instead lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
watching the live action Aladdin and I'm pretty fuckin sure Jasmine and her servant are loving.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

watching the live action Aladdin and I'm pretty fuckin sure Jasmine and her servant are loving.
eunuchs hosed

it was important that they didn't get anyone pregnant

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Trabisnikof posted:

i will be impressed with how he manages to work the n word into it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

sexpig by night posted:

what actually was that, I didn't follow it at all

studios thought writers’ royalties shouldn’t apply to anything on the internet (including streaming)

they’re still getting hosed in terms of actual payouts (I think it’s comparable to single track music streams) but at least they have their foot in the door

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

legend

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

MLSM posted:

He decided to make one romanticizing the origins of the fbi instead lol

tbh im actually kind of interested in this one

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

honestly thats such an obvious idea im surprised it took this long

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

wizard cottagecore is for libs, however cyberpunk cottagecore...

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Tiberius Christ posted:

wizard cottagecore is for libs, however cyberpunk cottagecore...

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Olivia Colman was playing the Queen and getting cast in Marvel stuff so recently--what happened?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mameluke posted:

Olivia Colman was playing the Queen and getting cast in Marvel stuff so recently--what happened?

half a mil subscribers, several videos with over a million views

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

half a mil subscribers, several videos with over a million views

that ain’t poo poo

quote:

A total of 73 million households worldwide have watched royal drama The Crown since it began in 2016, according to figures released by Netflix.

It's the first time the streaming giant has revealed viewing data for the series about the British monarchy.
The third season, which stars Olivia Colman as the Queen, was watched in 21 million homes in its first four weeks.

she’ll always be Sophie to me.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
and she’ll always be asmr Harry Potter YouTube roleplayer to me

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

at the risk of pointing out the obvious, that is a youtuber who looks a bit like a young olivia colman in that still and not oscar-winning actor olivia colman who is busy making real art filming Paul King's Wonka

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Some Guy TT posted:

flags of my fathers is top tier wwii film just because it accurately depicts people being turbo racist to the native guy and him falling into depression because he thinks he fought for nothing and the white guys have been thinking the same thing just not as severely

I liked both the clint eastwood WW2 movies.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

josh04 posted:

at the risk of pointing out the obvious, that is a youtuber who looks a bit like a young olivia colman in that still and not oscar-winning actor olivia colman who is busy making real art filming Paul King's Wonka

Thanks, I was worried about how mainstream ASMR freaks had gotten for a second.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
just finished arcane s1 and goddamn this poo poo rules. cspam as hell. silco did nothing wrong

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

is arcane fun if you have somewhere close to zero league of legends knowledge, as that is my situation

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Crusader posted:

is arcane fun if you have somewhere close to zero league of legends knowledge, as that is my situation

We knew nothing and my wife and I loved it.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Crusader posted:

yes absolutely

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

gracias all

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
another Turner Classic Movies hub on HBOMax update:

I watched Days of Thunder last night. Really solid flick. Drags in the middle because wow, no on-screen couple has had less chemistry than Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. I did not care about their relationship whatsoever - get me back to Robert DuVall and Michael Rooker!

Also adds so much context to like half of the jokes in Talladega Nights - I wonder if John C. Riley was cast as Cal Naughton Jr. specifically because of his role in Days of Thunder.

If you wanna watch a big dumb action movie that has some really well shot racing scenes, I'm giving it the official: Holds Up.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

josh04 posted:

👁

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

I would like to know more.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol a friend told me the only version of It's A Wonderful Life on Amazon Prime for free is the colorized version wtf :cmon:

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

violence in tv and movies has been bothering me even more than usual since i started having sleep troubles this year but i got lucky with a few shows with good vibes last night with some stuff on pluto tv.

a couple episodes of Neo Ultra Q (sort of a twilight zone type show) The Tokyo Protocol about greenhouse gases causing power outages and balloon monsters that attach themselves to buildings to absorb them and Falmagan and Michiru about a plant/trash monster that can repair broken stuff and helps a girl w messed up legs.

then i changed channels to one that was playing episodes of Daria and that show really holds up for being 20+ years old with clean animation, jokes about being online (writing an essay for a scholarship from a lovely tech company "wizard" that kept sounding like "blizzard" to me, dad orders too many hotdogs from a bulk meat website because he can't read the computer screen right lol) and nice stuff about caring about your family and interacting with people at school.

and wrapped it up with a chill episode of ultraman ace that's kind of a little shop of horrors deal about a cactus monster with lots of legit cactus facts in it.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

YaketySass posted:

Thanks, I was worried about how mainstream ASMR freaks had gotten for a second.

Reese's Canadian branch did a short film spot hiring a bunch of them.

There was a Burger King commercial featuring John Goodman that was an ASMR parody.

small steps.

although I suppose the larger significance with the BK ad is that the pay for commercials is big enough these days that even fat guys won't mind doing spots for burgers.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
John Goodman lost a ton of weight though so maybe people who haven't seen him since Roseanne (I'm sure those morons exist) would think he's a success story because he only ate Chicken Fries for six months.

lmao remember the Chicken Fries ad spots? i remember they had one series where they clearly had just gotten a hold of "make animals look like they're talking" tech but there was another spot with a bunch of ripped bros wearing chicken-inspired outfits and they were in a band or something. it literally looked like the Always Sunny "Birds of War" wrestling gag.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

oh wow it's even more involved than that. slipknot sued them over it

https://www.vice.com/en/article/43kyng/slipknot-threatened-to-sue-burger-king-chicken-fries

vice posted:

Things got messy, however, when Slipknot caught wind of the whole endeavor. You see, like Slipknot, Coq Roq were a pseudonymous crew of hard rockers—they had names like Fowl Mouth, Free Range, and Firebird—who wore, importantly, creepy masks. Coq Roq, however, didn't style themselves like the residents of a theme park haunted house; they just wore kind of upsetting chicken masks. Still, this rubbed Slipknot the wrong way. In the eyes of their legal team, Coq Roq was a deliberate attempt to profit off their image. According to The Smoking Gun, shortly after the launch of the campaign, a lawyer representing Slipknot sent a letter to Burger King corporate threatening a lawsuit.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
and what's worse is that the Chicken Fries had such small portions!

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

gonna lol when Spider-Man 3 (2) hits the top 10 on IMDB

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

another Turner Classic Movies hub on HBOMax update:

I watched Days of Thunder last night. Really solid flick. Drags in the middle because wow, no on-screen couple has had less chemistry than Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. I did not care about their relationship whatsoever - get me back to Robert DuVall and Michael Rooker!

Also adds so much context to like half of the jokes in Talladega Nights - I wonder if John C. Riley was cast as Cal Naughton Jr. specifically because of his role in Days of Thunder.

If you wanna watch a big dumb action movie that has some really well shot racing scenes, I'm giving it the official: Holds Up.

Yeah Tony Scott was a great director

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
lol days of thunder has Tom Cruise as a co-writer with Robert Towne.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

https://twitter.com/coopercooperco/status/1471182100753793031?s=20

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
if right-wingers think the white race is so superior then why does everyone prefer tommy as the green ranger over the white ranger?

boom checkmate chuds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Chicken Fries are disgusting. I used to work with a dude who loved them so much he'd get some everyday for lunch.