Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Yeah, I'm really curious about the "Is Logan trying to make another baby?" thing.

On the one hand, he hates all four of his kids and is cocky (:wiggle:) enough to try for another one, even despite being old as gently caress. On the other, it totally could be something the kids are completely misunderstanding. Sure, walnuts are said to help your sperm count or whatever, but they're also suggested for a ton of other health stuff, including aging, needing more energy, etc. Maca is probably the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
A big part of Logan always winning is that he rationalizes whatever his current circumstance is as winning. The shareholder vote got postponed by giving up something huge, multiple board seats to his hated rival, which he excused by saying that was his kids loving up and he would have done better, though he doesn't know what. Now this situation started as an attempt to buy up a tech giant to match with their content and has ended with him getting outmaneuvered and bought out by the other company's owner. Logan didn't get voted out in Kendal's coup but only because of circumstance landing in his lap. He didn't get bear hugged successfully by Kendal/Stewie/and his mortal enemy because circumstance shined on him again. He didn't get out maneuvered this time because Tom betrayed Shiv due to things totally outside of Logan's control. The big deals Logan really wanted were buying a bunch of local TV stations and buying up a liberal legacy media empire. He failed in both.

The truth is Logan is just as much of a gently caress up as his kids. He just had an early career winning streak he's been coasting off his entire life. That's the real nature of power in the US. Once you're in, it's on autopilot. You almost have to want to fail to lose it. Which Logan nearly had multiple times.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Read After Burning posted:

Yeah, I'm really curious about the "Is Logan trying to make another baby?" thing.

On the one hand, he hates all four of his kids and is cocky (:wiggle:) enough to try for another one, even despite being old as gently caress. On the other, it totally could be something the kids are completely misunderstanding. Sure, walnuts are said to help your sperm count or whatever, but they're also suggested for a ton of other health stuff, including aging, needing more energy, etc. Maca is probably the same thing.

I get the arrogance behind it but... he must realise that he's not going to be able to raise that kid right? What's the point of wanting a flesh and blood successor if they won't take power until 25 years after you're gone and you have to rely on someone else to impart your monstrous lessons on them?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Yeah I don’t see Logan giving a poo poo about keeping it in the family anymore. His family are all fuckups, and now hes ensuring they wont get to run it.

Has Conner ever actually been right about anything? Also what’s the deal with him not being involved; did he sell his shares already? I’m sure the show covered that but I cant recall.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's absolutely just Connor being a doofus.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Oh.

https://twitter.com/joycecaroloates/status/1470822610225315848?s=21

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
:thunk:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I don't think Logan is going for more kids and that Kerry is just loving with the kids.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

I don't think Logan is going for more kids and that Kerry is just loving with the kids.

God tier troll then

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Also yeah getting bought out would have been a big L for season 2 episode 1 Logan.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Has he “won” anything business-wise in the entire show?

Assume “won” doesn’t include staving off disaster.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Despera posted:

God tier troll then

She's got a bit of a poo poo eating grin after she delivers the gloop enhancer

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

lol oh wow

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

wtf?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Guze posted:

Shiv told Tom the plan, had nothing when he asked "Where does that leave me, Shiv?" and then still expected him to use ATN to shovel dirt on Logan's grave,

edit: Tom confirmed smarter than Shiv. He gets an affirmative that Greg is in and doesn't spell out his whole plan
I just watched the episode so am posting my thoughts before catching up. I got a few posts in before realizing that people thought Tom told Logan.

I thought the whole thing at the end was Logan basically patting Tom like a stray cat and that telling Greg was the reason. The fear of prison was gone and the only real turning point was when Shiv finished her speech with “I hope your marriage is cool like ours”. That was bullshit you say at a wedding but the phone conversation was basically her saying “I love you” in Shiv-speak.

In the end I think next season is cool kids + Tom against Logan, Greg and Connor. I don’t recall seeing a shooting star let alone wishing on one so Skarsgard is probably not going to actually run Waystar next season.

Greg was actively working both sides quite literally was summarized by his double date with a servant of the family and nebulous royalty. I think Tom went to Greg immediately exactly like he did when the threat of prison disappeared, and Greg went to Logan like he did when asked for a promotion.

Also the confession scene landed for me, probably even more because of those yin-yang Jeremy Strong articles. It felt like it must have been kind of real if he legitimately alienated himself from the actual cast.

Now i’ll read the last six pages or so and see how dumb or smart i feel.

edit:

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's hosed up that there are three separate characters named Caroline, Karolina and Kerry.
Literally over 10% of the people at my office share my first name. Half spell it differently but I don’t interact with them often.

Those names aren’t even close coming from someone who rarely sees their name spelled correctly except in emails from a guy that spells my name wrong.

Caroline, Karolina and Kerry are easy as hell and you should be ashamed for your confusion. If it was Caroline P., Caroline T., and Kerry P. I would still beg you to recognize that they have to write their last initial on everything but otherwise are separate people living real lives and are all glad Kerry K. moved to Tucson after her mom died.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 15, 2021

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
There were people after the penultimate episode who said it was stupid to assume it was a suicide attempt. And then the episode is aptly about the whole family telling Kendal it was a suicide attempt and hi deflecting before eventually breaking down.

This feels like “storm front isn’t a Nazi” levels of madness for interpreting a tv show. The dude was facedown in his pool. He was blowing bubbles because he had literally just shoved his face there seconds earlier. You can still breathe for several seconds after shoving your head underwater. Sometimes (always) for a tv show, the text you are shown is just text, not subtext.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011

SLOSifl posted:

I just watched the episode so am posting my thoughts before catching up. I got a few posts in before realizing that people thought Tom told Logan.

I thought the whole thing at the end was Logan basically patting Tom like a stray cat and that telling Greg was the reason. The fear of prison was gone and the only real turning point was when Shiv finished her speech with “I hope your marriage is cool like ours”. That was bullshit you say at a wedding but the phone conversation was basically her saying “I love you” in Shiv-speak.

In the end I think next season is cool kids + Tom against Logan, Greg and Connor. I don’t recall seeing a shooting star let alone wishing on one so Skarsgard is probably not going to actually run Waystar next season.

Greg was actively working both sides quite literally was summarized by his double date with a servant of the family and nebulous royalty. I think Tom went to Greg immediately exactly like he did when the threat of prison disappeared, and Greg went to Logan like he did when asked for a promotion.

Also the confession scene landed for me, probably even more because of those yin-yang Jeremy Strong articles. It felt like it must have been kind of real if he legitimately alienated himself from the actual cast.

For what it's worth, a bunch of post-finale interviews with Jesse Armstrong and various actors confirm that Tom betrayed the kids to Logan

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Greg is still a revolutionary sleeper agent for Grandpa Ewan and Roger Pugh.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Tom didn't give Greg any of the details

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

the show has been leaving plenty of clues that Skarsgard’s character is in fact the same person as his vampire character on True Blood, having used his thousand years of savings to start a tech company under a new alias

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Ive always found Roman Conner and Shiv to be reliable narrators of the truth.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Problematic Pigeon posted:

For what it's worth, a bunch of post-finale interviews with Jesse Armstrong and various actors confirm that Tom betrayed the kids to Logan
God dammit. But phrased that way he could have betrayed them by telling Greg. I don’t want to be wrong. :(

Greg is NG+ Kendal and it’s only right that he cheeses the first six bosses, but it’s more impressive if someone gets the good ending on a meandering blind play through. I might stand firm on this, I think it was Greg. Shiv thought Tom blew it but Tom knew Greg burned him the second Logan looked at him.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
Tom didn't tell Greg anything about what was happening, he wouldn't even know who he should be betraying to who about what.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Tom didn't tell Greg anything about what was happening, he wouldn't even know who he should be betraying to who about what.

maybe he was listening in on tom’s fbi wire

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I think he just had to say Tom said something is happening and it’s big, and Logan called one or two people at most to learn about one of those fifty phone calls the kids made.

Lawyer/confidant: hey your son called and asked about if thing in the divorce was still in effect, i said i don’t know. dude it might be though 🤷

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 15, 2021

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
How would Greg know that what Tom was talking about had anything to do with Logan? Or if it did, that Logan was who he needed to tip off, and not someone else?

Not that it matters, since Tom's whole season 3 arc leads up to this moment, and the creator and actors have explicitly said that Tom himself was the one who tipped off Logan.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I know i’m wrong.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
The actual little detail to obsess over: apparently the lawyer mentioned to be the one handling redoing the divorce settlement is the same lawyer that Tom wanted to set up a meeting with way earlier in the season, after he offered himself up to Logan as a possible sacrificial lamb.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The actual little detail to obsess over: apparently the lawyer mentioned to be the one handling redoing the divorce settlement is the same lawyer that Tom wanted to set up a meeting with way earlier in the season, after he offered himself up to Logan as a possible sacrificial lamb.

The one who talked him into wearing a wire for the feds :)

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

SLOSifl posted:

edit:

Literally over 10% of the people at my office share my first name. Half spell it differently but I don’t interact with them often.

Those names aren’t even close coming from someone who rarely sees their name spelled correctly except in emails from a guy that spells my name wrong.

Caroline, Karolina and Kerry are easy as hell and you should be ashamed for your confusion. If it was Caroline P., Caroline T., and Kerry P. I would still beg you to recognize that they have to write their last initial on everything but otherwise are separate people living real lives and are all glad Kerry K. moved to Tucson after her mom died.

The point was he wasn’t going to die off screen. People keep reading into every detail literally and it’s pretty funny.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Why would shiv be visually upset with Tom if the implication wasn’t that he was the insider? Lmao

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Nuts and Gum posted:

Why would shiv be visually upset with Tom if the implication wasn’t that he was the insider? Lmao

To be fair it took me a second to work out and I had to rewatch that scene. If you miss Logan's expression when he sees Tom and Shiv's expression when she sees Logan's expression then it could fly under the radar.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Nuts and Gum posted:

Bc toms wearing a wire for the feds and she just figured it out. Case NOT closed, this whole house of cards is going to tumble and its all due to Tom-wire

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Tom is actually a fed on a long-term undercover mission.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

fr0id posted:

Sometimes (always) for a tv show, the text you are shown is just text, not subtext.

this should be the TV IV title

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Cranappleberry posted:

Tom is actually a fed on a long-term undercover mission.

a deep cover irs agent

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Shivs gonna shiv tom

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It's a dumb tweet on her part, but it's made even dumber because it's in response to Glen loving Mazzara. :stare:

Edit: to be clear, I'm not a TWD fan, but goddamn do I love The Shield.

Edit: a Tomlette was made, likely at the expense of many Greggs.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 15, 2021

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/selahspades/status/1470280037240696832?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What's this actually implying though? That Tom saught legal advice from a divorce lawyer six episodes ago or that he was actually planning something with Logan that early on?