Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

"We'll live lovely forever" has stuck in my head since reading this comic the first time, however many years ago. Though I always remembered it as "We'll live lovely, forever".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

ikanreed posted:

Goddamn it, this annoys me. A qualified therapist is(in addition to offering CBT coping mechanisms) likely to tell you to develop a hobby, exercise more, and meet new people.

Someone trying any of those is doing a good thing for their depression. Therapy isn't magic get-better words. At its very best, it's personalized, evidence-based advice on what will help.

Interrupting someone's healthy self care plan to tell them to a forced clinical approach is just as loving lovely as telling people things like "you're not depressed, you just need to get out more"

Okay, I'm done being mad at the cartoon frog.

therapy is when i dom pay pigs

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

but doctor, getting mad at webcomics is my therapy

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
are we posting achewood because i am down to post achewood

don't read a cartoon start a family / that's what they always used to say

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Dieting Hippo posted:

are we posting achewood because i am down to post achewood

don't read a cartoon start a family / that's what they always used to say

People let the chronological posting of it lapse.

I tried to pick it up but then someone else picked it up before the point I'd started.

The PYF part is confusing because picking your favorite parts means leaving out the embarrassing and historical parts and then everyone would post the same thing over and over.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

I'm glad you made this because I had the exact same thought but am waaaaaaaaaaaaay too lazy

to type some words into mspaint

Montague Tigg has a new favorite as of 03:45 on Dec 15, 2021

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Please don't, I don't want what nudes Jim Davis enjoys to be information that exists in my brain

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Captain Hygiene posted:

Please don't, I don't want what nudes Jim Davis enjoys to be information that exists in my brain

Whenever I think of Jim Davis originals, I just think of the Pipe Strip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw&t=1s

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I wanna see jim davis' full hog

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

sexpig by night posted:

I wanna see jim davis' full hog

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Saddest Rhino posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTlzUpmp8sY

I may be wrong but onstad and the freeze pop vocalist were dating at the time of the comic, and then were married until recently

Lol I had no idea but it makes sense

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Whenever I think of Jim Davis originals, I just think of the Pipe Strip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw&t=1s

Jon Arbuckle, 2.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Dieting Hippo posted:

Jon Arbuckle, 2.

Jon Arbuckle, 0.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Technocrat posted:

https://twitter.com/NoobtheLoser/status/1470553184745754627?t=osLNDuST7bF78bvA85cU9g&s=19

It almost feels like a Jucika comic, but she operates without dialogue

In a Jucika comic, the guy would pay the kid to leave and then Jucika would play with the cars.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

So, I'll not bore you with the context but an edit of this used on a weekly basis in a gaming discord channel I'm in.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

BaldDwarfOnPCP has a new favorite as of 05:23 on Dec 15, 2021

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

BaldDwarfOnPCP has a new favorite as of 05:22 on Dec 15, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

skeleton warrior posted:

In early webcomics circles people used to talk about “pulling a Cerebus” - i.e., attemtping to imitate Dave Sim’s transition of his comic from its early stage of stupid parody jokes into its mid stage of complex, interesting drama. Many webcomic authors tried to do it, only a very few actually managed to do it.

Ishida is probably the only one who jumped from the early stage Cerebus joke-a-day format straight into the late stage Cerebus use-my-comic-to-scream-about-my-political-enemies-and-their-conspiracies-against-me

I'm pretty sure Ishida is far from the only one, just one of the few who had significant popularity and clout beforehand.

Supposedly the timeline went that he started out with cheeky, mildly self-depreciating fratboy humour and his girlfriend supposedly got him into radfem in the insincerely self-flagellating male feminist style, see also Joss Whedon. Then that went full more into hardcore SWERF and TERFdom, with a lot of his fans starting to get nervous and wonder when he's going to start making jokes again. (Though with a lot of it, you can see the early warning signs from a while back, like a weird fixation on pimps and hoes) And then he got Twitter poisoning pretty much immediately and has gone full disingenuous cancel culture chud.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
I understand the pipeline from radfem to terf, but I'm not clear on how that transitions to maga?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Fagtastic posted:

I understand the pipeline from radfem to terf, but I'm not clear on how that transitions to maga?
Via social conservatism, dark money and a predilection for antisemitic conspiracy theories, amongst other things

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

ikanreed posted:

Goddamn it, this annoys me. A qualified therapist is(in addition to offering CBT coping mechanisms) likely to tell you to develop a hobby, exercise more, and meet new people.

Someone trying any of those is doing a good thing for their depression. Therapy isn't magic get-better words. At its very best, it's personalized, evidence-based advice on what will help.

Interrupting someone's healthy self care plan to tell them to a forced clinical approach is just as loving lovely as telling people things like "you're not depressed, you just need to get out more"

Okay, I'm done being mad at the cartoon frog.

if you're starting cbt, don't jump off the deep end immediately, start with some squeezing and slaps before the boot stomping

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Fagtastic posted:

The kind of people who transition from radfem to terf don't really have a coherent ideology other than doubling down and hatred of the outgroup.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

ChubbyChecker posted:

if you're starting cbt, don't jump off the deep end immediately, start with some squeezing and slaps before the boot stomping

Are you talking about actual Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or cock and ball torture? So hard to tell around here.

But if CBT everything bilateral is okay? Your therapist might wave their finger around or encourage you to think about poo poo while you're walking. Kind of a big area.

Tapping thighs or chest or just watching the way your legs move as you walk are all legitimate ways to be mindful.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hazardousmouse posted:

So, I'll not bore you with the context but an edit of this used on a weekly basis in a gaming discord channel I'm in.

weekly, huh? Interesting.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Let's see if I can figure out what those symbols mean

"Knives at dawn"
"Harps"
"Food Processors"
"Cargo hold"
"Objection!"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Whybird posted:

The kind of people who transition from radfem to terf don't really have a coherent ideology other than doubling down and hatred of the outgroup.

:hmmyes:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

some plague rats posted:

I've played that game and still have no idea what the edit means. loving Achewood.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1471110891701776393

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Fagtastic posted:

You start out posting transphobic poo poo, get called out by people who aren't transphobes and get lauded by people who are transphobes. So you start hanging out with transphobes, because those people won't call you an rear end in a top hat. And before you know it you've fallen down a social media rabbit hole were everyone who agrees with you and compliments you and interacts positively with you in any way are altrighters, qanonists and magamen.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

some plague rats posted:

That's how long the login queues are right now, or it'd be daily.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Fagtastic posted:

This is just a theory, but I think it happens when they get past the point of no return and can't be argued or reasoned with any longer. They start taking non-terf's frustrated unwillingness to engage with them anymore as sign of an underlying conspiracy and it's easy for maga chuds to sell that back to them as 'proof' that their way of thinking is correct.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #334: Gun, food, water and cell phone

===========================

Hitmen for Destiny #335: Giving advice and looking around the city

Hitmen for Destiny #336: Shoot and run

Hitmen for Destiny #337: Thingamajig and detonator

Bodycount: 145 146+*
+Gun shop owner

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 20:03 on Dec 15, 2021

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

ok, I know that those are FFXIV class icons... the yellow and purple icons are buffs that turn your damage into either all magic or all physical...

oh I get it, those are the special boys that do both types?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Stop being so goddamn good at this.

When you mentioned a gamer left behind parody that was already good enough, dammit

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
yes I know this isn't a Knuckles story but it is a Kitching/Dobbyn joint that took the place of the Knuckles strip for 2 issues (heck Dobbyn even co-wrote it, though he didn't do his own colors)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fagtastic posted:

it makes a lot more sense when you realize that most transphobes actually just loving loathe women and are happy rooting for whichever team is going to let them openly do that. so they start out concern trolling about trans people because it gave their misogyny a veneer of mainstream social acceptability but they eventually realize that they can just join the out and proud bigots.

exhibit 'A' is tatsuya ishida himself, sinfest's run is just a revolving door of different reasons to judge women

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

finally they invented a cure for fall damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

I swear to god I posted this, but I can not find it in the thread.

Boba Pearl posted:

It took me 5 days, because I was splitting apart my earlier comics for webtoons, I know I had said I dropped them, but I was thinking if I re-did everything so that it scrolled better maybe it'd be more attractive to the webtoon fanbase, I'd get more eyes on it. and then realized I was doing an insane amount of work for something I don't even like, so I drew this update over again, but instead of 800px at 900px but still couldn't get it right. Then after I drew it the third time, I realized something really important. I want to do all sorts of stupid poo poo with this comic, whether it's crappy animations, or lining up fight scenes with music, or writing short stories to go along with them, and I can't do any of that with webtoons. If I want to show this the way I want too, if I want to follow a personal vision, then I need more horizontal space, and the freedom that only a webforum or website could provide. So I started over again, I better planned out what I wanted to do, and I'm fully settled no more flip flopping, I'm making a webcomic not a webtoon, and I'm going to have to get popular off of my own website and forums. That also means comic is big now.

ALSO I have my website up again after the log4j attack, but I still need to remake the supplemental information. Did a whole re-design, and I've actually cut out the other project and am 100% focusing on the comic. If you have ANY experience in webdesign or creating a usable UX then please give me your words. I still don't know how to make a last post button, and I'm still figuring out how to make the side widget collapsible so a giant orange button isn't floating in your face.

https://bobapearlessence.com.