Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress, quote is not edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

eke out posted:

i was listening to the Wheel Takes on these chapters and yeah, it jumps out how Rand is constantly thinking about how he should stop whatever he's doing and kiss her in public, like way more than how the propriety-obsessed two rivers kids normally think. it's not normal horny teen stuff so much as "constantly have to resist the urge to worship her"

selene is an absolutely normal noblewoman who wants to hang with this dipshit farmboy and there is nothing odd about that in the slightest. realistically anyone would want to hang with selene and the implication that she's evil in some form is entirely unfounded. nothing about this is off in any way. don't worry about it.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Johnny Joestar posted:

selene is an absolutely normal noblewoman who wants to hang with this dipshit farmboy and there is nothing odd about that in the slightest. realistically anyone would want to hang with selene and the implication that she's evil in some form is entirely unfounded. nothing about this is off in any way. don't worry about it.

this is absolutely correct and yuou should listen to JJ *weaves proprietary web of true power herbs and spices at u*

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Johnny Joestar posted:

Plus she clearly wants to bang me :smug:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

MegaZeroX posted:

And also good to get a lock on because as India's median income improves it will eventually eclipse NA + Europe markets combined.

Potentially, the word you're looking for is potentially. Not that Amazon shouldn't make efforts to get a good place in the Indian markets, but viewing it as obviously eventually eclipsing the EU+NA markets leads to a certain incredibly unpleasant phenomenon that's unfortunately fairly common. Namely always pursuing the potential profits from a theoretically larger market at the expense of your current one. Because before India it was China, and let's just ask Blizzard how well fellating the CCP and telling their western audience to suck it up has done for them (and yes I know Blizzard's problems are far more extensive than that, but their handling of several China matters were extremely poor publicity that certainly didn't help). And all the while the vast majority of their income was (and still is) coming from those western sources.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

MegaZeroX posted:

I'm curious about this. What are you referring to here? I kind of got that it was doing pretty well in India from Amazon's statement and Parrot Analytics' global data, but is there like a YouTuber or something talking about it?

random twitter person, retweeted by a WOT fan and if you look at reaction videos from India, there's a few on YouTube as well.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Plus she clearly wants to bang me :smug:

The dumb thing is she actually totally wants to bang Rand and he still doesn't get any action. What a dork.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

I don't think this has been posted here yet, but I'm officially hyped for Uno now:

https://twitter.com/robertsguy/status/1470771489234423809

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
A little over half way through Crossroads of Twilight. Its good so far. I don't mind the Elayne politicking that much. The story has now switched over to Egwene and the White Tower split. Not sure how that's going to turn out. Mat's story kind vanished a bit hopefully it returns later , I'm interested in what Rand did succeed in doing. There's a lot of reactions to it but not seeing any of the results yet.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Uno is already a treasure :allears:

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

MegaZeroX posted:

I don't think this has been posted here yet, but I'm officially hyped for Uno now:

https://twitter.com/robertsguy/status/1470771489234423809

I love him

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Numero Uno!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

eke out posted:

it would be extremely funny if it played out like in the books and everyone is just incredibly horny and deferential to her while she says things that make it incredibly clear she's evil

was she doing her low level compulsion thing there? i forget

I am pretty sure she was, it was really obvious when egwene meets her in the tower.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Pleads posted:

The dumb thing is she actually totally wants to bang Rand and he still doesn't get any action. What a dork.

Gotta wonder how that's going to go down with show Rand who canonically fucks. He's not carrying around a big sack of puritan repression any more.

This Rand definitely isn't going to be telling Aviendha they have to get married after banging in an igloo.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

He might just intuit that she’s bad news, now he’s a bit older.

Or they might bone down, it doesn’t actually change much if they do.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I'm listening to The Great Hunt again, and man do I hate panicky "Gotta GET OUT" Rand. Even more, I loathe that stupid "I must harm the ones I love to drive them away from me because I'm too dangerous to be around" bullshit. The first time I tried to read that book, back in 2010 or so, it aggravated me so much that I quit reading and didn't give it a try again (this time on audiobook) for almost ten years.

Seriously, gently caress that plotline. :colbert:

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

jng2058 posted:

I'm listening to The Great Hunt again, and man do I hate panicky "Gotta GET OUT" Rand. Even more, I loathe that stupid "I must harm the ones I love to drive them away from me because I'm too dangerous to be around" bullshit. The first time I tried to read that book, back in 2010 or so, it aggravated me so much that I quit reading and didn't give it a try again (this time on audiobook) for almost ten years.

One of the things RJ wanted to do with the series was show realistic reactions based on past trauma and culture/upbringing. The "I have to push people away and isolate myself for everyone else's sake" is a very realistic response, especially considering how the Dragon Reborn is painted in the world and the known consequences of being a man who can channel. He quite literally, and with good reason, believes he is going to go mad and kill them, or get them killed by association with him.

I've encountered that behavior in fellow veterans, and did it myself on a smaller scale during a depressive episode.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Gotta wonder how that's going to go down with show Rand who canonically fucks. He's not carrying around a big sack of puritan repression any more.

This Rand definitely isn't going to be telling Aviendha they have to get married after banging in an igloo.

Beefeater1980 posted:

He might just inuit that she’s bad news, now he’s a bit older.

:dadjoke:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
My guess: they combine Min and Hurin, then Selene shows up and gets in Min's way

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

My guess: they combine Min and Hurin, then Selene shows up and gets in Min's way

Is this a lead in to the Always Sunny bit? Smells crime, full penetration, smells crime, etc. etc. until the story just kind of ends.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

prediction for next episode: machin shin attacks the group in the ways and rand, in a state of panic, does something weird that moiraine picks up on and starts suspecting him more of being the dragon because of it

i say this primarily because the last time rand channeled was when he frantically slammed down a massive door with just his shoulder in an attempt to escape

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
It's always sunny in shayol ghul

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

obvious opening to repost this
https://www.reddit.com/r/WetlanderH...utm_name=iossmf

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

prediction for next episode: machin shin attacks the group in the ways and rand, in a state of panic, does something weird that moiraine picks up on and starts suspecting him more of being the dragon because of it

i say this primarily because the last time rand channeled was when he frantically slammed down a massive door with just his shoulder in an attempt to escape

Theres a full rundown on episode 7 in the leaks subreddit if anyone is interested, probably a media guy who gets advance screeners

https://old.reddit.com/r/WoTShowLeaks/

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I still can't get over the fact that Lanfear joined and stuck with team shadow because she couldn't get over her boyfriend dumping her 3000 years ago.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Uno for Tamyrlin seat!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Hexel posted:

Theres a full rundown on episode 7 in the leaks subreddit if anyone is interested, probably a media guy who gets advance screeners

https://old.reddit.com/r/WoTShowLeaks/

but the episode is so soon, i don't want to ruin myself on it

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

jng2058 posted:

having been an depressed 17 y/o, that is a pretty relatable reaction, honestly. I think it is overdone and repetitive, but it's not a bad idea in of itself.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i'm sorry but if you got a good post to make, make it here instead of linking to it on reddit.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Nitrousoxide posted:

I still can't get over the fact that Lanfear joined and stuck with team shadow because she couldn't get over her boyfriend dumping her 3000 years ago.

Even the other chosen are like "wait, you're *seriously* still hung up on him?" it's so funny

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

in contrast, Mesaana's "denied tenure, began a reign of terror" is realistic

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Promo images for episode 7 in this twitter thread

https://twitter.com/povododragao/status/1471117389970526214

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
nothing beats the guy who's not quite as tall as LTT. just the dumbest parody of short man syndrome

Calenth
Jul 11, 2001

Nitrousoxide posted:

The other funny thing is that Lanfear is basically a direct insert of the title character from H. Rider Haggard's She -- same description, same motivation, same character beats, etc. I actually asked Jordan once if it had been intentional and it took him by surprise and he said that it wasn't intentional but he had read She when he was a kid so he couldn't rule it out.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
is there any way to say "cool story bro" without sounding insincere?

that's a cool story

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Hexel posted:

Promo images for episode 7 in this twitter thread

https://twitter.com/povododragao/status/1471117389970526214

Min!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
bro what's the point of the spoiler tag

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
What was the thing in the Sanderson books about how the Forsaken aren't the most dangerous or powerful but just the most selfish egotistical jerks? Like there were more effective AoL dark folks who were happy to quietly tear down civilization without making it all about them.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Official episode 7 teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXo8Fz-hyRE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Oh my God I don't want spoilers to a book series I reread two times.