Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guess I just straight up didn't play as much as last year. I guess I WAS pretty busy.

Subnautica is going to get snubbed on the list next year by virtue of me starting it in December and splitting across years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bought a new SD card to go along with my oled (which finally showed up yesterday). Mainly because bestbuy had all of them half off. And because Fatal Frame decided to take up a gigantic amount of space on my old 32 gb or whatever it is. Just like the Wii U version taking the entire hard drive. Which was why I never got it.

But I'm disappointed they advertised the card coming with 200 coins. And advertise it with the gold coin picture. And it turns out to be the silver (platinum?) ones. Especially since I already got the metroid posters a few weeks back. So there won't even be anything to get, aside from jpegs :negative:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You could get a calendar.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1470875252494241793?t=CuMVZcsFpMh0ZBTX7QOI0g&s=19

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

The Bloop posted:

Guess I just straight up didn't play as much as last year. I guess I WAS pretty busy.

Subnautica is going to get snubbed on the list next year by virtue of me starting it in December and splitting across years

How does xcom 2 run? Got burned by the ps4 version sp assumed this would be a no go but you seem to have got some mileage from it!

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I already have the 2016 one, where Mario and the others are in the Japanese festival outfits and stuff. The new ones won't be as good as that.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Zurtilik posted:

Y'all should give Littlewood a spin.

i ALREADY do this every day for 500 years!!! :D

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Dang, I went from 227 hours of Animal Crossing to 17 this year.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Science_enthusiast posted:

How does xcom 2 run? Got burned by the ps4 version sp assumed this would be a no go but you seem to have got some mileage from it!

It was a little janky at times. Crashed twice in those 60 hours. I know people with $7000 PCs scoff at it but it's the only way I played it and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Nabbed one of those shields, thx

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Shneak posted:

Dang, I went from 227 hours of Animal Crossing to 17 this year.

Same would've been said of me, prior to the AC direct.

That update got me back in, my wife even more so.

Guarantee my next year's most played game will be Pikmin 3.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I hate to interrupt the Switch thread at its... most interesting, but-

:siren:PICROSS S7:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zLN8IaCNFM

e Series style touch control support!!

NA - January 10th
Europe/AU/NZ - December 27th

Tempura Wizard fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Dec 15, 2021

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

No surprises here, though it's too bad that Great Ace Attorney gets bumped off by the behemoth that is replaying Xenoblade.

Dang that’s a lot of time for Pokémon Snap, I loved that game but fell off after 25 hours. Did you do every challenge in the game?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Dang that’s a lot of time for Pokémon Snap, I loved that game but fell off after 25 hours. Did you do every challenge in the game?

Of course I did! And every star photo too. I've been waiting for this game for 20 years there was no way I wasn't gonna do everything possible in it.

I actually haven't even had time to dig into the DLC cause it came out just as I got really busy so I still have that to look forward to eventually when I want more.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Tempura Wizard posted:

NA - January 10th
PAL - December 27th

Ugh I just finished Sega Picross and haven't even picked up Picross 6 yet!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Momomo posted:

I cannot let the demands for rabbit pictures go unfulfilled. Behold the Holland:

Here he is after getting into my game cases. It was a day of destruction.

That's a quality bun.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

My numbers are all thrown off bc my partner shares my account now, I've played Witcher 3 for like 10 hours. Animal Crossing and Groove Coaster are all me though, and my GC time is gonna go through the roof now that online multiplayer just dropped.

Also :black101:

Edit: TOUCH PICROSS HOLY poo poo, hopefully the older games get updated too

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't believe that in only a few hours we will have the surprise releases of both Silksong and Sports Story.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Of course I did! And every star photo too. I've been waiting for this game for 20 years there was no way I wasn't gonna do everything possible in it.

I actually haven't even had time to dig into the DLC cause it came out just as I got really busy so I still have that to look forward to eventually when I want more.

If I remember correctly some of the challenges were bugged and didn’t give me credit for them back around the time the game launched, so I sort of gave up on them. But they must have been fixed (if they were ever actually broken, I could have imagined that), so I think it’s time to dive back in :dance:

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Heck yeah more color picross

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Just spent the points but they wont ship to Canada. Living in a 2nd world country is the poo poo.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Tempura Wizard posted:

NA - January 10th
Europe/AU/NZ - December 27th

:worship:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Zurtilik posted:

Eww. How?

I play a lot at my desk and being a massive baby about using the sticks on my joycons I tend to just use my pro controller. It allows me to slouch however I want too.

My posture is woeful.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol at the 30x30 extra puzzles.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just finished Picross S3 the other week, should probably just jump to S7. But I suppose I miss out on the extra puzzles in S4-S6 because I have save data from S1/S2/S3?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Postman posted:

Heck yeah more color picross

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Yay, Picross. S6 was one of my most played games of the year with 71 hours. The other two were Link-a-Pix Deluxe (159 hours) And Pic-a-Pix Deluxe (68 hours) so check those out too if you like Picross.

Last year I spent 651 hours in Link-a-Pix. It’d have been more this year but I finished all the DLC and they stopped releasing more unfortunately.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
30 minutes until the indie showcase thing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Silksong will drop.......... I know it......

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
the Switch being an indie game magnet is one of its best features

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Monkey Fracas posted:

Definitely.

I didn't know Cuphead is getting DLC. I may get it after all. I've been wanting to try it for ages. I just don't care much for the Boss Rush style, but god is it gorgeous.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 15, 2021

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Monkey Fracas posted:

yeah especially because those are some of the best portable games, by far the best asset the switch has is the popularity of that space compared to the relative thinness of the AAA game releases recently.

for instance, there are no ps5 games

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Personally hoping for a release date for Card Shark and maybe Fall Guys. Other than that, I have zero expectations.

We're not going to see Silksong*.

*Explicitly posted in the hopes that by saying it, we will see something of Silksong.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah but that's mostly because exclusives have been pretty thin lately. My switch is mostly a port machine, thank god (or Lucifer) that smtv finally came out

There was and still is kind of a worldwide pandemic that may have impacted the stream of releases though

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Monkey Fracas posted:

Xbox Game Pass is the much better platform for indies because you can play a bunch of them for $1 instead of paying the Switch tax of $30 for Cave Story+.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas posted:

:hai:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Love this art

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

God I'm a sucker for retro JRPGs.

Hope the battle system is good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the switch tax is because you get both the portable and console version of the game so really you're saving money

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If I were shown a screenshot of this Alisha game without context I'd say "I don't remember where this part from Breath of the Wild is."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

A new point and click

gently caress yes