Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
From my (dumbass) third party perspective both Whee and Jazerus are doing the exact same thing, given that it is almost impossible to speculate about something about which we know nothing and have no information about whatsoever, and especially when we, as human monkes, are inevitably going to merely be reflecting our own cognitive biases back at ourselves no matter what.

It kinda reminds me of the old problem of how writers can only write characters as smart as they are. Or medieval philosophers arguing about angels and pins. Not something to get all red, mad and nude about

D-Pad posted:

lol I consider it a personal point of pride that the absolutely insane denizens of the covid thread think it's us that are crazy.

Didn't it turn out ol' Wang was making it up? It was loving funny regardless, though

And most of them aren't insane at all, IMO, they might be paranoid but paranoia is the order of the day in a pandemic, especially right at this very moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

The Demilich posted:

I've discovered something in my private studies so profound that it will rock humanity to its core.

This is genuinely a load off my mind, thanks!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
even if birds arent real (they are tho) there is every chance we're going to discover evidence of current or ancient microbial life on mars or one of the outer planets' moons within the next 20 years, maybe even advanced forms like spacefish or something in the icy moons' oceans. We're going to be able to see if anyone's burning a big fatty on planets orbiting nearby stars with the james worb

each day is harder than the last but holy gently caress to be alive now in this moment, to even be able to entertain the possibility of being part of the first generation of humans to know the answer to one of our most ancient shared questions is pretty loving far out

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Tighclops posted:

even if birds arent real (they are tho) there is every chance we're going to discover evidence of current or ancient microbial life on mars or one of the outer planets' moons within the next 20 years, maybe even advanced forms like spacefish or something in the icy moons' oceans. We're going to be able to see if anyone's burning a big fatty on planets orbiting nearby stars with the james worb

each day is harder than the last but holy gently caress to be alive now in this moment, to even be able to entertain the possibility of being part of the first generation of humans to know the answer to one of our most ancient shared questions is pretty loving far out

it's honestly about the only thing that's keeping me going a lot of time

birds
blunts
(some of) my loved ones
music

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

D-Pad posted:

lol I consider it a personal point of pride that the absolutely insane denizens of the covid thread think it's us that are crazy.

oh my god it's like another entry for the classic "goons are beyond the pale" that ends in the Parisian catacombs

it reminds me of the goon who drank so little water he went blind

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUChJnCKaC0

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
music is one of the best kinds of sound. another sound I like is talking

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SniperWoreConverse posted:

it reminds me of the goon who drank so little water he went blind

what in the world lol, tell me more

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
this is a good and generally chill thread and i hope it stays that way

i spend way too much time in the climate, doomsday econ and covid threads (and in my day job lol), jerking off my :spergin: brain looking at ~studies~ and ~data~ and convincing myself that this will lead to enlightenment (or useful knowledge at least)

this is a good thread to take a break from that and read funny posts mixed in with wild weird poo poo. and like the epstein thread, it's one of the only places on the internet for that kind of thing that's not overrun with chuds or straight-up deadshit cunts.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Everybody feels their place on the internet is the only place not overrun by fools. Except for anybody in outer space. Incidentally, they feel like their place is over sun by rules. because they have galactic common law centralising absolute direction.
E: 1995-12-07 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - Remote Viewing - Maj. Ed Dames (first appearance).mp3
I rate this show. 1980s DOD level remote viewing program lead goes public. "No you did not waste your money, my team is now helping find the unibomber"

Lampsacus has issued a correction as of 11:17 on Dec 15, 2021

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Re pnut sharing: there are a few tweets where they mention that they are sharing a lot of curious details about Earth with other cultures - they even have exhibits with artifacts/duplicates of everyday life of newly introduced worlds on their colonies.
And they mention that they are also sharing many of their interactions on Twitter - so take your chance and entertain the pnuttys on Twitter - your tweet/message may be shared with the galaxy!

Of course with goon shitposts these messages will convince the galaxy that Earth is beyond salvation and ready to be destroyed...

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

when’s the pnut big reveal coming? this year? they better get a move on

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Wheeee posted:

anyway have some Ross everyone!

https://youtu.be/RSK6G5b4-_I

quote:

Ross: I actually think the problem we have at the moment is... I'll tell you my gut instinct, this is my gut instinct as a journo. As I said earlier I'm in no doubt that the United States has retrieved technology that it believes is intelligently crafted by a non-human intelligence. I have no doubt about that whatsoever. I've heard that from multiple sources and there's more than enough information on the public record now, including from the cheeky slightly flirtatious statements from Luis Elizondo, I'm in no doubt about that whatsoever. What I think though, is the most interesting admission that's been made by any insider is the comments that were made before he went into Aerospace Corporation by Dr. Eric Davis. And I know there are a few people who try to pour poo poo on Eric Davis and say he doesn't know what he's talking about and he's hiding behind his security clearances and making himself sound more important than he is, but I've spoken to people who've vouched for Eric Davis. He knows what he's talked about, and he's talked about the fact that there's been a back-engineering program trying to re-engineer this technology for decades, and it hasn't been very successful, and that I think is the issue.

quote:

Ross: But I do think there are people at the top of the echelon who know what's going on, and I think a very small number are read into this. Quite a number of the scientists that I've spoken to who have been part of what they assert was 'the program' attempting to back-engineer some of this technology, they describe a scenario where it's so frustrating for them as a scientist that they've been given literally an object to investigate. They're not told anything about it other than a few very limited facts, and they're then told try and figure out how it works. Now the basis of the good science is to publish what you know, put it open for peer review, and allow everybody to analyze your data and tear it down and reassemble it and see what you can conclude as a result of it. That's not happening with this, and that's the tragedy. The tragedy is that I'm told we haven't been very successful in replicating whatever this is, that's the issue.

Yes there are a few people, a very small number of people I suspect, I doubt even a President knows the full story. I suspect George Bush Sr knew the full story, he was probably the last President to be fully read into this, but I don't Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, or even particularly not Donald Trump had any idea, and certainly not Joe Biden. (lol)

quote:

Ross: ... he was literally shown telemetry data showing an anomalous object, craft, call it what you like, maneuvering in front of a DSP defense program satellite changing velocity, changing course, and then entering Earth's atmosphere. I'm told by both American an Australian sources who've worked out of the Pine Gap facility, and that's the facility that records ICBM launches all around the world, it's like America's early warning satellite scanning system for rockets essentially, anomalous space objects. There's also a space telescope in southern Australia, and that's all hard wired into a data feed that goes back to the United States, but a lot of this is run by Australians, and we're doing quite a good job helping out US space command, but I'm told that as well as space junk, increasingly this data is detecting anomalous space objects, objects that are clearly showing intelligent control. But as for what their purpose is, I have no insight into what the purpose is of this, all I can say is yes data is being collected and people are worried about it.

quote:

Ross: Let me preface everything I say here by saying just because I'm reporting what I've been told about the future human hypothesis, I'm not necessarily subscribing to the notion, that I believe it. I've heard it from multiple sources and other people I know have heard it from other sources that are independent of mine, so I do believe that there are people in the intelligence and defense community who are purporting to be aware of this scenario. I cannot explain why they don't just, if this is a future human scenario, wouldn't the best thing to do, and it's the best argument frankly too, why don't they just manifest themselves on the White House lawn in a big flying saucer and everyone can get on with their jobs. I don't know, all I can do is speculate that it involves a fear of adjusting the time stream, which is what I was told, that essentially the very fact of being overt alters the time stream. My understanding, my limited understanding, as much as my tiny little brain can cope with this whole notion, the best it's been explained to me, it's not a case that you can alter the time stream anyway, directly, it's more a case that by going back in time, if this was theoretically the case, if this was possible, by going back in time the increasing speculation is all it's going to do is open up a multiverse, it's going to open up an alternative universe, with an alternative time stream. And so that's what's been explained to me, is that whilst you might have a scenario where, let's assume that there is one group of future humans that wants change to happen and one group of future humans that doesn't want change to happen, maybe they don't know what their meddling will achieve. You know, we're speculating that they know what they're doing, maybe they don't, maybe they're like us, but maybe they're aware that there is a future cataclysm or some kind of apocalyptic event, and they're nervously trying to feel their way around how to deal with it. We assume that people know, we assume our political leaders and our military leaders, and our intelligence chiefs, all know what's going on. In the same way maybe we're assuming that the future human scenario knows what's going on, maybe they don't, but maybe they're trying to do something to let the people in power know that there's a scenario here that's an enormous risk to humanity, and perhaps the most plausible explanation here is that they want to do this with minimal disruption to the time stream.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

69 was easy, 420 was inevitable, but now we gotta get this thread to page 666 before earth vibrates into the fifth density

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i dont buy future human. i can buy other type of human/oid cos i can buy pan spermia but i think time travel is not possible

if a timeline equals a universe and they all make up a multiverse then perhaps travel between those is possible and if so you could presumably choose at which point you enter another timeline/universe but flicking around in the one you are already in just seems not possible or wed have seen it

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Tighclops posted:

Barry Foster posted:

it's honestly about the only thing that's keeping me going a lot of time

birds
blunts
(some of) my loved ones
music

:hai:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I say gently caress the time stream
our fates are not and shall not be carved in stone except our inevitable death
gently caress it up, time travelers
get weird with it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Sleekly posted:

wed have seen it

what if we have and thats the birds

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

i also don’t buy future humans at all, but it’s interesting that it’s a view that’s ostensibly being pushed by multiple sources in military/intelligence to different sources outside, which indicates that it’s either somewhat widely held belief or coordinated disinformation

as Ross has pointed out previously regarding the many people working in military/intelligence organizations who reach out to him, and as well of course to other journalists, at least some of them will be deliberately feeding him disinformation

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Glad Ross is skeptical about the future human hypothesis.

Lmao at the idea that “humans” somehow survive another hundred years without divine/extraterrestrial/multidimensional intervention. Unless these are all the offspring of Musk, Bezos, and a handful of other gazillionaires that make it off this rock.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Fly Ricky posted:

Unless these are all the offspring of Musk, Bezos, and a handful of other gazillionaires that make it off this rock.

We can't ignore the potentiality. Maybe the evangelicals calling all the aliens demons were right.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

aliens are future humans and bigfoot is a morlock

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

future bored capitalist failchildren inventing timeships to travel back to 2004 and gently caress with navy pilots

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

After a distinguished career spanning nearly fourteen decades with the Time Cops, Captain Musko is finally retiring to focus on exploring his true passion, gaming inside the Metaverse where he can spend time with his Luxe model TruWaifu. His eyes sparkle with laughter above his otherwise stoic face as one of his colleagues regales the guests of his retirement party with an embarrassing anecdote from Musko’s past, and just as everyone bursts into laughter at the ridiculous climax of the story a large party balloon in the shape of the Captain’s old badge drifts a little too close to the portal…

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
a thought i've been having fun with is that birds are humans future byproducts, the xenobots. right now they're just lil' pacman dudes figuring out how to build more of each other, but who knows what they could turn into on a long enough timeline once left unattended in the right conditions!

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

That's a :witch: in flight.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

D-Pad posted:

The UFO and COVID thread people hating each other is Farmer and Cowman situation. 🎵The viral prepper and the Lue-man should be friends.🎵

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg5cwSBnyQU

wasn't this one debunked? I recognize it I think.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

iirc that one's a batman balloon

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

D-Pad posted:

That was literally one poster who was being a dumbass. There is plenty of covid/bird thread crossover.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rah! posted:

nice!

I was waiting for the new one to drop

His videos are hella good. Here are the first two ones about hypothetical extraterrestrial life, for anyone who hasnt seen them yet. IMO a must watch for anyone that's interested in birds and likes cool dramatic music and pretty flashing lights and stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUelbSa-OkA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThDYazipjSI

quoting this to watch later

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

endocriminologist posted:

what in the world lol, tell me more

Years back a goon drank so little water it gave him renal failure that was intense enough that the hosed up blood proteins clogged up his retinas or his blood chemestry was so hosed it damaged them irreparably somehow. I don't think it got so bad that he could see literally nothing, but it was enough to be legally blind, not be able to drive a car, poo poo like that. It may or may not have been exacerbated by only drinking stuff that wasn't healthy, but I can't remember except that his hideous tale of woe and warning ended with him stressing goons should drink water, lest they end up like him.

Basically like those old era internet stories of getting addicted to wow so bad you end up in the hospital. People forget poopsock was real. All that stuff was real. loving goons got convinced to boil cauldrons of piss and come and apply the paste left over as "concentrated pheromones" to win the goonettes. A troll post so powerful some goons actually posted pics of them ruining their apartments with the stench.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Sleekly posted:

i dont buy future human. i can buy other type of human/oid cos i can buy pan spermia but i think time travel is not possible

if a timeline equals a universe and they all make up a multiverse then perhaps travel between those is possible and if so you could presumably choose at which point you enter another timeline/universe but flicking around in the one you are already in just seems not possible or wed have seen it

i feel like panspermia wouldn't produce other humanlike creatures even if it was 100% confirmed to be real and the main origin of most or all lifeforms everywhere. It's just way too much of a crapshoot to get to such a weird, haphazard, barely functional sapient organism. Yet at the same time humans are somehow against all odds able to do crazy poo poo that could be totally implausible if you described one to somebody.

e: basically "p-nutties are specifically genetically designed on purpose to resemble humans and not freak out the humans to the best of our abilities" is way more plausible than them just spontaneously ending up with something reminiscent of a human face. Now if there's ten gorillion species you roll the dice enough maybe you do get some that look mostly human. What are birds? We just don't know.

SniperWoreConverse has issued a correction as of 15:55 on Dec 15, 2021

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
I don't think its future humans either, but I can see how thats an entirely natural (human) initial conclusion to come to

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Mola Yam posted:

this is a good and generally chill thread and i hope it stays that way

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

also put me down as being a member of the "future human hypothesis sux" camp

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The peanutties aren't bringing space communism though
They're the "there is a coming cataclysm and it's gonna suck and we can't save you all but we can maybe give you telepathy I guess" ones

it's still cool if the peanutties take some of us to Planet Marx where we can all post on the somethingwonderful forums on their gigaspeed telepathy internet

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Ignoring all else, future humans seems pretty cope-y

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

broke: future humans

woke: future hyperevolved cephalopods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

The future alien hyperevolved cephalopods are engaged in a temporal cold war with earth's native hyperevolved future crabs and their mind-cult of Crabitism. That's why so many UFO sightings occur over and around the ocean.