Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the virgin point and click versus the chad escape room game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

This looks lovely.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I hope it's good in terms of gameplay yeah- beautiful

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh look another indie pixel art roguelike platformer dungeon crawler I wonder how many hundreds of hours I'll spend on this one

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

I’d have to buy an Xbox or a PC that isn’t 10 years old to use Game Pass, and also be able to find steady employment in my field (lol lmao :smith: ), so I’ll keep getting indies on Switch

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Our first out today

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Didn’t even know there was a Figment 1

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Oink games are good, but I think they're maybe the last tabletop games that need a digital adaptation? I dunno man.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I actually like these games, but they are all made to fit in your pocket, so why the gently caress would you want to play it on a switch

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Fox game looks adorable!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
check out that fox

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
drat that fox game is dark.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Shneak posted:

drat that fox game is dark.

Seriously

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t think silksong is showing up :smith:

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Animals of Farthing Wood, The Game

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You're not going to save a species with just one family. That's some serious inbreeding.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Hell yes RCG 2

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

I don’t think silksong is showing up :smith:

i believe

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

If it's not as good as Streets of Rage 4 then I don't know.

Like how do you top that as a beat 'em up.

It looks really good though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I know that WayForward isn't a giant company by any means but I would say that they're not really "indie" anymore.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
roller coaster tycoon with dinosaurs....... ftw

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

No silksong

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

ah... bapanada :smith:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hey it's omori

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Unless some ants show up to this picnic and start fighting with swords this isn't silksong

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i wanted to play omori but unfortunately i have already set my switch on fire due to it being a trash console with no silksong

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I have never heard of this game

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why do a "one more thing" and just have it be another random indie game

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've never heard of Omori but the chat seemed excited.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Detective No. 27 posted:

I know that WayForward isn't a giant company by any means but I would say that they're not really "indie" anymore.

One of the games had some small text that said the dev was a part of the THQ Nordic family, which also strikes me as not very indie.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Full list if anyone's curious:

Sea of Stars- JRPG throwback by Messenger people. Looks very good and the music is clearly good. Somehow a prequel. Holiday 2022

Aliisha 3D puzzle platformer? Looks fine. Motion controls and touch screen. It's been a while we've seen that I think. Probably won't bother. Spring 2022

Loco Motive Point and click adventure. Looks cute and quirky if you like the genre. Murder mystery on a train. Summer 2022

After Love EP Slice of life game? Looks like a visual novel with mini games. The voice acting is grating. Summer 2022

Dungeon Munchies Rogue lite with cooking and tons of items/crafting? Looks gimmicky.

Figment 2: Creed Valley Well the music does nothing for me. Some sort of puzzle adventure where the music is rather present. Free demo.

Let's play Oink Games Multi board game pack. So... Jackinbox or the other board game collection? They seem to be well-known? Available now.

Endling Shelter but with a fox and not a badger or lynx. Like I like the concept but I think I'll be ok. Seems too sad. Can't save a species with 3 siblings though. They're hosed either way!

OlliOlliWorld 2D Skateboarding.

River City Girls 2 Beat 'em Up. Looks smooth. I suppose they would've addressed critiques?

Parkasaurus Dino park Tycoon ! but revamped

Dont Starve Together out on PC. Now on Switch

Chicory: A colorful tale You paint. Looks cute.

Baby Storm A party game? I see no babies

Grime 2D action game. I get Dead Cell Vibes.

Gerda: A flame in Winter: some sort of adventure game.

Timelie: Out today, puzzle platformer. There's a lot of those huh.

Behind the Frame: A visual novel? Life game? You paint?

One more thing:

Omori Spring 2022. I've had my eye on this. A student of mine kept talking to me about it.

For all the "Worst Direct Ever" this one was a bit anticlimatic. I'm happy about Omori, since I've heard about it, but is it really that big of a deal?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I missed the first half of the stream, but what I saw kinda sucked? Not digging it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sea of Stars, Parkasaurus and Omori look good and I'll probably only get the latter unless the first one is actually good.

I don't need a Dino Park Tycoon, but I'm glad there's a new one.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
omori was a pretty big indie hit on Steam, it was a pretty high profile kickstarter release that took a while to release too, unlike Silksong, which will never release

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Astro7x posted:

Why do a "one more thing" and just have it be another random indie game
What else did you want them to show at the indie showcase event?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Sea of Stars looks and sounds like chrono trigger so I will play it

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

As soon as I saw the announcement of this showcase, I thought of you Silksong goons.

My condolences for your wait.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'm surprised "sea of stars" isn't already the title of a SNES RPG from SquareSoft or something

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Waffle! posted:

I missed the first half of the stream, but what I saw kinda sucked? Not digging it.
The very first game they showed looked cool but isn't until Holiday 22 sleepingface.

Everything else was standard boring stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Sea of Stars looks real nice, Omori looks cool but I don't know if I'm in the mood for a game with heavy themes. Also I thought chicory was already out on switch so I'm a little confused by that announcement.

Edit: Reading the live chat was fun just to see how many idiots showed up just to spam Silksong complaints every time a new game showed up and complain that the switch has no games, jeeeesus