Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Bozja is a poison that will destroy your brain, but it's a great way to get experience. It unlocks off of the Hail to the Queen quest in Kugane. On top of everything everyone else has said, don't be afraid to just shout LFG the moment you get into the zone even if you're only going to be around for a FATE or two. It benefits everyone to group up, and groups there form and fall apart like a lava lamp anyways.

Xad posted:

Also minor thing but all enemies in bozja have no positionals, so you always get the rear/flank bonus

I did not know that and boy that will make playing reaper there better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Annath posted:

Re: Bozja

Sounds like a great time! Where does it start? And can I unlock it with my level 80 RDM and then get in on my lower level Jobs, or does it have a minimum level of 71 to actually enter it?

You have to be 80 to unlock it, and then you can enter on any job level 71 or higher. Its kind of a convoluted unlock, but as long as you've done the Ivalice raids and associated quests you can start the chain in Rhalgers Reach with a quest called "The Bozja Incident".

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

MadMadi posted:

You have to be 80 to unlock it, and then you can enter on any job level 71 or higher. Its kind of a convoluted unlock, but as long as you've done the Ivalice raids and associated quests you can start the chain in Rhalgers Reach with a quest called "The Bozja Incident".

I haven't done the raids, so I'll have to get on that tonight when I get home from work.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Unfortunately I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to get to Zadnor, which is where everyone is going to be grinding, from the start these days.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Southern Front is constantly jam packed actually, so you don't need to get to Zadnor. edit: The only real issue is you need to unlock the second section of the map for a constant stream of accessible FATEs to grind but that doesn't take too long.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 15, 2021

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Arist posted:

Unfortunately I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to get to Zadnor, which is where everyone is going to be grinding, from the start these days.

Every time I've been to zadnor there's nobody in it, bozja always seems packed tho

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

One other cool thing about Bozja is that it shits out poetics, so you can gear up your shiny new level 80 characters when you're done with Soulsborne equipment.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The one thing to remember about Bozja is that you really should join a party; trying to lone wolf your way around is just going to waste your time and end up with non-gold results from FATEs.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Annath posted:

What is Bozja exactly? Is it like a dungeon? Or a special zone?

Bozja is a pair of special zones that have their own side story, as well as it's own leveling system. The reason people recommend it is because once you unlock it, you can bring any job that is level 71+ and it syncs to level 80. Meanwhile doing the activities in the zone that earn you the zone xp (Resistance Mettle) also gets you class xp. As a result it's a really good way for leveling from 71 to 90, particularly for DPS since they don't have the fast dungeon queues that tanks and healers have.

e;fb

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've got enough levelling options for the moment that I have a little decision paralysis. New zone fates to get 60/60, bozja to get enough mettle to cap out my suns /whatever the gently caress they're called, the usual roulettes to keep my catbooks rolling. Not enough time for all of them!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Xad posted:

Every time I've been to zadnor there's nobody in it, bozja always seems packed tho

I've been doing Zadnor to level up alt jobs to 90 and it's been packed but only in zone 3. And no one is doing Dalraida.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

hazardousmouse posted:

I've got enough levelling options for the moment that I have a little decision paralysis. New zone fates to get 60/60, bozja to get enough mettle to cap out my suns /whatever the gently caress they're called, the usual roulettes to keep my catbooks rolling. Not enough time for all of them!

The existence of the bicolor mount means I have resigned to leveling all my alts in FATEs.

Bring it on.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Bozja really takes like 6-8 hours or so to actually get good. For someone who's fresh into it it's going to stick and be boring for a while, but it'll get better by the time you unlock the second and third outpost. Until then it's loving awful.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Found a texture seam on the Old Sharlayan aetheryte. Game literally unplayable.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Magic Role Quest
You would think the implication that primal souls can be transformed into blasphemies would be more important. But no one even remarks on it after you find out that aspect of him. Also interesting that he kept far more of his mind in the process than the normal mortals who got scared into blasphemies by him did.

Almost felt bad for having to kill him.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

TTBF posted:

I've been doing Zadnor to level up alt jobs to 90 and it's been packed but only in zone 3. And no one is doing Dalraida.

Unlocking but not actually leveling Zadnor has been one of my biggest oversights in 6.0 prep, on par with not dealing with my belt inventory

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Unlocking but not actually leveling Zadnor has been one of my biggest oversights in 6.0 prep, on par with not dealing with my belt inventory

:same:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

The Tank role quest series was aggressively boring, but I didn't have high hopes since it was working with Kan-E-Sanna and the Padjal. The most interesting that's ever happened with those dorks is wondering if A-Ruhn-Senna has weird eyes under his stupid bangs.

Seriously does Kan-E-Senna ever do anything but pray to trees, get real tired of praying to trees, then get the soul power to pray to trees even harder?

theironjef fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 15, 2021

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

central dogma posted:

Game literally unplayable.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

theironjef posted:

The Tank role quest series was aggressively boring, but I didn't have high hopes since it was working with Kan-E-Sanna and the Padjal. The most interesting that's ever happened with those dorks is wondering if A-Ruhn-Senna has weird eyes under his stupid bangs.

Seriously does Kan-E-Senna ever do anything but pray to trees, get real tired of praying to trees, then get the soul power to pray to trees even harder?

Sometimes she gets drunk on bean beer.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Thundarr posted:

Sometimes she gets drunk on bean beer.

She's also kind of self conscious about being taken seriously by non-Padjal and uses makeup to make herself look older.

And her bodyguard has a massive crush on her, but is so intimidated by her that he can't work up the nerve to spit it out.

There's a lot of low key stuff about her that's pretty interesting, but her trials are less nation-shaking and more the personal trials and tribulations of being a weird hybrid of Hyur and Elemental.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

She busted up a chap's kneecaps once.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Zadnor's layout sucks (most fates are far apart and far from the teleports). Which leads to people exclusively sitting in the middle of zone 3 until a fate is up nearby and idling otherwise.

Leveling in the Southern Front map can be a lot faster, especially if you bring a bunch of the Lodestone skill which instantly teleports you to the start.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Is anybody else having an issue where the first time they try to log in it says your login info is wrong and then the second time is fine? At first I thought I was just being sloppy today, but it's still happening.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The most deadly boss in EW is the croc-man hunt in z5. Been a long time since I've seen an entire hunt train get obliterated by an A rank.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Gearhead posted:

She's also kind of self conscious about being taken seriously by non-Padjal and uses makeup to make herself look older.

And her bodyguard has a massive crush on her, but is so intimidated by her that he can't work up the nerve to spit it out.

There's a lot of low key stuff about her that's pretty interesting, but her trials are less nation-shaking and more the personal trials and tribulations of being a weird hybrid of Hyur and Elemental.

there's a lil story about her bodyguard and how they met, too! https://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/anniversary/na/detail/memoir_3.html?rgn=na&lng=en

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Thundarr posted:

The most deadly boss in EW is the croc-man hunt in z5. Been a long time since I've seen an entire hunt train get obliterated by an A rank.

Speaking of hunts, did the A Moment in Time linkshell die or is there a replacement or what? Tsukuyomi Fenix always called out hunts nonstop but it seems dead.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Whoever wrote the role quests read all of those.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

central dogma posted:

Found a texture seam on the Old Sharlayan aetheryte. Game literally unplayable.

There is far worse than that in Sharlayan lol.

Makes me feel a bit bad for the team, I can't help but wonder if they were rushing to get some of this done. Still, I'm sure they'll fix it eventually and its the tiniest of nits to pick.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TGLT posted:

Southern Front is constantly jam packed actually, so you don't need to get to Zadnor. edit: The only real issue is you need to unlock the second section of the map for a constant stream of accessible FATEs to grind but that doesn't take too long.
and good thing because you can't get out of Southern Front without running CLL which you'll have to coordinate other humans for cause the exp for it is crap

(I still need a Dalriada clear myself...)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
We know they're errors but also construction fails do exist and drive people mad, maybe the main aetheryte ring construction team called in sick that shift

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Sinteres posted:

Is anybody else having an issue where the first time they try to log in it says your login info is wrong and then the second time is fine? At first I thought I was just being sloppy today, but it's still happening.

I had that happen this morning, too (using XIVlauncher), second time worked though.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
the 70 second final fantasy prelude remix with the electric guitars and Elton John piano slide loop that played for the entirety of the (late game spoilers sort of) aetherburner part of Labyrinthos was really getting to me. the ff7 bike mount music was the only thing that kept me from going mad.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 15, 2021

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

derra posted:

The existence of the bicolor mount means I have resigned to leveling all my alts in FATEs.

Bring it on.

I'm devastated because two of the 6.0 Triple Triad cards are locked behind rank 3 shared fate status (in zones 5 and 6). :negative:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Does anyone here have the Thavnair barding that can take a picture of it in a well lit area/during the day? The only picture I can seem to find of it that isn't taken at night is the one from the patch notes, and I want to see if it's as pink as that screenshot. I'm debating on the pet or the barding, but if it's as pink as the patch notes trailer I'm 100% going the barding

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I admit to always being a bit tickled about him because of how many times his backstory's been restated. They have this short story that first brings it up, then they mention it again in Heavensward, and then they mention it again in the tank role quest. Poor sap must be a bit tired of bringing it up by now.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

theironjef posted:

Sometimes she smashes kneecaps.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mordiceius posted:

I'm devastated because two of the 6.0 Triple Triad cards are locked behind rank 3 shared fate status (in zones 5 and 6). :negative:
I got four chocobo rankups grinding those out!

(it's nothing new, there's a 5.0 TT card locked behind rank 3 as well - even if the others were all rank 2)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I got four chocobo rankups grinding those out!

(it's nothing new, there's a 5.0 TT card locked behind rank 3 as well - even if the others were all rank 2)

Yeah, Kholusia. In my quest to get all the TT cards, that one was one of the most boring. Guess there is no better time to be fate grinding.

I think I just wish they would have spread it out more. Instead of the two highest level zones, put one in one of the lower level zones, that way I can just jump on one of my level 80 classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

the 70 second final fantasy prelude remix with the electric guitars and Elton John piano slide loop that played for the entirety of the (late game spoilers sort of) aetherburner part of Labyrinthos was really getting to me. the ff7 bike mount music was the only thing that kept me from going mad.

I felt like this was a bug, because it was just so out of place lol