Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Apparently that dude didn't see the promo MJF cut on Brian Pillman

Bold of you to assume any of these people actually watch the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So what the Kevin Thorn knockoff is trying to say is MJF needs to make Paul Wight cry.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Wasn't Vince having some guys scripted all the way into the 90s? I very vaguely remember hearing something about when all scripting for everyone started but I can't recall any specifics.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There may have been some scripting back in the Russo era, but they really went all in when Stephanie took over Smackdown creative and insisted on a Hollywood-style writer's room.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
There’s no need for it to be all one way or all another. If a wrestler benefits from having a script let them have a script. If another is good off the cuff let them improvise. Work the talking segments around their limitations and strengths.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Benne posted:

There may have been some scripting back in the Russo era, but they really went all in when Stephanie took over Smackdown creative and insisted on a Hollywood-style writer's room.

And then proceeded to mock the writers who actually cared about stuff like continuity.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Seams posted:

There’s no need for it to be all one way or all another. If a wrestler benefits from having a script let them have a script. If another is good off the cuff let them improvise. Work the talking segments around their limitations and strengths.

Falls apart when you want to put Mr Scripted up against Mr Improvised

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Falls apart when you want to put Mr Scripted up against Mr Improvised

Part of being a good promoter is covering up your stars weaknesses and you shouldn't be going out and putting someone like Jungle Boy in ten minute talk segments with someone who can improvise like MJF for the same reasons you don't book a 25 minute Jade Cargill vs Hikaru Shida match

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I also want Kenny Omega to lose his belt at Winter Is Coming so his pants keep falling down & reveal he's wearing Final Fantasy 7 themed underwear.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

worth noting the obvious: this is literally Hangman's first title defence

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hangman's reign has been a failure (because I refuse to accept him as a success)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

Hangman's reign has been a failure (because I refuse to accept him as a success)

That's OK. The Dark Order and the chyron crew do.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I will admit to slight frustration that ol' Hanger hadn't been more present in his first big title feud. Bryan has been pyrotechnic and Hangman has been quiet.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Hangman attacked Bryan last time he murdered a Dark Order member so I wouldn't really call that quiet.

But he hasn't wrestled or anything.
I also don't think he has to. But eh...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Big E gets thrown into random matches every week and loses most of them, including taking the pin multiple times, because WWE doesn't care about protecting their champs.

Hangman hasn't even wrestled since winning the belt, because AEW cares about protecting their champs and making it a big deal when they do have TV matches.

Both are totally the same situation for reasons.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hangman is going to kick the cowboy poo poo out of Danielson and tomorrow morning everyone will be saying his reign is a huge success

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Hangman attacked Bryan last time he murdered a Dark Order member so I wouldn't really call that quiet.

But he hasn't wrestled or anything.
I also don't think he has to. But eh...

They only want to devote one segment a week to the Bryan and Hangman feud, so they went with Bryan killing the Dark Order every week, so Hangman hasn't been wrestling. Still, it does make the Hangman match feel important. The desire to see Hangman wrestle has been built up.

EDIT: Hangman is gonna have successful title defenses against Bryan Danielson and CM Punk, then people on Twitter will say "oh they didn't push him enough"

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I'm glad there's finally a fed that share's my booking philosophy of making the champ not constantly show up and suck.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'm glad there's finally a fed that share's my booking philosophy of making the champ not constantly show up and suck.

yeah, i had enough of champions constantly showing up and sucking in wwe

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

forkboy84 posted:

I also want Kenny Omega to lose his belt at Winter Is Coming so his pants keep falling down & reveal he's wearing Final Fantasy 7 themed underwear.

*squints* ..Is that Tully's face on Sephiroth?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Actually it's Very Good Wrestling when you have champions that come out every week and get pinned and humiliated by every challenger because the HEAT brother, the HEAT

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Maybe WWE is a game based e-fed where all the matches are simulated and the cards are put together by an AI that attributes a popularity value so high to the champ that they always get booked.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
If Danielson somehow was booked to win the belt from Hangman he'd want to defend it all the time instead of just quarterly and that would be much better than Hangman who does nothing but come out near the end of the show, throw a few punches maybe, and scream his one lovely catchphrase so the crowd can pop for the swear word.

I'm still laughing at "I'm gonna beat the cowboy poo poo out of you" because Danielson isn't a cowboy and therefore has no cowboy poo poo. Hangman has the cowboy poo poo so Danielson should have said that to him instead. It's like they know Hangman can only say one thing and they had to shoehorn into a single sentence yelled at Danielson and it made no sense at all lol.

At least we know that the title defense will be good because at the very least we can all agree that Hangman is a pretty darn good wrestler.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

If Danielson somehow was booked to win the belt from Hangman he'd want to defend it all the time instead of just quarterly and that would be much better than Hangman who does nothing but come out near the end of the show, throw a few punches maybe, and scream his one lovely catchphrase so the crowd can pop for the swear word.

I'm still laughing at "I'm gonna beat the cowboy poo poo out of you" because Danielson isn't a cowboy and therefore has no cowboy poo poo. Hangman has the cowboy poo poo so Danielson should have said that to him instead. It's like they know Hangman can only say one thing and they had to shoehorn into a single sentence yelled at Danielson and it made no sense at all lol.

At least we know that the title defense will be good because at the very least we can all agree that Hangman is a pretty darn good wrestler.

Hangman will defend the belt more often than quarterly.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

theres a different thread for posting your own dumb and bad opinions, hth

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

abloo bloo binch

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1470819282435153928

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

source your quotes.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

he wasnt the better one for like six years minimum so its a bad take on two levels

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
He was only considered the better hardy by that idiot because he was contracted to the World Wrestling Entertainment. (also he was never better than Matt Hardy hth)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

so why do they call you "no longer the better"?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

karmicknight posted:

He was only considered the better hardy by that idiot because he was contracted to the World Wrestling Entertainment. (also he was never better than Matt Hardy hth)

I can't remember a Matt Hardy singles match I liked as much as the undertaker ladder Match

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

cagliostr0 posted:

I can't remember a Matt Hardy singles match I liked as much as the undertaker ladder Match

Matt Hardy vs Mark Henry for the ECW World Title

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Shard posted:

Matt Hardy vs Mark Henry for the ECW World Title

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Eddie Guerrero's heel theme, but after the ringtone it's Alvarez yelling ”gotta get that HEEEEEEAAAAAT"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"Real wrestling fans don't cheer."

https://twitter.com/coparob/status/1471186058238959618?s=20

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I liked that belt :shobon:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

RandolphCarter posted:

I liked that belt :shobon:

It was originally supposed to be a custom HHH belt

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
the fans are cheering for the exact same things for Adam Cole he did in NXT though?? They even have the Boom in his AEW theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Davros1 posted:

It was originally supposed to be a custom HHH belt

oh no