Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Oh, no. I can make it a few days dodging spoilers, but two months? Goddammit.

What is the thread's policy on posting leaks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Guess we’ll never have the early days of Dark Souls again since by release someone has datamined everything and filled the wikis

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I’m pretty sure this is one of those giant trees being born?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

hatty posted:

Guess we’ll never have the early days of Dark Souls again since by release someone has datamined everything and filled the wikis

Always do you first run blind, cooping with like minded friends. That’s the way, I promise.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Ichabod Tane posted:

Always do you first run blind, cooping with like minded friends. That’s the way, I promise.

Yeah but there was a cool community aspect before that I miss

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Colonel Whitey posted:

Why do people do this? For internet cred I suppose

Answered your own question. Mankind is a worthless, wretched race of miscreants to whom thigs like "internet cred" matter

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Edit: the content of my post is it is very important to me re this and I imagine other people are the same

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

hatty posted:

It’s okay they’ll be fextralife wikis and be worse than worthless

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The only leaks I'd be interested in are what fashion choices there will be, so I can start planning my outfit(s)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
lmao god drat it miyazaki

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

goblin week posted:

lmao god drat it miyazaki

We have been unwitting pawns in his public humiliation and punishment fetish. He has played us all for fools

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The only leaks I'd be interested in are what fashion choices there will be, so I can start planning my outfit(s)

:hmmyes:

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

We have been unwitting pawns in his public humiliation and punishment fetish. He has played us all for fools

i think what he's saying is that, not that he enjoys watching other players die like some sick pervert, but rather he finds it interesting to be killed in certain ways, like a normal pervert

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

anothergod posted:

Edit: the content of my post is it is very important to me re this and I imagine other people are the same

To be completely clear: I don't have any leaks and am only asking so I can know if I need to avoid the thread or not.

I think a no leak policy would be prudent, honestly.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I would also appreciate keeping this a leak-free zone

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Point Down at leakers. Don't even put a lil' spin on it. Straight up just Point Down.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Concurred posted:

i think what he's saying is that, not that he enjoys watching other players die like some sick pervert, but rather he finds it interesting to be killed in certain ways, like a normal pervert

Yes, and by releasing the games he's made us part of that. We're watching him now, and the only way to look away is to stop playing.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

goblin week posted:

It’s okay they’ll be fextralife wikis and be worse than worthless

Fextralife has to be someone’s personal wiki that was accidentally made public. There is so much wrong info and ridiculously baseless theorycrafting that just never gets fixed it’s the only explanation that makes sense.

The one nice thing about being able to datamine is looking forward to Zullie and Lance making comparison videos between beta and release content a few years from now.

Also some modder making a three way boss fight between Orphan, Gael, and the Elden Ring DLC end boss.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pulcinella posted:

Fextralife has to be someone’s personal wiki that was accidentally made public. There is so much wrong info and ridiculously baseless theorycrafting that just never gets fixed it’s the only explanation that makes sense.

It seems to be mainly for farming twitch channel views. I blocked the popup twitch player on that site

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i've used the fextralife wiki for basic item stats and stuff like embers or maybe the odd npc location but lmao at the theory sections which are just unrestricted stream of consciousness nonsense

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ichabod Tane posted:

I always liked playing the games right at release because even when I was tempted to check walkthroughs when I'd get stuck they'd all be behind where I was.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Groovelord Neato posted:

I always liked playing the games right at release because even when I was tempted to check walkthroughs when I'd get stuck they'd all be behind where I was.

Once I realized 1) I’ll replay souls games a few times 2) every weapon/build is viable - I stopped eyeballing wikis.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I just wanna know if they made hosed Up Little Man canon

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
i read the spoilers and its what you would expect

lots of talk about the chosen ones feet

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Everyone's stealing hands but the true power is in feet, and also punishing Miyazaki in effigy for being a dirty naughty little man who's going places he shouldn't

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I vote leak-free zone.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Same, it's either that or I go entirely dark for the next couple months.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i can't believe at the end of it all it's revealed YOU were the elden ring

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Wow! The elden ring is the one from goatse!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

It seems to be mainly for farming twitch channel views. I blocked the popup twitch player on that site

This is it. The fextralife rear end in a top hat has a vertically integrated business model where he has a dogshit self-programmed wiki without any application for community editors (who, for better or worse, tend to fix any errors that acrue, and incorporate the latest PVP meta strategies). That lovely wiki is search-engine optimized straight to the top of google. And any hits automatically pop an embedded twitch player, which effectively bots him viewers, or you can pay for VIP service to not display ads or videos.

Install uBlock, go to your dashboard, go to My Filters, and paste this into it:

||player.twitch.tv^$third-party

If you want the gold standard of a community wiki, https://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/ blows everything out of the water. It has better UI, motion value/stamina data, and hell, even frame data.

Somehow, Dark Souls III has worse wiki resources than an older, more niche game released on fewer platforms.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I think a no leak policy would be prudent, honestly.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

If anyone posts a leak I’m replacing your Elden Ring disc with Lee Carvallo’s Putting Challenge

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Cowcaster posted:

i can't believe at the end of it all it's revealed YOU were the elden ring
thats the bad ending though

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

report leaks to VideoGames or Harrow

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

fake leaks must be treated the same as real ones. I'm sorry.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The only leaks I'm interested in are from John Eldenring's milkers

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I read the leaks, and it turns out that the real Elden Ring was the friends we made along the way.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I read the leaks, and it turns out that the real Elden Ring was the friends we made along the way.

Pot guy, I knew it :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
I think it would be cool if From played around with the concept of what counts as a “poison level.” So instead of a poisonous swamp it’s a weird irradiated area with radiation poisoning.

It could even be like DeS where the Sword of Moonlight is found in this poisonous area, only it’s irradiated because there was a mech battle there and the sword of moonlight is from an armored core. Then it’s giant and incredibly heavy and this time revolves around a strength build instead of magic or faith.