Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What was the game that was basically those memes but a game?
I can only assume you mean E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy, perpetually on sale for a dollar every Steam sale and, if you enjoy it, one hell of a ride despite the jank

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I can only assume you mean E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy, perpetually on sale for a dollar every Steam sale and, if you enjoy it, one hell of a ride despite the jank

Thank you :tipshat: I always ask and then forget by the time I get around to trying to acquire it.

e: Now I remembered about Cruelty Squad. I should play that, too.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Also maybe Cruelty Squad which is like a shitpost of a Boomer shooter

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

bike tory posted:

The people I know who love naps all struggle with various kinds of insomnia and I'll take my very functional and consistent night sleep over being able to enjoy naps any day.

Anyway meemes

edit: I didn't realise before I posted that it's the same frog! It's a Wednesday miracle.

Prurient Squid has a new favorite as of 20:55 on Dec 15, 2021

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Terry is english? Gross.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Don't let OwlFancier gently caress this one

OwlFancier posted:

loving white chocolate orange.

Oh good, guess it's not their type

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

loving white chocolate orange.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Buddy I'm english and that means I do far worse things to oranges than gently caress them.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

The spoiler was that poster making a horrible racist joke I bet.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Hmm, see, now I know Terry is paying attention. I was just talking about a chocolate orange in this thread last week, and this week Terry brings one. Thank you Terry.

e:

OwlFancier posted:

Buddy I'm english and that means I do far worse things to oranges than gently caress them.

Please tell me this is from an episode of Look Around You or something, because what the hell?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

OwlFancier posted:

Maybe the early American colonists did have the right idea to flee that island. What the hell is this?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

SpacePig posted:

Hmm, see, now I know Terry is paying attention. I was just talking about a chocolate orange in this thread last week, and this week Terry brings one. Thank you Terry.

I thought it was because of this:

https://twitter.com/tomdayahourly/status/1470470521682808839?s=20

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Well if that ends up being the case, then it'll confirm my suspicions that Terry is just that relative everyone has that doesn't quite get you but is at least trying. But I'm giving Terry the benefit of the doubt here and assuming it's because a post in here said chocolate orange.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

OwlFancier posted:

The tinfoil is purely functional?

Purely FUNCTIONAL? ON CRIMBO?!?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Zil posted:

Maybe the early American colonists did have the right idea to flee that island. What the hell is this?

they didn't flee, they got kicked out for being too religiously insane and evil for insanity island and the empire of Crazy Evil

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Regarde Aduck posted:

they didn't flee, they got kicked out for being too religiously insane and evil for insanity island and the empire of Crazy Evil

And look at us now! :patriot:

:negative:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Zil posted:

And look at us now! :patriot:

:negative:

Don't be so hard on yourselves, you're now acting as the model for the UK.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just turning into our dad

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

SpacePig posted:

Please tell me this is from an episode of Look Around You or something, because what the hell?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/HeheWaitWhut/status/1471160412401856521?t=YFv1kDNHuO4vsrv7UB_TwQ&s=19

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Zil posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christingle

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

Don't be so hard on yourselves, you're now acting as the model for the UK.

one of the only countries in the world looking forward having to pay for substandard healthcare! :britain: :negative: :britain: :britain: :britain: :stare: :britain:

imagine basic item shortages from brexit combined with a population now dying of preventable diseases, just like a real country

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

noo don't tell them that spoils the fun, they have to work out what the gently caress it is by context

this is me doing the inscrutable german thing (fairly literally because I think it's originally german)

E: modern day czechia not germany

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

I saw a movie of the coronation once. That thing looks more impressive in b&w, honestly.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

bike tory posted:

Someone died because of the benadryl challenge on Tiktok

Every time my hobby turns up on youtube with the word "challenge" tacked onto it I know it's time to get a new hobby.

This has been an exhausting couple of decades let me tell you.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Frogs should not have teeth

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

bike tory posted:

Me: I don't nap because I always wake up feeling worse.

Nap enjoyers: you just haven't found the right nap duration!
Me: I'm a biphasic sleeper so I get one or two full cycles (1.5hr each, roughly) starting around 4pm. I don't "nap" (those 20min things); I go full into rem and the first two cycles are the most important. I'm a morning person (usually up at 5am), and a night person (usually awake, energized at 7pm, exercising, then up until midnight+). I don't do afternoons. 1pm+ doesn't exist.

Everyone else: Want to grab a drink at 5pm? Oh right your nap.

Every time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sleep is a barely controllable beast that sets upon you at inopportune times and eats sections of your memory and gives you weird neckache because you spent six to ten hours posed like an unreal tournament 2003 ragdoll in a chair because you weren't intending to go to sleep.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Have you checked the bushes for lil fuckers with blowdarts? Cause it sounds like lil fuckers with blowdarts.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sometimes it happens in bed too, so that's just how I sleep. No recollection of going to sleep, just time gaps and acquiring new posture problems because even if I go to bed I wake up doing something loving stupid with my arms or neck. It would be nice to be able to sleep for short periods of time intentionally but I have no idea how people do it.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Lol if you need more than 5 knots

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0
the act of sleeping is enjoyable but i really wish i didn't have to spend a third of my life practicing being dead. i feel like i could do a lot with that time.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Whoa whoa whoa are you sure about that? Cause most people do real stupid poo poo with their awake time. I'd rather they be sleeping tbh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"a lot" does not preclude the possibility of maximizing the amount of stupid poo poo you do.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I was going to make one of those typical announcement memes but it felt really icky conflating a bunch of black feminists so I pulled up and present you just a standard death notice for someone I respected a lot

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

OwlFancier posted:

I'm English too and I had never heard of or seen one of these until I was in my first year of teaching, six years ago. At the time, I thought it was just an odd little tradition specific to that school. But no, apparently everyone and their grandma on this godforsaken island knows about them. How the hell did I avoid it for 28 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Calexio posted:

I'm English too and I had never heard of or seen one of these until I was in my first year of teaching, six years ago. At the time, I thought it was just an odd little tradition specific to that school. But no, apparently everyone and their grandma on this godforsaken island knows about them. How the hell did I avoid it for 28 years?

Slightly surprising that you didn't do them in primary school but I don't know quite how christian those generally are nowadays, when I went they still had hymns and stuff so I dunno, maybe they phased them out.