Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah they are bullshit just not the same bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Rageaholic posted:

Snowdrop is The Division's engine, which rules, but unfortunately it's not being made by The Division people. It's being made by the team that most recently made Far Cry 6, which wasn't great!

The Division team is maxed out working on Avatar and Star Wars IP games. I’ve heard good things about Far Cry 6 actually *shrug*. Also lead dev confirmed it will be linear like the original games not open world

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I think there’s some small amount of hope that it’ll basically be a new team of people making that Splinter Cell remake given that they’re announcing it as a way of recruiting talent.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
NFTs? no loving thanks

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Noob Saibot posted:

I’ve heard good things about Far Cry 6 actually *shrug*.
I played it to completion but only because I wanted to kill time before better games came out like Halo. Really did not enjoy my time with it.

Far Cry 5 was much better IMO

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I was already not buying Ubisoft’s games because they are dogshit. does that count as a boycott?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Noob Saibot posted:

The Division team is maxed out working on Avatar and Star Wars IP games. I’ve heard good things about Far Cry 6 actually *shrug*. Also lead dev confirmed it will be linear like the original games not open world

An open world splinter cell would be hysterical. Just Sam walking around a busy city in full garb with everyone staring at him.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Augus posted:

I was already not buying Ubisoft’s games because they are dogshit. does that count as a boycott?

Sounds like common sense

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Idg why you guys are so mad about this tbh. It’s not like, required. Who cares?

acksplode posted:

No, and neither is the backlash, because now's the time to strangle this poo poo in the crib before it takes hold.

Cloks posted:

NFTs? no loving thanks

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm going to play STALKER 2. Triggered?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Filtered.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ColdPie posted:

Filtered.

careful this is illegal and you'll catch a 3-7 day for it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Can’t wait!!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

American McGay posted:

Fortunately I don't even have to make a decision until AFTER they remove NFT bullshit and subsequently release a PS5 version.

Absolute freedom from sin.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i don’t care what dumb nft bullshit the stalker devs throw in their games because I’m not going to use it or see it or even pay for the game. Thank you gamepass!!!!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

An open world splinter cell would be hysterical. Just Sam walking around a busy city in full garb with everyone staring at him.

This was seriously the original concept for Splinter Cell Conviction except Sam looked like a vagrant. I assume they switched gears to predatory-stealth-shooter since the social stealth aspect was stepping on Assassin's Creed's toes.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Thank you gamepass!!!!

you will boot the game and play for 15 minutes before suspending it to play a different game for 15 minutes and repeat

premature gamer, ruined phallus, sat on a gamepass and passed gas en mass

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hmm don’t think so , I’ll probably finish it like I just did with halo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

unless it’s bad

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

NFT's are a literal pyramid scheme, and being used for money laundering. It's super sketchy and scummy that professional businesses are getting involved in this.

Isn't this just the developer saying "hey we'll put you in the game" except with like buzzwords and poo poo?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I should never be put in a game. I got IBS

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Yeah it’s a scam but what if you get this preorder bonus

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
claim some foreign games with gold i have no idea what these games are but they are free games for free

Children of Zodiarcs - GWG in Japan

https://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/store/children-of-zodiarcs/9n1gsfjg78rs

Steredenn: Binary Stars - GWG in Korea

https://www.xbox.com/ko-kr/games/store/steredenn-binary-stars/c4ts3rk0kdrj

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Fortunately I don't even have to make a decision until AFTER they remove NFT bullshit and subsequently release a PS5 version.

Absolute freedom from sin.

why even post in the Xbox thread then.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Larry Parrish posted:

Considering he's the op of the terrible ps5 thread and has multiple times come into impzone to be like 'hahah good joke guys but god of war/days gone/whatever poo poo is actually actually pretty good' i think he works for Sony

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The PS5 has no games to post about so their thread regulars are forced to wander the desert that is Games searching for an oasis of posts.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

The PS5 has no games to post about so their thread regulars are forced to wander the desert that is Games searching for an oasis of posts.

On one hand I am currently drowning under games

On the other hand one of those games is Paw Patrol

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

elf help book posted:

claim some foreign games with gold i have no idea what these games are but they are free games for free

Children of Zodiarcs - GWG in Japan

https://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/store/children-of-zodiarcs/9n1gsfjg78rs

Steredenn: Binary Stars - GWG in Korea

https://www.xbox.com/ko-kr/games/store/steredenn-binary-stars/c4ts3rk0kdrj

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Barudak posted:

It is not our place to question Game Pass. Game Pass provides. Game Pass decides. If you question Game Pass, if you anger Game Pass, we will lose favor with Game Pass and Game Pass will take more Yakuza games away from us.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

Considering he's the op of the terrible ps5 thread and has multiple times come into impzone to be like 'hahah good joke guys but god of war/days gone/whatever poo poo is actually actually pretty good' i think he works for Sony

Lmao I didn't realize it was that guy. I always thought that was some Games guy attempting to joke, badly.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

It is not our place to question Game Pass. Game Pass provides. Game Pass decides. If you question Game Pass, if you anger Game Pass, we will lose favor with Game Pass and Game Pass will take more Yakuza games away from us.

The worst part is I just played the hell out of One Piece Dynasty Warriors game to the point where there is a single bastard grind achievement and Im debating if I want to finish that off

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Barudak posted:

I played through the first level of paw patrol. I got 100% on the first level. It wasn’t hard. I wish the camera control would let you change angles more. It’s very limited obviously since the core audience is like 3 and they can’t handle it. I had to make dinner for the kids and it timed out on me and closed my game. (Cloud). Will it let me resume from where I was?

Yes I’m going to actually play more of it eventually

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I already have 1000/1000 in Paw Patrol 1, why not get another complete hame with Paw Patrol 2??

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

elf help book posted:

word to your haggard elf mom i don't like either of those games binch :smuggo:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

to contemplate my next purchase of a prestige videogame on a blu ray disc!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's wrong with your loving brain, guy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Larry Parrish posted:

Check the gangtags.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

i traded the essential components of it for NFTs :cheeky:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

Check the gangtags.

It's cool that we just have to tolerate guys like this lol. Wouldn't want the thread to be an echo chamber of people enjoying game pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1471355177999343626?t=A5dMzApIINhOk_tEMJ5KIQ&s=19

On the road for work but was looking forward to this. Dug out my Xbox controller and headed to xbox.com/play on my phone and played it for like an hour. Game Pass stays winning folks.