Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Poppy is leaving. In boxes tomorrow but able to TT if anyone wants her and has a plot open today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
I've been slow playing through it, but the stuff that happens at the end of HHP's "campaign" is so great :3:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

The expansion's plot is so nice. It's everything you could want from a "story mode" in Animal Crossing. Just really cozy and simple, and the finale is really fun and satisfying.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I gotta say no previous Animal Crossing games ever had events as sudden as Lottie is DEAD...tired because she ate some bad food at the last party so she's gotta go to the hospital and I hope future Animal Crossing games include random rear end moments like that in the future.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Eiba posted:

The expansion's plot is so nice. It's everything you could want from a "story mode" in Animal Crossing. Just really cozy and simple, and the finale is really fun and satisfying.

Yeah, I super-duper liked that it wasn't *just* about decorating vacation homes. Just enough variation to mix things up a little, but all the while leaning into the core conceit. It was interesting to see how HHP actually changed some aspects of my approach to the 'base game' as well. Traditionally, as I'm not much of a decorator on my home island, while I collected a *ton* of recipes over time, I never made them. Once it was revealed that items you've *made* would become available in HHP, I went on a real tear to basically 'make' my whole catalogue of recipes (one of the reasons I paced out HHP as I did). Which in turn saw me get deep into material and item acquisition.

I can see myself continuing to engage with HHP; I continue to not be any kind of a skilled desginer, but I do appreciate the frictionless nature of designing in HHP (since you don't need to grind out the stuff you want to use; it just needs to be catalogued), as well as the ever-so-slight steering of each person's theme, to give me a goal.

I can *definitely* say that the V2 update and HHP totally reinvigorated the game for me. After not having played the game for a few months, I've ploughed in... lets see... 85 hours since V2 landed. And frankly, it doesn't feel like it's tailing off. There is stuff I want to acquire, I've some modest plans afoot to freshen up bits and bobs. There are a few resident houses that (in my view at least) are kind of pants, so I'm looking forward to tackling them.

635 hours and counting. For a game that, at the time, was a 'speculative purchase', it boggles my mind slightly that I feel like I'm more into it than I ever have been.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I gotta say no previous Animal Crossing games ever had events as sudden as Lottie is DEAD...tired because she ate some bad food at the last party so she's gotta go to the hospital and I hope future Animal Crossing games include random rear end moments like that in the future.

I literally screamed at the drama that was happening cause I did NOT expect it. And yet it was wholesome?!

This frigging game.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Is there a good way to glitch/dupe a bunch of bells?

I had to restart my island and since I’ve already been thru the whole game, upgraded house all the way, 5-star rating, multi-bellionaire, blah blah on my previous game, I kinda just wanna skip most of that and just decorate.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

the best way is to simply ask someone who already did to give you some money

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Opening up to give away what's left in my storage. I'm going to reset soon and it seems like a waste to just delete some rare or useful stuff. I've covered my front beach and the town square in free junk.
Dodo code is in the PGS thread.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Opening up to give away what's left in my storage. I'm going to reset soon and it seems like a waste to just delete some rare or useful stuff. I've covered my front beach and the town square in free junk.
Dodo code is in the PGS thread.

Nice. Since I need everything i am on my way. 😊

Edit: thanks. Your island is rad.

Also to the goon friend who just dropped me like four mill in bells: holy mackerel thanks. You rock.

(They responded in PM so I dunno if they want to be identified)

HaB fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 13, 2021

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Welp, I got Lionel at the same time as I got partitions, so I couldn't help but create pointlessly-gendered bathrooms :shrug:

Forgive me; it was a concept, where I otherwise had none.

I got Lionel and I put three Seashell Lamps next to a gold toilet. My daughter asked "Why three seashells?" I said he'll know how to use them.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

LifeLynx posted:

I got Lionel and I put three Seashell Lamps next to a gold toilet. My daughter asked "Why three seashells?" I said he'll know how to use them.

:golfclap:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Welp, I got Lionel at the same time as I got partitions, so I couldn't help but create pointlessly-gendered bathrooms :shrug:

Forgive me; it was a concept, where I otherwise had none.

I gave him a deep fryer in his toilet kingdom because he's a sick bastard.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I gave him a litter box and lots of Porta-Potties so he can enjoy his cathood and poop while looking at the ocean.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Is Isabelle announcing today's npc new to 2.0? I don't remember her doing it before. Like many things about NH I feel like the surprise has been taken out of it

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah they definitely updated her announcing who’s on the island but it seems like some things can override it. She told me his morning to expect meteor showers tonight but didn’t tell me about LaBelle or whatever her name is being in the plaza, whereas last week she specifically mentioned her

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Happy Vacation Home Designer or whatever it's called is so zen. I could spend hours on each home. I'm glad for the scoot-between-items thing because I end up making places that look great but are impossible to navigate. If I could decorate my island with the same tools as the outdoor-area vacation designer UI, I would be so happy. Having to physically lug around things in my inventory and manually lay out paths at home is why my island hasn't changed much in a year.

My daughter's friends call her almost every weekend to play Animal Crossing, and they have a great time running around playing hide-and-seek, tag, and fishing contests. When the DLC came out, they were wondering how to get the extra features. It turns out that they haven't actually done much on their islands, if anything. One was still in a tent and had only two animal villagers... after a year of playing. I gave both of her closest friends like 300k bells so they could upgrade a few things. I bought turnips this week exclusively so I could sell them and get my daughter and her friends some storage upgrades.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

LifeLynx posted:

I read this post on my lunch break and it's been bugging me all day. Why... three sea shells? I don't understand.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Lmao they don’t know about the three seashells

https://youtu.be/n7nFEnFtvCM

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

LifeLynx posted:

My daughter's friends call her almost every weekend to play Animal Crossing, and they have a great time running around playing hide-and-seek, tag, and fishing contests. When the DLC came out, they were wondering how to get the extra features. It turns out that they haven't actually done much on their islands, if anything. One was still in a tent and had only two animal villagers... after a year of playing.

This is really cute.
When I was a kid and had and loved animal crossing on the GameCube, I met some other kids at a family party who claimed the game was the worst ever made, "all you do is read".
They'd never gotten past the train ride with Rover.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

LifeLynx posted:

Happy Vacation Home Designer or whatever it's called is so zen. I could spend hours on each home. I'm glad for the scoot-between-items thing because I end up making places that look great but are impossible to navigate. If I could decorate my island with the same tools as the outdoor-area vacation designer UI, I would be so happy. Having to physically lug around things in my inventory and manually lay out paths at home is why my island hasn't changed much in a year.

My daughter's friends call her almost every weekend to play Animal Crossing, and they have a great time running around playing hide-and-seek, tag, and fishing contests. When the DLC came out, they were wondering how to get the extra features. It turns out that they haven't actually done much on their islands, if anything. One was still in a tent and had only two animal villagers... after a year of playing. I gave both of her closest friends like 300k bells so they could upgrade a few things. I bought turnips this week exclusively so I could sell them and get my daughter and her friends some storage upgrades.

My friend's daughter started playing a couple months ago and still has only 5 villagers and only just got Resident Services built this past week.I've spent the last few weeks helping her get going with building extra houses, paying off her mortgages, paying off bridges and explaining to her about smashing rocks. But because I only go to her parents' place on a Saturday night just before she has to go to bed, I only get maybe an hour a week (if we're lucky) where I can help her out with things. This past Saturday I went over to her island and dropped off a pocket full of DIYs, wood, clay, stones, iron nuggets, and a million Bells. Her second bridge was instantly paid off and her mortgage is getting obliterated faster than she can handle.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Its a good thing I'll never be a parent because I'd make my kid earn her bells herself to build character

RPGsArts
Oct 25, 2020

Pet Portraits and Custom Commissions
From the makers of last year’s “Winter Wonderland” comes a new island with the theme, “Christmas in the Suburbs”. The entire island is decked out, minus the villager houses. Look on the map for the Department Store though and be sure to take a pic with Santa while you’re there!

My mom said it’s twice as good as last year’s design, nbd.

There’s a meteor shower to add to the magic.

Code in PGS thread.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Four items in the Seasonal tab of the Nook Shopping app today, and two are new.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Black Robe posted:

Four items in the Seasonal tab of the Nook Shopping app today, and two are new.

If only I had seen this BEFORE I had grabbed the KK track and 4 other things from the first tab. :(

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
If you need a Big festive Tree Beardo is making one; island code in PGS thread

Also come over for flower DIY needs and spare cooking recipes. I finished my base garden in the upper right for all to see.

Closed

Desperate Character fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 15, 2021

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

How do I start cooking? I googled it but am not getting the option :(

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

djfooboo posted:

Buy the Be a Chef! DIY Recipes+ with Nook Miles. In it you'll get a recipe for a stonework kitchen that you can install in your house.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

djfooboo posted:

You need to get to 3 stars and unlock KK's concert, terraforming, etc etc first.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

-Celeste is wandering around Fiorina under the stars tonight
-Redd is here with FAKE art (how dare he?)
-Pietro is crafting Illuminated Snowflakes!
-Free DIYs next to the Snowboys for taking!
-I love board art (hint hint)!
-please ignore the minor renovation works happening around the island

Dodo in PGS thread!

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 15, 2021

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Cyd stopped crafting :negative:

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 15, 2021

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Does anyone know why I can’t get an amiibo camper to move in? I did all the DIY recipes but when I ask her to move in, she just says there’s no plots available.

I never get asked to boot anyone. Just a loop of her saying no plots available.

Help?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That happens if you're not actually maxed out on villagers yet. Go talk to Tom about building more houses.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Cattail Prophet posted:

That happens if you're not actually maxed out on villagers yet. Go talk to Tom about building more houses.

This was it. Odd. I thought I had sold all the plots.

Thanks.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
Be sure to ask Wilbur to dance when you are doing the Happy Home Paradise story-end party! So much fun.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
So, my partner is SUPER into AC and wants to stream / record herself doing cool stuff with her islands - I know nothing about streaming tech but was wondering if you fine folks knew anything about capture cards commonly used by the ac streaming community, and could recommend a good one for Christmas / any other gear she might need? Couldn’t find a streaming questions mega thread so this seems the best place to ask!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

occluded posted:

So, my partner is SUPER into AC and wants to stream / record herself doing cool stuff with her islands - I know nothing about streaming tech but was wondering if you fine folks knew anything about capture cards commonly used by the ac streaming community, and could recommend a good one for Christmas / any other gear she might need? Couldn’t find a streaming questions mega thread so this seems the best place to ask!

I just got an Elgato HD60S+ which is perfect for Switch, I've only used it for recording locally and not streaming yet but I've no complaints.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Anyone play this dumb pocket camp thing?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

djfooboo posted:

Anyone play this dumb pocket camp thing?
I had to delete it. I hated the opportunity cost of not playing every three hours. I can't believe I played it as long as I did.

Now I only play New Horizons at least five hours a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

It's Christmas in Sand Souci

We've fully updated with festive designs old and new. Come explore Animal Crossing's biggest amusement park, taking in all the sites: The game corner, take in a movie or a music show at the entertainment pavilion, try your luck at the Wheel of Luck Stage Show, Ride one of our many carnival rides, visit the General's Castle of Wonders, Walk through the flower fields, or grab a delicious meal or specialty drink at the food court.

Currently, our resident Snake is making a Big Festive Tree to help get you in the holiday mood. Take the pipe to fast travel to the resident district.

The Nook boys have unlimited snacks and you are free to buy anything else in the store.

I'll be AFK but feel free to reach out.

Dodo Code is: F0W0P