Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

not really because let’s go brandon is both irreversibly associated with the right and also loving cringe as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
nah it's pretty funny, and many people who say it are mostly apolitical but hate joe biden

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The idea that only the right hate Joe Biden is kind of why we have Joe Biden

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Let's gently caress Brandon had a sex-positive dimension

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It is unbelievably cringe

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cringe is a personal problem, it means that you are uncomfortable. Sorry you don’t like jokes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

papa horny michael posted:

nah it's pretty funny, and many people who say it are mostly apolitical but hate joe biden

Nope Gay Rat Wedding was correct.

Bust Rodd posted:

Cringe is a personal problem, it means that you are uncomfortable. Sorry you don’t like jokes.

It's not really a joke it's a shibboleth.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i thought i remembered the author of that reconstruction article from somewhere....... it was from a cspan video of another conservative (who dated her) calling her a sociopath for 5 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAITnMv1j8Q

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
thinking anything is "irreversibly associated with the right" is a level of brain poisoning i'm glad that i don't have. perfectly smooth here

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Do you think MAGA is a non-right wing thing too

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

crepeface posted:

blue's rare?!?! they should check out my balls!!

let's see 'em

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s important to recognize that Let’s Go Brandon supersedes Trumpism. You can be both anti-Trump AND anti-Biden (easily) so LG,B actually has bipartisan appeal unlike Milk or the OK symbol or MAGA hats

Bust Rodd

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Groovelord Neato posted:

Do you think MAGA is a non-right wing thing too

do you think most people who say let's go brandon voted. if that were the case, trump would be the president right now.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the important thing is that Hans Moleman was saying Let's Go Brandon.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I had an Uber driver the other day wearing a Let's Go Brandon t-shirt and he started talking about how he doesn't watch the NFL anymore because of BLM, like, immediately and without prompting.

I don't think there's a ton of crossover support

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

do you think most people who say let's go brandon voted. if that were the case, trump would be the president right now.

lol absolutely, yes. presumably trump lost because they let other demographics vote as well

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

is it really that popular over there?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Anyone criticizing Let’s Go Brandon or at the very least saying it’s not funny need to also comment “but for real gently caress Joe Biden” because the one thing we can’t abide is a Biden defender.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The people who say "Let's Go Brandon" are the same people who refused to mask up and are the reason COVID is here to stay now.

gently caress Joe Biden, but also gently caress those people too.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The people who say "Let's Go Brandon" are the same people who refused to mask up and are the reason COVID is here to stay now.

gently caress Joe Biden, but also gently caress those people too.

hate to break it to you but covid was always going to be "here to stay" regardless of how many masks people wore or vaccines they got

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Let's Go Brandon from the left is horseshoe theory

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Cael posted:

Anyone criticizing Let’s Go Brandon or at the very least saying it’s not funny need to also comment “but for real gently caress Joe Biden” because the one thing we can’t abide is a Biden defender.
if youre a leftist you should have enough of a vocabulary for this that you dont need to borrow a braindead MAGA meme

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Diluting the meme with leftists makes both liberals and conservatives mad

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Heath posted:

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

many people who say it are mostly apolitical but hate joe biden
maybe so but this also describes most trump supporters

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008

Heath posted:

It's this. Also, when encountering a "let's go brandon", counter by saying "gently caress Joe Biden." Make them feel ashamed for not being brave enough to say it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Republicans seem to think libs like Biden as much as they like Trump, which doesn’t appear to be the case imo.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Cael posted:

wow what a bold opinion to have

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
As a result of this conversation I went and checked the final numbers on votes cast in 2020. Trump got 74 million which is like 12M more than he did in 2016, and Biden got 81 million. Wikipedia says it was the highest voter turnout by % since 1900, so that’s fun.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Heath posted:

oh this is some succ thread bullshit isnt it

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
my scalding hot take is that lets go brandon is dumb because sports chants are for dumb losers and also brandon is a dumb name

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

let’s go brandon

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

let's go brendan

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If a pollster calls you just scream BRANDON and hang up

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

We don't celebrate traitors in these parts

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Posters ITT seem to think Let’s Go Brandon is an axis of the infinite mind-battle that is Trump vs the soul of the nation but you are wrong and are having an extremely sheltered echo chamber moment. Let’s Go Brandon has mass appeal because Joe Biden totally loving sucks, and because it requires, at minimum, a fundamental understanding of what a joke actually is, something no other meme from their side has ever had before.

Heath posted:

This is a big part of it, too, making libs mad is actually really fun, & way more rewarding then making CHUDs red-faced and angry.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cael posted:

The reason Let's Go Brandon sucks rear end is because you can just say gently caress joe biden. No body in the world would care, but the dumbest fuckers alive have to pretend they're being coy.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
It certainly doesn't get under anyone heres nerves

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
One of the worlds leading word-knowers just wrote a piece for the prestigious Atlantic Monthly about what Let’s Go Brandon means and we’re all here still trying to work it out wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Seams posted:

One of the worlds leading word-knowers just wrote a piece for the prestigious Atlantic Monthly about what Let’s Go Brandon means and we’re all here still trying to work it out wtf

all it means is you wanna plow sleepy joe