Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
None?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ahahah! yay! i was rooting for erika!

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Hell yes!!!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Wow.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

What the gently caress

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

lol

The edit loved Xander as did exactly nobody else.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
what happened to that survivor bracket thingy? im p sure erika was on my team or whatever

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Survivor is great

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
:canada:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

Remember in recent votes, Shan was concerned about Erika and thought she was dangerous, but then Erika was immune, Heather was saved, and they voted out Naseer. Meanwhile, the same night, Xander got blindsided and Evvie went home. They came back together and after a whole lot of moving pieces, Shan again wanted to target Erika. Nobody cared about Xander. Ricard made the big move, and it was Erika who got her hand in to split the votes onto Liana so she’d still be safe in case of an idol. The next vote, Xander plays his extra vote to protect the biggest threat Ricard as a shield, even though nobody cares about Xander, and now Ricard is one challenge win away from fire.

And this is after Xander spent the entire premerge clueless that he was going home if they lost a challenge, then upon finding out spurned original tribemate Tiffany to such an extent she hates him now. Along the way he also voted in the minority for Deshawn and Naseer.

He seems a lot more impressive on the TV show than he probably really is because he’s gone deep into the game and has a lot of TV friendly moments, like winning immunities and not playing idols and the whole thing with Liana.

There’s still game left to play, and Erika’s game isn’t exactly overwhelming, and Deshawn has had some fairly ridiculous moments (the Heather tribal, this past one), so Xander might have some room to work with if Ricard gets taken out, but I do think he’s an underdog that needs to do something like beat Ricard at fire to raise his respect level.

Tgis!!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
She actually made me respect her game a lot more thinking as a juror

It must be so different knowing all the things we don't know and not knowing many if the things we do.

I still would have voted Xander but I'm not mad

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

I'm so confused. By the vote, and by doing the after party there. Doing it right after means no one has had time to reflect or watch the rest of the season. And means we don't get to see them months later when they look nothing like their island selves.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SteveVizsla posted:

I'm so confused. By the vote, and by doing the after party there. Doing it right after means no one has had time to reflect or watch the rest of the season. And means we don't get to see them months later when they look nothing like their island selves.

Jeff talked about this in an interview

They had no way of knowing if that would be possible with covid

No one was going to quarantine for two weeks to be on an hour show, had that been necessary

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SteveVizsla posted:

A zoom reunion show isn’t fun, this is all due to Covid

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yeah, it's a bummer, especially after we didn't even get a winners final episode properly. hope it comes back someday but jeez this show isnt one to take things away and bring em back i feel even if the reasons now are practical

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I like Xander a lot, but I'm not surprised he got shut out. People over on reddit analyzed all the exit interviews, and apparently the jury did not like his game.

I'm glad Erika won. I would have preferred a Ricard win, but Erika played a great game and has a great sense of humor. So happy for her.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Xander looks disgusted.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
he cant conceive of not winning, you heard how we talking before the fire lol. in his mind he won no matter what basically

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Obviously Xander should have taken her to fire

But it's easy to say from here

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i think doing fire yourself if youre confident has been a good game move so far hasn't it?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

A zoom reunion show isn’t fun, this is all due to Covid

I think I'd possibly prefer zoom to this, given what I like about the reunions

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Nihonniboku posted:

I like Xander a lot, but I'm not surprised he got shut out. People over on reddit analyzed all the exit interviews, and apparently the jury did not like his game.

I'm glad Erika won. I would have preferred a Ricard win, but Erika played a great game and has a great sense of humor. So happy for her.

On Reddit: There were spoilers (that everyone believes came from a friend of Xander himself because they were very salty) that he got 0 votes

I was rooting for Erika, happy that she won!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

JesusSinfulHands posted:

On Reddit: There were spoilers (that everyone believes came from a friend of Xander himself because they were very salty) that he got 0 votes

I was rooting for Erika, happy that she won!

Reddit was also convinced that Ricard would win. So I generally ignore reddit spoilers. Remember Philippines where Skupin was convinced he won, and told everyone?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nihonniboku posted:

I generally ignore reddit

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Does Ricard have a dark mark or is that a random snake tattoo

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
survivor? more like survive-or, cuz you really gotta survive to win!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Corn has ears
I have ears

Why are you making me hear dumb phrases again

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I hate that this is following the same format as 41 but the 42 cast looks way more promising on paper.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
have they posted the preview anywhere yet? i turned off the aftershow because yeesh, bad format zZz

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmXCV9F2YBY

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

LMAO glad I decided not to waste my time and watch this poo poo tonight. This season is absolutely in the bottom tier for me. Garbage twists throughout and overall bad gameplay from almost all the players

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

LMAO glad I decided not to waste my time and watch this poo poo tonight. This season is absolutely in the bottom tier for me. Garbage twists throughout and overall bad gameplay from almost all the players

ok.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Shneak posted:

I hate that this is following the same format as 41 but the 42 cast looks way more promising on paper.
Do they? Not going to bat for this season that much but the cast at least was excellent.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
potatoes have skin
i have skin
am i a potato

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

it's okay there's a season of amazing race with the whitest family on the planet to lower any S42 expectations. they make thanksgiving youtube parody videos. thank you cbs reality programming. :colbert:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
thanksgiving parodies?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Came back to survivor after years away. What the absolute duck is this final four fire? And we’re still doing final three? Both of these suck eggs.

So the last time there’s a vote is with five? Why. How. Sigh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I ended up enjoying the after show more than I thought I would. Sure its a largely uneventful and drama free cast and they didn't have time to process stuff or shake/wallow in saltiness but I realized I pretty much like them all. Like Ricard came off a bit entitled and maybe Xander and Deshawn a bit too but no one seems like too big a jerk and I guess I was cool with them all just having pizza and decompressing. Its not like the reunion really does much unless there's some huge controversy anyway. But I remembered I like Naseer. I like Danny. I like most of them. They're all totally fine.

Erika is a totally fine winner. Like she did stuff and played a game. Not an amazing game but she seemed proactive, aware, and in control of herself. Deshaun clearly got burned a bit by at best being an emotional mess at times and possibly a manipulator, and Xander seemed like he came off a little clueless and just kind of backing forward. Erika seemed like she won because she was the adult in the room. And that's fine.

And wins like that are fun because they get people mad and mess with the narrative readers.

Its not a great season and I'm not sure that was worth 3 hours of my night. But I'm not mad. It was fine.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Narcissus1916 posted:

Came back to survivor after years away. What the absolute duck is this final four fire? And we’re still doing final three? Both of these suck eggs.

Because it's interesting to change up the format and keep things from becoming too uniform in a game that's constantly picked apart and players attempting to be "the next (insert cool player)." Also firemaking should be something everyone knows at this point so it's a good way for you to make people look bad without having to do much, as Xander attempted.

Final three is fun because you don't have to have one person choosing who goes with them to the end and solidifying their win (or loss if you are Woo).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

they moved to final threes because fan favorites kept getting axed right before final two
then they moved to final four firemaking because fan favorites kept getting axed right before final three.