Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
hahah eat poo poo urban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Ragnarok the Red posted:

:laffo: Was that the most disastrous coaching hire of all time?

Well Bobby Petrino went 3-10 and Urban went 2-11, so yes.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Crescent Wrench posted:

If we heard so much poo poo while he was still the coach, I really hope players and staff start coming out of the woodwork with more stories now that he's gone.

Gonna be the best hit piece parade of all time

Watch this motherfucker end up at Cal next year or something else equally stupid

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lmao Urbz

:byewhore:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Guess I should post that update soon

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Lou Holtz with the Jets was beyond.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh this is delicious. I bet the line on the Texans/Jags game moves in favor of Jacksonville after this.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/chrisvannini/status/1471353881569509383

Shad Khan politely sat through his dork son’s wrestling nerd show and then decided to fire Urban Meyer

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/Karan0946/status/1471353800900239360

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/chrisvannini/status/1471353881569509383

Shad Khan politely sat through his dork son’s wrestling nerd show and then decided to fire Urban Meyer

Another reason why Bryan Danielson is the GOAT

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Thought to put a smile on your face: this is probably the first time Urban's ever been fired. So it probably really upset him.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Guze posted:

Lol fired at midnight

Is right hand was fully up some ladies butt he probably had to read the tweet with his left

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Lol, get fuuuucked, Urban.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
https://mobile.twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1471359465597247491?s=21

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Lol. And I cannot stress this enough

Lmao.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Shad is making his list and checking it twice. Maybe 3 times this go around

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1471362705009385481

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Lou Holtz and the Jets.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wonder who's gonna wade into this poo poo show.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I can't believe the Texans aren't the league's most dysfunctional team

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Bill Belichick and the Jets

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

davecrazy posted:

Lou Holtz and the Jets.

At least Lou had the self-awareness to walk away and literally say "God did not put Lou Holtz on this earth to coach in the pros"

He also won one more game lol

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
the Lions are going to go 1-15-1 this season and still won't be even a tenth of the laughingstock the Jaguars are right now

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The old carousel thread is a trip. Lots of people calling Urban a bad hire as soon as the rumors start and a couple of Jets fans, who thought he might actually end up being their coach, protesting that there’s no way he’s as big a headcase as everyone is saying.

mcmagic posted:

There is no way he's deranged enough to get as worked up over a loss with a stripped down rebuilding team with zero expectations as he would in college where one loss can ruin your season.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
That one's especially hilarious because he is reportedly deranged enough to get upset over games that literally do not count because he was being a big doofy idiot over preseason, too

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Intruder posted:

I can't believe the Texans aren't the league's most dysfunctional team

Got bad news on that front. The owner here actually stepped in and fired the powerful sociopath. Stability doesn't equal functional. I'd still rather be a Jags fan than a Texans fan.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Woozie66 posted:

Got bad news on that front. The owner here actually stepped in and fired the powerful sociopath. Stability doesn't equal functional. I'd still rather be a Jags fan than a Texans fan.

To bad he didn't fire all of them

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Man what an entertaining disaster.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

The Glumslinger posted:

Bill Belichick and the Jets

I resign as HC of the NYJ

I listened to that press conference live.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Thank god, (this specific part of) the unending nightmare of Jaguars fandom is finally over

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So is assaulting an employee enough to get fired for cause?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WEEK 15 UPDATE

Oh baby, we got some content now.

COOL
Bill Belichick, New England Patriots
Sean McDermott, Buffalo Bills
Brian Flores, Miami Dolphins
Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers
John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens
Zac Taylor, Cincinnati Bengals
Kevin Stefanski, Cleveland Browns
Frank Reich, Indianapolis Colts
Mike Vrabel, Tennessee Titans
Andy Reid, Kansas City Chiefs
Mike McCarthy, Dallas Cowboys
Ron Rivera, Washington Football Team
Matt LaFleur, Green Bay Packers
Bruce Arians, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints
Sean McVay, Los Angeles Rams
Kliff Kingsbury, Arizona Cardinals
Kyle Shanahan, San Francisco 49ers

The Dolphins probably won’t make the playoffs, but it’s a miracle they’re back in the conversation after that 1-7 start, and it looks like Flores has done enough to make it to 2022. I keep waiting for the Cowboys to gently caress it up and they still haven’t, so we’ll have to wait on lighting up those Fat Mike packs.

FIRST-YEAR COACHES
Robert Saleh, New York Jets
David Culley, Houston Texans
Brandon Staley, Los Angeles Chargers
Nick Sirianni, Philadelphia Eagles
Dan Campbell, Detroit Lions
Arthur Smith, Atlanta Falcons

Saleh and Culley must be elated that Urbz took all the attention away from their own terrible first-year campaigns.

MILD

Vic Fangio, Denver Broncos – The Broncos refuse to go away, which makes it hard to assess just how warm Fangio really is. They have the Bengals, Chargers, and Chiefs left on their schedule, so there’s no margin for error if they want to sneak into the wild card. The next month could make or break Fangio’s tenure.

Joe Judge, New York Giants – Judge got the Dreaded Vote of Confidence this week, but with the state of Giants ownership, they could very well be committed to that for once. With rumors about GM Dave Gettleman potentially retiring, Judge might stumble his way into even more power, which would be hilarious if you’re not a Giants fan.

Mike Zimmer, Minnesota Vikings – Of course the Vikings can never make anything simple. A week after losing to the Lions seemingly sealed Zimmer’s fate, they got a big win over the Steelers to stay in the thick of the playoff race. I still feel fairly confident that they’ll move on from Zimmer even if they make the playoffs, but stranger things have happened this season.

Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks – The Seahawks are finally winning and Russell Wilson is starting to look like Russell Wilson again, but it’s probably too late to save their season. The questions about Carroll’s future haven’t changed since my last update, except now they’re more likely to finish with 6-8 wins than the worst-case scenario (4-5 wins and handing the Jets a top-five pick). Barring a miracle run to the #7 seed, they’re in wait-and-see mode until January.

MODERATE

Matt Rhule, Carolina Panthers – Things are falling apart pretty quickly in Charlotte. The Cam Newton reunion tour has been a dud, making it even more obvious that their 2022 QB isn’t on the 2021 roster. Joe Brady, once one of the hottest up-and-comers in the coaching world, got unceremoniously fired during the bye week. The roster is stuck in that dreaded purgatory of not being good enough to win now, but not bad enough to build around high draft picks. Rhule does have that big seven-year contract, but as we’re about to see below, that doesn’t guarantee safety at all. If the Panthers have a real long-term vision, I’m still waiting to see it.

SPICY HOT

Matt Nagy, Chicago Bears – When the Bears were leading the Packers last Sunday night, I joked on Twitter that GB was just playing the long con to keep Nagy employed. Fortunately, things returned to normalcy as the Bears rolled over and died in the second half. Only four more weeks until we’re finally free.

Jon Gruden, Las Vegas Raiders (interim coach: Rich Bisaccia) – Eventually I’ll learn how to spell his name without having to Google it first.

Urban Meyer, Jacksonville Jaguars (interim coach: Darrell Bevell) – And so ends the most disastrous NFL coaching tenure of the modern era, at least since Bobby Petrino. Nearly every week was filled with some bizarre embarrassing scandal, going all the way back to the beginning when he hired that racist S&C coach who had to immediately resign. The final indignity came courtesy of Josh Lambo, who revealed that Meyer kicked him and insulted him during training camp. That was enough for Shad Khan to finally pull the plug, just a couple days after a weak public statement saying he needed time to evaluate things or whatever.

Meyer is rightfully getting buried now, and he’ll likely never coach again. But this just raises further questions about Shad Khan, who yet again has to backpedal on a bad personnel decision. The Jaguars are about to be on their sixth head coach since Khan bought the team in 2011 (not counting multiple interim coaches), their only winning season is that beautifully weird outlier of 2017, and Urbz isn’t even the first coach he fired one year in. We all love the stache, and his son runs a really fun wrestling show, but the Jaguars have been a rudderless shambles under Shad’s watch. He absolutely needs to nail his next coaching hire before they risk ruining Trevor Lawrence, now the most important employee in that building

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Shad Khan watched a Bryan Danielson match and then was inspired to go kick someone's loving head in.

Also big ups to Two Time Interim Head Coach Darrell Bevell.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shad has to absolutely crush this next hire right? He went from Coughlin getting the team informally blacklisted in public to the Urban Meyer disaster.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would say he really needs to not gently caress this one up, but, it's not like there's any consequences if he does.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If I were Shad Khan my ploy from here on out would be to only hire up and coming coordinators in the hope that they would turn into the next big thing

No more splashy poo poo, no more retreads. If the gamble doesn't work out, it doesn't work out, but at least I'm trying.

My specific choice right now would be Eric Bienemy, fwiw

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
better to admit you were wrong and cut losses early then hang on too long like the Maras and McCaskeys do

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I feel like some college somewhere will hire Urban again, it’s just a matter of when. He’s much more suited for being the God-King of some high-tier college town like Gainesville or Columbus, some awful SEC team will bite that bullet.

Ironically, I feel like he might have actually torched his rep enough to not get back into broadcasting, he was never an interesting personality but he had credentials, whereas now all anyone is gonna think of when they see him is a big whiny baby who threw a tantrum so petty that it got him fired, and also is bad at cheating on his wife. Then again I bet the line for being on Fox Sports is still somewhere down below the Earth’s crust so maybe he’ll be analyzing Big Ten football again before we know it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If I'm Shad I have Trevor sitting in the room for every interview and giving him a shortlist of candidates to pick from. He obviously hasn't been good this year but they desperately need him to fulfill his potential, they need a guy that can build his confidence back up and coach bad habits out of him. You drafted him to be the face of the franchise, now it's on you to build his support network.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Lmaoo. Jags gonna jag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

Gonna be the best hit piece parade of all time

Watch this motherfucker end up at Cal next year or something else equally stupid

Nah Berkeley’s too smart for that

He’ll con some flailing big 10 or 12 program and then get fired from that too with another guaranteed payout like Charlie Weis