Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

The mount is so good but this sucks, yes

You put your hand on the glass during movement at least but...bleh!! People should riot. Make them change this!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Thundarr posted:

No comparison, especially since I can't even remember what the gorilla does so it can't have been so bad.

When people were just getting to 80 during early ShB Grassman would routinely wipe entire hunt trains. His ground pound raid-wide did insane damage.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They didn't give girls the casual arm rest for the car mount either. What is this!!

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

He had a chest pound aoe that was basically a raidwide that fired off like 5 times in a row I think it scaled up for each hit too (same as hullbreaker gorilla basically except no bananas). People having low hp basically meant a pile of corpses unless your healer started dumping multiple cure IIIs in a row.

The stat squish also means old hunts are way stronger than they were before so I've seen some weird things the one or two times I've bothered doing them. Like an ARR S rank taking almost half a minute to kill and a proximity aoe from a ShB S rank killing my cryptlurker RDM from near max range while lasting way too long.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The funniest thing is when there was a bug where Grassman wouldn't stop pounding, and still kept scaling up damage.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

i finished 6.0 and i have the following to report:

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Valentin posted:

i finished 6.0 and i have the following to report:

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I finished last night, :same:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I just unlocked/cleared all the Omega raids, but now I have to do it on Extreme for a chance at the mount :saddowns:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Bruceski posted:

Why do Demi-Bahamut/Phoenix have increased emnity?

They just do a shitload of damage. It's 1300 potency for Akh Morn/Revelation now, when it used to be 600, because you only get one cast each time you summon them instead of two.

I have noticed that I peel off a lot more mobs from tanks if I summon Bahamut right away, it's kind of fun :allears:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Begemot posted:

They just do a shitload of damage. It's 1300 potency for Akh Morn/Revelation now, when it used to be 600, because you only get one cast each time you summon them instead of two.

I have noticed that I peel off a lot more mobs from tanks if I summon Bahamut right away, it's kind of fun :allears:

There is a bit of a taunt on the Demis as well, to offset the damage.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/e7388986bc24d5a1337e0beed057f7b5b78b9bb3

More from YoshiP.

-Additional 14 days free game time being compensated
-Starter edition sales are temporarily suspended
-6.05 is releasing on schedule for January 4
-There is a fix for the 2002 errors while in queues that will be rolled out with 6.01 on the 21st
-They hope to provide a roadmap for the improvement of their server infrastructure in late January including new server additions

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

14 days gametime and they're suspending sales of the starter edition? Wow.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Begemot posted:

Enters Dreadwyrm Trance and summons Demi-Bahamut to fight your target.
Demi-Bahamut will execute Wyrmwave automatically on the targets attacked by you after summoning.
Increases enmity in target when Demi-Bahamut is summoned.
Duration: 15s

Edit: I think I got it, logging back in to test.
Edit2: Yup, the added enmity is so that summoning Bahamut/Phoenix acts as a tag, since it does no damage on first cast.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 16, 2021

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
and complete edition is being suspended

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh, also the 2002 login bug....

IT WAS FROM 1.0

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Waffleman_ posted:

IT WAS FROM 1.0

Because of course it was.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Arist posted:

14 days gametime and they're suspending sales of the starter edition? Wow.

I'm genuinely surprised with how it was looking like the queues were starting to settle down some. Maybe they were worried about a Christmas Day surge?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FFXIV has officially hit gently caress off we're full.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

IT WAS FROM 1.0

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

If nothing else, it speaks to this game's public reception that every piece of news and half the memes on Twitter are about people sitting in 6,000 person queues and there's apparently still so many people buying the goddamn thing that they have to stop selling it. It's loving crazy!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

*record scratch*

quote:

as well as the new treasure hunt dungeon, the Excitatron 6000.
i can't handle this hype... its too much...

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Bruceski posted:

Enters Dreadwyrm Trance and summons Demi-Bahamut to fight your target.
Demi-Bahamut will execute Wyrmwave automatically on the targets attacked by you after summoning.
Increases enmity in target when Demi-Bahamut is summoned.
Duration: 15s

Edit: I think I got it, logging back in to test.
Edit2: Yup, the added enmity is so that summoning Bahamut/Phoenix acts as a tag, since it does no damage on first cast.

Ohhhh, I didn't notice that. Kind of a weird change, I guess it's so they always have a target when they're summoned, since they just attack on their own now.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Waffleman_ posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/e7388986bc24d5a1337e0beed057f7b5b78b9bb3

More from YoshiP.

-Additional 14 days free game time being compensated
-Starter edition sales are temporarily suspended
-6.05 is releasing on schedule for January 4
-There is a fix for the 2002 errors while in queues that will be rolled out with 6.01 on the 21st
-They hope to provide a roadmap for the improvement of their server infrastructure in late January including new server additions

https://twitter.com/PasokonGal/status/1471308806487425026?t=j9K4ie_fUYx-uFybhMeC8Q&s=19

We should have listened!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

this says a lot about our society

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Waffleman_ posted:

IT WAS FROM 1.0

Finding out about this right after I finished the final trial felt strangely appropriate, like I'd come full circle somehow.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

We will never escape the ghost of 1.0.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Now that I've finished the MSQ, I'm going back through all the spoilers I skipped over earlier. This is from the last thread but I feel it needs to be repeated here for posterity:

Leal posted:

It is hilarious how accepting everyone is about going TO THE MOON

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Stuff like that is the reason that, despite FF14 being capable of hanging around for years to come, I really, really want to see what a Yoshi-P led CBU3 could do with all their hard-earned MMO development experience and the opportunity to design a brand new game from the ground up.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Not only are they stopping distribution of the paid editions, they're disabling registration for free trials, too.

Nipponophile posted:

Stuff like that is the reason that, despite FF14 being capable of hanging around for years to come, I really, really want to see what a Yoshi-P led CBU3 could do with all their hard-earned MMO development experience and the opportunity to design a brand new game from the ground up.

Isn't this exactly the case for FFXVI? I know YoshiP is the lead on it and it's advertised coming from CBU3, but I don't know how much overlap there is.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Nipponophile posted:

I'm of the same mind. The Scions have had their big moment, make a new game from the ground up to both start a new story and ditch all remnants of 1.0/2.0 code.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Onean posted:

Isn't this exactly the case for FFXVI? I know YoshiP is the lead on it and it's advertised coming from CBU3, but I don't know how much overlap there is.

Not an MMO, don't care.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Nipponophile posted:

Not an MMO, don't care.

Fair enough.

Also, the 2002 fix won't address getting kicked due to an interrupted connection, so I'm curious how many occurrences it'll actually prevent.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Onean posted:

Not only are they stopping distribution of the paid editions, they're disabling registration for free trials, too.

The free trial is basically unplayable anyways. As of one of the late 5.x patches (when the game started to get overloaded with ex-WoW players), free trial players can't sit in queues. They can only join worlds when there's 0 queue.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Onean posted:

fwiw, yoshida is producer on ff16, not director. So he's in charge of making sure the game stays on time and on budget, not in charge of creative aspects. For ff14, he's both.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ah, I thought it was the other way around: Director and not Producer.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jeez I can't even begin to imagine being in charge of two projects with that massive scope at the same time

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Finished Endwalker and loved it, but have some story gripes.

I don’t really buy Hermès turn. His arc stressed that he felt all life was precious which is why he was so upset that others could decide who basically lives or dies based on how functional they are. And even if he did have a somewhat dim view of humanity I don’t think he would want to put to risk all the flora and fauna, especially since some are his own creations.

I was originally bothered by the fact that every civilization in the universe but one died out as it felt too unrealistic, but then towards end it sounds like Meteion inadvertently ended some of those civilizations so that made more sense.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 16, 2021

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

theblackw0lf posted:

Finished Endwalker and loved it, but have some story gripes.

I don’t really buy Hermès turn. His arc stressed that he felt all life was precious which is why he was so upset that others could decide who basically lives or dies based on how functional they are. And even if he did have a somewhat dim view of humanity I don’t think he would want to put to risk all the flora and fauna, especially since some are his own creations.

I was originally bothered by the fact that every civilization in the universe but one died out as it felt too unrealistic, but then towards end it sounds like Meteion inadvertently ended some of those civilizations so that made more sense.

Also most of them didn't actually die out? They were just in a bad spot when she visited, but there was nothing preventing the dragons, the Ea, or the Omicrons from rebuilding their civilizations and becoming vibrant again. At least until she starting bombarding them with eternal bad vibes. If she'd come to Eitherys after an Umbral Calamity she'd probably have come to the same conclusion, ignoring the fact that these are always eventually followed by new golden ages. Sometimes things are bad, but that doesn't mean they will be bad forever, which is sort of the point.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

(Overall Story Spoilers)

Hermes was also dealing with major anxiety and depression as a result of the rift between his views on life compared to the rest of his kin. When it was decided that they'd take Meteion to the city for investigation he probably assumed it'd inevitably end up with the concept shelved and Meteion scrapped. We already saw how horribly it affected him when a random creature had to be killed so imagine what the thought of his closest companion being discarded would do to him. He wanted her to have fulfilled her purpose at the very least so as to not have had a pointless existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/redditFFXIV/status/1471253535090221056?s=20